For those unaware, this was some shooter made by the DoA/Ninja Gaiden dev that got pretty poor reviews and sales...

nichegamer.com/2016/06/23/online-features-for-devils-third-are-getting-shut-down-in-japan/

For those unaware, this was some shooter made by the DoA/Ninja Gaiden dev that got pretty poor reviews and sales, and was stuck in dev hell. Anyways, they're shutting down services for the multiplayer and this shit aint even a year old, probably thanks to the fact that a F2P version is coming out on PC.

Its already dead in North America, I wont be surprised if they pulled the plug.

Fuckem, ninja gaiden 2 was the last good one anyway and even that one showed signs of casualisation

That's kinda sad.

In a Wii U game at that.

Wew it never had a chance, looked fun though.

I wonder what happened exactly. Did it even sell well in Japan? What did Oatmeal Cookie say about it after release?

at least the campaign was pretty fun.

any lewds

So not even Nintendrones try to save face kept playing it?

I remember people were hyped for this game before the reviews started coming in.

I remember the

no.

At least this game gave us this

Most people didn't even know about it because NoA practically refused to show it off. Hell it wasn't even mentioned at E3 2015 despite it launching in 2 months.

Haven't seen any advertising and making it from PS3/Xbox360/PC to just WiiU was fucking stupid.

I blame THQ's demise and that faggot who wasted a billion dollars on uDraw.

From what I recall, the game was Amazon Japan exclusive. Why I have no idea, probably so there wouldnt be any sales figures on Media Crate. Besides that, nothing.

At least Oatmeal is softening the blow by launching the PC multiplayer in Japan, and the games now gonna be $30, but its still hard to recommend even at that price.

I was that guy…

Fuck me. I threw MN9 off a train track, now I'm scared to revisit this game to see it for what it is.

Never tried this because Wii-U but I heard the single player was meh and the multiplayer was amazingly original and good.

It's always sad to see games that try something like MGO or this come and go, and see see COD and FIFA servers outlive everything.

I guess that's to be expected though.

Cool meme

DAS RITE, name one good multiplayer game that isnt politically correct. Protip: you can't

Yeah, the single player is meh. But it was at least one of those mature games from this generation with actual and proper boss battles.