mediafire.com/download/69nwnnyodcb7jn4/blackice-patch-8.5-8.5.1.zip
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrnKzgGibBMl0CLM6zWPseqZHEHHX6SVr
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14971925/v2winfix.zip
discord.gg/zRFwq
archive.is/oSG2d
my.mixtape.moe/zgtvvs.hoi3
my.mixtape.moe/jijloz.hoi3
eu3wiki.com/Reputation
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/asimov-update-1-2-released-checksum-1b97-not-for-problem-reports.953141/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder that the current MP HOI3 game will continue at 19-20 UTC of Sunday.

Countries currently in use:

Join us at discord.gg/XQ6FD if you want to. It's not an official channel in any way or form, and subject to shafting if it becomes cancer.

Some user in last thread asked if there was a mod to fix patch 2.5 for CK2. I made a really simple mod that just kills infamy and shattered retreat, it can be downloaded on the Holla Forumsola (volafile.io/r/HF33Go) as Conclave Unfucked.

3RD FOR BREXIT

Are you using gog's version?

No, we are using the Steam one. GoG version has a different checksum, so we don't use it for multiplayer.

You don't need a legit version to play with us, though, a pirated one will work just as well. The archive doesn't have a steam version of the game(we need to fix this, but I have no idea who's the archive's owner), but we can upload one if you want it.

Question from the crowd: Is there any game who depicts the post 60's era? Late Cold War up to today?

East Vs. West :^)

:^(

Would be nice if you do. There is this kat.cr/hearts-of-iron-3-their-finest-hour-4-02-black-ice-3-1-mod-t8382151.html thing but it doesn't really say anything about steam or gog, though probably it is steam.

I believe the mega is owned by 4/gsg/ goons.

Thanks user

Very well, I made an account there and a backup of the archive, just in case. I'm uploading my HOI folder for you, but it might take a while to get it online because south american internet.

If I recall correctly that is the oner our host uses.

While I'm at it USA why is your neutrality so low?

Didn't someone want to fix the leak up to be somewhat playable?
Whatever became of that?

You're not supposed to look at other people's countries…

Also, it's confirmed: that's the one we use. You can download it.

Can do you a version that also removes the education changes, coalitions(is that what you meant with infamy), laws etc. I basically want to play 2.5 with none of its features, I just need that patch because it has some mods I like

Yeah to some extent it's dead now and I think there were some issues which couldn't be resolved without access to the source code.

I wasn't.
I continued as Japan and after starting marco-polo USA immediately joined the allies.

So what's yer favorite tracks in gsg games?

I like the Byzantine music from EUIV and CKII.

why are gsg's so shit now

Hey /gsg/, I played CKII and liked it a lot, and I would really like to try a XX century GSG, what game would you suggest I try?

Also, what's the difference between HoI III and Darkest Hour?

I see. The answer is: because I lowered it. it's amazing what you can do when you have complete disregard for your own people and they can't kick you out of the government.

I like listening to Ride of the Valkyries every time I open HOI3.

Top quality post

HOI3 is focused on the military aspect of the game + tactics and logistics. DH is deeper everywhere else.

Which one would you recommend more? Or any other game in that time period

I can't really recommend you stuff, I got into grand strategy games this year.

You can check marco antonio's channel for HOI3/4 videos to get a feeling of the game, though.
youtube.com/user/marcoan7onio/featured

Alright, thanks, I'd like to try some crazy stuff like uniting the americas and stuff like that

I have an i7 and a 780, is HPM so bloated I get shit performance? I really like HPM and don't want to play vanilla. How can I boost performance?

Play a better mod

Is this for HoI3 MP only?

The discord? Nope. We are the ones using it right now, but it's only 2 days old. Everyone else can use it as they wish.

HPM's the best Vicky 2 mod.

It's not even good.

And what do you recommend, dead and no longer updated Vickymod? The giant pile of shit that is Victoria Ultimate? The absolute trainwreck that is PDM?

They're too slow.

I did use this, but we need a better torrent. Also, apart from being bundled with an old version of BI, that version has a rar file in the map folder which is completely useless. It's an archive of files that are already there. If you downloaded that, you should delete it and save some disk space.

LOL

Eh, no reason to use Vickymod.
HPM is superior.

Brexit Edition when?
I want a game based on the modern world in which you can leave the EU and make people lose their shit.

Yeah, that's infamy. You can't gain it anymore so you can't pass thresholds for coalitions to form.
That's DLC. If you don't have Conclave or deactivate it you won't have these in patch 2.5.

How? I'm not tech savvy and always wanted to join a game

Step 1: Have the same checksum. GoG and Steam version have different checksums, and if you alter stuff in your files by installing manually instead of using your mod folder, you also fuck your checksum. The current checksum for the latest patch of TFH is GSKH.

Step 2: Select multiplayer and host a game on the web normally.

Step 3: Have everyone else select multiplayer, click on direct connect and put in your IP.

That's it. However, some have some connection issues when hosting - in my case, people can't see the games I host. Thankfully our host doesn't have this problem, people around the world(including me) connect to him without issues. Anyway, what I did to host to my irl friends was:

Step 4: Install Evolve. It's like a better/easier to set Hamachi, but any vpn should work.

Those are the steps for HOI3. I have no idea about the others, but the process should be similar - what I know is that HOI4 pirates can only connect to other pirates, like it was with DS3.

I'm amazed Anglos managed to do something right after two centuries of being the scourge of humanity.

It happened? Nice. Time to splurge on the stock market.

There an AAR for that?

Where can I get Black ICE 8.5? No paradox link please.

Thank you user, I'm the guy who asked for that bullshit-removing mod.

Is there a way to remove the bullshit laws and councils? Or is it DLC?

It doesn't appear to be on Moddb, sadly.

mediafire.com/download/41hy9pswd107q4x/blackice-installer_2.0.zip

Core mediafire.com/download/e9ig3rf3m9d07iy/blackice-latest-release.zip
MapCache mediafire.com/download/2zjqm3e4457n2wo/blackice-latest-map-cache.zip
Wallpapers mediafire.com/download/9l19c8771lltgm1/blackice-wallpaper-collection.zip
Patch 8.5.1 mediafire.com/download/69nwnnyodcb7jn4/blackice-patch-8.5-8.5.1.zip

Ok, i am a complete begginer to these types of games.
What would you recommend to play as a first game?

Victoria 2

EU3 then into CK2 and Victoria 2. Also HoI3 and Darkest Hour if you want world war stuff.

Choose a time period you like and start playing its game, playing EU4 is meaningless if all you want to do is play a game in WW2 period. HoI and EU game plays are too different

Any suggestion as to what stuff i try in Europa Universalis 3 or 4 with the Kingdom of Jerusalem in a timeline with no muslims because i removed kebab?

Should I?

Is Sengoku good?

