ITT: Games that deserve remasters/PC ports

Post games that you think deserve remasters on current systems or pc ports. Pic related is in desperate need of one.

Everyone praises the first game, but i really liked darkness 2. It was really short and (i havent played the first) removed the demon/buddy thing, but the combat was really good for what it was.

I haven't played Darkness 2, but all I know is it got a pc port, and D1 didn't and that befuddles me.

A pc port is an insult to a games legacy.

Pretty much.

Plus it's a lot better than relying on emulation.

i kinda liked the multiplayer, having a katana and shit, that was cool

Dragons Crown.

Pretty much every Vanillaware game really. Especially since Odin Sphere HD benefited so much from it.

I just dont want Steam normalfags playing my obscure weeb games.

[insert confused anime girl here]

I wasn't talking about your comic book game gaijin

I think that killing yourself is probably a super good idea

Back to reddit.

Please explain why any of the reasons I cited are invalid

You're a faggot.

Enjoy never playing Ninja Gaiden again because all the original XBoxes are dead and we still can't emulate it properly.

Mine isn't, get gud poorfag.

It's only a matter of time. Your console will die, with all the rest, and Microsoft ain't making any more of them.

Every Vanillaware title HD on PC\Steam\Linux if I'm dreaming big.

Weren't those last three games shit?

Was the last one seriously released on 2011 for the ps2?.

If they remade the original TIE Fighter with current graphics and touched literally nothing else - not the missions, difficulty, voice acting, controls, nothing - I would pay $100 for a copy

i actually wonder why we haven't gotten another star wars sim since x-wing alliance, as far as I know they sold pretty well and all of them got pretty good reviews, even x-wing vs. tie fighter

Remasters
Not remakes.

Back then it was Lucas holding back these kinda games to get jedi shit instead. Now its Disney.

The common misconception that because a game is ported to the pc it is a better or definitive version of that game is one that bites a lot of people in the ass. It is not always the case, it seems that its more like 40 to 60% of the time thw game is at best identical or has its own issues that may not be a deal breaker but introduce more issues that merely diversify your choice in flawed visions od the game
Maybe 10% of pc ports are absolute improvements over the original.

Modders may also address some issues, but all to often these may stray from developer intent, and alter game logic in undesirable ways.

More options are almost always a good thing. But it's not always the case they happen at all.

Plus, I'd really rather not see the western pc gamer audience approach some games. The effect they have on a discussion tends to be devestating, rarely reviving the spirit of the game and merely injecting the communities cancerous tendencies.

I'd like less of that. Pc ports are also less desirable from a developer perspective unless they have the time and people for it.

At least Lucas allowed for some creative freedom and didn't seek to casualize absolutely everything, he just made some dumb decisions on any project he had an interest on. I'd rather an IP be managed by a retard that happens to employ a bunch of talented people than it be managed by a gigantic soulless corporation that wants nothing but to appeal to the biggest demographic and rehash shit for nostalgiabux.

My nigga.

Try not to post blatantly obvious console exclusives in the future.

A man can dream of such a game on PC, can't he?

Second game had pretty fun combat but it sucks that you can't use Jackie and all his powers in the multiplayer horde mode. Sometimes I just want to load it up and rip my enemies apart with darkness demons but the combat in the main story is short at first and there are a lot of unskippable story sections like the asylum dreams.

Whatever happened to that remake of Duke Nukem 3D?

This

I WANT THIS SHIT ON MY PC

I want Steel Battalion or something similar on the PC, a good mech simulator that's all about the single player.

yes, most often than not ports are crappy.

That doesnt mean we should just ignore PC ports, or stop wanting PC ports.

Your vision is that of the snake biting its own tail, if everybody reasoned like this and avoided all PC ports because only 10% of them (and that's respecting your made up statistic) are a net improvement over the original, than publishers would just stop porting or continue doing a mostly bad job of it.

While if more and more people enjoy playing ports on PC, and paying for them, that will be a incentive to make better ports to sell more.

Anyway for people like me who don't want a TV at home and want to support the console industry that's a no brainer, when a good game came out only on console, and is then ported to PC, of course I'll buy it unless it's a catastrophic port.

Who said anything about absolute improvements, I just want as close of a port as practically possible, HD would be nice but even that's not absolutely necessary for all cases.
If I can play Dragon's Crown on my PC with my logitech playstation clone controller, and have it 99.9% close to the console version I'll be satisfied with that.

Every decent Xbox exclusive needs to make it to PC, before they get lost to time.

