NEW Vita Thread

"Naked Apron" Edition

WHATCHA:

And most importantly, are you still having fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Imsb2
archive.is/D7WI3
wololo.net/2016/06/17/convert-videos-viewing-vita/
archive.is/HuonM
archive.is/t4g2o
blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/24/flash-sale-now-up-to-80-on-bingeworthy-games/
wololo.net/2016/03/14/ps-vita-psone-loader-released-by-theflow/)
wololo.net/2016/05/18/official-cobra-black-fin-real-back/
store.playstation.com/#!/adventures-of-mana/cid=EP0082-PCSB00975_00-ADVENTURESOFMANA
nichegamer.com/2016/06/28/final-fantasy-adventure-remake-now-available-ps-vita-west/
blog.disqus.com/most-popular-gaming-website-niche-gamer?utm_campaign=793b807c-3cac-11e6-823a-002590f382fe&utm_content=btn&utm_source=note
archive.is/XoYM6
blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/28/mid-year-sale-week-1-up-to-80-off-100-titles/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Benis

WHATCHA:

SAO Lost Song, GoW Collection

GalGun DP, MeiQ, Zero Time Dilemma, Shantae

GoW 1 and slowly progressing through Lost Song

Ordered Ultra Despair Girls yesterday, it'll be here tomorrow. Also pre-ordered Shantae if you have Amazon Prime, Shantae is only $26USD after tax

> fun?
Sure am. SAO LS is fun to play in bursts, and I've been enjoying God of War, though Normal mode is easier than I expected…

Is there any fightan on Vita with decent single player content?
I played Blazblue on Vita before and the clicky d-pad is the best thing ever for inputs, every controller should have it.

Digimon Cyber Sluts, Deemo The Last Recital and Dungeon Travelers 2.
Dangit RonPaul V3, Refrain, Caligula, 7 Pirates, Ys 8, Uppers, Valkyrie Drive, Bullet Girls 2, Demon Gaze and Mary Skelter.
Nothing
Digimon and Deemo.

I only have BB CS and CPE on my Vita for fighting games, so I can't speak too much from personal experience.

I've heard though that Arcana Heart 3 Love Max and Dengeki Bunko are both pretty fun. I know DB has a lot of references to other characters/voice actors/etc a lot, I don't know about story though. And I think AH3LM has a story mode someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do know that the fighting mechanics can be pretty deep and challenging.

If nothing else, there's always Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Street Fighter x Tekken as well though.

I have CPE on PC and no desire to repurchase it as a consequence. Might give Arcana Heart a look, although a lack of proper things to do on my own might bring it down if you're wrong about the story mode.
I'm always up for a game of Mahvel, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't got much single player content of note? Unless the Vita version is different.
How are the Netherrealm games on Vita? They have pretty decent single player modes, right? Challenge towers, story modes etc.

Like I said, I'm not the biggest fighting game fan to begin with, since I'm terrible at them. I love BB & GG though.

UMvC3, each character has their own personal story/arcade mode, and are usually a bit silly. Beyond that though, I don't know I played the 360 version, I wouldn't think the Vita version would be any different. Again, I'm not the best authority for fightan games on Vita, there are other anons who can definitely provide better answers than I can

Yeah, the Mortal Kombat on Vita is essentially the Ultimate edition of the game, since it has all the DLC characters and such with it, and even Kratos, who was a PS3-exclusive character. I know it still has the challenge tower stuff, and two extra modes with that as well. One is supposed to be a Fruit Ninja sorta thing while the other is Test Your Balance, where you use the gyroscope. The Vita version also makes use of the touchscreen for fatalities and the like. I don't know whether or not that can ignored/turned off though. From what I've read, it runs at 60FPS most of the time, with a few slowdowns that seem to be few and far between this is just what I've read up on about the game in articles/reviews and such, I haven't played it myself to confirm these things, so take this all with a grain of salt

Well Australia just banned MeiQ

archive.is/Imsb2

Basically heard a few days ago, but yeah this is just stupid of Aus. I feel for the anons that are there.
Granted, I was a bit on the fence about getting the game, now I kind of want to make sure I pick it up incase some issue in the usa happens with it.

Also, what the hell kind of site is this? These other articles at the bottom are absurd.

Yeah it was a random site that I found when I Googled it. It was the first non Polygon source that I saw. I'll find a better source when I'm not on my phone

archive.is/D7WI3

Here we go, from IF themselves.

Looks like this notice may have been around a while, but Preorders for Criminal Girls 2 went up so I noticed this:
archive.is/0WBj3

This just comes off as really cocky to me. Sounds like they are saying there is a still a fan base for the game and they are being real good guys for bringing it over, even if they have to censor it for no reason.

a friend of mine is seriously arguing that NISA said they would get an AO rating if they didn't censor it so it is good they did

I don't get how NISA has such rabid fans even when they know about all the fuckery that happens to their games

From a business perspective yes, but as a translator and a consumer I find it an unforgivable action, and would hope more fans would rally against such actions.

Damn

They're titles of video games. You know, those things you bought a Vita for?

Needs SRW V

Along these lines, anyone have the pic showing off what sort of lewd images and such still got a T rating in games? I just spent the last hour searching my pictures folder for it and could not find it. Just to prove to my friend he is wrong.

I have this old one it doesn't have the Ao Nosurge examples.

Also from Demon Gaze.

Goddamnit. At least I have the game now though.

The witch and the hundred knight on PS3 might not be censored BUT IT'S BROKEN.

IT
WILL
FUCKING
CRASH
YOUR
PS3

People had to wait until the PS4 re-release to have a non broken western version of that game.

Didn't they also have to censor Metalika's name because of some band?

OK, not a band then, I just know it was some celebrity shit like with the changes the foreign versions of JoJo get.

Maybe I should have finished writing before posting.
Here was what I intended to say:

So it IS a band then. I figured it was music-related, since one of the stands from Vento Aureo had the same name, but every so often he does non-music related names too, so never can be too sure.

It is a band, I'm just pretty surprised that there's someone who doesn't know who they are considering how long they've been going and how well known they seem to be.
I suppose if you're not into that kind of music though then it's understandable

Pretty much yeah, the extent of my metal knowledge is Metalocalypse, Detroit Metal City, and if it counts (I'm honestly not sure) the soundtrack to Metal Gear Revengeance.

Found another one like that. Fuck it, might as well add Ar Nosurge to it (along with some other possible games that also fit the bill that aren't on there yet if people want to see something added).

Brexit's just won, I am now a free man.
What can I play to celebrate?

Wow, seriously? Was expecting the EU or other people out their to have fucked with or rigged it against leaving.

Hope things do indeed turn out well for you guys and that it sets a precedent for other countries to leave.

Also, can someone that's played Guilty Gear Xrd confirm if the screencaps for it in the existing image are in the proper order? I'd like to think they are, but the Japanese text on right side of them is throwing me off a bit.

Yeah it's in the right order. The Japanese text is just there to know if you're recording with the dummy or not

Did he just say "how progressive?"

I feel both pity and nausea for Australians.
Pity because they're firmly in the grip of a totalitarian nanny state. Nausea because they refuse to rise up and kill them all and take back their government.

Because of stuff like this I'm happy as fuck for living in a third world shithole.
At least nanny state doesn't take away my games (it just makes stores label the ESRB classification larger on the box)

Alright, thanks.

Also wondering if maybe it would be best to stick with current examples, the way the current image does, or include some a few older ones to show that stuff slipping past the ESRB with a T-rating despite lewdness/not exactly being what would come to mind as "for teens" is nothing new (not that I'm complaining when it does; I find it hilarious).

Seems like a weird time for this, but here's a new tutorial on how to get videos on your vita in it's native resolution.
(Long story short use handbrake)
wololo.net/2016/06/17/convert-videos-viewing-vita/

Apparently it's happening already

I just used the iPad preset. Great thing about handbrake is that it can render and burn-in subs as well.
unless you're a filthy dub-only faggot
blum was a shit spike spiegel

i would like to sniff master's undergarments.

Speaking of Demon Gaze, still working on putting together a better version of . Anyone have this particular screen with the text in English? Just figure that where possible it might be best to use those, since moonspeak screenshots might leave people wondering if the game in question did come out in English (if they haven't heard of it yet) or whether the scene was still in the western version.

Could also maybe use some bigger images of some of the screenshots in (in regards to DG and Witch and the Hundred Knight anyhow).

That reminds me, they "improved" the PS4s media player recently, don't know what exactly they improved on it though. Last time I used it to tried to watch a downloaded animu it told me to fuck off. Might give it another try to see if it plays it now.

damn i didnt realize you could put movies on a vita, I kinda want one now especially if I can throw evangelion on there

This is probably the second biggest reason I still don't have a PS4. I have no need for a system that lacks the media functionality found in most smartphones on top of Bloodborne being the only game in ts library it doesn't share with at least two other systems I already own.

The PS3 has (or had depending on if the PS4 media player is now fixed) better media player functions and it's what, 10 years old? Almost 10 years old?
It's absurd m8, they fucked up on so many things with PS4 and I can fucking guarantee you that expanded media options will be a shilling point for Neo

I think that's an optional side thing, since I'm at the very end of the game and don't remember it.

It's probably a really underutilized for how great things look. I watched 5cms per second on my OLED and it looked so good. Every Vita should come with something like that on it.

(You can listen to MP3s while you play games in case you care about that feature. I only really used it for NFS:Most Wanted, since it was the only game that I really wanted the music replaced)

It is total fucking bullshit, but at least they slowly started adding features it was missing. I still doubt that it will ever even be able to play an audio CD, but not even being able to play an mp3 or mp4 when it shipped was ridiculous.
If you want to watch anime on it I'd go with deadfish releases. MKVs seem hit or miss, but hardsubbed 'sshould work fine.

FLASH SALE

I feel disgusting.

Fuck this. Why is the DLC not going on sale? That's all I want.

