ITT: Shitty manufacture

ITT: Shitty manufacture

Why are Microshit so god damned incompetent with their controllers? I've gone through at least 3-4 controllers already simply from normal use. I've bought my controllers used or off of friends, which haven't been used at all and I burned through them all as well. If I try to use the controllers with worn out thumbsticks, it depends on the game what will happen. If the game require precise movement, I'm completely fucked. If I try to move in any direction, the character I'm moving will move, then stop for a second, and then move again, making his movements jerky and spastic. Nothing drives me up the wall more than not being able to move correctly. In a game like Dead Rising, it can mean going from a regular jog to doing that slow fucking tackle attack that leaves me open to attack, just from simply holding down the thumbstick in a direction, even though I'm not doing the double forward-tap motion.

I know this is just a minor complaint, but what's baffling to me is that I've played with my PS2 far longer than I have my 360. How in the flying blue fuck are the PS2's controllers, which are over 10 years old by now, so god-damned sturdy, when the 360's controllers wear out in a year's worth of use? It's not like I'm playing any games that are thumbstick intensive in any way, just whatever that I can find. Most games just require regular movement and don't need me to wiggle the thumbsticks like a maniac. Why, instead of the company using proper materials, am I supposed to open up my controllers to fix them? Or why should I buy those little thumb things that are supposed to go on your worn thumbstick? I can play even without the god damned plastic, but this just shows either poor planning or another "cunning" business decision, that the controllers are DESIGNED to wear out.

Bull fucking shit.

PS1 and 2 hardware weer manufactured in Japan. Xbox shit is manufactured in, at best, Taiwan.

What kind of PS3 controllers do you have? Mines thumbsticks are loose and melting

There is a difference between shoddy hardware and treating your electronics like shit.

It's weird, in my case my 2002 PS2 controllers have been more or less broken since 2006 whereas my 360 pad from that year has been going strong despite being knocked around like a redheaded stepchild.

Also, they did make wired 360 pads (which were about $10 cheaper than wireless ones) but nobody bought them because they were too caught up on muh wireless.

mabye that explains the xbox fanbase

Gotta say, the PS4 controllers and my Vita's analog sticks are pretty shoddy too. The left stick on both has a massive dead zone at a 45° angle.

Fucking Sonyjew cutting corners.

I've been using my DS4 for the past 2 years with my PS4 and PC and it still works with no problem. All I had to do was buy those protections for the sticks

I use horipad for ps2 since 2013, mostly for 2d / doujinsi title. And have ps3 hori pad for 3d games. Still in the perfect condition.
There is plenty soft what can emulate xinput.

My vita's analogue stick was about to go, so i sold it all before it was worthless.

Planned obsolescence

Too bad dualshock controllers are made for nips and westerners with bitch hands, not to mention the awkward positioning of the left stick.

All the Playstation hardware (apart from the PS2 console itself) and all of the Xbox hardware apart from the last model of original Xbox console dies so fucking quick it's not funny.
How the fuck does Nintendo's shit last for so long?
I have 3 Super Nintendos all of which work.
The only thing I know that they've fucked up on is the N64 joystick dying fast and the white thumbsticks on classic controllers turning green quick.

kek

God damn, could you be any more of a nintendo fanboy?

And i'm somehow a fanboy.
You know i'm right. Everything else they do is shit now but that hardware works pretty damn well. Stop your console war bullshit

Take it back to your fucking blog you cuckold consolefag.

I dont know if I want comfort over quality but I use a xbone controller for my PC, its lasted pretty well already no damage

is your xbone PC controller corded-only? I noticed with the 360 the corded ones last for ages (none of mine have broken) but the battery ones die in 2 years

yeah cord, its lasted far longer than my friends wireless
although serves him right for buying a cuckbox

Just buy a controller maintenance kit(those cost literal cents most of the times) and you'll be able to make your controllers last for years.

Ps controller is far better if you have baby non-american hands.
It was designed for Japan after all.

maybe if I start collecting more old consoles or something but none of them need maintainance yet.

6ft bong here and I need that large hand comfort, baby hands are mutants

Controller maintenace kits just include the conductive rubber parts most of the time, since that's usually what breaks.
This is why they cost less than a dollar.

you forgot the obligatory

I had an 260 controller which was in use for easily 5 years before the thumb sticks started wearing off.

I had my ps4 controller a month before the rubber had completely worn off the thumbsticks.

If you're not going to be using the controller for a while, ie downloading shit, press and hold the PS button between the sticks for 10+ seconds.

As for turning it off period, there are some videos on YT of how to do it. No soldering or fancy shit required.

All of my DS3's I've ever had never lasted more than a year.
Because these stupid joysticks sweat out their glue in the heat every fucking summer.
They get a sticky shiny glaze from it, and the rubber becomes loose and slides around.

every fucking year.