Since it's on sale, are there any must have DLC for Crusader Kings 2? I'm sure this has been asked before so, I'm sorry.

Don't buy anything from Paradox any more.

B-but user, they're about to release fantasy Judge Dredd

CK2 is in a bad spot regarding DLC, because the latest patches are included in/require DLC, but DLC, especially the india one, fucks performance with CPU bloat.

i swear i read that shit as "tranny"
all the SJWs bullshit is making me lose my mind

It is Jewish DLC Similator 423. Looks like shit anyway.

I did too.

My old suggestion would have been CK2, but I think with the interface changes they've made with HOI4 its now the easiest point of entry to paradox.

Its easy to say 'start with a time period you like' but I personally found a bunch of the games overwhelming and unfun for a long time (I started with Vicky 1 then moves to ck1, but it took me forever to like EU3 and I still don't like EU4)

Stellaris is horribly broken and quite different from their usual affair so I wouldn't reccomend it. The games are pretty small in size anyway so you could yarhar a few of them and see what you like.

Might not hurt to watch a let's player to see the general gameflow before you start, since that will help you get into the swing of things. Arumba is a good mechanics based youtuber that does a bunch of paradox stuff, and if you don't care about an australian accent and somewhat dry commentary I'm personally starting a hoi4 playthrough on my TheInverseGentleman account (embedded).

So this is your own youtube channel? Why would you promote HoI4 anyway? Better start with something that it is not fucked up the ass instead of getting used to the most casualized game in the series.

I'd 100% suggest Arumba over me anyway, but occasionally I feel the need to pimp my own content.

I did an hour long rambling pointless video about my many problems with hoi4, and yeah its pretty broken and massively cassualised BUT the brokeness in HOI is mostly apparent to people who play these games a lot, not the general public, and it being casual means its easy enough to play without being overwhelmed.

I think someone who doesn't play this sort of game as often could get massive value out of a purchase because it might take 100-150 hours before the broken things start negatively affecting their experience, and at that point hopefully their understanding of HOI4 mechanics will make CK2 or EU4 (or vicky 2, which is still my favorite but I'm not sure its a good starting place) less intimidating.

Your right, the game is fucked up the ass for paradox lovers, but I think its that that makes it a good starting point for non paradox lovers. HOI3 will always be better than HOI4 for anyone that knows what they are doing, hell I probably prefer hoi2 broken as it was, but for someone new I think its fine.

As for 'promoting' HOI4, I doubt a 300 sub channel with about 10 active subs (I stopped doing it for a while and I think most people that watched my content grew out of it) I doubt I'll make much difference, its just what I feel like playing at the moment, possibly to justify spending money on the damned game. I'll be running a CK2 playthrough alongside it when I get around to recording it, although I'm not much a fan of a bunch of the conclave changes.

Streamlining

Get most of the dlc and update to 2.4.5. If you don't mind streetshitters of india, then you can get that too. I never really noticed the performance drop though because I regularly don't play that long.

Arumba for the other games, I've not been watching his hoi4 stuff but his EU4 content has always seemed mechanically sound. Is there someone you'd suggest for HOI then?

Yeah, that's DLC.

Legacy of Rome for retinues and muh Byzantium flavour, Old Gods for 867 start, pagans and adventurers, and Sword of Islam for Muslims are the "must have" DLC. Then there's a bunch of minor ones that you can get if they sound interesting.

Sons of Abraham if you want pilgrimages and college of cardinals or if you want to play as a literal Jew. Horse Fuckers Lords if you want nomads and dynamic mercs. Way of Life adds some RP features. Charlemagne pushes the start date to 769. Rajas of India if you don't want to poo in the loo. Republic if you want to play as a figurative Jew. Conclave is mostly considered shit and as the newest one it costs the most too.

I always liked Arumba for Factorio, from what I heard he's on some pills and since then his videos have become shit.

marc antonio is probably one of the best.
I'm not sure how is HoI4 videos are but his HoI3 seem to be good.

Every feature/mechanic Sengoku shares with CK2 is noticeably inferior in Sengoku. It also has a problem of large factions becoming an uncontrollable snowball of death.
That being said, it does have some unique features/mechanics that are enjoyable, and the game is the most aesthetically competent Paradox game by far.
It's not exactly a good game, especially when there exists a game that does almost everything better, but it's by no means bad. It's an interesting little gem that I would recommend playing at least once.

Dunno if it's the same, but everyone's favourite Portuguese autist and HoI wizard attempted the same

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrnKzgGibBMl0CLM6zWPseqZHEHHX6SVr

I'm playing SH Kaisserreich for the first time and have picked Austria. I then violently subjugated all the rightful Habsburg clay, took poland for daring to side with hungary, wiped out Serbia and Romania for trying to steal Bosnia and Transylvania, but now don't know what to do - only Austria and Slovakia are evaluated as national provinces. What now?

Also, how do I take provinces I have claims on from a puppet (the provinces are uncored and unclaimed by the puppet)? It refuses demand terrirory, and won't sell them in trade

I decided to play a game with my snowball Earth mod. All terrain except urban has been changed to arctic. Climate for the whole world has been changed to arctic. I decided to play as Axis Estonia. It took Germany until sometime in 42 to invade Poland and until October of 45 to invade France. SU attacked Germany when it had its border undefended, probably distracted with Greece. The game seems to be incredibly defensive and every offensive operation takes ages, especially during winter. Attrition is also severe. Even with tech, just being in an enemy's territory takes away a huge chunk of manpower. You have to slowly advance with the minimum amount of troops that you need, dig in, and make infra to get anywhere or else you will run out of MP. I have not seen positive temperature or an unfrozen province throughout the whole game. There's snowstorms all the time. It's a shame that this game doesn't have freezing mechanics. Speaking historically, some ports could not be accessed during winter and that played a big role in the war. I wonder if that would be possible to mod that in.

bump

Too little info. Post your map.

I thought you couldn't go past 99999 resources in HOI3?

Oh god why did put a fucking Habsburg on my throne.
I didn't ask for this shit.

That's karma for being a cuck. The only thing the DLC does is put some far fetched bullshit out of its ass about muh womyn, and giving you overpowered bonuses as a reward for eating that shit up.

Which DLC are we talking about?

I think it's called "Women in history"

The only gameplay changes I noticed were a few added events full of utter shit fluff that gave you ridiculous advantages, such as a really good ruler

I pressed the make new empire button by mistake after i attack the Seljuks and Fatimids buti de blobed as much as possible

It helped having Hungary, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, France and the Byzantine empire as allies in those fights

Seems like you've got it all covered. You could take Mecca as an ultimate fuck you, or you could push Byzantium's shit in and Latin Empire away, but honestly, I doubt any of that's worth it. You reached the RP potential of that country and all that remains are far-fetched excuses for blobbing.