It's like how the grocery store makes sure not to put bread or jelly on sale if peanut butter is.

Maybe email or ask Aksys on twitter if they've considered included the DLC in a sale anytime soon? Seems like they used to mark it down every so often, but it hasn't gotten into any recently.

They've had both marked down at the same time before. But yeah, at this point I kind of wonder if they see more profit on Muramasa at this point from the DLC than the base game, given that you can buy the base game as a preowned physical copy, and probably a bit cheaper than that $25 they usually ask on the PSN.

FUCK.

fug. At least i'm saving some memory r-right?

This is on sale on the PSN

Anybody have this? how well does it translate to the Vita?

Game is like 500MB. Vanillaware cheats for making such gorgeous games with that data usage.

I'd advise against purchasing SSD. The combat is an absolute bore compared to any other hunting game out there. There is simply no weight to anything, even when you're using a large sword. The lore is somewhat appealing, but the game presents it in a very dull manner.

That's, like, your opinion man. I absolutely loved SSD and I've played pretty much every "hunting" game out there.

This so much. It's a real shame because he's not a bad actor, but whoever directed him for Bebop was god-awful. Worse, it became so popular that he got stuck doing that same voice for practically every role ever after.

I'm sure the DLC was on sale once on the UK/EU store. Only once though that I can remember.

thread is dead
just like the EU ****

fuck me.

At least you had quads and the thread is probably dead because everyone's playing either Refrain or Caligula considering they both came out two days ago

I doubt that's what most people are doing. Most posters in these threads aren't Japanese.

I'm playing Zero Time Dilemma right now, and the last couple of days I played through both 999 and Virtue's Last Reward. That's what's been keeping me busy.

Shhh, don't ruin his delusional fantasy.

At least there's a lot of posters here that import, so it's not like he's always just talking to air.

It's not like you're living in an era where importing is difficult, and the Vita is region free to begin with.

Might want to read the post above you.

I think, deep down, he knows that most people here don't speak Japanese and aren't importing games frequently.

The only reason he comes here to "discuss" these games almost no one here is playing at the moment, as opposed to going to a Japanese language message board where people actually are playing them, is to gloat to other people about how cool he is because he knows Japanese. He's simply after validation.

I'm lurking, mainly due to me watching people on facebook
sperg out over the EU referendum.
You know some retard actually started a petition on the government website for a second referendum. I've been gaming long enough to see poor losers but these people really take the fucking cake.

Hadn't shown up when I posted, yeah.

Yeah, no, that's bullshit.

Are you guys gonna pick up that Super Robot Wars game, since their actually releasing them in English?
I would absolutely love a game like that based around the anime I like, unfortunately I'm not a big mecha fan though. I normally like things where the mechs are secondary (Robotic:Notes, Code Geass, Gargantia and shit like that), so I'm not sure how much enjoyment I'd get out of it.

Okay for actual discussion:

Melvy for MP, El for SG, Fiora WT, Irena WT/EN, give me your thoughts.

Irena WT/BS*

Fuck Sony kikes
Every other video game company at least has the decency to hold their sales worldwide at the same time

So, PSN sales are out and there's a bunch of good Vita options and I can't really pick one. What are your recs, Holla Forums?

Forgot to add: pull Muramasa and Zero Escape from the list. Fuck Aksys. Never gonna give them money again.

Whats wrong with Aksys?

they have a habit of blocking anyone who doesn't suck their asses and eat the dingleberry on social media. If you so much as say they could improve their translations they block you. Worst thing is that it seems it has a couple of SJWs in there (one Benspants guy and the guy that admins social media, who happens to be the translator-in-chief).

I might pick up Xcom since I was just saying that I wanted to try it and I figure even if it's shit it's only $8. I think War of the Lions and Legend of Mana and stuff like that are on sale too.

Most PR people are giant faggots. I'm just happy they release Vita games physically at reasonable prices.

She's an idiot in the story and is known for it, and that VN has no line that could have been translated better. Fuck them.

What Ben faggot? That guy that said I love changing problem content or whatever?

That one.

I'm actually playing Ultra Despair Girls, it just came in. Speaking of UDG, are there Jap voices at all? These english voices are fucking abysmal holy fuck Nagito's voice is the worst

Definitely gonna pick up SRW OG Moon Dwellers and SRW V as well. I've never played an SRW game before, but they looks pretty bad ass.

Literally who? First I've ever heard of the guy

Steins Gate 11.99
VLR 7.49

Yeah, they're available as free DLC on the PSN store.

Ah okay. That kinda bites, but at least I'm not totally stuck with the english voices. These kids voices are grating. ESPECIALLY Monaca. I just hope it isn't a big-ass file download. I don't have much more room to spare. Thanks for telling me though, I didn't even consider that it could be that.

I like how the "Demon Hunting" logo kind of looks like Monster Hunter's logo though.

Some translator that posted the best part of his job was being able to change things he deemed problematic. He no longer works there, but nobody seems to know if it's related to that tweet or not. Companies normally draw the line when you purposely stir up shit.

well, if he got the boot then I'm not really worried about it. People ought to be interviewed about shit like the before they're hired on to translate/localize games. Obviously though, some companies revel in it, like NISA, unless they have the company keeping a close eye on them, like Spike Chunsoft does for the Danganronpa games.

thank god that's been stopping me from playing too

A pain in the ass unless you're close to or past endgame. Such a pain that it doesn't matter what magic user you utilize for the class. They're speed demonic power cannons down the road, though, if properly tooled. Melvy, Manaka, and El are good short fits as the first two have a natural low TP cost and the second can fast cast naturally. Flora & Nanako I believe are the standard due to their ignore damage Unique.

Irene is the better choice for me, personally. The build (Priestess route) basically went and made Flora (Bishop) worthless almost immediately save for her Ressurect and better shields (Moon Curtain > Sun Viel, due to Elemental being far more important for blocking). Sage spells aren't big TP or chant time eaters, either, so that on top of her Unique makes her a beast of a sage.

Objectively, Lu walks over every other potential Witch. Random doublecast is still a good thing, especially if it happens often for you. Your plan is good, defensively-speaking. Remember to boost her INT attributes and you're golden.

Sage. Enchantress is kinda worthless on its own and also a heavy SP sink. That is, you have to back it up with decent levels in your Magic User spell list. Much like Etoile, Diva, and katana-based Kunoichi, Enchantress can be good, but you have to put in the work for it. I can tell you there's still a lot of vulnerabilities late game, so things like Sleep/Freeze/Silence/etc still have a home if you incorporate those into your days crowd busting. Especially Nosferatu. Fucking Nosferatu.

Should I still get Rayman Origins if I already have Legends?

I didn't think they really did a bad job or anything. I mean it sounded up to par with a typical dub for anime and there's definite much much worse sounding games, but I was really pissed to find out that dual audio wasn't on the cart. I didn't have the internet at the time, so I was stuck playing the whole damn thing in English.. Komaru was probably my favorite in English. English Toko is annoying as fuck.

I find it weird that Moon Dwellers price is $8 lower than V on play-asia. I figured both would be comparable to Japan's prices, but Moon Dwellers is only $60 I think.

I think most companies really don't give a fuck about your personal beliefs as long as you follow the rules and do your job well, which really is the way it should be. It's just the problem that these people can't seem to keep their personal beliefs and work separate and aren't afraid to hurt their employer over petty shit like that. I think most big companies do have little tests to make sure you're a rational human being, but most people probably just lie anyway.

What classes would you recommend for Monica and Souffle? I can't seem to put together a build for them that doesn't feel incredibly underwhelming, so I've been just not using them (vicious cycle, I know).

Additionally, should I buy the ToHeart2 character pack or wait till I finish the story?

oh damn, I didn't have hardly any room left on my Vita card. I just deleted the PSP games I haven't been playing anyway, Brandish and Fate/Extra aside. My memory card is definitely jam-packed now with this Japanese voice-over download though, this download is nearly 2 fucking GB too.

Which are usually pretty shitty. FMA Brotherhood had really good dub though

Is it? I hadn't realized it was that much cheaper. I'll have to pre-order it when I can

Yeah, it'd be one thing if they could keep their personal shit out of their work, but these "muh soggy knee" types never do keep it separate. They shlep it all together and fuck shit up for everybody.

V is $68 on Vita and MD is $60 on PS4 I believe, so maybe V is just considered a more premium game or it will have it priced raised later or something, I dunno.
That reminds me though, I find it weird how reviewers here will directly compare the Vita and PS4 version of games. Say they'll give the PS4 version of a game an 8, but the Vita version a 7 and say it doesn't look as nice or has longer load times or something. It seems like they never take into account that the games are usually $20 cheaper on Vita or compare what the Vita version does when compared to other handheld games. Apparently, it's supposed to perform just as well as a full blown console (that was made years later), plus doesn't get a break for budget. It just seems fucked up.

I should add I have no idea if that's the case with that game. It's just the first thing I saw.

Scouts are a tossup. I haven't put a lot of work into them to make any one person in the Scout tree shine. To be clear, it's a support class through & through, so building around certain battle plans is always recommended.

Ex: Treasure Hunter with a knife skill is a weak pick at first glance. But then you have things like Weak Stab in the Scout tree, which is an 100% crit attack. Add the Murder passive in the Assassin tree, which means you will always get a chance to instakill. Then you come to the Treasure Hunter skill Pursuit Stab, which punishes with the more negative buffs a target has on it. Which is free damage if you have maxed out a Berserker's Dark Aura counter reasonably leveled or maxed out. Just with that small bit, sprinkle something like Item improvement or Fleet Foot and you have a good secondary damage unit.

Sniper is going to be your big damage dealer for the Scout tree. There are some bosses that balk at a sniper (both the royal fruits did this to me), but you'd be shocked how often they consistently blast at bosses and crowds alike (again, she was the only one scoring big dmg over even my Joker against the royal fruits. Go fig). Not to mention both Gravity and Freeze shot are pretty good in a fight.

