Why did this game fail?

Why did this game fail?

Was it the quirky "lol just like borderlands" writing? Was it the shitty lore?

I actually kinda like the gameplay to be honest

honestly gameplay just felt like a cheap guild wars 2 and I hated every moment of it. The UI was complete garbage and the quests are just your average MMO garbage.
I really do hate that the game turned out shit since I do think the mechari are hot as fuck but honestly that is the only good part of this mess.

Do people really care that much about lore in MMOs? I never did.

I doubt the game failed just because of that.

fixed your image with the updated in game model

What do you care about in MMOs?

Pushing people away from your game can help it fail

Everything but the retarded lore. It is never good in any MMO that I have played.

Lodsemone spent on marketing
Gameplay was pretty meh
Endgame had nothing going for it
Attempted to compete directly with WoW

Take your pick

Combat in mmos is pretty shit.
Most mmos also don't look appealing.
Pretty much no mmo has an actual story.

I really don't see what else there is apart from content and lore honestly

the only good thing was the housing system

I never played Wildstar but GW2 played like complete garbage so I can't imagine how much worse this one is.

I can't speak for everyone, but for me the big reason it failed was because no one cared about warrior tanks.

The warrior tank was completely incapable of tanking, as in, they couldn't produce as much hate as any other class. Even healers could produce more hate than them.

People tried to complain on the forums, even going so far as to mathematically prove that warrior tanks were not viable (not only were they the worst at generating hate, but they were also the worst at actually mitigating damage).

The lead designer of the warrior class, however, would have none of it and insisted that they were balanced and that people were just playing wrong.

Turned out the lead designer never actually raided or anything like that as a tank warrior. All he would do was PvP as a dps warrior and see just how broken they were in that respect, so Warrior would consistently get nerfed.

Turns out warriors were the most popular class despite being the worst, so when people got to max level, a lot of people (myself included) left after it became obvious the warrior dev was completely incompetent.

Really didn't help that on one of their weekly stream the warrior dev insisted the people who were complaining didn't understand the most basic mechanics of the game (namely that when you interrupt a creature, you do more damage, and thus generate more hate).

Add in the fact that you needed a gold in every heroic instance (one of which would take hours to complete) and you have one of the most grindy endgames ever just to get to the good part. (Unless you're a warrior tank, in which case you're an idiot and are not allowed to raid).

I never got to raid, but from what I saw, that shit looked really exciting.

it seems like a really common thing in MMOs released after WoW that have warriors, or whatever is the stand in for tanks, be the actual worst tanks. it's probably just a byproduct of trying to hard to make each class "unique" self sustainable but who knows.

This is desperate and sad.

Feminists and a single tranny

Feminists and a single tranny
Prove me wrong Holla Forums I dare you

Full nope. Even after I was willing to buy it. Havent even tried the F2P version because I don't care about it after all that.

It also runs like shit.

I remember getting the distinct feeling warrior tank was the "We don't know what to do with this" class as it had nothing cohesive about it.

For example…
Like the Engineer, the warrior was able to gain extra damage mitigation depending on how high their shield was, and like the Stalker, warriors were able to regen their HP with their basic attack.
Problem:
Warriors were unable to heal their shield, and thus could not benefit from the bonus mitigation granted by it.

When asked why they did this, the response was that the warriors were never meant to be "shield tanks" like the Engineer, they were meant to be mitigation tanks (even though Engineers can very easily use their abilities to gain more base damage mitigation than warriors).

Warrior tanks themselves could only rarely use their abilities that could grant them additional mitigation, as their basic attack was the only thing that produced any kind of threat generation due to all other abilities having no bonus threat scaling (unlike the other two tank classes who had all of their abilities generate bonus hate, including the ones that gave bonus damage mitigation).

The entire class was a fucking mess that no one wanted to fix.

they were all fired not long after release, the breast sizes were restored

Were they really?
Had no idea

that's what I mean, they make all these other classes that have thought put into them but when it comes to warrior they can't come up with anything on par because there's really not to many ways to make a class about hitting things with a weapon unique.

The devs and the fanboys thought they liked and needed a new "Classic WoW" when in reality they didn't.

Shit wacky-zany humor, shit optimization, shit devs, shit community, shit art direction, shit PvE.

yeah, most female characters are titty monsters now and there are quite a few skimpy outfits
and giant Osun women with all the jiggle physics

UNLESS I CAN PLAY AS A CUTE GIRL THEN YOUR GAME CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF

And I mean actually cute not all this gross angular and ugly freakish shit these SJW devs keep giving us.

Poorly balanced endgame and bugs on release. That's literally it.

Shame, because it was fun to play. Especially when it went F2P and I went back to play with Holla Forums

Best part of the game was dungeons and player housing.

The SJWs are gone and there are barely ANY devs left. Almost all the devs were let go and the ones left have been trying to fix shit and add new quality of life improvements.

They had to merge all the servers into just two PvE servers, one for each region. There is a PvP toggle that lets you keep PvP on and earn extra shit while it is on.

I miss Warhound

Game was shit. Simple as that really.

Dead game.

HOW CAN NO ONE CHECK THESE SICK DIGITS???