At this point I tend to quit and start again with a different country. Good nations for RPing are those with some claim on Roman empire (RP objective is to pretty much conquer all of Europe, which takes a while), and small religions like Nestorians or Zun, with whom you can decide to spread the faith to the infidel (again, you can conquer all around and stay in the spirit of the RP).

In any case, CK2 gets ridiculously easy after you reach empire rank - at that point you have armies so powerful that you cna take on literally the entire world.

Would colonization in Europa Universalis be a possibility?

I did a even bigger fuck you to Islam: It's dead, not a single muslim is left in the game and both i destroyed the Sunni and Shia Caliphates titles

I think you need to be fairly far to the west to be able to colonise anything before lategame. And even then, why would Jerusalem colonise anything? What I'm trying to tell you is that you accomplished everything you could within the RP bounds - anything more you do with Jerusalem will be either seen as blobbing or just illogical. If you don't mind and can have fun with it even then, then go ahead and blob however much you wish, but it sounds like you can't, and come here for some sort of an objective.

I wish there was an actual event acknowledging the destruction of a religion

Well i did plan on ruling the Latin Empire **my rp reason is my dynasty wants to accomplish what other norse related people failed to do) so what if i shift toward owning byzantium as the Latin Empire and release territory it does not need and then get a mod that allow catholic to remorm the roman empire since i am ruling the successor state of rome?

Just wanted to know if my plan is ok or not as a long term goal?

I didn't want this feel user

go for it

Is the multiplayer tomorrow at 19 or 20 UTC?

20 UTC

I tried a desert world and it was a much different experience. It seems that desert does not prohibit combat like arctic. France fell in 39. The climate changes little and the lack of frozen ground makes defending difficult. The advantage definitely shifts towards the attacker.

Playing in the arctic world makes the combat very defensive like in the WW1 mod, while the desert world does the complete opposite. The arctic world is more interesting, and it would be nice to play in MP. It changes the dynamics of the game and forces the player to be more conservative, which I enjoy.

Any reason to buy HoI 2 instead of Darkest Hour? Also should I bother downloading HoI4 for some casual gameplay?

No, yes.

No, no

We start getting ready at 19 UTC - making the headcount, sending the save etc - because we're aiming to begin at 20 if possible.

Speaking of the MP game, if you want to use windowed mode, this will be incredibly useful: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14971925/v2winfix.zip

It fixes the pointer inaccuracy when the game is windowed. All you have to do is download the file, unpack it at your main HOI3 folder, then open My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron III\settings.txt and set fullScreen=no.

Also works for Victoria 2. If you want borderless windowed mode, start the game once as set up above, then once you get to the menu screen exit it, and edit My Documents\Paradox Interactive\v2winfix.ini. Change borderless=0 to borderless=1.

As usual, nothing official, yadda yadda. Voice chat helps though. discord.gg/zRFwq

How am I suppose to play as a colonizer in EU4?

Exploration and Expansion ideas are obvious, but the only other good ones seem to be the ones on the administrative side, which makes the game hard with all the cores you must do and the cost more administrative power. Or what? Just make pure colonies without conquering barbarians in the process? How are you even suppose to not do that when you get to India for example?

Doesn't Victoria 2 have a borderless mode anyway or I did something to the game and don't remember? It works for EU3 though.

I guess it adds the option itself, though it does not directly do that for the other games? I don't remember how it was original any more. Also if you are playing with a mode like NWO or something and borderless is on but doesn't seem to work properly (if you click on something the game minimizes) go toC:\Users\BAKA\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Victoria II\NwO (basically the save folder of the mode) and change in the settings fullScreen=yes to no and if you have to set to borderless=yes.

EU4's just a giant train wreck tbh fam.

Where can I install all the DLC for HOI4?

What DLCs?

…\common\Hearts of Iron IV\dlc

Reminder that the MP game is today. Host will be up in around 2 hours.

archive.is/oSG2d

"No available DLC"

nevermind, the dlc are zip files which you have to unpack. I have these:

dlc001_german_historical_portraits
dlc002_polish_content_pack
dlc003_rocket_launcher_unit_pack
dlc014_wallpaper

They consits of different folders.

Hosting

my.mixtape.moe/zgtvvs.hoi3
mp_Germany1937_08_12_02.hoi3

We're still missing China and Sweden.

So after giving up on EU4 two months ago after upsetting me over some of its mechanics I decided to finally try the previous game in the series.

Somehow I found myself in war with Aragon on day 2. Also what does this mission even mean? Send merchants to IIe-de-France wherever that is? I was actually about to ask where it is because I can't search it, but I was able to see it on the map after trying again. What am I suppose to do anyway? Send merchants until I am on the top or what?

That's a good world

You can mouse over the ? on the mission tab and it'll tell you exactly what you need to do.

Oh yeah, you are right. It is a little small and didn't notice it.

Is EU3 better than EU4? Been playing EUIV since yesterday and I like it (came from CK2 and Vicky 2, thoroughly played and enjoyed both.)

One of you should record the sessions, upload them to youtube and make a let's play series. I don't have time to play along but would be very interested in watching some HoI3 multiplayer battles.

I am just now starting to play, but usually people think so. One of the most important things is that it doesn't have the idiotic ruler points. As far as I know the people say only the trade system is better in IV and I can see why and it was indeed something I though was very simplistic, but also logical enough and good in IV. There certainly seem to be more depth to some things in 3 though. Even France for example does not start as one ready blob.

EU4 is centered around the ability to jew for mana. Let's break it down:
-there is the basic mana income, which you can't alter
-there is the monarch mana. You can affect it somewhat - there are events that give/kill heirs, you can savescum a little if you're shit, etc. If you get a good ruler, everything should be piece of cake, if you get a really shit one, you need to bring out your inner jew
-power projection score. If it's above 50, you get +1 mana income for all three cathegories, so it's always good to juggle your rivals right and, should you go into war with them, really, really rape them (EU4 is generous with power projection is you really fuck your rival up, and, since he's the rival, doesn't punish you nearly as much for being greedy at the peace table)
-advisors. Just about the biggest mana income with as much as +3 for each. The good ones are also expensive as hell, so you gotta have a strong economy. It's just about the only way money can affect mana
-focus. You'll find that no matter your playstyle, you'll always have one type of mana that you never seem to have enough of, one that is handy to have but that you don't really feel pressurised about, and one that's pretty much worthless. Most often it's admin>milit>diplo (of course, sometimes diplo can get very important if you want to play a naval superpower or trade a lot or have many vassals, etc. Your playstyle shuffles this a lot). In such cases, it's a good idea to focus on the type of mana you need with the +2 bonus, even if it lowers your income from the other areas. For example, there's nothing to really spend milit on except for techs and an occassional idea group, so the slower income shouldn't be a problem, and a landlocked country shouldn't really feel the need to care about diplo whatsoever.
-estates. They might be annoying at first, but ae actually a big advantage if you can exploit them right. Raising popularity with them by giving provinces + the decisions they have can quickly get you in their good books, and then it's safe to ask them for a big gift of mana without them hating you for it. After their loyalty gets back in check (it nears 50% over time), you can take your provinces back again for a small loyalty hit, and repeat.

