Job application, 2016 olympics

I was applying for a job in the 2016 Olympics. This was taken from a reading comprehension question,

"Computer games and game consoles have been popular for decades now and many households have at least one. However it can be seen that playing these games causes social, educational and personal problems of several kinds both to youngsters and society.

Firstly, youngsters who spend a great deal of time in front of a monitor are not studying, playing sport, socializing or learning about life, which are skills needed in order to interact with others and succeed in the real world.

Secondly, studies have shown that the new generation of young males is actually physically growing less than previous generations due to lack of exercise. In addition to this they are more likely to be overweight and less healthy and therefore prone to diseases such as diabetes.

Furthermore, the games themselves are often quite violent and dangerously sexist. For example, there are games which show graphic fighting scenes where the most brutal is most applauded. Women are shown as either sexy, but weak or as some kind of warrior type character.

Violence against women is often part of these games, which encourages negative opinions of women. The language tends to be violent and sexist which further adds to the problems of lack of interaction and social skills.

It is easy to imagine the effects of such games on young minds. If we wish children to grow up to become well-adjusted members of society, these games should be more tightly controlled."

Other urls found in this thread:

olympic.org/news/ioc-becomes-un-observer
un.org/millenniumgoals/gender.shtml
store.steampowered.com/stats/content/
jobmonkey.com/sports/events_venues_jobs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go ahead and complain about it. I bet you'll be gainfully employed.

Those people do not understand the word fun, trust me. You can always balance vidya with life and fitness.

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

Awaken deez

Nigga I'm from Brazil and I am telling every single one of my online friends to stay the fuck away from CURRENT YEAR's olympics what are you doing nigger.

What's with shit tier countries hosting international events lately? Qatar get to host the world cup and Brazil the Olympics.

I shame my family name, have no idea how that got into my meme folder.

Take a screenshot of your post. A month or two from now, when Congress starts voting on legislation with identical language, post the screenshot in the thread we'll have on it.

I just want to check in the olympics' shekels and leave.

There's nothing of interest for me in the events.

Our economy is fucking busted because we elected our first president woman and she fucked shit up entirely. We have the fucking Zika virus that we still have no fucking clue how it works. Everything in our planning and building stages is fucked up. We are in the midst of a political revolution, and the fucking reading comprehension exam you just showed us is fucking SJW material.

How many more warning signs do you need until you learn to stay the fuck away from Brazil right now?

I need money to leave.

Hence, to have money, I need to work.

Simple economics. I have to play with those fuckers. Yes, I'm aware of all the BS.

What was the objective here? Were you meant to parse this paragraph and come up with counter arguments? Were you meant to answer context specific questions about the possible intentions of the author?

This shit seems like it was written as an opinion piece by someone who is staunchly anti-video games. A religious extremist? I don't know, but I feel the need to break this bullshit down:
Immediately, there is no source given to prove that social, physical, and emotional problems arise as a result of playing video games. Are we meant to take the author's word for it? If you make a claim, you need to back it up with evidence; usually in the form of a series of well presented and unanimously agreed upon scientific publications that not only establish an understanding of the effects of the study, but also can provide a demonstration or definitive proof of the outcome.
What defines "a great deal of time"? An hour a day? Four hours a day? Everyone's going to have their own interpretation on what constitutes over consumption, and unless you can provide evidence that definitively proves that X amount of time will result in Y outcome, then you're merely making extrapolations. One could also take contention with the alternative activities that are presented and implied to be more worthwhile; studying is only to a benefit if such skills being learned are practical and can be applied in order to derive some outcome. Studying by itself isn't worthy of praise or merit. In that regard, a person could spend the majority of their time studying, but fail to apply what they've learned and create anything meaningful. Would this mean that they'd have better spent their time elsewhere? Socializing and sports can be approached in a similar manner. Participating in these things for their own sake does not make you a more well rounded, wholesome, and morally righteous individual than someone who would rather bury their face in a book. The author holds a hierarchy in their mind, and video games is low on the list of important things. That's fine, but it does not mean that their hierarchy is an ultimate and unwavering bastion of morality, and it certainly should not be used as a metric by which others ought to measure their own worth.
Which studies? Cite your sources or fuck off. For the sake of argument, even if what is written here is true, this still does not take into consideration that it is possible for the average person to create a schedule that will allow them to both exercise and indulge in personal hobbies, and that includes playing video games.
Again with your bullshit claims. It's fine if you personally believe the shit coming out your brain, but if you would like to convince other people, you need to provide evidence. This entire diatribe is merely a series of statements that you may hold dear but that are not necessarily grounded in reality. Citations or fuck off. Even if the subject matter of video games, along with most media, could be considered avant garde or morally questionable by some, this does not mean that there will be any lasting, negative repercussions for society at large whatsoever. You can't just say shit as thought it's fact and expect people to believe you on the basis of, "because I said so" or "because God has willed it".
No. You've done a poor job making your case, fuck you.