I prefer Monica as a sniper: her unique with a long-range debuff weapon (Freeze, Silence, Death, Sleep) gives good damage and potential breathing space. It can also work in tandem w/Sniper's warning shot ability since neither conflicts with the other. They don't activate in succession, but more chances to stop or drop an enemy's always good.

Souffle I haven't have a lot of work in. Treasure Hunter is where I left her at after reworking her as an archer instead of assassin for access to Freeze Shot. She doesn't deal hard damage this way, or even the potential big numbers via Pursuit Stab, but she has various ways to slow/stop really lethal shit being thrown at you. Doubly so, since her Unique auto-crits against active spell casters and doll users. That's handy to use with Chain Spike. Treasure Hunters can also breathe some life into recovery items you may have in bulk.

The DLC characters I'm finding you get for two reasons: The novelty, and the Double Exp card which takes a load off your shoulders for grinding. You can get through the whole game & postgame without the TH2 crew and not lose anything major. None of their Uniques are game-changing, and stats all grow the same per class, no matter who is in that class. so stat-wise, absolutely everyone is the same and no one shines over anyone else, unless those characters have been given Crown status.

Did Vic Mignogna still do Ed's voice in that? I ran a convention a few years back and got to meet him and drive him around, seemed kinda cool 1 on 1, but I heard stories about some weird crap he had done at cons before

Uugh, Zero Time Dilemma seems so good and I need to play it before I get spoiled at an upcoming convention. But I really want to plat Odin Sphere first. Not sure I really want to speed run through the last three stories this weekend.

I can get an original vita for 119 maple dollars. should I get it? do you need a memory card for it? because even the basic 4gb one are like 20$ and I simply cannot pay 5$ a gigabyte, my customer mindset simply doesn't allow me to do that.

I mostly want to use it to stream ps4 games from the comfort of my bed, I'll maybe get some actual vita games down the line, mostly physical, unless good sale.

A bit of bad news though…
1) It's a 1.8 GB download
2) You can only change voice language on a new game OR on a chapter select, and unlike DR1 and SDR2 which have chapter select from the onset, you have to beat UDG to unlock it first.

Also, to change voice language you must hit triangle when selecting a difficulty (it's kinda hard to notice in the cluttered menu BG).

Holy shit is there really that much dialogue? How big are the Vita cartridge sizes anyways?

Smallest Vita cart is 2GB. (assuming this because the limited run of Retro City Rampage, a 25 MB game, comes in a 2GB card).
Largest is 8GB as far as I know, but devs try to avoid that size because it'd mean huge filesizes for digital releases.
The DLC also includes cutscenes which are prerendered videos, so that contributes to the inflation of the filesize.

THIS FUCKING SALE SUCKS SHIT WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY 50% ATELIER SALES YOU KIKES LET ME COMPLETE MY FUCKING COLLECTION ALREADY

Apparently, Sony claimed they could make 8gb games but never even did. I guarantee at least things like BlazBlue CP/CPE and other Japanese games would've used them. Sony's own garbage like Borderlands 2 sure could've used them too.

Not sure what English has to do with anything, but SRW is always an absolute must-have, especially one with Might Gaine of all things in.

Unsurprisingly, a very high percentage of people will not buy a game that has a large emphasis on story and character interactions unless it's offered in their native language.

Ben Bateman, some guy that used to work at Aksys and felt the best part of localization was fixing things he found "icky."

The Arland games have generally only gone on sale once or twice a year (here in the US anyhow; I've heard on the PAL PSN they go on sale somewhat more frequently), and I'm honestly not sure if they've marked them down this year since they've created that three-for-the-price-of-two bundle of them for $80.

If it's an original model one, it won't have any internal memory to my knowledge (and even with the 2000 model, it's just 1 GB internal memory, and doesn't stack with an inserted memory card either) unless the previous owner or store accidentally left the card in. And yeah, memory cards in general are an issue, considering the price-to-space ratio isn't exactly in your favor. Still, I've seen the 16gb cards get marked down to half price ($20) every so often. Part of why when I was working on getting mine I planned ahead a bit (got the memory card first when it was on sale, and then the system and a game for it a bit later).

Because they're versions of the same game.
They're not judging the price, they're judging the game.
Is the game out on other handhelds?

Well, perhaps not, but if it performs poorly as a result of being a handheld port, then it will be criticized for that. If the PS4 version performs better, it will get a better score, period.

The Arland trilogy already went on sale this year (like a $40 markdown). It likely won't be going on sale again this year unless it's Christmas season.

Is dungeon travelers 2 any good?

There is a large chunk of weeb gamers that will happy take any level of abuse from a publisher if they keep bringing over games. Someone asked me if I was getting the God Eater games, and I said I'm passing because the blood got cut in one of the games. Dude lost his shit and said people "have" to buy the game so more stuff will come over. He doesn't seem to understand I'd rather not play it at all if the game gets altered in the localization process for stupid reasons. I couldn't give a single fuck if Scamco didn't want to sell me any more butchered localizations and censored games. There are too many good games out there to settle for trash for the sake of it.

This sucks for Australians, but this is how you get a game over to the west. Instead of cutting the game for every special snowflake police state, you move on and sell the full game wherever you can.

Half of the time it's actually a Vita game ported to the PS4. Of course it will run games better. If Bravely Default came to PS4 and the only difference was shorter load times and a higher resolution it should be rated higher? I would say that's the very least you should expect. One could argue that it should actually score lower for failing to achieve a large difference than a significantly less powerful system. You don't see console versions of games score lower than their PC ports that have better framerates or graphics. It's just something to be expected. Shouldn't things like Dragon Quest VIII or Tales of Abyss on 3DS be rated significantly lower than their original counterparts for failing to even match the performance of 15 year old games?

Yes

Did DQ8 3DS actually perform worse than the PS2 version? I haven't played much of it so far but it seemed to run just as fine as the PS2 version from what I recall.

Persona 4 G
I don't even like Persona and even as a newcomer to the genre I can see it's flaws, and yet it's very addicting and fun. Maybe it'll be a good entry point to better games.
Odin Sphere Lefthauser and Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Loli Curry Chiefs
REmake again as Chris
Muramasa Rebirth
ARPGs are my jam, I can't seem to get enough of them lately.

This game will be dogshit no matter what platform it's on since it's a reboot of an old strategy game built with consoles in mind. Endless war mod doesn't help either, at least not for me.

I don't know what you were trying to say here, but this is an English board, most people speak that and not Nip. At least have some self-awareness.
If I misread this, I apologize

Very.

I haven't played it yet either, but from what I've seen it definitely doesn't look as nice. It sort of has that same turn down the detail, crank the color look as Abyss has. It didn't bother me so much at first with Abyss, but I only began noticing it more and more and it really is lacking.

I'm not saying people here don't speak English. What I'm saying is that anyone as devoted to vidya as the average Holla Forumsirgin is at least somewhere along the path of learning Moon. It's the same as any other skill you pick up to pursue a hobby, really.

As far as the video I linked, I should probably add that at the beginning it might not be as noticeable, but if you compare for awhile starting at around 1:50 it becomes really apparent. I should've watched it before posting.

Hm, it's been years since I booted up the PS2 version, I may have to do a side by side myself sometime. Playing the 3DS version I didn't feel any major problems with it though.

No?
Definitely fucking not. You need to step outside of your bubble for a moment and take a look at what most people around here actually play. Vita/Hardcore weeb games are a minority on the radar blip.

As long as the framerate is stable it shouldn't be that much of an issue. I just wish the 3DS wasn't such a piece of shit in the hardware department.

I'd imagine that it plays fine. Even re-releases of DQ sell like crazy, so I'd think that SE put their best effort in and it does anyway. I just wish they didn't have to compromise on graphics. I don't think it should be held against the game, since it appears to be doing as well as the hardware will allow, but it's just disappointing that Nintendo's hardware is so outdated that they actually have to downgrade graphics rather than being able to enhance them. I just like how with things like FFX for Vita I don't feel like I'm missing anything by playing it on a handheld.

Yes? How is it not?

Japanese is not even remotely close to being an endangered language.

The E half did at the very least.

There's a vita xcom? Is it good?

Well, it works. Barely.

Obviously he never leaves the Vita thread. If he did, he might be shocked to find there's people on this very board who don't like Japanese games at all! I'm sure they have no inclination to learn "the language of video games".

Has a 3rd party memory card been made yet? If not what the fuck could be taking so long?

I want to get a vita more than anything else right now but i can't when the cards are still priced insanely.

Because they need to get a license from Sony to make one, which Sony is unwilling to give.

The only thing I want is the same thing wants, anyway.

But there are the cards for the psp and china could easily do it, they don't give a fuck about laws.

There are censor-like alterations to the game, originating in the Japanese development for the 3DS version. If you buy that, you're buying something re-censored.

iirc, Jessica's outfits, and a scene that demeans a servant of some rich boss who forced said servant to eat from his dog's dish was altered.

This reminds me that I have yet to play my PS2 copy of DQ8.

I decided to play Abe's Odyssey New n Tasty that I bought from LRG and it seems like a pretty nice remake. I'm not that experienced when it comes to Abe's Odyssey (I only played the demo on a Playstation Underground disc like 50 times when I was a kid), but it just seems like the camera changes and everything work pretty great. I'd like more remakes like this. Way too often they just seem lazy and I get the complete opposite feeling from this.

I was just trying to give an example on how rating something without taking the hardware into consideration is completely unfair. I probably should've tried to think of something better, but I never slept last night, so thinking at all is a pain.

The review I read said that it had performance issues, but they were worth it to have xcom on vita or something like that, so it probably depends where your priorities lay as far to whether or not you like it. (I hope so anyway, because I was thinking about buying it and western console to vita ports don't exactly have a shining record.)