Still looking for yer scraps, mustards

>>>/suicide/
Console only laptop using plebs should be gassed

confirmed for laptop pleb that primarily uses consoles

Almost every single PC port is an improvement over the console version, keep in mind that people bitch about Dark Souls 1's port all the time for being awful, but even without the very popular mod to unlock the framerate/resolution it's still slightly better than the console version because you can at least get a consistent framerate in places like Blighttown, and of course it's a lot better once you unlock it and play at 60 FPS 1080p. The only port I can think of that is worse than the console version in significant ways is Saints Row 2, but even then there's a big ass mod that fixes the majority of its problems and makes it mostly better than the console version.

You fags know why some games are consolo exclusive, right?

They dont pass the quality standards test

He is right. Even with Dark Souls at least maintaining 30fps straight, the network issues are ridiculously bad.

There's a history of notoriously bad PC ports, such as GTA4, Saints Row 2, arkham knight, and with the introduction of gameworks, it seems games are getting more and more crippled by bad optimization issues.

You'd be hard pressed to find a number of great pc ports. The last proper, traditional one I can think was Alan Wake, which had a long history of being built for PC first until Microsoft snagged a deal near release and held the game hostage for a few years.

I don't think it's about that. I think it's about being realistic and getting what works best to get your own ideal experience.

It's saying not all versions of games are made equal, and despite all the perks of some platforms, they go underutilized. You can't always do something about it. Sometimes you have to settle for your best option. Sometimes its on PC. Not all the time. Sometimes it's on a previous generation system, look at Rodea the Sky Soldier. Sometimes it's on consoles, the developer decided to better support that version or something.

I see it as saying the bias in favor of PC games is stupid, and lacks nuance. I think it's a good thing that games come to PC, but I see why they don't, understand the problems, and in some cases, it means that despite it getting a smaller audience, the game may have suffered otherwise. Not really an extreme conclusion.

My Niggaro

Dragon's Dogma was my #1. One down on the list.

I had some more. Trying to remember.

And my current #1 just ahead of Bayonetta.

Also this

SH2 already has a PC port, it's kinda broken but usable.

It also has an HD rerelease
which is by far the most terrible one ever made

Agreed with all those except Dante's Inferno, if you're going to have a God of War ripoff ported to PC you may as well just port God of War

I vote for the Shin Megami Tensei series, Persona series and Ghost in the Shell video games across PS1, PS2 and PSP.

Best Loli

Scamco doesn't port old games unless its used as incentive to get people to preorder trash

Undying was ported a while back though

Completely forgot to include these.

It needs a remaster, and preferably even some closure because of the ending.

I just want Satan's dick in 8k resolution.

Huh? I thought it was ok. Covenants are all dead, curse is lifted and that unholy tentacle monster/ nameless king guy is killed by Gabriel for good.

Actually I'll go ahead and admit that I was thinking of another old game when I typed that. Undying still needs a remaster.

In current year?
Only development costs and publishers like Sony.
Theres no real reason not to do it later in any case.
Even Nintendo games on Dolphin play better if you have the right cheap amd easily obtainable peripherals.

We wuz dubz n shieeet

Only reason I held onto my 360 after 2010.

I remember the time when skating games were everywhere. Then skating stopped being cool.

In a way it's a shame because they were some of the most fun out of all 'sport' games.

Good taste OP. Most underrated game of last gen.

The gameplay was way better in the second game, but the story was too much of a departure. I liked the first one's dreary and subdued way of going about things. Anyway, we need a Darkness 3 to wrap up the cliffhanger but I don't know what the devs are up to these days, if they're still around.

Day one fucking buy, but it's Atlus. Sega needs to coerce them to just get into the PC market already.

Crackdown and Scott Pilgrim. Only games I still use my 360 for.

GrimGrimoire is in dire need of an HD version. At least Dragon's Crown is fine for 720p.

The only decent Silent Hill made after 4.

IT fell through since Gearbox fucked over the people doing that and fucked over other people who got the rights to use the licence from them.

Scot Pilgrim won't becasue the people who did the music sperged out about how gamers are terrible and how scott pilgrim is misogynistic and prevented any songs they made to be used. The company would have to go through a ton of legal loops to get that going.

It's a shame. Unfortunately I was too late getting the multiplayer DLC so I can never get it.

Simple, make new music. Tell Anamanashitface to fuck off and get somebody that isn't pants-on-head retarded to make music.

Apparently they had some sort of exclusive music dead which is where a lot of the legal trouble comes from and they did not want to deal with it. Funny thing to note is that the faggots in that band are friends with moot and tried to get him to make 4chan cleaner, which he ended up doing. Now you have cuckchanners who call us the grossest place on earth while also saying we are grosser than reddit. What a time to be alive.