So, in total:
you get +3 (I think it was 3) in come by default, you get +1 for power projection, +3 for advisor, +2 for focus and an immediate bonus for estates. That's +9 mana every month, + the bonus, + I don't even count the monarch in because he's the wild card, into any mana group you need, provided you play your cards right.

I've heard EU3 is harder than 4 and has better and more in-depth mechanics, except for trade which is kinda shit. Haven't tried 4 myself.

mp_Germany1938_06_05_19.hoi3
my.mixtape.moe/jijloz.hoi3

It would have to come out afterwards, as confidential information about future plans and nudes are passed around in the chat.

It's the same. EU4 simply has a more complex backend that ends up in a frontend that's exactly the same as EU4.

Missing only Italy and UK

I played both. EU4 has less depth than EU3, but also heavily features anti-blobbing stuff that prevents you from growing too fast, whereas in EU3 you could expand much faster (also due to EU3 having less provinces than EU4), so in that aspect, it's actually harder, but simpler. The Grpahics, UI, and mechanics in general are much tidier and easier to get into in EU4, as well as easier to manage (a tradeoff with the simplification). As for trade, EU3's is retarded dogshit while EU4's is all around better (and it's also just about the only part in which EU4 beats EU3 in complexity). Also, whereas EU3 tied everything to money, EU4 ties most of stuff to mana.

Overall, if you want a comfy, if a tad boring and simple game, go for EU4, if you want a more complex, yet also kinda cluttered experience, go for EU3.

Oh. How do the backends differ then?

EU4 has this big trade flow system that you can ostensibly modify and tweak and adjust according to country policies, with merchants being used to either collect or redirect trade flow, depending on upstream trade good value.

Thing is that after some megablob AI countries or halfway competent players proved that you could break the system in half by judiciously applying merchants or going full Jew and having a merchant-oriented nation, Paradox nerfed the system into the ground.

Now the EU4 trade system always regresses to the law of averages and in practice it's no different than EU3, other than not having 5/6-merchant trade battles anymore, which was the only interesting part of the EU3 trade system.

I'd say it was straight up retarded and didn't make any sense unless you scrutinised the wiki

It at least gave you something to do in the crushingly boring periods between establishing colonies and waiting for peace treaties to expire.

I don't know if anyone wants to make videos. We should however be posting some AARs on the thread.

We are on our second session. There haven't been any serious player vs player wars yet. Germany has Austria and Czechoslovakia. Italy has Yugoslavia and Greece. China has taken most of its cores and is in the process of joining the Axis. We are having a slight problem with this. Since Japan still has Chinese cores, NC can't join the Axis. We did it in a stupid way because we could have just waited for both countries to be eligible to join and it wouldn't have been a problem. We are considering doing a savegame edit for this. Germany and SU signed Molotov-Ribbentrop. The next session will be delayed by a week because a player will be busy.

Yeah I forgot to ask if this was ok before the session ended. If all the other players are ok with it, we just want to edit the save game so that NatChi is in the Axis. We fucked up the order by having Japan join first because now NatChi can't get close enough to join due to the Axis holding its cores. So if the US, UK, and USSR are okay with it that's what we would like to do

Save me /gsg/
I downloaded Veritas et Fortitudo mod and everything was fine and dandy until I got "insufficient bureaucracy as a modifier", which seriously fucked my shit up as it increases autonomy by 0.15 every month.
So all of territories have at least 40 autonomy by now and my taxes went into the negative spectrum as a result.

I did some searching and I "expanded bureaucracy" just like the internet said, but the modifier is still there.
Wat do?

And Spain

So I continued my game from earlier and Navarra surrendered to Aragon and became their vassal while I was beating Aragon's ass as an ally of Navarra. This really kills my interest in EU3.

In EU3 how much infamy is considered bad?

I hate how warscore works in these games.

it's to keep everything fair for the multiplayer, goym, nevermind the fact that 90% of people that play EU4 never touch it.

So HPM is now going to allow us to BUILD A WALL.

Is it so hard to have two different rules of the game or will someone cry that the game is being made easier for them? It is not like you would come back or anything if you get your ass kicked this hard the first time around.

UK here. I'm okay with it.

eu3wiki.com/Reputation

It gradually makes other countries dislike you and it's harder to get trade deals. It especially kills your trade, so you can't have more than a tiny bit of it as a trading country. Once you go over your limit, anyone can DoW you for a generous CB and you get cruel events.

The way it should be.

R8 my Danubian Federation play-through I did awhile back. Got super autistic once I realized keeping Germany separated meant constant Prussian-Austro wars for sphere control despite the fact I had wrecked Prussia so hard they weren't even a secondary power after I dismantled them, so I did the proper wargoals to liberate certain german states and merged them together so it looked better. Also tested out releasing countries as puppets just to see what it'd all look like.

Whoops, forgot to upload the actual, final borders.

Why don't you just fight with the side that doesn't have your cores :^)

Are these patriots fighting for me?

You tell me

Better dead than red, gweilo

They attacked me, their king, too, so they can't be real patriots.

What are you on

See pic. Props for pushing the mongols back though.

When i will have recreated the unified Roman Empire in CKII what territory can i conquer that is not considered blobbing?

Say that in Siberia and not on the internet and see what happens gook.

George the III said the same thing about the American colonists.

Then again, he was an inbred, syphilitic wreck.

The only acceptable Danubian Federation is one that commits genocide on all non-Germans and then peacefully merges with Germany.

It's like you don't want to outnumber the filthy Judeo-Americans & their Entente lapdogs.

Nothing. The Roman Empire is just an aesthetically pleasing and historically significant blob. Anything extra and it's overkill.
Try to maintain tributaries beyond your border.

Is there any good online source for Darkest Hour like the EU- and HoI-wikis?

You're the third person to ask something similar. I'd do it, but my experience with game commentary has been less than impressive so far the fact english is my second language doesn't help.

Also, yeah, tactics and stuff needs to be hidden for a good while. Though I'm fairly sure at least half the players are looking at each other's countries.

You could start another war and let China take their cores back.

There's the manual which will at least give you the basics

The next Beta Patch got released for Stellaris.
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/asimov-update-1-2-released-checksum-1b97-not-for-problem-reports.953141/

I still can't believe it took two updates past release to get fucking map modes.

Hey now, at least this patch is FREE.

>diplomatic incidents added to enrich mid-game content
Fuckin Swedes

Played a very early game and it feels overall a little better. Slaves are more than just a garbage faction now, Ethics aren't as imbalanced at first glance.

