Marin from Link's Awakening joins Hyrule Warriors

This is getting out of hand. They don't know who to add to the game to sell more DLCs.

Link's Uncle dies in the fray!

I mean, was it really that hard for them to work it out?

One job, koei. You had one fucking job.

They're adding one of the most iconic characters from Link's Awakening which is reasonable, probably Linebeck and Byrne or Zelda possessing the armor will be the Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks representatives in the same vein. Don't remember if Link Between Worlds is getting a representative but that'll be a challenge of its own given how fucking bland LBW was, the only logical one is Ravio.

I can't really think of any other Link's Awakening characters that could've served as representatives, honestly.

Link's highest-rank gauntlets + ball & chain weapon is already Power Gloves and a chain-chomp

But they already did

Nigga, they're so thirsty for girls they'll make broken casca a playable character eventually. That's how it's always been.

Doesn't help for Dynasty Warriors that there really aren't that many historically relevant women, Diaochan's existence is flat-out debatable despite how important she is to their story for Lu Bu and Lingqi is probably just their way of reusing Lu Bu's DW6 pinwheel because they liked the design. Notice how a lot of the female roster is just the wives or sisters of each faction's leader.

The majority of females in Dynasty Warriors likely existed in real life but obviously have absolutely nothing in common with their DW counterparts other than existing. Several of them, like Lingqi and Diaochan, don't even exist in reality.
Not that any of this matter since every DW after 5 is shit anyway

I don't see the problem

Christ, that game must be a fucking goldmine of profits. Low effort musou DLC + ravenous, game-starved fanboys = big bux.

For fuck's sake Nintendo, would you put in Nabooru already!? We know Gerudo can fight and she can use an Iron Knuckle as a super!

Not weeb-looking and attractive enough

Lingqi existed, she was just such a footnote her name was never recorded. They basically created her from scratch.
Don't talk nonsense, they went back to the classic formula for 7 and 8

Oh shit. I should probably actually unlock those

this shit is only for 3ds?

Most of the non-existent woman are the fault of Romance of the Three Kingdoms like with Diaochan being a motivation for Lu Bu to turn traitor against Dong Zhuo, Koei does a pretty good job with the story and if anything I like that Shu ends up the typical anime good-guys with a focus on heroics while Wei ends up a more realistic good guy with a focus on Cao Cao's meritocratic approach to recruitment and promotion befitting of best faction

If it works how it worked with the Wind Waker characters, you can unlock her on the Wii U version.

just add a mask and she will sell

There's a 3DS version and a Wii U version, Wii U version is far more graphically impressive but has a butt-ton of DLC while the handheld game you can tell is supposed to look far better than it does and has framerate troubles but has all Wii U DLC (along with a couple exclusive things Wii U will never get) and is retooled around the DLC as a complete game.

Framerate troubles are far more noticeable on a normal 3DS so play it on a New 3DS if possible, it's one of the few games that takes advantage of the higher specs.

Wii U gets characters and I think costumes for DLC but doesn't get the adventure maps.

Fuck you haters, my dick is happy

Off the top of my head the 3DS exclusives are being able to change heroes in the middle of a battle (necessitating an entire game redesign and rebalance to accommodate it), two Wind Waker maps based off of Windfall/Forsaken Fortress and Earth/Wind Temples, a Wind Waker adventure map and DLC adventure maps, and an Ocarina item and a Hammer item alongside bombs and such.

OH! Marin from Links Awakening.
That is the oddest choice I think they could have gone with.
I'd sooner think they'd go with Ravio or Hilda.

Classic formula doesn't mean shit when the game is balanced around one-shotting everything and the AI is so retarded that you can literally mash square to win. It just stands there and blocks, occasionally taking a swipe if you wait long enough without doing anything. Hell, the first thing I did when I fired up DW8 was start Wei 1 on the hardest difficulty. I turned around at the start, ran at Lu Bu, and mashed square. I won. It pisses me off so much because I got to watch Musou actually become the button-mashing meme reviewers always accused it of being

I haven't beaten the Master Quest map yet and I'm already a 100 hours in. I don't know how long it will take for me to beat the Master Quest, Termina and Twilight maps so that I can start playing through the DLC content.

About fucking time, you don't know how angry it makes me that they're all for referencing every fucking game in the series EXCEPT Links Awakening and the Oracles games, my heart goes out to my niggas whose favorite game is Ages or Seasons, I know your pain well.