Because unless your hobby is linguistics (no one) then no one is going to go through the process to learn it. Most people in the US learn other languages for business, not pleasure. And usually then it's Spanish since there's an actual use for it in every day life.
Japanese is an especially hard language to learn as well, it takes years of patience and practice just to get the basics down. It's not as simple or as easy as "learning any other skill"
No, but at this rate, still a dying one. Albeit very slowly.
"Image result for japanese birth rates
The country is expected to lose more than one-third of its population by 2060, thanks largely to low birth rates and an aging populace. In 2012, according to Japan's Statistical Yearbook, the country's annual death-to-population ratio passed one percent."
archive.is/HuonM
And currently sits at an abysmal 7.93 births/1000 Population.
archive.is/t4g2o

Dropped.

New 'n' Tasty is great if you don't remember the original clearly.
I thought the same thing until I replayed Oddysee, but everything about Oddysee is so much tighter - design, controls, direction.
The remake shows a really poor understanding of the original aesthetically.
The lighting effects and ragdoll physics stick out like a sore thumb, the environmental effects using sprite layers from the original (notably silhouettes) are obviously impossible to import, overall too much of the original vision is much too difficult to import or even separate from the limitations of the PS1.
They did a great job with what they had, but it doesn't even need a remake.
The original looks nicer, it's more challenging, and it controls better.
I will say that the new design of bird portals is an improvement (never liked the original design) and the ability to command multiple mudokons at once is good to have too.

As general advice, always check up if the japanese game you're buying has original audio in before purchase so you don't get burned.

There's likely some security measure preventing the cards being replicated by a 3rd party company (which explains the regular software updates on Vita), or Sony has some kind of agreement going on.

This seems to be a problem with the majority of remakes of classics on newer systems. The Jak trilogy on Vita has loose feeling controls, same with Sonic adventure on PS3 I think I may have mentioned this in another thread somewhere.

I don't even know much about the original in general, since I never owned the full game, but wasn't it way more limited on the number of ways you can approach a situation? This just feels newer how you can have an enemy follow you so far or throw things way offscreen, where in the original I think you'd just go back to the previous screen.
I don't by any means think that it should totally replace the first game, but I just really like how it feels the same yet different. Most remakes seem like they either remain exactly the same or change way too much.

I imagine the card is encrypted out the ass. Breaking that + small Vita market makes cloning the card unprofitable I guess. Remember, the PSP memory cards could be used with other things, so had a much wider market.

It's also likely the card is just a modified M2 Memory Stick, cause Sony are dicks.

I wanted to get Frost so I can nullify her ice protection and use Titan to wall the fire damage but now I have to fuse Titan and Obariyon to get him, and those are my only two left.

Fuck RNG.

You have 2 days to get a PS3. What are you running? ARK? TN? If you're just running VHBL, you can make a bubble that will still work on 3.60. That's what I did.

Dude, it's XCOM.

Nah, it runs. It's not perfect, and the sound/visuals aren't as good as on PC, but it definitely runs.

They do if the game runs like ass. If it's significantly worse, then criticisms are applied to address that more often than not. That said, yes, it is expected for the PC version of a game to run better.

Significantly lower? If the performance calls for it. Generally speaking? No. If it's a port– not a multiplatform release, but a port– then some cutbacks are expected(at least, to a handheld, anyway). Look at Xenoblade Chronicles on N3DS. It looks like shit, yet it got pretty good scores. Graphical fidelity wasn't expected in that case, but the game still ran well, and it got good reviews because of that.

Yes. If it's a remake, then probably not, as that would reveal that there's little difference. The scenario you bring up is in the event of a direct port, though, and not a multiplatform release.

A big, fat lawsuit from Sony? You know they patented their cards, right?

Or in RE Revelations 2's situation, downright runs like fucking garbage with long ass load times. Got rated like shit too except for RE fans because they'll eat whatever garbage Crapcom shits out.
This could mean different things to different people.

Meant for

i can't tell you how upset I was over that port. Day 1 purchase that would have been. But nope. Can't have good ports of good games.
XCOM is fucking dope, though. In terms of the Vita, it's probably one of the best SRPGs available, outside of Final Fantasy Tactics: WotL.

:^)

Haven't played it. Decided I wouldn't play another Neptunia game after Rebirth. I guess that could be good. I don't know.

Not if you played the original it isn't. It's a mediocre strategy game and lacks quite a bit to be called an S or TRPG due to it's console focus and extreme reliance on RNG. I can't think of any other SRPGs that rely this fucking much on RNG. I guess it's more forgiving if you look at it as a handheld title but it wasn't, and without Long War it's boring and short.

From what I've heard the Nep Spin-offs are better than the actual games. But I've yet to try them so take my word with a grain of salt.

Fuck me. At least I didn't buy Tearaway so I can spend the money on Muramasa now.

Are Blazblue and Soul Sacrifice worth it?

I heard there's a new sale this weekend. Anyone heard anything about it?

SS is okay. just okay. There's an enhanced version with extra content called SS Delta that's a bit better.

Thanks a lot mate!, I just had 8 dollars lying on my account, so I finally got Muramasa.

Try the demo of the original game. It'll give you a bit of a feel for it.
Iunno. I've actually never played. If you have people to play with, sure.

I don't think so.

On a handheld with nice controls, why not? I'd probably buy Street Fighter Alpha 3 once it goes on sale again, and I played it a lot on my good ol' PSP back in the day.

Thanks for your input, anons. I ended up buying Muramasa though.

Pretty sure the Jak and Daxter Collection isn't a remake, just an HD port. Just saying. But yeah, it seems to depend on who handles a given port job as to whether or not a game controls or looks well. Looking at Ratchet and Clank HD for the PS3, it handles well enough in my experiences, but there's some graphical glitches every so often (mostly in the first game) and some stuff that shouldn't have been made widescreen (the shop windows for example stretch all the guns).

If you mean a flash sale, then yeah.
blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/24/flash-sale-now-up-to-80-on-bingeworthy-games/

Might want to double check somewhere like the nep threads to make sure Doerr wasn't involved in the translation. I haven't played the series myself, but I know after Rebirth Volume 1 he shat up some of the other Vita and PC entries before he went on his way to other things.

There you go again confusing "visual novel" with "video game".

Haven't touched the PS3 line of Nep games. The spinoffs have their own various charms, particularly if you're into the series, but none hold significant value due to there being a better version to each, save for maybe Hyperdevotion Noire.

The Rebirth games have battle systems borrowed from the 3rd PS3 installment which was, as I've read, made by the former devs of Flight Plan (currently Fellistella). It's no in-depth turn-based dynamo, but then none of the games those devs have worked on have ever been juggernauts in their fields. They've instead always been beyond functional and comfy.

In the Rebirth case, you're given a moving field to work on each map enemy encounter/boss encounter and a list of normal/speed/guard break attacks to met out against enemies, with specials and even desperation attacks worked in. All the characters have their own weight, although there are some default heavy hitters (they will almost always be dlc).

There's also something of a crafting system that lets you custom the battles to your liking. The big drawback is after the fifth dungeon map or so, you won't be surprised or wow'd all that hard by the layout designs, as they get recycled. Though again, I don't think they were going for 'wow' as much as 'fun'.

I haven't gone in on Hyperdevotion Noire, just yet. Depending on my free time in the coming month, that could change. I'm actually starting to wear somewhat on the grinding in DT2. Though right now I'd more rather something action-y than a strategyfest. Truth told, I have Stella Glow to play still, and that definitely takes priority over Noire.

Running ARK on 3.52. Besides the DLC for muramasa, I moght just get a PSone classic title so I can use the PS1 emulator on the vita through exploits (see: wololo.net/2016/03/14/ps-vita-psone-loader-released-by-theflow/)

Also The Vita acutally has some sort of flashcart now.
wololo.net/2016/05/18/official-cobra-black-fin-real-back/

P4G
Digimon World Next Order any news on a localization?
Nothing
Kancolle Kai just wish I could track my bloody package

The Spinoff Nep games suck ass compared to the real games (except the third mainline one).
The two musou games are super short, though the newest one is infinitely better than the first one, which was a piece of shit.
There was an SRPG which was just average and a visual novel that was marketed as an idol game and got a lot of hate since the idol segments seemed like they were just tacked on as an afterthought to boost sales.
That said, all the Rebirth games have the exact same gameplay and mechanics, but the newest one, V-II was actually developed by the company that birthed the Neps and actually improves on the games' formula since it has changed since Victory on the PS3.

Is there an updated recommended vita games list the wiki isn't updated?

Definitely. I played through all of Z with the shitty gamefaqs and Akurasu translations. English is optional once you have a list of skill points and know what the spirits are.

Well, I bought a 鹿島 dakimakura at least.

Holy fuck

If Ion user or whoever it was I was talking to in the now dead JRPG thread is in here, a message (I saw the last post there but wasn't able to respond in time):

No, Aruze doesn't seem to do much beyond fucking pachinko these days (aside from Shadow Hearts, they used to also make an arcade series called "Mr. Do!"), but they've pretty much always been big on pachinko. And unlike Konami, they didn't really have a lot of fans of other series to toss under the bus in going full force with it, though according to wikipedia, they don't seem to have done much since 2010, but I doubt they'd list off every actual pachinko or slot machine they've made (the pachislot games mentioned in the list for them seem to just be either made for or had been ported to consoles). Also, I'll see about making another JRPG thread in a day or two. Last one went well enough, so it gives me some hope another one will to.

You mean Wikipedia's list or is there some actual Vita wiki or something?

There's this chart people grab updates from halfchan of, but I suppose it's less "recommendation" and more "what's available on the system overall." People seem to keep forgetting to put them in the OP.

Yeah, I've heard that as far as extended versions of games go, it's got a LOT of additions and fixes and the like, to the point that it really makes the original version obsolete.

Oh man it better get here before friday

Over what?

