Zelda games for PC?

Any recommendations for Zelda-esque games on PC anons?

They don't have to be outright Zelda clones, but I'm interested in anything with a decent mix of exploration, combat and puzzles, some story, and preferably third person and played with a controller.

Just got a new set-up and I'm dying to kick back for the entire winter and get comfy as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

solarus-games.org/
steamcommunity.com/app/314710/discussions/0/351659704040494043/
steamcommunity.com/app/284410
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Darksiders.

Yeah, Darksiders is basically Zelda of War, and it has a premise based on edgy christian mythology if you're into that
Hyper Light Drifter is sort of like a 2D zelda, both in perspective and level design(so no real puzzles)

2D: download Mednafen and play Alundra
3D: download PCSX2 and play Okami

Darksiders is pretty much the only thing I know of.

brain damage huh?

No excuse not to play Alundra user. If you're a fan of Zelda you owe it to yourself.

Wasn't Beyond Good and Evil a bit like that ?

I'd say the Legacy of Kain games had a lot of that going on, especially Soul Raper. There's that Oceanhorn game that appears to be quite the clone but I haven't played it yet.

Off the very top of my head Dork Soles was kinda like playing a more combat-focused Zelda, and there's a shitton of games available through emulation, including the Zelda games themselves.

Witcher 3

Post guts, faggot
and check em

There's Solarus, which is basically an open source ALTTP engine.

solarus-games.org/

Buy a cheap pee U off of eGay and install homebrew, you'll be able to play literally every official Zelda in existance. If not, fuck off back to /r/pcmasterrace.

hyperlight drifter is a terrible game

op, play the ys games.

YS is shit
I'd rather clock 10000 hrs in drifter

you may wanna drink draino cuz your taste can't get any worse

Just a reminder that zelda is for faggots.

Anodyne isn't half bad but it's built on some shitty engine that's capped at 30fps

She'd better start asking for it because there's no other way she's gonna get it

I played a bit of Hyper Light Drifter. It was pretty good until I inevitably stopped caring about it like every other game.

I'd recommend it to scratch a Zelda itch.

That's called "action-RPG".

Dark Souls
Darksiders
Dragon Age
Dragon’s Dogma
Fable
Gothic
Jade Empire
Kingdoms of Amalur : Reckoning
Mount & Blade
Silver
Sudeki
The Bard's Tale
The Elder Scrolls
The Witcher
Vampire the Masquerade

I hope you all get cancer and die. And if you gave money to these cucks I hope you get even more cancer.

are you retarded

There's always an imbecile like you, who cut off half of the name to complain that the other half is wrong.

No no, Zelda is a girl. Link's the boy who'll appeal to the faggots like you and me.

Filthy shotafags are why LoZ cannot be discussed on nigger cave drawing walls productively.

You asked for shota?

I'm surprised no one mentioned Outcast yet.

There are genres for action games that do not have rpg elements, such as action-adventure, which I think is pretty appropriate for Zelda.

if its run in PC, its ok

The scope of this game blew my mind when I was younger.

← No, this is action-adventure.

and Zelda isn't?

How?
Why?

when they are pretty much the same deal

shit taste

Zelda has always been action-adventure, it contains almost no elements of rpg. It has no stats, and no player abstraction (which is the heart of the RPG tag).

the only time this has ever changed was in spin offs (like the light-gun shooter, for instance) and some which are also considered side-scrolling platformers.

Well why do you think we have you around, user?

Also

The Legacy of Kain games
Darksiders
Redguard
The Bard's Tale(the 2004 one)
Drakan
Ys
Rune

Oceanhorn is okay. I haven't run into extremely clever puzzles yet, but I'm only past the first dungeon or so. It's closer to 2D Zelda. Soul Reaver is the only LoK game I've played, but I thought Blood Omen 1 and 2 were fairly different from the rest? I know Defiance is more similar to SR1 and 2.

How in the name of fuck was HLD a bad game? Admittedly I pirated it and the final boss was lackluster, but I can't think of much else that was wrong besides that.

The gameplay was fun, and I really enjoyed the colorful backgrounds as well as the atmospheric music.

Also

I didn't see this when I played it, but oh well. At least those dykes didn't outright ruin the fucking game.

THIS. But only the first Blood Omen and Soul Reaver. Avoid the sequels.

something something poison touch something false legitamacy something pixel art ooga booga.

I didn't like it, but at least I could see its appeal, much like CK2 and ther gsg (I'm too stupid to play these but I can see how it'd be fun) and similar.

I understand user. I will admit, the story-telling was pretentious.

I too, am too stupid to play CK2.

There's always a doofus who goes "Zeruda has no elements of RPG, experience points, level ups, armor class, THAC0, yadda yadda". Shut the fuck up and go back to your D&D campaign. That's not the reason. It's about tradition and history.

See, Zelda was similar to some earlier action-RPGs that were more "RPG-like" as you think of it, but it was more streamlined. But since it became so massively popular, it hijacked the "action-RPG" term. Much like PC used to mean any kind of home computer, but IBM's PC got so popular that it took over the once generic term.

So that's what gaming magazines in the 80s and 90s all called Zelda and similar games. Zelda doesn't have to fit a definition to be an action-RPG, Zelda became the definition of action-RPG.

You make a mistake in demanding an exact correlation between the individual words in the name of a genre and the nature of the genre itself. Is Castlevania a survival horror? After all, it has horror themes and you have to survive. Or is any action game an adventure? But that would be wrong, these terms mean specific things in this context.

lets see

Psychonauts?

it's an action adventure you mouth breathing retard

So nothing. The nature of RPG is the abstraction of the character from the player. The zelda series is in no way, and has never been (Except for, possibly one might argue, the 2nd one, but that would be a stretch) an RPG.

You mean everyone in the thread except for you and him?

HLD isn't a bad game, it's just a bit underwhelming in the grand scheme of things. Combat is good in that everything is clearly telegraphed and failure is on the player's head rather than the developers', music is okay for what it is but works poorly in boss battles, and graphics are hit-and-miss, but the gradients honestly do look better in motion. Pretty much the only downside is that kb+m controls are hot nasty trash, and that every boss after the one in the western area is underwhelming.

Coming from this thread full of suggestions for game clones

steamcommunity.com/app/314710/discussions/0/351659704040494043/

I found this.
steamcommunity.com/app/284410
I haven't played it but it certainly looks the part.