NX Rumors: Cartridges confirmed edition

Some neofag user found out that in the trademark listings (here: tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4803:3u4vvr.15.1 ) of Zeldo Botw, in the "Goods and Services" section, they mention "videogame cartridges" (and "videogame memory cards") along with the usual disks and digital media. No other wii u game lists cartridges, while obviously 3DS' games do.

Couldn't it just be a 3DS port?

Probably not

Does that mean that NX won't be backward compatible (or at least not directly, meaning using the game disks)?

Maybe a portable NX port. The 3DS is getting old and the N3DS isn't doing the console any favors, so it'd make sense to come up with a new portable.

Preferably one that shares it's architecture with the home NX, allowing for shit like crossplay, off-TV play and easier porting of games.

Isn't it much more likely that you're just a retarded faggot for ever listening to rumors?

FUCK YOU NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Except this isn't a rumor you inbred nigger, this is the actual trademark listing for BOTW.

It doesn't necessarily mean the NX will rely exclusively on cartridges, but it pretty much means BOTW WILL be released as a cartridge at some point.

Memory cards are literally the most evil thing ever invented by the game industry right after Peter Moore

They're the fucking spawn of the devil, they're trash, they're absolutely, undeniably, positively trash on every single level.

FUCK MEMORY CARDS

I guess the idea would be to get the optical drive out of the cost of the system? I wonder if it means no hard drive, either. The faster SD cards are not particularly cheap, so I wonder how that will work out.

Fuck that shit.

Are you retarded?

A memory card for holding saves wouldnt need to be nearly as expensive as storage for whole games

Christ Nintendo keep making shitter decisions, the wiiu handheld screen is really fucking great, all they need to do is just release it with better hardware

Why would anyone accept a memory card for holding saves at this point? They'll just put on board flash storage in the console.

Nigger are you fucking retarded
YOU CAN JUST PUT THE SAVE FILES ON AN USB

YOU'RE MAKING ME SO MAD user I SWEAR TO GOD

What?
You do realise I'm talking about hardware, not software?

There is nostalgia and then there is retardation. Memory cards were not as fun as you seem to think they were. Just an expensive hassle

Just bantering user. I like poking FOSS anons. They usually sperg entertainingly when you say some dumb shit.

If that "memory card" that is mentioned here is just some sort of Nintendo adaptor where you can put an SD card then i'm fine with that.

but why
you can just put the save file in the fucking hard disk
what is the fucking point of putting in a fucking SD card

That's not an adequate reason for using a proprietary storage format, which will inherently be more expensive than the universal equivalent.

Tell that to Nintendo nigger.
If that's mentioned here then there's nothing you can do.

will it be a gameboy cartridge so I can play zeldz on the go

what
DLC characters aren't in the save file

Don't you think I missed the retarded shit you wrote

thats why i deleted it retard

You still posted it

and then i realised it didn't make sense

I don't really get it though.
We've got Blu Ray disks nowadays.
Why a cartridge?

And now you will be shamed for it

dayum son

whatever you say bud

here you go

Nostalgia basically. Unless they can make a catridge with better technology for vidya.

Catrdiges have no/extremely fast load times.

What if it has a universal cartridge slot for their old systems which allows you to play them with achievement support?

That would be incredibly stupid

This isn't really accurate. 3DS has load times. They are shorter because they are physically loading less data.

When talking about read speed, a console using cartridges would not be competing with the read speed of a Blu-ray optical drive. It's competing with the read speed of a standard 5400rpm HDD.

That would be too good for Nintendo and retarded at the same time because the Virtual Console exist for a reason.

That'd be hilarous
It's retarded though

Yeah but they still can't hold anywhere near the amount current Blu Ray disks are capable of holding.
Unless they've made some breakthrough.

Cartridges means no loading times, smaller console and no moving parts, not to mention sd cards nowadays are way bigger than blurays and that a sd reader is cheaper than a disk driver. The only downside is that disks are way cheaper, but both the Vita and the 3DS use them (don't know about the psvita but a normal 3ds game cartridge has 8 gb capacity) and their games aren't absurdly expensive.