What's more likely: Paradox finishing their game or Paradox releasing a joke DLC that explains why Geraldo Rivera clones lead South America?

The problem is that China can't request their cores from Japan as a war goal, otherwise we would have already done that

Does thi count as a grand strategy game?

The second.

Yes.

Pretty as fuck.

I HATE THOSE FUCKING BACKSTABBING DOLPHIN FUCKS! EVERY TIME, EVERY FUCKING TIME THEY TEAM UP WITH THOSE CAT FUCKS

HUMAN PRIDE GALAXY WIDE!

Is there a gsg Darkest Hour tuto? Got one for HoI3, Victoria 2 and EU3 but nothing on DH.

Read the manual, it's actually really good.

To think I didn't bother to check. I m gonna blame the state of modern gaming, clearly no fault of my own.

Today's Germans are almost as bad as Swedes

I still wish there was a proper video series. Only DH doesn't have one.

I see. Well, I'm ok with it. It'll be a pain in the ass, but AMERICAN PRODUCTION will save the world once more.

Selling separate DLCs for each country is the most likely scenario. Which should be hilarious, considering the sheer innacuracy they managed so far.

You're missing half of the HOI3 tutorial there.

Not really

(checked)
Oh I know.

I dread the day when my wall finally falls, which would force me to defend my borders against the Byzantine menace.
Stay strong, meatshield.

Just lie down and accept it, you'll be happier as a servant of Rome.

How the fuck does trade work in EU4? I'm assigning some dude to this 'trade node' but shit hardly does anything (that I'm aware of.)

Luckily DH is extremely easy to learn if you know HoI3. It might sound weird, but I think the Fallout mod is the best possible introduction to DH and KR, the reason being that the whole game is limited to North America and any faction you pick develops from almost an OPM to a continental blob. It's also nice that the United States is a microcosm of the rest of the map, with tiny provinces on the coasts and large desert and mountain provinces on the interior. The only downside is the lack of a navy or significant air force and a weird tech tree.

Enslave it to international jewry, you mean.

Is anyone still playing Stellaris? Is there an active modding scene yet?

Nice Germaniblob bro.

I see they came 70something years earlier.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Trade in EU4 is all about directing the flow of traffic to one or two trade nodes (typically your home node and/or an "end" node - one that has no branches that flow out) that you can maintain the lion's share of trade power in. Any merchants outside of these nodes should be set to "steer trade" instead of collect. Then pick whichever outflow branch goes in the direction of your collection node. That's pretty much it. You can increase your trade power by building trade buildings in the provinces associated with that node which you can view in the trade mapmode. Additionally in this mapmode you can see that certain provinces themselves are worth extra trade power. You can also increase trade power by building light ships and having them set to the defend trade mission and selecting the trade zone of interest. There are also ideas like in the trade idea set that boost trade power across all nodes by a certain percent value.
It's pretty easy once you know where to find everything.

Been trying to make a multiplayer match of EU3 with a friend. Got the ports down and everything, still doesnt seem to work. Anything im missing here?

Thanks user, I'm still learning how to play this shit. Started as Spain, conquered Granada, annexed Navarra and most of Aragon but got my ass whopped by Morocco because I got greedy letting them take Ceuta from Portugal (my allies), so I could take it for myself along with Tangiers and that other shitty province near it. In a nutshell, don't be a dick towards your allies and only fuck with the big moors from the Barbary coast if you have a huge-ass 30k+ doomstack army.

I wanna git gud so I can try out that neat extended timeline mod, shit has some pretty neat nations at the very start.

What's a good noob friendly starting nation for a DH ww1 scenario? Kinda like starting out in Ireland for CK2 Was thinking of picking Turkey.

I don't know about EU3 specifically but usually you gotta have the same hash, ports set and some people use tunngle/hamachi/gameranger in addition.

You should ally France if possible and conquer Portugal so don't have competition when it comes to early game colonizing or they will eat up a big chunk of America.

Only do this until Portugal has been eliminated. The moment Portugal is no longer a colonial threat, break alliance with France and seek a different ally that can help curtail the French menace.
Staying allied to France too long results in a mid-late game behemoth that may or may not want to pound your face in.

You're gonna get raped by britan and possibly russia and there's nothing you can do about it.
Other than that it's a decent nation to start out on. Early in the war you'll get to push the brits out of the sinai peninsula and maybe the russians out of goergia.
But the turks have shit IC and shitty research groups, which means you'll probably just get to play around with some regular infantry and your outdated navy.
Could also take italy, it should be rather easy to defend, as the north is mostly mountains.

Or you could pick a nation that isn't on the continent.
Really, for WW1 the selection isn't that big IMO.

True, but you need them as a shield against England as they are Portugal's biggest ally. They can also be used to slow down England's colonialism. Eventually you can of course ally with the German states and fuck with France. Also if you are in a personal union with Aragon it is very funny how you receive things Aragon helping France.

On that note EU3 is not bad, but not that interesting either. I don't feel very involved in what is happening for some reason. Do Victoria 2 and CK2 at least have more time being spend in waiting?

So there really isn't a way to try to catch up with others technologically? I mean if I m gonna be fighting what the brits and russia can spare it shouldn't be that bad? Right? This isn't gonna end well is it.
Am probably gonna build some more factories, research mass production, artillery and infantry.

Well, your survival basically hinges on a german victory of WW1. Even then it might not be guaranteed.
It's likely that if the central powers lose you (or maybe bulgaria) will be the last ones standing and you'll get fucked by brits. Your best bet at that point might be holding on with whatever you can and hope for a white peace.

Anyway, good luck

I added extended timeline to my mods, but no matter what I do it doesn't seem to work.
Even though I can select it as a mod, successfully launch and start the game, I don't get the extra timelines.
What am I doing wrong?

Another question, to what extent should I rely on autocontrol for trade and supply chains? Assume retard level of competency on my part.

IMO you can completely put it on auto (but you probably want to set which resources you want only exported or imported). Also production can be comfortably set to auto and turn off or on things like upgrades or reinforcements depending on needs.
Keep in mind that if a production line ever loses all of its allocated IC for whatever reason (you gain dissidence or something) then it'll lose its gearing bonus, meaning the accumulating speed of building the same thing several times in a row in one line.

Lastly you don't need to reinforce during peace times. When you mobilise yur divisions will get put to 70-100 strength (depending on partial or general mobilisation)

You were right about the getting raped by the the Russians and Brits part, but turns out those greasy italians decided to partake in it too. **I severely fucked up my troop placement, pushed the russians quite a bit, made Koweit great again but was ultimately fucked by the Brits pushing from Egypt. Is it even possible to produce anything with Turky? Couldn't even train one single infantry division, while I had the time to finish a few researches, doesn't make a lot of sense tbh.

What difficulty did you play on? You should be able to at least get a handful of infantry divisions out and hold the brits back for a few years if you play your cards right and are lucky enough.