nice blog

Half of my English skills are from video games, the other half are from books. Whoever wrote that can go sit on a rusted pike.

Git gud

I simply copypasted the content of the text. Out of this text, I was supposed to answer questions.

It is highly possible some HR SJW beast wrote this.

Thanks for saving this thread.

Also, AWAKEN MY MASTERS!

They pay the bodies that govern the sports shitloads of money to host the events.

It's the same reason Formula 1 is going to literally who countries like Azerbaijan. It's all about money.

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

But seriously, it IS the UN. This isn't surprising at all. Remember when the council of women or whatever published a (badly written) report by Anita and Zoe? They have a ton of bizarre feminist hangups to go with their underage prostitution racket.

Olypics have always been good goys.

But I agreed until the misogyny & violence.

I'm guessing they're clasping at straws to "get the chillen to exersize"- even though Coca-Cola and McDonalds sponser them every time.

Still, surprised an usher/helper has to take a test.

It was an application for dignatary positions, not voluntary. They're pushing SJW bullshit this early. I have no official link to them. This is simply something they sent me for a test, which would further involve a personal interview.

The Olympics only continues to exist to promote globalism and cultural marxism. This post only exists to get dubs.

I know you copy pasted the text verbatim. I'm asking you what they expected you to do. You say it's a reading comprehension question. So, they wanted you to read this and then write out a brief summary of what you read? Or something else?

Disregard this, I went back and read the post again a second time and you say that you were meant to answer questions. I understand now.

Ive hated women long before I started playing videogames.

Because clearly video games are the true problem here. Ignore countries getting involved in roiding scandals and never being punished, obvious bribery to push the Olympics into shit-tier countries that can't even supply proper infrastructure, coaches training children to the point of physical abuse, and hosts making net losses for hosting the games in their cities every single time.

You can't possibly be that stupid, right?

Do you have a source other than your word?
I refuse to believe that this is an actual topic of discussion in a job interview, unless you're applying for EA or Bioware or something.

There can't be a source, if there was, it would tell the complete opposite because most videogames are played online with/against other people, and they help develop reflexes and hand-eye coordination, the educational part could be a bit harder to justify, but there's historically accurate videogames out there (until they start banning them to promote a more diverse and inclusive version of history, or Ourstory, since "His" would be sexist) and pretty much anyone who didn't speak english in here, learned it through videogames first and school second.

This isn't even caused by videogames.
There has been cases of schools having to resort to hand exercises because most of their kids weren't used to drawing with crayons, but left with an iPad in their hands from their parents. This form of neglect of course will lead to no muscle development.
Then again, anyone who gives a fuck or whose parents enroll in any sort of phisical activity, will probably have no such problems, even if he plays videogames.

It's pixels. Videogame violence is not perceived as real violence by anyone with more than a couple neurons.
It's still pixels. Also, girls like to cosplay as slutty characters because they get showered with attention, you wouldn't want to slut shame those girls now, would you? That'd be sexist!
Equality.
what the fuck?
Fuck this.

As in "Based of the 100% real and researched data previously mentioned, what are the effects of videogames on womyn?".

I can't believe this.

this, women are a parasite on society and should not be trusted with anything, webm related cancer.