It's not going to be catridges anyways.
Not even current year nintendo is that retarded.

No, this isn't accurate. An SD card can hold much more data than even a triple layer Blu-ray disc. The question is the cost difference.

Wow that was hard.
Tied to online accounts so that point is moot.

Firstly, that makes no sense.
Secondly, why the fuck would they pass up on the chance to sell you VC roms?

No, it doesn't.
Right, that's correct.

Gas yourself cardcuck

WEW

We totally got Pokemon SkyBlue, right guys?

Yeah, but it was renamed leaf green

I find it mostly troubling that downloadable electronic game programs is right at the top of the list.

Storage cards for extra space to download from Nintensteam confirmed.

NX may use cartridges, but this is hardly proof of anything. Trademark categories are a dartboard.

Go find any other Nintendo software trademark and you'll see the same exactly the same categories.

IIRC the saturn could play Genesis carts

No news yet of a 3rd controller?

They might be doing the Famicom disk writer part two. You go into a store with a blank cart and the clerk writes it onto your cart. You can overwrite it later if you want with another game, or buy more carts for other games.

It would keep retail involved in the process, but remove most of the cost overheads with regards to physical and it would meet the goals of all large publishers in that it would eliminate a lot of used game sales. Basically pull a less obvious version of what Microsoft tried to do with Xbox One.

You are
R
E
T
A
R
D
E
D

Just because it doesn't have a disc drive doesn't mean it's not backwards compatible.

you just gotta rebuy everything from the eshop :^)

It's all your fault.

I think its to prevent piracy after what happened with the psp, wii, wii u, and 3ds. Dont allow any kind of outside storage so hackers (not sure what to call them) cant crack the system.

Because that worked SO WELL with the vita? Nintendo is fucking retarded is they actually do this.

It's alphabetical order

some don't have an internal HDD

Also with nintendo products to transfer over to a new machine you have to have BOTH DEVICES powered on

so if one breaks you're utterly fucked if you didn't buy your shit with a NINID

The glory days have returned boys.

And make a bad console in the process
The only way to stop piracy is to put good games on the console and stop being absolute jews with prices.

3DS games are expensive as shit, stuff that came out at launch is still 30+ euros.

And the eshop has the same exact prices as retail… When the game came out… Without any good sales.

Well, it is nintendo, and nintendrones will buy this shit.

Tangible items will never be "phased out". People will always want to hold things in their hands.

oy vey

They're not, your implications are wrong sorry.

GET IN THE FUCKING TRASH, RIGHT NOW

wew lad

Git gud

why get scammed in a shop when you can just get them for 1/10th of the price on ebay

nigga u wot

Smt raidou 1 is 35 on ebay. I got it for 10 at my local game story.

One game is hardly all of them

dragon quest 8

Aye my anime collection is a bunch of flash drives.

HOWEVER for consoles physical IS SUPERIOR.

Compare the prices on PSN with those at your local game store.

Nintendo are even bigger Jews than Sony/MS.

Hi guys, I work for Nintendo of America and I'm here to end the speculation. Please don't ask for ID since obviously I'm under a NDA. The NX won't be using cartridges to store game data. In fact, it also won't be using discs, memory cards or even digital downloads. Instead, the NX is going to be using another storage form which allows for increased space and a far more rich, warm gaming experience - vinyl.
Any questions?

Most ps2 games arent much more than 10 on ebay anyway, unless they are really obscure/rare games, but at that point you probably wont find them at the store anyway.

This is what's known colloquially as "covering your bases." Just as those patents don't necessarily indicate shit about the NX. We aren't going to know dick for sure until Nintendo tells us.

i thought you were gonna say amiibos

are you the REAL Big Dick?

that would be amazing

I would die in both rage and laughter

Shut up micro-penis

d-don't laugh please

Jokes on you, my browser doesn't support mp4s

Are you using Windows XP or something?

Yeah! DS style cartridges in a console! Thank god!
Why live…