Ah yes, that's a donut steel character from some novel, right ? Even before reading that on the wiki I never played her because something felt way off about that character. Doesn't help she's from fucking Shu.

Considering Link's Awakening is the best in the series, I am okay with this.

Also

LONG LIVE THE WIND FISH!

They know exactly what they're doing.

Looks like someone didn't get lucky

I wonder if it will ever be ported for the Wii U.
But, one thing about Linkle. Boots. Arrows and Boots. These are EXACTLY the same weapons of Dragon's Crown Elf! They are not even trying to hide it anymore. Someone at KT really enjoyed Dragon's Crown.

Now, that being said… I wonder how would it look like to have a Dragon's Crown Musou. Imagine Vanillaware and KT working together on a musou game, imagine the lewds!
And, in fact, Dragon's Crown already created plenty of characters in the game's lore that could work really well in a Musou title.

They could even make the dwarf call some friends and go "Cho Aniki Mode", just to piss those retards even more.
Imagine.

Actually, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks is only getting one representative. A Link Between Worlds is the one getting two. At least according to the wiki page keeping track of the info for the DLC.

Knowing that, I'm gonna assume that the PH/ST rep is probably gonna be Byrne, as it would be more effort than the devs would ever put in to give Linebeck a distinct presence and playstyle when Tetra is already in. LBW will probably get Ravio and that queer Yuga to round out the villain side.

What's the point

Dude the Sorceress figma looks like shit.
Elf and Amazon are 10\10 doe

It's the principle of the thing. There are so many characters who are far more prevalent (or at least recent) in the series and who are already combat-capable, it's hard to justify why the felt the need to dig up a dusty old waifu character and randomly give her phenomenal war magic.

What I'm trying to say is, I wanted Ashei.

It's about game representation. TP already has both forms of Midna and Zant. Maron is getting in because she's pretty much the most well-known Link's Awakening character.

Excuse you, Marin is FAR from old and dusty. She may have been from a Game Boy game but as far as story and fun her game completely obliterates new-age Zelda games. I have no idea why they're choosing now of all times to celebrate Link's Awakening, but I'm not complaining because this is the first time in fucking YEARS that they've come anywhere near acknowledging Link's Awakening even exists.

I'll have you know pointy noses make my dick hard

I get it, I really do. The whole point of the game is to resurrect and bring together iconic characters from past titles in what passes in Nintendo hardware as HD high action crossover free-for-all. And I also acknowledge that a series such as Zelda, where the protag is literally the sole effective warrior and not every supporting character was given a fully detailed identity, at least some characters are in due to being the only ones noteworthy in their title at all and need to be given a revamp to stand on the level. It just tests some people suspension of disbelief. it's not bad or unacceptable, but it still does, because Marin wasn't known for being some for-doom-the-bell-tolls Goddess of Death. People will get used to it in time, I'm just happy others are happy. The Ashei comment was mostly facetious, she was kinda bland anyway.

Makes linkle look like a shitty rip off

With all the characters they've added I wonder what they're going to do for the inevitable sequel. Different default characters with Cia, Lana, etc as DLC? That seems dull.

The only issue I've had with Hyrule Warriors is there aren't enough maps for the fucking retarded amounts of repetition in the various Adventure modes. At least they change the enemies and objectives, sometimes lock up some keeps or throw some cuccoos in to keep it from being mind-numbing. But the lack of environmental variety sticks out. Also fuck Gerudo Desert, that place is huge and you always, always have to circumnavigate it like two or three times

They've referenced Link's Awakening tons of times. The fucking owl who wouldn't shut up, Malon and Talon from Ocarina all originated in Link's Awakening and I think there was a Wind Fish in Phantom Hourglass (never actually played it)

Fucking when.

ALBW is getting 2 if I recall. Ravio is a shoe in and my guess for the other would be Hilda.

But he was the best cyborg, he can't be Jewish

Hey look, I found the missing Linkelle!

Well that spoilering fucking failed.

I want to examine Marin's chest.

Would you play it?

Delete was supposed to be tekete

she a cute,

I will always carry the feels from the bittersweet ending of Link's Awakening.

One day I will come back to save you, Marin.

Hyrule Warriors has so many best girls.

Oh shit son, I called it. You guys did promise to never forget her right?

Malon was supposed to be the reincarnation (or return, whatever) of Marin. Same for Link's sister in WW, with the flower pattern.