It was not a topic. It was a predetermined text I was made to read and then answer related questions on the context. You don't have to believe me; anyone who took the same test from the same company can confirm my word.

No. It was more subtle. The questions were casually related, like ticking the correct affirmation:

"According to the text:

* There is a link between games and woman violence

* Gamers are violent and sexist

* Studies say males are becoming more violent because of games

* Games should be more controlled for the well-being of children

olympic.org/news/ioc-becomes-un-observer
un.org/millenniumgoals/gender.shtml

Nigger, if you don't think the Olympics is pozzed af by the UN, you need to euthanize yourself so that we can meet the population reduction goals stipulated by our betters :^)

Don't forget, anons….
This 'reading comprehension' test is probably referring to 'gamers' as anyone with an iTunes account. It's also BRBRBR territory, which means that they watch annoying fuckwit cholos stream pirated games on youtube.

Absolute nigger tier South Americans have fedoras too

fat is not less, it is more

if you want exercise, ban bikes and cars you fukken dweeb politicians

You do realize Brazil is the biggest population with western values in the third-world regarding gaming, right? It's barely as many poeple as fucking Canada.

store.steampowered.com/stats/content/

That doesn't make them a part of the UN.

said no one ever, fucking hate this sort of person.

Alright, here's your "argument victory." Show it to your mother and get 3 GBP, redeemable for 1 cum rag washing or 3 tendies.

Every day writing characters as gray genderless blobs sounds better and better.

Get rekt kid.

how does one get a job at "the olympics" and what duties does that entice?

Food stands? Souvenirs? Janitor? Towel boy? Probably any job you could get at a stadium I'd imagine.

jobmonkey.com/sports/events_venues_jobs/

So what was the question?

yeah, surely the people who are most critical of the new ghostbusters movie aren't displeased because it's going to be a dead on arrival aborted bastard fetus reboot that completely misses and shits on everything that made the originals great.
No, it's because they hate women. Clearly.
This is a fucking grrlpower propaganda piece cash-in. The funny part is that the originals will still do a better job of showing grrlpower because their secretary was the one holding their shitshow together while the guys were bumbling dolts with big flashy toys.

I can't wait to see those type of questions pop up for Japan's 2020 olympics!

You should try claiming yourself as a refugee. See if that works. Do it before others try it.

If I do that, how am I any better than a paki childfucker in a boat en route to UK?

Take advantage of it now before its too late.

You're not fucking children? And by your using of imageboard software we can at least assume you're literate and a virgin so you're pretty low risk as far as refugees go.

Which is exactly why you wouldn't make a good refugee, the people bringing in more refugees want dumb, aggressive rapists.

Didn't one of the leaked Sony e-mails show that they pretty much threatened them with legal action if they didn't appear in the film?

Because you arent…are you?

Seriously get in the system and get the fuck out.

You will be MASSIVELY better if you contribute to society and dont act like a faggot. You INTEGRATE not claim that everyone else has to pander to your culture. You learn the language, you follow the culture rules and you be productive. Thats it.

The difference is that you….arent fucking children, killing people or spreading shit religions and not contributing.

Are you a BR?

Read the thread nigger.

AWAKEN MY MASTERS!

True, but due to addiction, not vidya itself.
Maybe more countries should enforce legal limitations on how overweight you can be before you're federally fined, like grorious nippon. Also, this is easily fixed by a healthy culture of ridicule and shame against fat fucks.
Nnnnnnnnnope.

Bill Murray was going to be sued, not sure about the other two.

Didn't the ghostbusters cartoon have female ghostbusters? And I thought people liked that. Whatever the case, ghostbusters was only good because the cast had good chemistry. The new cast is a bunch of literally whos with no real comedic qualities

Are you referring to The Real Ghostbusters? (Ironic title name)

Not leaving the house for an hour to exercise.

It's not that time-consuming.

Extreme Ghostbusters did. They also had a cripple.

She was just a secretary and also the female voice for the Master in Fallout.

BUT IT WAS THE 90's BRUH, HE WAS AN EXTREME CRIPPLE!
It wasn't a bad show, but maybe that's just my nostalgia talking.