Of course if you know beforehand where the enemy comes from and where the weak points are it'll make it easier to hold out for longer.

Default settings. But my troops weren't placed well. Ruskis had troops stacked at my borders so I've put most of them there and pushed them back until I had to continuously pull forces back from there which ended up being useless due to the travel time being so damn long. Some near the persian border because they also moved troops there and I expected them to attack me, took Koweit with one of those stack.
Kept two stacks near Istanbul which ended not being at risk and only one near Egypt they bypassed with transport ships that appeared suddenly. Thought they would be busy enough on the Western front but oh boy was I wrong.
The troops that were supposed to come around in early 1915 weren't event out by the time I signed the armistice.

All in all it went better than when I touched HoI3 years ago and wasn't even able to establish a proper frontline versus Poland. CK2 is really easier to get into. I might try out Canada or Japan to get a handle on things.

Yeah, The istanbul part isn't really at any risk and the greatest threat is the UK because they just love to fuck turks up instead of helping on the continent.

Yes, the ottoman hinterlands are barely developed and got shitty terrain. Did you use strategic redeployment btw? On longer routes that's faster but will fuck your organisation up too.

Not sure if you'll see much action with those, especially because you'd have to transport your troops a long way and transports are a bit of a pain sometimes.

I think germany might, ironically, be one of the easiest nations to learn DH (and the WW1 start probably) because they're stable, have enough IC and power / research to dick around with and get a good overview and to let you try things out.
Also they're very central and don't have to fight in different theaters or be all over the place, aside from the two and a half fronts they have (of which only one usually moves)

Anyway, if you're still getting to grips with the very basics of the game, canada and japan are alright choices too. If you don't want the hassle of being so far removed from the action but don't feel confident enough for a big player yet, you might also try bulgaria or romania and try to join the central powers or something.

Uh, no I did not. Just checked it out and it takes two months to go from one corner of the empire to the other, decent enough.

Wouldn't France be better due to having only one frontline to take care of? Other than a bit of action in africa maybe they seem quite safe compared to Germany surrounded by threats.

It'll get better with research and improving unit speed and if you build infrastructure. It's WW1 after all.

IMO Germany is easier early on in the war, you can push russia quite a bit and if you're good and quick enough could even knock france out by pushing through belgium.
As the war goes on you slowly fall behind, your allies get knocked out and your western front breaks
As France on the other hand you seem to be barely holding on by a thread early on and later things relax a bit.
Of course that also depends on difficulty, which changes how much IC and attack modifiers that you and the AI have.

But like I said before, if you're looking to get the very basics of the game down like battles, research, production and getting a feel for how terrain affects battles and all that, a small nation is fine too.

Have you tried launching it a second time?

I was actually trying to vassalize Portugal, like peacefully, then annex because they're the britbong's greatest allies and I as Spain, I'm their natural enemy. But it didn't work. Also, France was the one who actually wanted to ally and marry one of my heirs, which I found peculiar since they've always had a disdain for Spain.

Play CK2 as a fucking tribal with CK2+, raid the fuck outta everything. Shit's fun.

Portugal will usually betray you for anything. Everyone spawns with a chance of liking you or not (higher for the historical). Usually France does not like you.

I guess I wanted to say less time.

I think you might have the wrong mod folder-
It should like something like this:
C:\Users\ \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV\mod

Yunnan should be a nice starting choice, you're headed into multiple wars with China all of which are winnable.
Italy should work well due to having only one major front and being allied to the Entennte.
Aside from that maybe one of the mexican factions or Spain but I'm not sure if Spain had any notable events, it's been a while since the last time I played DH unmodded.

Amusingly enough I just finished the Pursuit of Goeben and Breslau in SAI.

So, how the fuck do I add 'ideas' in EUIV? Says I need X level of whatever the fuck that shit is. I think it's technology, how do I get more technology then? Because from what I've experienced, that shit raises up by its own volition.

Also, is there a way to change my technology group playing as an old-as-shit nation from 1XX AD with nomad government? Using Extended timeline btw, tried playing with extended vanilla experience but that shit cuts off muh diplomats.

You have to use mana to raise your tech level. It should in a tab in your country view. You can also change to western tech group there as well.

Thanks user, but it was actually incorrect naming.
The Zip file was supposed to be Extendedtimeline instead of Extended Timeline
That was my error.

Tell me more of this game.

It's mostly about tactical Fleet combat during the early 20th century, Steam and Iron only consists of scenarios and specific campaigns
The successor, Rule the Waves, has an added custom campaign layer with research, ship building and design, enough foreign diplomacy so you can decide who you go to war with, if att all.
An user is running a game right now

Poland refused my alliance and this was the result.

bump

Which is better for vicky 2, HPM or Vickymod/robmod.

Also is there any recommended EU3 mod, I see there are only eu4 mods shown off in the OP and I'm not interested in that trainwreck.

HPM.

Calling my allies might have been an overkill, but I don't dare to underestimate the HRE.

Which is better, CK2+ or SWMH? Or are there any other good overhaul mods?

wew didn't know this existed

Get out while you still can

it's too late for us

nice cropping

came from the other gsg Tbh

I am going to start a new game of either Distant Worlds, Stellaris, or HOI 4 and post the campaigns here on this Saturday night. I have not played Stellaris or HOI 4 yet but I truly love and have spent much time playing Distant Worlds.

I am totally burned out on CK2, Victoria 2 and EU3/4.

If anyone has any requests for game + nation + goals post them here and I will duly consider them.

I demand tasteful, non anime reaction images as tribute. Only the best will do.

Can't even annex anything fun without the whole Empire going coalition on my ass.

HOI4 + Empire of le platypus + find a better game to play :^)

I'm playing Stelaris right now. It's a mix of fun and boredom. The game takes so fucking long for anything to happen.

Try miscmods, I think the /gsg/ mod repository has a version that works with 5.2. You can also merge it with CanOmer's map.

Does the other /gsg/ have ongoing MP games? I've quickly searched some archives before but I've never seen it mentioned. Also there are a lot of Paradox shills there, that turned me off

No, le steam group buggyman
you meant 4/gsg/ right?

Yup. Well, we are the superior /gsg/ apparently

Checking the Paradox's forum, look at what I found. I'm 100% sure this guy is from there.

Is tactical bombing worth it for a small country in a WW1 scenario when you already have the 1914 tech or is it just better to spam infantry+artillery?

WW1 planes ain't worth shit, really. At least IIRC. Use the IC to put more meat in the grinder

The problem is the range of planes in WW1. Unless you are taking over airports in the territory you conquer you won't get much use out of them

Eh, made one token bomber, it will at the very least see some use if when I engage greece, I'd rather keep Romania for a bit later since I would have to face Russia next.

