Which horror games have truly scared you?

For me it would be these two (Nanashi no Geemu and NNG Me)
Seriously play this.

Other urls found in this thread:

nicoblog.org/nds-roms/nanashi-no-geemu-english-patched-jpn/
nicoblog.org/nds-roms/nanashi-no-geemu-me-english-patched-jpn/
mega.nz/#F!sBw3XCia!KdwZWCOt0hsuYzO3fc4G1w
mirrorcreator.com/files/1FDZZAM5/Nanashi_no_Geemu_Me_Eng.rar_links
www44.zippyshare.com/v/Bj0suf7Z/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I fucked up that sentence.

Im learning Japanese so i can play this game.

Super mario brothers 3

I could never get past this part, I always had to get someone else to do if for me. It's pretty unexpected for such a cheerful game.

Both games have fanpatches if you care about that stuff.

I got a lot of good spooks from FEAR. Not sure how 2 and 3 are, though.

So unsettling. The fact that the endings are trial and error is a flaw but makes it even scarier.

The Corpse Party games were probably the creepiest things I ever played. Blood Drive less so because of the artstyle and overuse of wandering spirits, but I still really enjoyed the game.

just posted this in the SCP thread before seeing this thread but it would be much more appropriate here, please recommend me some good shit:

Same here, there are a tiny amount of horror games that I think are good and this is one of them. Same goes for movies, the vast majority of them are either too cheesy (most older ones) or rely heavily on jumpscares (newer ones).
I'd have to rank them as:
Videogames
anything after those that I've played has been too insignificant to list here
movies
please let me know if I missed anything that you think is good, I am desperate for good horror. And if you're trying to recommend some walking sim like SOMA or cheesy slasher like Nightmare on Elm St then kys fam

I remember the first game getting a fan patch, but did they finally do it for the sequel?

Yes. There's an already patched rom up at nicoblog.

Anything with 3D audio does it for me. Hearing all the ghost whispers and footsteps while you wonder around the empty rooms with the overwhelming feeling of despair and helplessness is really unsettling.

Particularly one scene where you get to relieve the last moments of a girl who was murdered.

[spoiler]You're blindfolded for the most of it, but you have to listen to other kids to the left and right of you get stabbed and slashed with a rusty pair of scissors - begging, crying, screaming, squelching abound - as the murderer comes closer and closer to you, footsteps and breathing louder every moment.

They grab your tongue and you can very vividly hear the sound as they creak and cut through the flesh with their scissors, all shrieking is literally drowned out as your mouth fills up with blood.

Your blindfold is removed and scissors are pointed directly at your eye before they plunge and a piercing crack goes straight through you where they force the blades into your skull.[/spoiler]

Oh yeah, I should mention that Corpse Party has binaural audio and playing with headphones is an absolute must. Without them it actually sounds like shit and totally kills the immersion factor.

That scene was fucking brutal. i watched the anime adaption. The part where the murderer fucking took off the top of the girls head was just disturbing

2spooky for me.

this is the entire and only reason I'm putting CFW on my PSP

Do it now. Literally what are you waiting for, it takes 5 minutes.

my replacement battery that should have arrived in the mail a week ago

Stalker, SCP and Silent Hill 1.

I also never completed them because of that.

How is Fear scary? It's probably the last scary horror game I've ever played. After the 2nd skeleton I found covered in jam I couldn't stop laughing.

Yeah FEAR really isn't that bad if you're good at FPSes but if you're bad it piles up the tension quite a bit.

Fuck the cubicle though

No content, there's an immense power gap between PT and the rest of the world when it comes to the dread factor.

Any retard can make jump scares, and walking (in the dark) simulator like Amnesia are just one step above. But enduring this one is like having a gun to your head the whole time.

"No contest", fuck me

2 is not as scary because it's much less subtle. But still a good game.

3 is pants on head retarded in all aspects.

I envy you anons sometimes when it comes to horror games. being deaf is suffering when it comes to horror games, can't enjoy them proper
Earlier memory I recall of getting spooked was 'heartbeat-like' rumble from PS1 controller when playing Silent Hill 1. That always spooked me.
The most recent memory was from Dreadout, using the phone camera to keep track of the ghosts. Fuck, it kept me paranoid - especially when you see a ghost in the distance and it's getting closer to you.

Man tell me about scary NES games, there was this bootleg of a Saint Seiya game ive had that would display all sorts of fucked up glitches and i would get so scared i would run the heck outta my room.

Sorry to hear that. (Sorry, that pun was not originally intended, but when I thought of it, I couldn't stop myself from posting it.)
Are you completely deaf?
Would you have the option of getting a cochlear implant?

Sometimes I ponder what I would choose if I had to either become blind or deaf.
Even though video games are my favorite thing in the world, I often think I would rather go blind because I could not live without music.
A great soundtrack can make a mediocre game good and a great game can be ruined with a bad soundtrack for me.