I still dont get why artists have so much power over vidya, agreed to let them use your music in the game? Its there forever, deal with it. You got money for it

WHERE THE PORTS, SEGA?! WE WERE PROMISED PORTS DUE MONTHS AGO!
(I know Billy Hatcher has a PC port. But it's so old and dated that it runs better on Dolphin these days)

You forgot about Link and Versus.

wew lad
Is there really no easy way of saying "Here's this new Scott Pilgrim game! With brand new music!" And have it be basically the same but DLC included and get around that? I mean, I don't expect you to know specifics of the deal, but there's got to be a way around this.

My nigga. Seriously, Sega, I'd like this too.

You have every other good KOF on steam/PC, why not this one?

It is even oldfags who do this shit. One frequent user of /h/ and /d/ ended up coming here. The one guy who does edits, and now cuckchan and mods are so asshurt they still bring it up how gross he is for coming here now and betraying them. You also have some guy who worked on a slave sex simulator talking about how terrible Holla Forums and video games are for being bigoted and objectifying.

Another instance I remember was when you had some popular /a/ translator who usually translated loli shit turned out to be a massive SJW and started using shit like mansplain, gross, objectifying, etc. as well.

Damn thar cover art looks so badass, fuck gearbox man.

I want a Demon's Souls remake with the last archstone in it.

Isnt it still quite solid in both gameplay not aging like milk and getting it to run on modern computers doesnt require degree at mit?

Though some graphical enchancement would allways be welcome if only to see dem big Scottish teetees.

Even if the hollow husk of what used to be Team Ninja ever did a PC port, that hack Hayashi would make his shit Sigma versions were ported not the originals.

Feels bad man.

I mean, I'm not surprised some oldfags are like that, it was explicitly made to be not-goons but I'm sure goons found their way over. Goons always find a way to ruin everything.

I really wanted to like this game but it's trash. The combat is simplistic and the having to literally shake your primary weapon to "charge it up" to do more attacks was the height of the wii waggle nonsense. The overworld was barren and having to not only drive around it but to do shit part time jobs for cash… ugh.

The plot, character designs, and cinematics were pretty good I guess but none of that has anything to do with being a game. It would have made a better anime.

The undisputed leader in properly utilizing the wii u for combat remains Red Steel 2. The cowboy ninja thing was dumb but the gameplay was fun, deep, and challenging.

> utilizing wii u mote

Could also mention Drakengard series and Nier.

Whatever fucking happened to Deep Down? Can we get that?

IIT games pc faggots will most likely never have

Thanks for proving to us that you have shit taste.
The overworld was just purposely like that, this game worked as a pun towards western open world games that are just as barren and get praise for it. The whole game was filled with satire that flew right over your head.

I hope Yakuza arrives on PC just so more people can play this really fun series. I'm worried it'll lead to shitposting though

Come on you Belkan fucks, step it up

Shit game

I don't care if Sega lost the source code, Saturn emulation is mostly flawless and they can easily emulate the PD series.

And Orta would look delicious in HD.

It's still shit if the satire isn't actually funny or entertaining. Satire is funny when it's Doom guy smashing the intercom because he's not interested in exposition from an overpaid voice actor. It's not funny when it's a barren open world collectathon

That source code excuse is bs and you know it. Bluepoint didnt have the source code for MGS2/3 on their hd remakes, they ripped assets straight from the dvds.

Oh yeah it's really funny when he does that, then five minutes later the game goes all NO REALLY STOP PLAYING WE WANT TO TELL YOU A STORY

That's why I said they could at least emulate it. Shit, Panzer Dragoon 1 had a PC port (which you can unlock in Orta) AND a PS2 port that I'm pretty sure was based on it. That's how they got Nights running in HD. If they do it for Nights then they can do that for PD.

The Ace Combat holy trinity. If fucking Assault Horizon can be on pc, why not the best games?

I was just about to post the same thing.
I just want to be able to own all the games physically without paying an arm and a leg.

these

Who even owns the license to 007 anymore?

Imho every not-first party console exclusive game should be ported to pc after at least a gen, it's not like they can profit from those games anymore, so why don't give them a second wind on pc?

wake me up

Never understood how those games are xbox exclusive

But I'm playing this on PC right now

BECAUSE THEY'RE BOTH FUCKING AMAZING

also this

What dante's inferno fucking needs is an artbook, not a PC port

the game has phenomenal visual design and 5/10 meh everything else

I can't even find the one trailer with concept art in it anymore

You had one fucking job and you performed it excellently.