No Linebeck no buy

That will never fail to piss me off.
For what purpose did they do that?

Linebeck is a slut

You're a dumb fuck OP. It's called Waifu Warriors for a reason. There are only like 2 waifus of Zelda lore that are on equal terms with Marin. 1 was in the game at launch and the other has yet to appear.

Yes, we need MORE Ocarina of Time characters. Why don't we add Saria, Rauru, the Bean Seller and the singing frogs too?

Ocarina, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword all got the fucking forefront of this entire game. We don't need anymore characters from them.

Fuck off with your midna shit

It's not Ocarina's fault Ocarina has tons of cool characters.

best fucking girl

Goddamn it, Koei. She's not that young.

Zelda has plenty of "cool" characters from the entire franchise.

Hyrule Warriors is supposed to be a game about fan service, which it already broke it's back over with the main game (Ocarina and Twilight Princess got all those story elements, maps and songs remixed.)

So It's weird to me seeing people not appreciate them going beyond that. Marin is a godsend for me since LA was my favorite game. But most of what I've seen is people wondering why Malon wasn't added instead.

If Din and Nayru got added to the roster I would expect similar kind of reaction.

There's not as much depth as you think. The bulk of Zelda's characters come from Ocarina. Majora's characters are just Ocarina's characters reskinned. The Oracle games' characters are either Ocarina's characters or Link's Awakening's characters. Beyond that, the further back you from Ocarina the fewer supporting characters there are to choose from. What are they gonna do, make the Old Man from the original Zelda a playable character?

Ocarina has the biggest cast, it makes sense that Ocarina's got the most representation.

Pretty sure Marin and Malon are the same person. At least they're both redheads (as Zelda from Zelda 1)
Marin's father is Tarin, right? That big guy who was obsessed with mushrooms and totally is not Mario.
Well, time to wake up back in Hyrule…
Now Marin is Malon, Tarin is Talon.
And they live in Lon-Lon ranch.
(How are their names in japanese? I guess it must be even more obvious because R & L are the same letter).

Wheres my CD-I Link, I want to bomb Dadangoos

I'm actually glad they're giving us fanboys what we want.
I'm not getting this immediatly but I'm glad they are doing this and they're giving an example on how to make everyone happy.

Veran's the only original one.

Onox is just an Iron Knuckle, until he turns into a Grand Dragon

Ralph's sprite is just Richard's sprite from Link's Awakening, as are many of the sprites from the Oracle games. They use many of Link's Awakening's assets.

Question is, would you pay? Personal favorite would be cartoon Link from DiK. The salt would be great.

Ah, but which cartoon Link? OG, or Captain N?

Oracle of Seasons/Ages skin for shota Link when?

Who could they add from Zelda 2? They already got a dark link costume

user. You know it has to be OG. Now imagine how buttblasted the anons will be. And the special would be him saying, "Excuse me Princess" God the salt from his reveal alone would satisfy for a long time.

Milf Zelda.

(Checked from hell)

I'd laugh actually. I imagine a lot of people would. Of course, Nintendo would never do it because they like to pretend all that shit never happened.

Does the guy who voiced Link still work? Or is he dead?

I never said characters, I said content

This shit is why a Fire Emblem Musou would be better than Hyrule Warriors. Even if they only add notable characters from the series, they'll have plenty who make sense as fighters.

Who cares if they "make sense", as long as they're fun to play?

He's still alive albeit not doing voiceovers as much these days.

They would be fun, because they would have actual movesets that aren't full retard.

No thanks.

Came here to post this. Did you see Genei #FE? All the FE references are shadow dragon and fucking awakening.

You're complaining about illogical movesets in a game series where wearing bunny ears can make you run faster, among other things.

Bruh, I can pull easy characters out of my ass right now.
Moveset similar to Smash, based around the tip of the Falchion and speedy attacks.
Slower, more armored character. Uses a large sword and a bow. I haven't played Gaiden so I'm just going by what I know about him and his class
Mounted character, uses a lance.
Heavily based around evasion, with magic weapons that let him keep a combo going at range
Moveset based on Smash 4, but touched up. Based around setting shit on fire and getting right in their face.
She's already in Smash, just make her the stereotypical samurai type. Fast, critical hits, etc. Can use bows too.
Smashes shit with his giant assfuck axe. Let hin use Armads since it can zap people.
Ice Climbers style character, both at once. Let you swap who's in the lead, or have Eirika do light attacks and Ephraim heavy.
Like he is in Smash
Light-magic based caster.
Rogue, uses knives. Add in throwing knives as an option for him.
This is just a first pass. You can throw in dragons and villains and characters from the new games too. Plus there's always the option of non-lords who are iconic within their class, like Merric.