They haven't had a contract in 2 years. Harperbot never gave them a new one and Turdeau say he would but is too busy advocating social justice like making the anthem gender neutral to do anything else.

Shit, I didn't even know that existed. Well, it's too late for me, I guess.
Do not want.

Trudeau scares the shit out of me.
I don't mean his politics or beliefs. The man himself.
I look into his eyes and see nothing.
I bet in 5 years they'll find out he was some kind of turbo-pedo-rapist, keeping a loli harem in his basement. That he kills for fun. That he tortures puppies to death and has his men cover it all up.
His constant virtual signalling is nothing more than camouflage for the darkness within.

I'm pretty sure that's what virtue signalling is for in general.

Just got a pstv and did the whitelist hack, what god-tier vita games am I missing out on? Obviously I can't play any of the touchscreen required games.

Child of Light Ult Edition, SSD, RE3.
Is Tower Ascension fun? I'm trying to conserve some money for the Steam Summer Sale, though I heard it's weaker than the Winter sale.

Reminder that Enemy Unknown didn't even have enemy base raids on your facility, and several core features the original Xcom had. Reminder that both of the XCOM games (expansion included) have a ridiculously low unit count that limits you to only 6 soldiers at a time instead of up to a dozen.

Every playthrough is the same with extremely light variations. There is zero replay value without longwar due to the lack of variety of length in the game. I really wish they had a separate quick start gamemode that didn't just recycle the story cutscenes and events in the same damn order.

I see, I'm just now cracking into DRPGs so it might be a while before I come back to Nep. V-II definitely looks fun and if they actually improved the gameplay it might be worth a buy.

Holy shit, is there a predominately white country out there besides the US that isn't cucked to shit? We're creeping eerily closer every year and I feel like Canada and Europe are massive warning signs.

Muramasa Rebirth is pretty good.

how are Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart and Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed? I never played a nep game, but the spin offs look bretty decent.

Wouldn't be surprised, he use to be a teacher. If you ever watch him do speeches, you can see him doing mannerisms that the tell teachers to do when speaking with younger children.

What the fuck. Come on. I'm not spending 30 bucks on that.

Plating Odin Sphere

More time to play

I just finished Odin Sphere for the first time and
; - ; . I'm just going to fiddle around and plat it then go back to bed and sob

nothing for now

Nep U is pretty bad.
It's like Senran Kagura EV with worse gameplay, writing and fanservice.

Vita version should be the same as the PS3 version really, considering how much more on par the hardware is with the Vita. It's a shame because I dig RTS and RTT games.

Bump

Should have figured Trudeau was involved somehow. Though in that case, I was expecting it to be more along the line of him having imported Africans to do the postal services and they subsequently went on strike, like the fire fighting thing (is it still burning out there in no man's land?).

Seriously, get him out of there as soon as possible.

I'd get the PS3 version, but I'd really prefer this game on a handheld. If I'm going to sit down with my PS3, I'll likely play something else.

From what I saw it got demolished by reviews. Apparently it's so piss easy that even a GameSpot employee can set it down and let it play itself for a mission or two with one or two adjustments max.

Forgot to post that I beat ZTD yesterday. If you guys haven't already downloaded the leaked 3DS version you guys are gonna be in for a treat.

What a shame. I was looking forward to it after seeing the concept.

oh nice. I'll be ordering my copy of ZTD tomorrow I hope it'll still arrive in time. I meant to pre-order it sooner but I just kept forgetting to. At worst it'll be here on Friday at the latest.

It sucks, I am right in the middle of Odin Sphere, but I know I will have to play this once I pick it up tomorrow.

If I don't I will see way too many spoilers. Or hear them when I go to a convention soon and everyone asks me about the game since I am going to cosplay as Sigma

This better not be you.

Well that's legitimately disturbing.
I had a similar experience when some nufter in a bar wouldn't leave me alone.
I was out for a mates birthday I think and this random homo took a liking to me.
I told him I was straight several times this didn't dissuade him, because apparently "everyone's a little bit gay"

Red flag.
Yeah, he fucked up.

Yeah never experienced that before. I have no qualms meeting up with people at a con, especially if we chat about vita stuff or something. But yeah, greet someone with a handshake, that's the proper way of doing it.
but from being in this thread long enough it sounds like everyone is super spread out here anyway so not like there could be meet ups

It's a shame really. DT2bro deserves a handshake and booze. not that I wouldn't get anyone else drinks but he's like an encyclopedia

Are you going to AX?

I wished I had asked sooner since I was at PAX East and turns out quite a few anons went. Would have been fun to go out one night and just gets drinks with people. The con was super lackluster this year and drinks

Not sure which one that is. Im from northeast usa so unless it is around there no chance of me going anyway.

Finished the first chapter of UDG, at first I was pretty iffy about the way this game was, being a 3rd Person Shooter and all, but it's really kinda growing on me.
I really want a HG gunpla of the Mark Guyver….

I fucking hate that I can't change the voices except for when started a new game, or in chapter select, which doesn't unlock until you BEAT the game once, goddamnit NISA.

Dude, you only beat the first chapter. Just replay it again after you change the voices. The chapters are mostly filled with talking, if you skip all of it and just run through the stage you can probably beat it in like 20 mins. Thats way worth it to not listen to the english voices.

Why does Sony stop supporting vita? last I check, it sold almost the same as a WiiU and Nintendo still making games or spend money to make 3rd exclusive games for it. Vita is a great console, even better than 3DS tech wise. Why aren't they making games for it? Fuck, I dont even care if they dont want to make games for because theres still a lot of 3rd party support. Problem is, most of it comes from japan and 99% of it rarely get translated. What the fuck Sony? if you dont want to make games at least bring the one already available to the west. For fuck sake Sony, get your shit together. I rather play a VN than fucking telltale games any day.

Does the game not have dual audio option?

I think Sony tried too hard to market it as "Look, you can play Borderlands and CoD on a handheld!" And that didnt pan out and it just became a weeb system mostly.

It has dual audio but you need to download an almost 2 gig patch. And apparently you cant change the audio once you start on your first play through.

Sony seems to have drunk the Kool-Aid and believes that not only is the West a relevant market, but that they should in fact go all in on trying to appeal to the West rather than the home market.

WHATCHA:

Dungeon Travelers 2, ALWAYS.

Melvy is love, Melvy is life.
IDK mane, just waiting on Rabi-Ribi to be out.
DT2, just hit postgame a couple hours ago.
Just bought DJMax Technika Tune.

How do I get the other Otherworld dungeons in DT2? And Prizien Woods' second half?

I knew I'd like Melvy the second I saw that nice ass.

With weeb games basically keeping the system afloat, they'd only have to put a minimal amount of effort into getting the system to sell better in the west. I will never not be confused by the fact that every major company in the industry seems to be fucking retarded.

Adventures of Mana just got uploaded to the store.
store.playstation.com/#!/adventures-of-mana/cid=EP0082-PCSB00975_00-ADVENTURESOFMANA
Apparently it's a remake of Final Fantasy Adventure from the GB. I never played it. Maybe some of you will be hype about it.

Sony has a long, long history of creating amazing hardware, then just dumping it onto the market to fend for itself, with minimal support.

Trillion is only $18 on Amazon
(Amazon is gonna be fucked if Bing quits giving me giftcards. Their shipping and tax is a real bitch. I would've just hoped gamestop had a deal someday if I didn't have free money.)

Wow, nice, thanks user. I'll definitely pick that up during a sale or when I'm bored sometime.

Well, I hope they put out another normal game at some point. I've really been enjoying Shadow Hearts and it's just weird that seems like an afterthought for the company that made it. Maybe it's all the pachnko money that's allowed them to make it in the first place? It sucks that everything is getting so much more expensive though, because the cost involved with a project like that these days makes it seem unlikely that we'll get a new beautiful looking JRPG from them. Aruze is pretty much a mystery to me though, so maybe I'm wrong and they'll at least make a nice handheld game or something.

Remake of a remake. Its pretty good actually, tons of different weapons and a huge map for gameboy at the time.

Man, I'd actually like to have a physical copy of that but I just got a free copy of the PSN version a week ago.

Trillion? Japan's PS+ or something? If it was for the west that's a surprise, because normally they give shit compared to Japan. (Not that I blame them, since the majority of people here are happy to throw their money away for nothing.)

Not PS+, "review" copy (when I talked to Idea Factory International at E3 they decided to give me a code even though my outlet already reviewed it)

They just did it to be nice? I'd think that publishers would be more stingy with such niche games. Maybe they figure that the word of mouth will help anyway, since most people who play it seem to like it, while the scores from major outlets weren't too hot.

Tell me more sweet truths Todd

Oh hey they actually released it? I didn't think they were gonna give it to the West at all.

It's because they marketed it as an extra dongle for PS3/PS4 with remote play instead of marketing it as the next PSP. Thus, they fucked it all up, and instead of try to fix what they fucked up, they just let it crumble while being as Jewish as possible with memory card prices.

RIP Criterion. You will be missed.

I'd say meetups with fellow anons generally aren't the best idea unless you already knew them beforehand. Even ignoring shit like that, there's the risk of someone going the "/k/ brownie" route and putting a little bit of themselves into any food they might bring.

Too bad they didn't want to give it to the west in physical format, though admittedly I'm not sure if it got a physical release in Japan either.

Hopefully someone here might be able to grab it and see what the translation quality's like?

Well, I hope they put out another normal game at some point. I've really been enjoying Shadow Hearts and it's just weird that seems like an afterthought for the company that made it.
Sacnoth/Nautilus made the Shadow Hearts series while Aruze published/funded it, and while they only made a total of six games (four in-series, two stand alone; three of which they had SNK as publisher for, hence the "Dreadnought" cap-wearing Kelly in Covenant as a tribute), they themselves never did anything pachinko related for Aruze.

