Buying video cards

Where do you niggers go to purchase your video cards? I want to upgrade my 960 to a 970/980 soon, but only if the price is right.

No, I'm not poor but payday isn't until next week.

What are your go-to sites?

Other urls found in this thread:

hardwareswap.sitesixteen.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I use newegg because their cataloguing system isn't shit since they specialize in computer parts. Then I just google the cards that seem nice for cheapest prices. Being "loyal" to a company is fucking retarded.

pc part picker looks like it compares components from a variety of sources. I've found amazon/newegg often top one another with their prices, so it may be a good idea to check that site out.

How much does GTX 980 ti cost in white countries?
It's fucking 680 bucks where I live.

This.

Amazon usually has the best prices, but god help you if you use it to search for shit.

Unless can sell your 960 for a good price then it's not worth the upgrade. Buy from the 4xx or 1xxx series at least.

Just wait a month and Newegg should have 1070s for less than the price of a 980.

Jesus, even waiting for the R9 480 would be smarter.

I'd wait until the $379 non-founder's version of the 1070 comes out. I think it obsoletes everything in the 9xx series for a reasonable price.

If you have a torrent link for hardware I'm all ears

I'm not going to spoon feed you kid.

Fine, I'll go see if the 1080's up on the Vola yet.

why the fuck would you upgrade to a 970 or 980 when the price for performance for a 1070 is massively better?

Wasn't that 960 or something?
Ti has listed 6 gigs anyway.

Either way I have no idea how long it is until 1k series will appear in my shithole and how high their prices will be.

Unless you're trying to run at a higher resolution (or higher framerate to match monitor), I wouldn't upgrade if I were you. 960 to 970 isn't a big jump. 960 to 980 is, but if you want a new card i'd wait for the 1070 because NVIDIA usually dicks their older gen cards once new ones come out.

Do you mean RX 480?

Amazon
NewEgg
eBay, but only from TOP rated sellers based in the US with free shipping

When I want to buy parts for extremely cheap/sell parts relatively quickly without eBay or Amazon's BS market fees+seller fees+PayPal fees and because it's built on a system of feedback between users to eliminate all potential scammers:

hardwareswap.sitesixteen.com/

970s and 780 Tis go for $180 a piece here.

Say what you want about the general userbase of the shitty site, but this section is the best for hardware deals and is the only reason I have an account

a friend just got a 1080, he is getting terrible fps drops, even dropping into 10fps on games like ryse, funny
its probably his pc but still

it was the 970 with the 3.5GB ram

I know. I mentioned it because OP said 970/980 and that's who I was replying to.

980 TI is close to a 1070 - depends on what you're actually playing, resolution if you OC like a madman, etc - but there's literally no good reason to buy a 970/980 at this point.

Oh. Shit. I did mean the RX 480, not the R9.

I have a sapphire 6850

It was discontinued shortly after I bought it, I think.

RIP. It's not even the bottleneck for games; my CPU is a Phenom III 1090t x6

No point in upgrading for shitty games. At all.