Star Ocean Thread

Was thinking of picking up the ps4 remaster in a week or so. I havnt played a star ocean game since the psx. Is this one worth playing?

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/2016/06/21/star-ocean-5-hands-on-preview-rpg-parties-have-never-felt-so-full/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They changed the panties of a character for all versions (even in Japan) out of SJW fear.

Other than that, here's some gameplay and previews:
nichegamer.com/2016/06/21/star-ocean-5-hands-on-preview-rpg-parties-have-never-felt-so-full/

isn't this the one they censored because the japs thought "thats just what america wants I guess"?

Pretty much.

Japan only see's western mainstream.
So they hear all the misogyny talk.

They have their own SJWs (>>>/gamergatehq/325256) so if you talk to Jap devs via email/twitter/spamming live stream chats, you can use that.

Pics related.
First is showing how SJW/Western AAA want Jap devs out for bigger market control.
The rest are how to beat them and explain to Japan properly.

i saw this as a screenshot. what exactly did they change?

i tried a star ocean game and it was fucking shit, generic, awful looking characters with generic personalities and a generic space plot.

i think it was Till The End Of Time.

is it the black sheep of the series or is the entire series like that?

They're all shit

well, that sucks, JRPGs have really decayed since the days of chrono trigger, wild arms and breath of fire.

Did it have sprites or 3D models?
Star ocean got hit by a truck when it moved from 2D to 3D.

Oops
>>>/gamergatehq/325256

There are some good games coming to it soon. Not worth buying now, but might be next year for 200~ dollars.

Tl;dr
You gamergays really need to stop being so insufferable. And give me the cliffnotes version.
The second bit, mostly.

But next year the Neo is coming out Goy, just think lf all the games comibg out for it in 4 years

Hows that 400 dollar paperweight?

The first two are good.

I never owned a ps3 and they were only like $100 difference in price. ps4 has a bunch of remastered ps3 games and ps2 games with a bunch more planned, and 3 worthwhile exclusives.

But the PS3 has piracy and a much bigger library + can play pretty much all ps2, ps1 and psp games.
Sounds to me that you are just a massive pleb tbh

Best Gen, no doubt

I own a psx and ps2. i'll own a ps3 when it gets cheap enough, or slim enough.

good reading comprehension.

Sounds fucking gay. count me out.
Call them slanty eyed rice niggers for me.

Is this supposed to be sarcastic?
Are you this dumb?
Do you think thats an insult that can be randomly thrown around or something?

Pic didnt fucking upload

Japs are already starting to modify games to suit western tastes before localization even touches them because mobile games are killing traditional consoles in their home customer base. It is small now but it is only going to get worse.

remasters and promises were obviously not the sole reason for my decision.

Then they better enjoy their hot garbage not selling.

Reminder that this game is all sorts of fucked up and isn't even worth it if it was never censored in the first place.

This game needs a SO5.1 version that fixes the most of these flaws before it's even worth playing. For reference, it's more than half of on Amazon JP and it came out earlier this year. It did that bad.

Actually you can switch characters during combat. Read that info from a review. Most likely you can't switch off the bat like in Tales games. Sorry for spreading bullshit.

Gas yourself.

You know if you would actually quote people properly you might realize I was saying the game isn't worth playing even if it was never censored. Not once did I say ignore it or that it wasn't a problem. People are so focused on the politics around games instead of focusing on the game its self. No I'm not implying censorship doesn't effect the game but you guys ONLY talk about that despite the game being out for a while with reviews on YouTube for us people who can't read moon.

No one talks about the crafting system (there are vids on this too), the 7 man combat (a double edged sword on its own), or how the plot takes place before 3. Which makes me think the people who come to these threads only care about censorship drama and not about the game its self.

Take your tiresome attempted derailing from the important matter of Japanese devs self censoring and shove it directly up your apologist ass. The subjective quality of the game is a secondary concern, the important thing is finding a way to keep what happened to the west from happening to Japan.

That's actually not what he said.

Trying to talk about the game is now fowned upon compared to the politics around it? All you guys do is make diaper puns in these threads instead of posting how to actually solve the problem. Though people are already trying to sway the devs on their twitter. All I'm asking is if we can actually discuss the game because that's mainly what I care about. The stupid censorship has been talked to death and these threads just fade into obscurity because you guys talk about nothing else. You keep trying to paint this as I don't care about the censorship when in reality it has just been talked to death to the point that there's nothing else to add.

yes you can, that is the topic of the thread. You need to ignore idiots if they're going to go on a tirade and attack everybody in the thread, hence not really making any form of discussion.

What is the story of SO5 and how does it set the SO universe in the scheme of things.

According to this it has a broken crafting system and mindless gameplay that encourages spamming attacks. Even in the video you can see him spamming armor attacks over and over while the big monsters never flinch or dodge. I'm assuming he's not playing the hardest mode though. The game is actually 20 hours long with tons of item grinding for the stronger materials and you can break the game with crafting half way through the game.

An underage female in a mini-skirt had very tiny panties. Not a thong but her cheeks were sticking out. They edited it to be granny panties, or what the kids are calling it today a "diaper", because they were told that Americans don't like sexualizing underage girls. Both sides of the argument are stupid imo. It's a dumb thing to change and a petty thing to bitch about.

tl:dr?

The content is nothing to be upset over, but the mindset is what worries people. Having to censor games just for the western audience because of a vocal minority. All versions of the game being effected by this. It was never an issue in the first place and now devs are altering their games out the box to appease people who don't even play video games. Next times, it could be something actually important.

He gave you a TL:DR. But to truly grasp everything you need to actually read it.

Where's my Star Ocean Till the End of Time HD remake for the Vita?
I never got to finish that game, but I remember it being fantastic. Wasn't that the most popular SO? The first two got remade for the vita, so how likely would it be for the third to get remade for the Vita?

People said the same thing about Bravely Default's censorship. Give these people an inch, and they take a galaxy.

Any discussion outside of the censorship (even shitting on it), will tacitly encourage others to think about this game, and therefore be more likely to purchase it. That is wrong and must be prevented at all costs.

It's censored. It's deserving of the garbage bin, and nothing more.