Nautilus died years ago, killed off by Aruze themselves dissolving the team. Some of the former employees helped out Mistwalker with Lost Odyssey, and following the trail of who merged with what and where some employees went, some might still be around at Marvelous Japan, but I can't say for sure. Kato and Machida are apparently working on a project (and have thankfully opted to not go the kikestarter route, claiming they're not sure their fans would want them doing that) they can't discuss yet, but claim they'd like to see it come west, whatever it is.

Aruze now goes by Universal Entertainment Corporation and mainly do arcade, slots, and pachislot. Even as Aruze most of their home console games were just pachislot.

Fuck, didn't realize I'd left the post set to do not bump.

Any idea how it compares with Sword of Mana for the GBA?

Map completion. Which I gather some people hate, but this time it's a necessary pill to swallow. The upside is that the part you need to complete is almost ALWAYS next to the main boss's room. The other method is completing quests and raising your quest rank. Two of the rank-ups have rewarded me with dungeons so far (Skyfort - which is a leveling haven, and Eternal Hell, which can & will push your shit in if you're not prepared).

Likewise, obtaining the orb that powers the teleportation device in the Prizren Woods is a Recommended Quest option, much like pic related. iirc you can get it about rank 8 or so. It's definitely available long before you beat the Demon Lord and go into postgame.

Sentiment's appreciated, though really I'm just spreading what I've learned and what I've read. It's been a while since I've dug this deep in a game.

I'd like to get hype, but iirc that's a phone game port. That, and Squeenix isn't a company I support, anymore.

Got Dungeon Travelers 2 and Demon Gaze coming in the mail. Bought them from fucking gamestop paid for one day shipping and the stupid niggers shipped it with 2nd day air.

I don't have an orb key item in my inventory, and I'm at rank 11 on quests now.

Did I just miss it or something?

Oh, okay, these companies are pretty foreign to me. It would've been nice if they made more before they split up. I like it when a find a series or dev that has a certain style that I enjoy and can dig through their catalog. Falcom was kind of like that for me as I never really paid attention to them until a couple years ago. (I hope Ys 8 runs good on Vita. I like to buy games for Vita first and then pick up their home console counterparts later when they're cheap. That way i can get both for $60 instead of just one.)

I can see quite a bit of similarities between Lost Odyssey and Shadow Hearts. Thankfully it seems Mistwalker is working on a console game again. It should be a crime for the talent they have there to be wasting their time on FTP mobile games. (I think they made a paid mobile game about surfing or something, but strangely enough that doesn't make me the least bit happy either.)

Yeah, they made Faselei! for the NGPC, another NGPC game called Dive Alert, Koudelka, and the three PS2 Shadow Hearts games. Unfortunately either they didn't make Aruze enough money or Aruze got tired of them flipping the concept or normalcy the bird, and told them to fuck off.

At least all their games came overseas. Can't say the same for Media.Vision.

Is it going to be on a system people that want to play those types of games are prone to have? Just asking, considering how Lost Odyssey was 360 only worldwide, and The Last Story having been on the Wii, neither place exactly being home to a ton of JRPGs.

For companies that deal with slot machines and stuff like that it really doesn't seem too surpring. That's gotta be really easy money and way less risky than making JRPGs and stuff. Konami even saw had big success making real games and I see their names on more at the casinos I go to than the videogame stores. A lot of their slot machines look cheap as fuck too. They probably come up with the premises on their lunch breaks.

Sakaguchi said he planned on it being for current gen consoles, so hopefully that means everything that they can get it to run on, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was only for one of them or a timed exclusive or something. I kind of doubt Microsoft wants to throw anymore money in the "try to win Japan over" money hole so unless he just puts it on there, because he likes them or something, I doubt it will be exclusive to XBone.
It actually kind of sucks for me that Microsoft and Nintendo don't have more JRPGs. I like owning every console, but since JRPGs are my favorite genre those two don't really inspire me to run out and buy their systems anymore. Owning everything definitely felt more worthwhile in the 16 and 32bit days.

What the fuck Amazon? Did you just royally fucked me? I thought the purpose of pre-order is so you can secure a copy.

I honestly find it funny they'd even want to publish Shadow Hearts for Sacnoth, let alone having kept letting them make sequels after the first sold poorly compared to other "big fish" series.

I expect that with Nintendo it's mainly been a holdover of the fact that they actively pissed off various third parties in fifth gen, including a number of JRPG developers that had made games for the NES/SNES prior, who jumped ship and took their series to Sony systems. Granted, that's not to say that none of their later systems have had them, but aside from the DS it's felt like mostly a small smattering of them. And with the Wii, there's some that weren't even localized either, further reducing the number available out here.

Well, the 20th doesn't exactly give that much time to secure a copy since chances are they might already be working on shipping preorders out, but that still seems odd. Usually if I make a preorder for something, I wait until it has an actual release date and then order. Gives plenty of time for my copy to get secured to ship out, but doesn't tie my money up as long as it might for other people that drop money the moment something's announced. Still, not entirely sure what to do about Exist Archive. I'd like to put an order in when it gets a bit closer to coming out since I'm not sure how well it's going to sell here, but on the other hand I've heard to be a bit leery of Aksys, which makes me want to wait for preview videos to see if anyone notes major changes/fuckery between the translation and Japanese script.

Oh, and I suppose the real question to consider about that Amazon order is when exactly do they tend to update their shipping status on stuff, particularly when Amazon itself is shipping it? Could be that it has been shipped, but the site hasn't updated about it yet? I honestly don't buy a lot through Amazon directly, so I'm not sure how they handle updating their own shipping statuses; usually use third party vendors since I don't buy much at release.

I'm pretty sure they don't really give a fuck about their customers anymore, unless they pay one hundred dollars a year for their stupid prime service. I love how when I ordered Trillion they made me click a section that said "no I don't want fast and free shipping". It reminded how I actually used to get free fast shipping before they jacked the fucking minimum up more and more. I wish Gamestop would start pricematching them. All the places that do never have the right games in stock. If gamestop did I'd barely veer have to order from them again.

It does seem odd. Maybe they wanted to expand into that market, until they found out how much work it is and how easy real games make it to bankrupt your company or something?

Yeah, from everything I've read Nintendo seems lucky to have any third parties making games for them these days. Serves them right for thinking they could monopolize every major game developer. Apparently, their licensing fees are still higher than Sony's or Microsoft's are too.

Me too, I rarely bought game through amazon or pre-order for that matter. I just stumble upon it while checking for Vita memory card since it fucking expensive at my local game store, I thought I can find better deals there.

I doubt Gamestop will, being the biggest name brick and mortar vidya store left at this point here. At least they seem to keep their prices consistent between store and online though. Fucking Walmart won't match their own online prices.

I'm thinking more "Oh shit it's ex-Square employees, time for Final Fantasy VII tier sales. Wait, what do you mean they want to make stuff that's really fucking niche and won't sell that well?" Again, surprises me they let them carry on like that for three whole games.

I doubt they will too, but I don't think it's because they're big, I think that it has to do with them being a specialty shop, so there's just not enough leeway to risk a a bunch of people going there to buy amazon's sale item when most customers probably only buy one item. I'm sure it would become a decent trend with cheapassgamer and stuff. They are big so they might be able to handle it, but I still think they're just too endangered to be wasting anything they can. They really need to invest in better stuff than thinkgeek to anchor themselves for the ever rising digital marketplace shit.

That wouldn't surprise me. It didn't take me long at all to realize that the people who made Shadow Hearts had a lot of skill, but there's no way that it would have Final Fantasy-like popularity. It's just way too dark. It's a shame they didn't just embrace it more. You look at how many SMT games there are and there's obviously a market.

The difference there though is that SMT had been around since the SFC days (or, if looking at Megami Tensei itself, the FC days), had a long time to build up it's playerbase, and still carries on to this day. Meanwhile with Shadow Hearts, Koudelka was dumped on (admittedly I'm not sure how Megami Tensei and MTII were received out there, but obviously it did well enough to spawn a now massive franchise with a number of subseries as well, while with Koudelka it surprises me that it even got sequels in the Shadow Hearts games given how it was received), Shadow Hearts didn't sell particularly well in either Japan or the west (both content and poor release timing), and even with the sequels doing somewhat better in sales, it's still underplayed to this day and wasn't good enough to keep the series going.

Also not real sure how much crossover there is between SMT fans and Shadow Hearts fans.

When it comes to actually new releases, on the rare chance I do get them, I just order them locally, since usually the big name companies are at least capable of getting them shipped in on time for release. Also, with stuff like special editions, I don't trust Amazon themselves to ship those safely, not after seeing what happened with various anons copies of stuff like the CE for Bravely Default a few years back.

Why even bother? Man, I might end up getting this digital at this rate.

You could always go in and ask if you could get one shipped to a local store. Admittedly though I'm not sure what the range they're willing to do so between is though.

If you have the numbers on hand I'd love to see them. For some reason I love stupid stuff like Media Create sales numbers. I just always wish there was a way to know budgets and projected sales, since the numbers alone can be misleading sometimes.

I'm sure there's gotta be some, but I mean more that they could've probably easily gathered a group of dedicated fans if all the games are this quality and they kept making them. With the quality of the cutscenes and stuff, I suppose, it might not be profitable though. The game seems like it had higher budget than most really niche stuff like that. i could be wrong though.

They definitely do that. I'm not sure if there's restrictions, but they've asked me if I wanted them to have another store send games they didn't have before. It's pretty much the first thing they ask when they look up a game for me and don't have it.

Can't exactly find information on the first game as far as that goes (given that it's an early PS2 game, maybe number aren't as easy to find?), but according to vgsales wiki, Famitsu had Covenant listed at 110,279 and FtNW at 82,317. I assume those were first week sales or something, but I'm not entirely sure (I was expecting much lower western sales, but according to wikipedia, Level 5's president, who chimed in for reasons I'm not clear on as Level 5 had nothing to do with the series, said that Covenant's western sales were similar to how it did in Japan). For comparison's sake looking at other numbers, Tales of Rebirth is listed as having done about four times as well as Covenant, and even FFX-2 International + Last Mission (I'm guessing it was an extended print of X2?) did about three times as well. Dragon Quest V's PS2 remake did roughly 16 times better at 1,611,974.

