After years of being a poorfag student only able to play old (but still good) vidya on a laptop and PS2...

After years of being a poorfag student only able to play old (but still good) vidya on a laptop and PS2, i've finally built myself a gaming PC.

I'm seeking recommendations for superb games that I may have missed out on in the last couple of decades… my build will run anything.

Some of my favourites include: HOMM3, BG2, Nox, Diablo, Mountain Blade, C&C TS, Civ 3/4, KODP, Ace Combat 4 & 5.

So far i've only bought Divinity: Original Sin. I'm pretty keen to try out Total War: Warhammer but the day one DLC makes me want to puke…

What games do you fuckers reckon I should try? I'm open to all genres..

Extra points for something where I get to fly using a joystick.

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/xnvyqm.zip
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PC
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There is barely anything worth playing, congratulations, you just wasted all that money making a useless machine, hope you like playing sjw shit indies and mass marketed AAA.

Try Fallout 4 and Doom, I'm sure you'll enjoy them both.
Don't forget to buy their respective season passes.

stalker

Dragon's Dogma is on PC, give that a look. It's an action RPG that just feels good to play.
The Last Remnant is a good game if you don't play games for story and want an ultra-autismo RPG that hides all your units' progression and punishes you for mindlessly grinding.

get medieval 2 and the warhammer mod
Has far more content and is actually a good game

As for other games
pick up Dragon's Dogma and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Second for STALKER, the only thing I'd recommend with it though is to never put it down for a long time.

Like older and longer RPGs, you will get fucking drained of any motivation to finish the game if you stop halfway for a month.

OP, you made me giddy. I love Nox.

There's no game worth playing that you need a "gaming PC" for, you're better off sticking to the classics. If you want something new, play mods, OSG(open source games), or Indy/Doujin.

If you're looking for some flying games, I'd recommend Incoming or Airfix Dogfighter.

Gaming sucks now. Use that fancy gaming rig to emulate older games.

laugh at this cuck

My fuckin niggas. I loved the fuck out of that game. I still think that staff you build is one of the coolest weapons in gaming. Nasty fuckin tentacle thing on a stick. Really enjoyed the quest to gather the pieces and put it together too. Shame Westwood closed down.

toddposting must die

There are not many good modern games that require powerful PC and for the games that are like your favorites, there are none of those, so I'll just go with general recommendations.
TW:Warhammer was fun at first, but it lacks any depth/becomes bland past early-mid game and has stupid shit like dorfs proposing anything but war with orks, well diplomacy sucks in this game. I think it's best to wait till all DLCs+patch+mods come out so the game gets actually good and get it on a sale.

As for more or less new games that other haven't recommended yet…: Steamworld Heist (nuCom meets Worms, better than 1st game, newer than 2nd, totally worth it), Underrail (solid close-to-fallout-tier RPG, unlike new fallouts) and Brigador (it feels a bit unfinished but fun and its world reminds me of Jets-n-Guns). You can also try Shadowrun games (Returns, Dragonfall, Honk Honk) if you've missed those. There are also Legend of Grimrock games. Maybe Endless Legend, Endless Space or Dungeon of the Endless too, those 3 were made by the same dev and are pretty solid.

None of those require good PC though. As for ones that does, try Witcher 3, or just go from the first one and skip if needed. Some people here hate Witcher 3 but I think it's best among modern AAA games with "cool 3d graphics" aka at least worth trying.
As usual, try before you buy it.

get a load of debbie downer over here. fuck off faggot.

Nice try Todd, but your games are awful.

Why is posting on this sight such a chore? I must've done the captcha 10+ times now

Tell me one good game on pc worth playing that was released in the past 2 years thats not a port of a console game.

Bitch, that's what i'm asking, though i'm not limiting the question to the past two years.

Yeah i figured as much from the reviews that i've read RE: TWW. Cheers for the recommendations.

I'd forgotten about that one. Looks like i'll finally experience some cheeki breeki fun.

I bet you're a treat to be around. Wanna hang out?

Fuckin' A. Buttfucking castle Galava as a Warrior and melting Dun Mir as a Wizard remain my favourite sequences. All the secret areas made my dick diamonds. Pity there's not too much replayability.

factorio

Just off the top of my head, if you like RTS you may want to try out Dawn of War 1 (2 is a different animal entirely), Sins of a Solar Empire and Company of Heroes 1.

For FPS, you may like the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. Call of Pripyat, the final installment, is generally regarded as the best. Shadow of Chernobyl was the first and is a very solid game. Clear Sky is buggy as hell but you may eventually extract some enjoyment from it. These games are pretty resource intensive, so if you want to test your sexy new rig they're a good choice.