Might want to put one division in Haskovo since it's connected to Kavala

It turns out that convoys being needed to trade only applies to the player, and not the AI. I've sunk every single British convoy, and yet they're still doing all of their trades as if nothing had happened. I saw that they were trading 50 metal with the USSR, so I switched over to the USSR only to find out that all of their in use convoys only deal with shipping supplies & receiving lend lease from USA, there's nothing about shipping metal on here.

Basically I built submarines for no reason since raiding enemy convoys has no effect on the AI.

Did you lose your print screen key?

Might be because of the mod.
And user, please use F11 for screenshots.

Is that a game on his screen? If so, what?

No, I run gnu natively, and I'm playing the game on a different computer

It's black ice.

looks like runescape

It's slavquest.

Actually it's because of the stupid way the trade system works.

Resource goods pile up if convoys aren't available. If convoys are available, all resources are transported instantly to the capitol (no export limit from foreign land the same way there is an import limit on supplies).

Because of this you can cheese the game and only run convoys 1 day a month to get a the whole month's production as a lump sum, then turn the convoys off to avoid them being sunk. The first part is what the AI is effectively doing, it just spams out convoys at a decent rate and if they last for a day or two they'll bring in all of the built-up resource stockpiles.

FWIW the AI still spends a shit ton of IC actually building the convoys though.

wew

We have an unofficial /gsg/ discord but no steam group or anything of the like. A lot of the people who play multiplayer do so on pirated copies and dont even have steam at all.

Good taste, buddy

Thanks! I'm just a man looking for a ratchet.

That was such a good fucking movie

That's the part that fucking gets me if you lost completely the first time how the fuck are you supposed to win after having a chunk of your country chopped off? It's like paracucks don't even play their own fucking game.

He's a sixty year old diabetic who eats nothing but instant ramen he probably can't work because they had to chop his legs off.

Anybody have a link for Veritas et Fortitudo or MEIOU and Taxes?

So the brits decided for some reason to land 15 divisons right into my lap when I was preparing my campaign against Greece. I don't know if they got confused by the fact the Ottomans didn't join the Central Powers for some reason. This time they got rekt one province away from Gallipoli.

Meanwhile on the Western Front.

White peace when the sledgehammer was going through Greece, fucking german politicians.

Is there an option to side with Trotsky over Stalin following the death of Lenin in DH? I always thought one of the coolest alt histories would be such a turn of events

It should be an option in any of the mods that link the WW1 scenario with the WW2 scenarios. Arms Armistice and Revolutions is the big one that I know of

Arms Armsitice and Revolutions has it, not sure how much is done with Trotsky, event wise, though

What are we doing for the Hoi3 MP tomorrow?

Host here. I'm not planning on hosting tomorrow. Since we can't do the main game, I will take advantage of the free time. Maybe one of you can host.

Unified China before Marco Polo, Feb 27, 1937. Hard difficulty threw some curveballs my way, but changing leaders around did it. Might be able to be finish in the middle of January in the future.

It would be cool to play something, yes. Unfortunately I can't host outside of local not that hosting with my country's internet is advised anyway

Is Total War an RTS or GSG? I've been playing Rome for a few days and it's pretty neat. It runs way better than I expected on my shitty laptop, I can't even run EU3 but the battles in TW run perfectly.

more of an RTS, but there's hybrid elements

As promised here is my shitty Saturday night campaign. Currently about an hour in.

So I've never played HOI 4 before and decided to go with a super easy nation that fared very well in world war 2…

Guess which direction I am going to take this in lol

You might actually stand a chance.

So obviously we had to pick a side in order to escape the historical anal raping we might receive otherwise. Surely binding our nation to the master race cannot possibly fail…

We had 8 divisions to their 3-5. Plus uncle Adolf sent a division to help us as soon as we declared war :3

I reformed the roman empire and currently have only the territories it mentioned in the decision like the duchy of Tunis, Jerusalem, Antioch Genoa and Sicily plus the de jure territory of the Byzantine Empire.
Can i continue to conquer territory as Rome without it being and if so what territory?

You have a causes belli for any bordering duchy that was once part of Rome.

Corn flakes?

January 27. The Guanxi event is a wild card.

Beat ya.

Could probably do it a week or so faster if I made INF, but instead I just MIL-spammed. Xibei and Yunnan are both a bit random in whether the AI moves extra units to defend the VPs.

i dont finde any mod on that user… are you sure thats the name?

For pete's sake update the fucking OP, HPM had tons of update since last year.
The pastebin and archive are updated by 4cuck but change the text

Ya know, even with the patches, Stellaris is kind of a bore. It always plays the same, no matter what ethics/traits you actually pick.

I m giving at least a year before I touch it.

I think even DLC won't help much.

The fun of EU comes from playing a country with a historical context, but Stellaris has none of this. There is no "stellar cartography" that might make starting positions different and interesting either.

vic2 1815 start when?

Well, dang. What's your unit composition? I'm using 2 Corps of Mil x4 and 5 of INF x2 with 3 more INF x2 on army/army group/theater level. Then building lots of AT/ART brigades to fill the divisions.

I made 200 divisions of 2x MIL, then made a bunch of ART to back them up. Also got the +ORG Doctrine, it's quite useful. Didn't get much ART before October, around 40 or so brigades.

Doing it again I would have just gone for 125 divisions (full army group) and more ART and MTN at the slowest point (Yunnan and Xibei). If you wanted to min-max it you'd probably go for 3x MTN 1x ART instead but I'd find it a PITA to then reorganize all those 3x divisions into 2x for the Japan war. Also some CAV would probably speed things up by a day.

A big thing is having excess units all along the border with lots of ORG that are able to launch attacks specifically to hold enemy units in place so they don't reinforce where your spearhead is moving. You want a lot of divisions for that. It's also partially luck based where the AI reinforces with units it can't reach, there's easily a +-1 week variance at least.

Second time. Went with 20 divisions of 2x MTN (placing 10 in Xichang, 5 in Sogxian, 5 in Pingwu) and 105 divisions of 2x MIL. MTN destroyed Xibei and Yunnan, Shanxi and commies took the longest. Think this is about the quickest possible since the Commies are limited by how fast you can get a 3 province wide front inside Shanxi to quickly rush their capital and do a spoiling attack to stop them reinforcing it. The few ART I had went into rushing the commies.

I did notice that the earliest I was able to DoW was Oct 26th rather than Oct 10th this time. Think it might have been because I had slightly better relations with the UK or something. With those extra 16 days I could have finished before December.

Make Mi- I mean China great again user

I love playing NatChi because I've learned HOI3 playing it, and every time I come back there's new stuff I can apply to make my life easier. It's how I measure my progress in this game.