If you're liking the way things look for the CG with SH1, SH:C and FtNW look even better, both with the ingame graphics engine and in cutscenes.

Ugh, for the most part their prices are consistent. But I just got screwed over by them. Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom was listed as $5 on their app. So I finally manage to find a copy and drive over and they have it listed as $15. The guy says that is probably the online price since the warehouses can charge different depending on stock, etc. But this is the app that tells the in store prices so I have no clue what he was blabbering about.

And man, with all this talk of Koudelka again I really want to pick up a copy. Is the user who created that infographic here? Is that finished or are you still working on it? I do want to take a look so I know what games and such I should be looking for.

You're talking to him. Not finished yet (WIP are here); still need to touch it up a bit since I had a friend look it over for grammar and typos a few nights back. It's getting there though.

As for Koudelka itself, between the average price and loading issues it has from playing with actual discs, you're better off emulating or playing it digitally as a PSP eboot. I've compared it both with the discs on my PS2 and as an eboot, and the eboot's loading during combat (since all spells and items visually despawn all characters and enemies but the caster and target and then load them back in afterward) is about 2-4 times shorter.

I found a copy at a store around here for $3 or so. Admittedly that was black friday, but it's not a game with much demand, even if it doesn't show up that much.

The only thing I can thing of in your case was that maybe they still had a gutted "new" copy that would have cost more.

nichegamer.com/2016/06/28/final-fantasy-adventure-remake-now-available-ps-vita-west/

I'd say you got what your deserved.

No physical? Well, at least it's cheap for future reference.
Apparently Niche Gamer is the most popular gaming site.
blog.disqus.com/most-popular-gaming-website-niche-gamer?utm_campaign=793b807c-3cac-11e6-823a-002590f382fe&utm_content=btn&utm_source=note

Never saw that coming.

Awesome thanks!
See, my issue is that I just can't stand playing anything digitally when I could use the actual hardware granted maybe just owning the disc and emulating it won't trigger my autism. It jut got bad after years back when I dumped money into Steam and then realized that if they go down, or I lose access to my account Im out of luck. That, and a ton of games I had recently got as digital ones got a physical release later on and I hated to spend twice the money to buy it. So, I would still want to find the actual discs just since I like adding to my collection and at that point Ill see if I can deal with the slow down.

But also with Majin, it seems games that are $5 or less are impossible to find sometimes, especially complete. Majin, El Shaddai, Lost in Shadow, Lost Planet 1, etc. Have all or are giving me such a hard time finding.

Also, with ZTD do people think Aksys will sell the watches separately? I really want to get one but dont feel like paying scalper prices at this point.

Some vita gaems on sale

gatorfags shilled it hard everywhere. Not like it was hard, there was only a few thousand votes total

So how long before Vitafags all kill yourselves? Considering you're all virgins, your handheld has fuckall to play besides weebshit and VNs, you're families don't love you, and even Sony doesn't give a shit about you? There won't even be another Sony handheld. Hope you have your noose ready

Out of all the terms you couldn't have picked a more SJW friendly one. Most goobers I saw supported Tech raptor actually.
Not surprising that only a few thousand people bothered to vote since it was a Disqus thing.

The day you get some better b8 bby.

you seem angry, user. This world is not for you. Turn your CPAP machine off tonight and let your pendulous neck fat do the rest.

Did that get a physical release in japan?

Considering most of the competition heavily moderates/censors/disable their comment section and it has GG backing, it really shouldn't be a surprise.

I'm surprise Gematsu got 3rd, that place has the most cancerous moderation.

It was already at 2nd place before they started shilling it, and Destructoid was only winning by less than a hundred even after shilling it on their own readers.

Gematsu shilling was heavy, but they lack the autism that GG has and the sheer fact that no one really likes them.

Oh shit, so will we get more than the crappy flash sale games?

What's the consensus?

after seeing this I decided to check on my order as well…what the ever-loving fuck Amazon?

Is there anything worth it at all?

Should have pre-ordered at your local Gamestop™

Aren't they the one e-begging their readers to go to E3? TWICE!!

That is a huge pain. Ive had that happen with Amazon before. Along with them wanting to mail everything in just the bubble wrap mailers and the boxes and cases getting wrecked in the mail. I always much prefer going to an actual store to pick stuff up.

It's a Green Orb, and it's around rank 8/9. I don't know if those items pop back up again, unfortunately. If I'm remembering correct, you should be able to obtain it at the start of Chapter 9. It's an SP rank mission where you have to seal 3 Palisbags for it. iirc, that's an enemy in Samara Passage depths.

If you didn't run into it, I can't speculate what may have happened. I'm not sure if there's another requirement for SP rank quests. If there are, only thing I could speculate on is if they're level-related, or if they're boss seal-related (as in the bonus bosses).

Amazon fucking up orders isn't something I hear about often. Now, your preorder stuff may arrive late—that's always happened to me and it's a big reason I refuse to pay for their Prime service. But while shipping can run late on preorders, I've never heard of them fucking up on not counting stock properly.

They update their delivery status a couple of times a day, far as I know. Several times a day when the status is still Packing or whatnot, and then the rest is based on where the package is during transit, though by that time you can usually use the USPS tracking number to get live updates.

If you're waiting too long on your games, drop to the help options and contact them to see what gives.

Fuck this gay earth.

Trillion's on sale for $16. Be honest with me and also call me a faggot.

Faggot thing first: I tried hard to get into Disgaea and La Pucelle. The grind was an absolute drag in both, and I haven't touched a NIS flagship game since.

Knowing that, is Trillion worth it for me, or is it likely to trigger that irritation again? Mind, at least I liked La Pucelle's story a lot. But after a month I was like "fuck it" and just gameshark'd my way through the rest of the game.

Think of it this way, at least you got a nice physical copy.

For as niche as it seems those aren't really bad numbers, but I'm guessing the budget was high enough that they weren't good for a game of that scale. I just don't know how you can go about getting Tales or Star Ocean-like sales with a game about eating people and stuff. I really wish people were smarter with kickstarter, because that could've helped a lot with stuff like that. I guess what you need is just the right marketing to make sure your non cookie cutter game can get the sales it deserves.

It's not a NIS game, but I sure hope it isn't just one long grind. Things like Disgaea and Hyperdimension Neptune bore me. The story in Trillion sounded pretty great, so hopefully that will be able to keep me playing if it is a little grindy.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that ended up being rare either.

People also forget NISA also distributes anime. They seem to actually do that well along with Collector's Editions. Under certain companies they can even do some good localizations like Demon Gaze. However, there is one part or team in their company that likes to censor and alter games for money. They keep making up excuses and narratives to give the illusion that it must be done. But in reality it doesn't and they only do so to milk time and money for all their alterations. This is why we can never convince them to stop because they then can't justify making more "corrections". Why would you when you're getting paid more to do so? This is the same shit 4kids did to get paid extra money for all that time needed for "localization".

And when they do fuck shit up, they never acknowledge or fix the problem with a patch. Either they spend no time and money on QA or they're incompetent. A single guy was even able to fix that late game crashing from in Hundred Knight.

How bad will the Vita version run compared to the PS4?

Honestly I probably should have. At least I'd have the game by now.

Amazon's never done me like this before though. Estival Versus arrived on the day it was supposed to, and EDF2 was just a day late and I pre-ordered that one only a few days before launch date anyway I'm gonna be pissed if they fuck up my Shantae pre-order.

PQube certainly knows their audience.

Holy fuck, all those panty shots and touching/rubbing too. That last "don't be scared" was amusing to me; a part of me would like to think it's aimed at those libtards who are afraid/can't stand sexy girls in games, that's just wishful thinking.

the trailer felt a little memey overall though

But thats mean I have to go outside, and interact with peoples

archive.is/XoYM6

:^)

Amazon: It's not our fault!
Aksys: It's not our fault!

Fucking fantastic guys. I mean it was bad enough that the limited Watch editions were all bought up almost immediately, and that now said Watch editions were damaged and people are having to wait on that, but now it's literally "I dunno what went wrong I dindu nuffin" from both sides. Fucking hell.

In all honesty, I really hope people are able to go to the store and pay for items without sperging out about in line.

This is idiotic. Neither side wants to be blamed for what happened. Im almost more apt to say Amazon is at fault here since they have more to lose if people really get mad at them. But maybe that is just reading into it too much. Either way Im sure if you pester Amazon enough they will give you a discount. They are really good at refunding people. Or at least everytime I did have an issue they gave me at least 20% off the item.

Why did that happen, anyway?

I'm not sure if the game as-is couldve worked without a 360 controller seeing how crazy sensitive it was to how far you had the trigger depressed, but theres little reason it couldnt have just been designed slightly differently in the first place. Did Microsoft buy exclusivity? It doesnt seem like their usual bought fare.

Purchased exclusivity.

Already did, they really peoples to be patience for a shit service? Fuck that shit

Is Adventures of Mana any good? I kinda want to get it to support Square giving a shit about the Vita in the west.

Recently they've been giving us a break. This, Romancing SaGa 2, Dragon Quest Builders…

I'm not sure how a game pitched to them that they helped make and published is considered purchased exclusivity.

The gameboy game is and it's supposed to be a pretty good remake that runs well and everything so I don't see why not. I'd buy it if I didn't just buy Trillion. That's what they get for not telling me it was coming out I guess.

This is certainly an advanced form of faggotry. And I'm betting it's on Aksys's side.

WELL, FUCK ME.

Get your shit together, Aksys. Highly doubt that Amazon ordered their shipments the day before release.