I wonder how many times I have turned of my GC because of those messanges.

None because i'm not a little bitch like you rancid faggots.

Oh, you faggot. I appreciate the pun.That made my day.
Aye, I'm completely deaf. It's unlikely for me to have the option of a cochlear implant due to age (the earlier, the better the chance for one) and speech issues (clear speaking voice etc) - but I wouldn't rule it out completely.
Been arranging a few appointments to see if I can get one.

I'm not too sure about blind or deaf thing though. I'll hate to miss lurking Holla Forums and other boards.Still you've made a good point with music.
polite sage for off-topic blogshit post

That fucking bathtube scene. Happened to playing on a stormy night when I saw it. It remains only time I've put down my controller and walked away from a game due to getting freaked out.

I never played any horror games as a child, but some Clue game for the SNES used to scare the shit out of me.

That must suck, never being able to enjoy horror games or movies

Doom 64 convinced me that a classical FPS styled game CAN be scary. All you need is a convincing atmosphere a fucked up soundtrack and some frightening sound design and your golden.

I really really want more shooters in that style.

I would think that being deaf would make it easier to get scared.

Whenever I put on headphones and turn up music so it cancels the sounds of my surroundings, I get really paranoid. Because someone could walk up behind me (has happened a few times with my mom) and tap me on the shoulder and I wouldn't be able to tell. How being deaf not make you paranoid and jumpy as fuck?

What is the spookiest game for Linux, or can at least be played via WINE?
>inb4 Gentoo installation

windows 10

Stalker and Pnumbra for sure.

I'll probably just watch an playthrough of Blood Drive

Saya no Uta
normalfags that watch the shitty "le haunted house of unexpected jumpscares" movies will never get real horror

This along with the cockroach room from SH2.

Mah nigga.

Where can I get an english version? Did they sell any English physical copies?

You have shit taste user.

nicoblog.org/nds-roms/nanashi-no-geemu-english-patched-jpn/
nicoblog.org/nds-roms/nanashi-no-geemu-me-english-patched-jpn/

Guess there's no gemmu for me, then.

I have my adblock disabled, but the links aren't showing up. What do I do?

NNG 1
mega.nz/#F!sBw3XCia!KdwZWCOt0hsuYzO3fc4G1w
NNG Me
mirrorcreator.com/files/1FDZZAM5/Nanashi_no_Geemu_Me_Eng.rar_links
Ur welcum

The first two Penumbra games, and the first Amnesia game. Because I'm a fucking pleb.

Condemned was never that scary, but I loved the tension it created.

Minecraft

Surgeon Simulator Alien Autopsy because it messes with my schizophrenia and I start hearing garbled whispers

That's about it

>mirrorcreator.com/files/1FDZZAM5/Nanashi_no_Geemu_Me_Eng.rar_links
that link is fucked

www44.zippyshare.com/v/Bj0suf7Z/file.html
Here you faggot cumdripping whore slut, benis.

That image always makes so sad ; ;

Shit was intense

Thanks, user.

thanks, captain faggot

Nobody mentioned White Day yet

Pretty spooky game. I recommend it.

That's some good spooky stuff.

watched a vid on this. I like the concept but… was that it? You basically walk along a bit, have a bit of spoookiness and that's it. I guess it's something you have to play rather than watch.

P.T. wasn't supposed to be a full game.

It was a teaser trailer that you could play, hence the name "Playable Teaser". It was just supposed to be a weird mystery game that people would have to collaborate for a few days online to solve to unlock the final "cinematic" which was a teaser for the new Silent Hill game.

That being said, it was pretty neat, and looked amazing.

Anyone else played Outlast? I hope I'm not the only one who liked the atmosphere it set up, only to be let down with all the jumpscares it threw at you within like 20 minutes. I hope P.T or the RE7 demos weren't entirely like that.

What's it like? With the remake coming out, I can't help but be interested.

In the childhood I got scared shitless by some flash screamer, horror movies made me afraid of the dark and after my mother stopped watching me play I had to drop playing fear.
Now 90% of the stuff doesn't scare me, 10% just makes me jump a lil from sudden jumpscares and alike, fuan no tane and junji ito are just a mildly entertaining read.
Monstrum was a fine game though.

afraid of monsters is always my all time fav horror game since my only experience with horror is getting stuck in silent hill 3 and 4 because i didnt understand english back then. and i'll forever love the goldsrc engine jankiness

Gold Source engine jank worked to AoM's advantage. Even playing that shit in Sven Co-op, I'd get spookered by just how creepy the enemies could be.

im always so fasinated by jump scares when i was a kid, even when they scare me shitless. i really like to know about games that has jump scares and i've been search for games that gives out jump scares to the people who pirate the game
pic related: a jump scare that made me cry because i never expected it

i really wish my friends and cousins stop being scared by horror games specially ones where its less scary when being in a group