Because the movesets are shit, whereas bunny ears making you run fast is an established thing in the series. It's silly but you kind of accept it because magic masks and stuff. They're reaching hard for character choices and it's obvious.

I'm not saying other characters wouldn't work, I'm saying they wouldn't make them period. As far as Nintendo's concerned, FE characters from games prior to Awakening that weren't in Smash don't exist.

Doesn't change the fact that overdoing one game is a retarded. Especially when it's post DLC for your handhend version.
What was that sarcastic statement I made about Rauru and the singing frogs? Because we're already near that point.

I'm sorry you can't see past Ocarina in terms of usable characters.

Nah, it's cause some of the people making these things actually like the characters/games they're from. One of the staff members said Marin was his favorite character, when asked. And there was a similar thing that happened with Agitha from Twilight Princess.

There really aren't many more. The only avenue, other than Ocarina and Twilight Princess, that they could really mine is Wind Waker

Not when it was first introduced in the games. My point is that the Zelda games aren't afraid of getting silly, Musou, especially cross-over Musous, is rather silly in concept, and complaining that the two put together in a fanservice-laden game has some weird playable characters is ridiculous. There are plenty of "valid" fighters in the series, they just aren't concerned with adhering to this silly notion of needing to stick to them.

Is this you first Koei game?

You've never played a musou game, have you?

>meanwhile RuneScape musou never

Why not that faggot villain with the painting powers? Or Irene?

Well you're wrong on that count, but even if you weren't… What you're forgetting is that this a musou fan-service game to Zelda fans. This isn't Smash brothers. They've turned bosses into humans so they could be playable, and they've taken several characters who don't even fight and did the same.

So the whatever is making you go "they couldn't possibly use -this- character due to another character vaguely resembling him or not being important to me!" isn't really an excuse, or something that would stop Koei-Tecmo.

I mean, Just off of the top of my head I know we have Agahnim, Ralph, Din, Nayru, Veran, Onox, Vaati, Linebeck, Yuga.

So theres no need or point to continue to throw in Ocarina characters at this point. Maybe if they do a second Hyrule Warriors, but not now.

I thought about Nabooru's weapon being something like a sand glaive. It's primary element is light but the blazing sands can set enemies on fire. The sand glaive is enveloped in a whirlwind of sand that constantly tears away at enemies around Nabooru.

The more hits she lands the more sand she makes. The sand glave is primarily a thrusting weapon for combos, but it has a wide swing. And the more sand you have the more powerful and wider your attacks get.

What's wrong with the twin swords Gerudo typically use?

Either or could work. As long as it has the theme of sand I'm fine with it.

I'm torn.
It's a great game aside from that, though.

B-but Link's Awakening is my favorite

I agree, it's stupid as fuck. Just let the game die already

I'm waiting to see if the game will end up being on the NX. Having a complete version with better visuals/performance seems like a logical thing to do, after they're done with these DLC packs.

Hyrule Warriors Legends XL Complete Edition NX

No buy

Why can't Holla Forums like fun things?

I won't fall for your lies, Satan!

Still missing
I hope they add the Shade

these are the only sensible choices
Marin and Linkle a shit

Well fuck me, I didn't even consider Yuga. Probably because he's the blandest fucking villain in the whole series and he's such a colossal bitch he needed to revive Ganon and then absorb him before Ganon even had time to regain consciousness to have any increment of power.

Plenty of better choices for LttP representation.

I'm really hoping for Irene. Not only is she another cute waifu, but she has the potential for an interesting moveset.

(Maple from Ages/Seasons would have been even better, with her UFO and vacuum cleaner, but they sadly seem determined to ignore those games.)

Hilda seems unlikely given that she already exists as a palette swap for Zelda (which is really all she is anyway).

Paintfag and Taxiwitch seem like the most likely reps.

So how many characters will be locked behind in the Berserk game? I bet they'll have Guts in his Berserk armor be a dlc character, and skull knight.

But this is the same Nintendo that keeps letting NoA dick us in the face

I have to assume Koei is the reason behind this