You should buy it because you want it, not just because it exists. I played 5 minutes of the GB version, and it's great, minus the dialogue speed. Take a closer look at it and see whether or not you want it.

I wouldn't expect them to deny it so much and say "plan on a statement from amazon soon" if they weren't sure. Especially after all that ":we wanna make things right" talk. The person from Amazon that said that was just a regular customer service rep too, which is wrong 90% of the time. I have no idea why "journalists" still rely on them for answers.

Here's that part of Polygon's amazing investigation.

— DANhalen (@Aksys_Danny) June 28, 2016

I like to have actual copies of games I enjoy myself (though with the PS1 at this point I just tend to dump eboots on my PSP, at least as a "try it before you buy it"), but again, the loading is pretty noticeable given how frequently it happens. And again, Koudelka costs a fair bit, despite not having the demand to back it up (at least with the Shadow Hearts PS2 games, those are considered cult classics new people want to look into every so often). Though you can always get lucky like I did and maybe find it complete for $12 or so. Just remember that the game has four discs.

Reminds me, apparently SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1 was placed similarly in sales to Covenant, if that's of note.

Depends on the store. One local independent used game store has a moonspeaking guy there who imports stuff that I can readily talk to about niche stuff with, and I will say that while I fucking hate Gamestop's policies, the local one I've used every so often isn't bad as far as employees go.

Wow. I'm sensing a lack of communication between both. Wonder if actual brick and mortar retailers have also had any issues getting their orders filled for it, or if it's just Amazon.

Microsoft wanted to get some Japanese stuff to appeal to the Japanese market in an attempt to get the 360 popular out there. A number of said games also game west. A fair amount of them also saw eventual PS3 ports with extended content, angering Japanese 360 owners. Lost Odyssey unfortunately was not one of those.

Waiting to hear on the translation quality for both AoM and RS2. Also hoping RS2's remake being localized doesn't kill the SFC fan translation effort, at least as far as providing another option for playing goes (the way the fan translations for the PSP version of FFT0 offers a means to play the game without the localization induced tumblr pronouns and shit).

After looking into this myself I think it probably is Aksys lying. I take this "Aksys Danny" is the same faggot who bans everybody? Companies seem to hire the most retarded people for their PR these days. I love how Polygon doesn't bother to include the fact that he's now dodging the question now too.

It makes sense. Is Covenant the same type of Quality as the first game or did they try to cut back costs? I never played a mainline SMT game, but judging from things like Soul Hackers and Devil Survivor they seem like they would be cheaper to make. I'd guess P3 and P4 might be around the same budget, but who knows?

I'm surprised support for Amazon outright called Aksys a liar.

But I am more likely to believe Amazon. They've shipped millions of items, I'm assuming they have their shit together.

Amazon probably has the best distribution system in the US, second only to walmart. I'd pin this on Aksys.

Fucking lying piece of shit, what the fuck Aksys? I thought it was Amazon fault and already cancel my pre-order. I was about to go to my local game store to buy it but since the game coming out on PC, I'm gonna pirate it because of this.

Yeah, this person definitely did a better job figuring out what was going on than Polygon did. Once I thought about how PR said units were damaged and then claimed Amazon had them, but there was a problem there too, I figured something didn't add up. They probably just didn't finish getting things done in time and decided to blame Amazon and "damaged in shipping" (which can be a huge deal when it happens. With the amount of money you can lose there's no reason why they'd have to blame Amazon. I've read that businesses went bankrupt by having an uninsured shipping container destroy all their stock before)
Aksys really needs to get rid of that PR guy. Maybe this will finally do it. Trying to offset blame onto what's probably their biggest client just doesn't seem like a good idea. He still seems to be doing it with this "Amazon and Aksys" shit. Just not placing it directly.

Insinuating I mean, sorry.

>They change the status from "temporarily out of stock" to "will be ship in 2 to 4 WEEKS"

There's nothing to ship dumbass PR guy.
sasuga Aksys, you botch your own game

Yeah, he's fucking retarded. Someone seriously needs to step in and help fix this mess. What they should've done is just tell people as honest as they can what happened, give the people that it happened to codes for the game, so they can play the damn thing in the meantime, and then ask them not to cancel, apologizing and stating that it will severely hurt them if they lose the sales. Shit they even still could, rather than letting this PR guy anger all the customers who wanted their game so bad they already bought it or preordered a special edition of it.

Good god Aksys is fucking retarded.

Is Ray Gigant tolerable?

I want something like Etrian Odyssey, but not as hard…

Wow ok, after everything people have posted I take this back. Sure does seem like Aksys is to blame. I'm glad I have my copy, but man what an absolute pain. How are they going to fix this?

Fuck, this is only $2.50 with PS+. I wanted this game. I kind of wish I didn't buy Trillion so I could buy Mana and Blob today. I feel like there's a cheap game overload lately. At least I got the physical one, I guess.

Does anyone have an exact list of the games on sale or did they just drop a ton of shit and I'd be better off looking. I'm asking because I'm not currently in position to go on PS store

Higher quality in most ways. Better ingame graphics, better CG scenes, adding in another composer (Kenji Ito) for the soundtrack, further tweaking, customization, and building on the Judgment Ring combat system, and, in the case of the English release, much better quality dub work (no more 4kids voices; Blaustein and Epcar managed to get a really solid team of high and low profile people for it, resulting in very few characters sounding awkward and no Sea Mother moments). Different ratio of dark-to-quirk though, but still really good and manages to have an underlying despair to it, as well as a theme of coming to terms with the way things have turned out.

Well, unless you're talking about the old Soul Hackers game for the Saturn (I think? Maybe it was the Dreamcast), you're comparing handhelds to console games, so there is a difference in budget (part of what prompted so many JRPG devs to jump from Sony consoles to the PSP and DS, I suppose, especially since I hear the Cell wasn't the easiest thing to work with). A better comparison might be maybe Nocturne. The Maniax version released the same year as Covenant in Japan and apparently sold worse, but that was an updated rerelease as opposed to the original one, which I assume sold more. Would be better to compare the vanilla version of both games I suppose, or the Japan only Director's Cut of Covenant with the Maniax version of Nocturne.

While I do hope things get fixed, this doesn't bode real well for my interest in Exist Archive, given Aksys is handling it. Still, I'd like to know if anyone's noted issues with brick and mortar stores not receiving shipments of ZTD, or if it's just Amazon customers that are being fucked.

There's a physical version? Also, I'm psyched that this ended up being discounted. It was the only game I wanted.

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/28/mid-year-sale-week-1-up-to-80-off-100-titles/

Looks like as far as the Vita goes, some of the notable ones to me are Ar Nosurge Plus and Atelier Totori Plus, given they generally go for $40 (both being down to $20 each right now; $16 for PS+), and ANS+ only saw a limited physical run and Atelier Totori is (as of now, unless LRG pulls through) digital only in the west.

It's a scattered mess. You can click "all deals > vita" and it won't even show half of the stuff. you'd be better off looking on cheapassgamer or something.

That's almost a shame. It's been awhile since I laughed so hard at a videogame. I couldn't get her lines out of my head that day either and was performing parts of her story in the shower and stuff. I don't think I was ready for her.

I always consider Soul Hackers a Saturn game. If you played it expecting a 3DS game it would probably lead to a lot of disappointment. They added some stuff, but even compared to a 3DS game it doesn't look so hot and has dated mechanics. Luckily, I find it charming, since I had a Saturn and really miss that thing. Sega had so many amazing games that it troubles me that they pretty much killed themselves with all their dumb decisions.
I don't know much about SMT, but what I kinda meant though is Shadow Hearts feels a little higher quality than your average AA game. Maybe I'm remembering the years wrong, but I don't think AA games had nearly that good looking CG cutscenes. I might be seeing things wrong since this is my first time playing on a CRT in over a decade though too. I think I'm gonna slow down on other stuff and ramp up my PS2 playing and collecting while it's still cheap. It just feels so good after being gone for so long.

It seems like this is all Aksys' fault, but I'm not really worried about Exist Archive, since it's all been production and PR bullshit. The releases I own of theirs don't seem bad and I haven't seen any complaints about the game itself, so hopefully they learn from this. It's gotta be costing them money, since they botched the what's probably the biggest part of the game's release.

I meant at least I got a physical version of Trillion, since I can't get the digital games I want. I wish A Boy and his Blob was physical on Vita though. I played it on NES as a kid and the new one looks great.

Ah, I understand. Well, A Boy and His Blob is crossbuy, if you do decide to get it.

I wonder if Nintendo's new handheld type thing will have enough in common with Vita that they start getting a bunch of the same third party games. I suppose Sony won't make bigger game cards so Nintendo to Vita might not fit. Vita to Nintendo should work fine though.

I think I'll probably pick it up next time it goes on sale. I'm already in the middle of New N Tasty and I have Hotaru no Nikki in my backlog, which should both give me sort of the same type of 2D puzzle gameplay. I don't have PS+ so I should see it for $5 again I'd hope.
I probably should try to buy Adventures of Mana soon though, since I did a pretty decent amount of complaining and they actually listened. Hopefully, that will help ensure we get Scarlet Grace

I think a lot of the devs that make vita exclusives are loyal to Sony, so I doubt it.

It is like $5 physical on wii if you really want a physical copy.

I went in today to gamestop and had no trouble getting my copy. Granted they had only received 1 total since I was the only one that preordered it.

BASED

I want to buy an Atelier game
Which one's the entry level but competent enough?

Ayesha+, for sure. It was my first Atelier, and I'm glad I picked it as my first. It's fairly lenient compared to other Atelier games on the time system from what I've heard. I actually beat the game on my first go, but missed a lot of side stuff. I need to go back and replay it again.

Thank you for the quick reply, have some qts

New thread here niggas:

Un-fucking-believable. I was REALLY looking forward to this game, especially after Trillion.

Fucking hate this shithole. Maybe there's some way to smuggle it in?

Good luck user, if you find out how tell us about it.