Have you gone beyond the early unification of China at all? Are there any real options for you with the Marco Polo Bridge event autofiring, furthermore? I imagine it'd just be a lot of steamrolling with all that industry and manpower, but I'm interested if there's anything coded for a quick peace-out with Japan. Can you join the Axis if you wrap things up quickly, or are you railroaded into the Allies? Does Japan still go with the Axis if you do? And how does the Soviet Union respond to your mulching the Maoists?

So I went to war with Romania, cost me a decent amount of money to get to this point, had my troops set up for a quick victory, but right when I was about to cut the country to pieces and feast on them those Austrian faggots decided to make peace with them, despite the fact that I was the one who initiated the war.
I don't know what's going on in my game, the Ottomans never joined the CE, just sit around doing nothing except squashing a rebellion here and there, the central powers made peace with the TE fucking my offensive in Greece, then Germany left alliance, France fucked and Italy fucked off from the TE, German puppet states all over the place, Leninist Russia is getting its ass kicked by the Omsk Government and the only conflict I've been part off that I resolved was a landing of 15 british divisions on my coast the first time I was planning to get in Greece.

Now I reloaded my save from before the war versus Romania started because I m a salty faggot, but it's gonna be the same shit all over again. I should probably just leave the central powers, it's just me and the Austrofaggots anyway. Let's just hope they won't decide to fuck me over because they will completely surround me for a good while.

Unrelated question, how am I supposed to sustain my energy needs, other than just slowing down on the IC usage? I've been going around trading tech blueprints in exchange of resources with sandniggers for a while but it does feel a bit cheesy.

Didn't mean to quote you on that one, but I forgot to answer anyway. Doesn't hurt to wait and experience the game in its final state, should be fun at least for a while before it becomes stale and I'd rather not burn out on it while it's still mediocre.

To tell you the truth lads, HOI 4 is way too easy, so the only GS that interests me anymore is Stellaris. I've played Vicky 2 to death, eu4 is too casual.

Don't you use the autotrade? Aside from that, just take over some energy-rich provinces :DD

Gee thanks for that revelation.

Stellaris is basically a 4x space version of eu4 tho
it gets boring quickly

You're welcome friend

Yeah, but it's in a new setting at least.

Looks like your game is turning into Kaiserreich

Leave alliance with austria and get romania and Greece (you can take them alone). Then get Turkey - they're just begging for encirclement with those troops in Thrace.

Yes, I've conquered Japan half a dozen times.

Marco Polo event firing is dependant on the number of divisions(brigades?) on the japanese border. 3 Corps and it'll never fire. If there's less at at moment, Japan fires it immediately - yes, you can bait the AI into firing it when you want it to. No, there's nothing coded for a quick-peace, but once you start moving into Manchuko they start accepting peace deals.

I have never gone with Axis Natchi, to be honest, but I know you won't be able to join it while Japan has your cores(severe penalty in the ideology triangle if japan is in the Axis). You might be able to do it after you take Manchuko from them.

It doesn't. Unfortunately, Commie China dies before it's ever in a faction(Civil War allows 100% annexation efficiency, exactly like Spain's), so they can't do their whole underground fighting stuff.

On the other hand, you can join the commies yourself - pic related.

You should be able to join the Axis before Japan does.

I do, but I have it set on stockpiling supply and money, the rest is export/import. Energy is still going down to 0 if I don't pay attention. I only handle negotiations, leaving the rest to the AI.
I m gonna throw in a guess and say that I won't find anything really decent in Greece and Romania, but hey, those Romanians at least have some oil.

All I wanted was a relatively classic WW1, instead I've got this shit, where the biggest British contingent was deployed and wrecked in bulgaria out of all places. How is the scenario gonna go forward if it ended on a status quo? (cf. )

I imagine it's trivial thanks to poor naval AI making it impossible to contest your landings?

Ah, that figures. It's a shame that there's seemingly never any significant ahistorical event path for a Kodoha Japan, with focus against the Soviets and a detente with a less threatened China. As a result, the AI never pursues it and the player as Japan has to inevitably do both, or as China has to kick around Japan as a matter of course. Doubtless that neither would ever fully give up the Manchuria issue with a probable Korean War spat post-WWII, but a successful Anti-Comintern Pact along the original Sino-German-Japanese lines is one of the breakpoints I consider quite intriguing.

Try it if it behooves you. A split front might be interesting. I remember seeing the Soviets get their shit pushed in by a northern expansionist Japan in the very early game with a gun battery-centric order of battle, a few mechanized divisions and early AT research, but that was with him blitzing and having no other fronts. As China and after the Soviets start getting their shit together, it might be a bit rougher with the various obsolete forces used to swiftly crush the Warlords to modernize, plus you'll have to contend with the fronts in India and Southeast Asia.

That seems ill advised. Eventually, relations are going to get frosty and you'll have a very, very wide front to contend with once you've eaten all your states & blobbed through continental Asia.

If you have it on stockpile supplies and money then it doesn't want to trade either of them away for energy unless its in danger of hitting the storage cap.

At least the east looks all set for WW2

In HoI3? Nah, once you enter a faction there, you're in for life.

I'd argue that taking their main isles is trivial because you beat 95% of their forces in Manchuko. So once you land, your worst enemy will be the supply line, not the japanese. The naval AI has it's moments, but experience makes their blind spots glaring. If only the AI could do proper sea blockades…

The closest to this I can think of is not allowing the Marco Polo event to fire, then joining the Axis. Japan should join as well at some point - and when Barbarossa starts, they both will be at war with the SU. This forces them to conquer stuff elsewhere though, because both need /a lot/ of resources.

I made this game to join the Comintern and declare war against the Allies once Barbarossa is pushed back to the old MR-pact borders. Since my objective is to have a FFA between the three factions in WWII, I'm not worried about being attacked by the SU at all(you can't leave factions in HOI3).

There are options for an Operation Unthinkable hot war, aren't there? Though, that's event dependent, so I suppose it's not really equivalent.

Outright forcing Marco Polo not to fire long enough to get both parties into the faction and seeing how the game handles it sounds very interesting. I'd certainly keep an eye on that kind of experimentation.

Considering there won't be the scheduled MP and our usual host is away, is anyone interested in hosting a HOI3 game? '39 or '41 start, or silly rules for stuff, I'm game.

What if we did a '41 start all as the same country and each control an army

I'm ok with it. Can you host?

Never hosted before but I can try

Russia has been made great again and this time around, they do not like me.

Any way to get around the scenario end with this save? I'd like to fuck around some more with it.

Guess I'll just edit the end date in the savefile if there isn't something better.

Been playing NatChi in DH WiF. Fun shit.

You really do feel as though you've overpowered your rapist and started raping them.

I couldn't figure this shit out for the life of me. I'll try to figure it out before the next time our usual host is missing.

You could switch to Kaiserreich, but outside of editing the end date there isn't any thing to do

Read something about The Grand Campaign mod, but I don't know if I could integrate my current 1921 save, will probably just stick to making Bulgaria great again to really familiarize myself with the game.