Magicka is a pretty fun game, dunno if you've played it on your toaster already. It's meant to be played on coop, but singleplayer is totally doable. Avoid Magicka 2.

Dark Messiah was already mentioned. It's not polished and the writing is only bearable if you laugh at how shit it is, but the gameplay is quite enjoyable.

That's all I can think of when it comes to big name vidya. As always, try before you buy.

You're joking. There's a ton. I still find new secrets to this day.

Try doing quest mode while hacking the stage to lvl 999 and using a completely fresh character. Every stage is doable with wizard and conjurer and some are doable with warrior. Wizard tower is brutal but possible. To have the same map each time you play, you have to copy the content of that map into every other map file while retaining the filenames. It helps a lot to make autohotkey macros for consistent firing and spellcasting, since the game by default doesn't let you hold down the mouse button and only lets you use 5 spell slots.

my.mixtape.moe/xnvyqm.zip
Here are some default 3 chars for quest mode that have all 4 portals unlocked. It's important to get the portals so that you get the most monsters but also the best gear. When you need to restart, just copy the files back into your save directory.

It took me months, but I managed to beat every stage with at least 1 class. It's a bit repetitive and luck based but also a lot of fun.

Good taste user. Pirate temple of elemental evil and dragon's dogma, they're pretty good.

you're going to play the same old games over and over again, but with 3000 fps instead of 300

good news - rabi ribi and rocket league will probably work now and you can emulate ps2, wii and psp

The best thing about PC gaming is, you get 35 years worth of games. And that's before emulating non-PC platforms.

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PC

why is hecubah so damn cute

are you gay?

hips are so secondary

my negro

Yes, you are gay. Men attracted to women kind of like hips

PC games recommendation thread?
PC games recommendation thread.

i have a simple test for every Stalker player on this board.
Who is Strelok?

I guess this is the most beautiful woman to you

Since you like Civ: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Since you like BG2: Temple of Elemental Evil
Since you like HOMM3: Eador: Genesis (Broken World was a buggy 3D remake last I checked, bugs might be fixed by now though)

If she was white yes

you really are gay, that's ok, I don't judge and you shouldn't judge beauty of women

thats debatable

into trash it goes

No idea what to recommend to you, I'm not an RPG fan

Try out Grim Dawn, Titan's Quest and I hear torchlight is good too.

Keep an eye out for Bannerlord and Kingdom Come dilverance, there was also some early access title. Otherwise I don't know.

I think you're shit out of luck if you're looking for good recent single player TPSs. Try out Strong Hold and the rest of the C&C games if you have not already

idunno

Sky Rogue's looking pretty rad, otherwise you've got nothing besides emulation. Give Ace Combat Zero a shot, in my opinion it's the best.

If you're looking to get into total war play Rome, Medieval 2 and Shogun 2. If Empire looks kind of interesting to you Cossacks 2 is kind of similar and is pretty rad.

Here's what I can recommend:
Great first person combat. Messiah might be the best first person combat game ever made.

Alien purging goodness. I recommend against the firaxis ones but if you must play them give The Long War mod a shot, and be sure to try and look up how to mod out some of the more bullshit aspects of it and you'll have a blast.

fun Space dogfighting

No idea on the remastered games, but HW1 and 2 are great games. I hear deserts of whatever isn't too similar to either game but is fun irregardless.

Great post apocalyptic rpgs

Great FPSs. FEAR is more tacticool and is a bit hindered by the horror setting but is fucking great(you're a pussy if you play with reflex), Painkiller and Serious Sam are pretty much wave killing vidya with lots of fun weaponry and secrets, Lovely Planet is a speed runner but is a very fun one at that

Great hack n slash games. In rune you could pretty much dismember someone and then beat them to death with their own arm. Serverance is often referred to as proto dark souls but I just don't see it, but it's an amazing game regardless

four man dungeon crawlers. Grimrock is pretty rad even though I haven't played it to completion

Turn based tactics similar to x-com. Invisible Inc is more stealth based, Silent Storm is kind of hard and you need to mod out panzerkleins but is otherwise great and 7.62 high calibre is operator:the game

Stealth vidya

incredibly fast arcade car vidya.

I had a bunch of puzzle games, give me a bit to remember them

that's not even gay

really, that's not even worth responding but i'll bite…

well, bite the dust then

wasn't 4 or 5 better?

Dumbed down

this is beyond sad… I't would be more belivable if you would golden ratio as argument …

thats if you want to have kids

fuck that

Faggot, that's sociology.