Where is it SEGA?

Where's the sequel, SEGA? Where's the PC port, SEGA? Where's any kind of port to a modern system so you can see from sales that people are still interested in this game and it's sequel, SEGA?
WHY IS SKIES OF ARCADIA SIMILAR TO F-ZERO WHERE IT HAS MORE CAMEO APPEARANCE THAN ACTUAL GAMES, SEGA?

Other urls found in this thread:

tssznews.com/2016/06/09/sega-to-expand-digital-games-business-through-release-of-new-old-titles-on-pc/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Might be for the best there hasn't been a sequel, given how hit or miss Sega can be with the games they make; they're really not the sharpest knife in the drawer at times. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a port of the game to more recent systems (preferably Legends content with original Dreamcast quality audio; definitive version or something). Especially since it's been really getting up there in price lately; seen the Gamecube version sell for $75+ locally.

Still, at least it's clear they remember Skies of Arcadia through cameos and guest appearances. Can't exactly say the same for Sony and Wild Arms (I think the only cameos that series has had in other games was some items in Soul Sacrifice).

WHERE ARE THE PORTS SEGA??? I WAS PROMISED PORTS!!!

It's like SEGA hates money or something.

I'm sure they are just waiting for the right time to announce them, that's all. Its not like they actually think those wouldn't sell right?

Bayonetta isn't likely due to Nintendo having some hold over the IP.

They've put more obscure shit that those franchises on Steam in the last year. I still have hope for these ports.

IIRC Platinum still holds the IP rights to Bayonetta. So if SEGA wanted to port it to PC they'd probably have to get Platinum's approval and probably would have to do all the work themselves.

But Platinum wouldn't likely do that and sour the relationship they have with Nintendo right now.

Probably not. But I can dream. Dream of perfect 60fps and 4K options for Bayonetta(and nude mods because you know someone will).

VANQUISH WHEN

Aw yeah, that would be really good.

I'm rather surprised they haven't ported more stuff to other platforms. Maybe they think those games wouldn't sell? Is there some way we can convince them to start doing ports?

They've already said more ports. We just don't know what they'll be or when we'll get them. I'd guess that if they did pop up soon it'd be closer to the holiday season/Steam winter sale.

SOON(tm)

I just want a Resonance of Fate port with enough documentation to have custom outfits. Please, Sega?

They better fucking deliver, its been almost a year.
tssznews.com/2016/06/09/sega-to-expand-digital-games-business-through-release-of-new-old-titles-on-pc/

I really, really hope to see a port in psn someday (after they port it to PC, no way they would port to PSN without PC having it first) It would be a blast to play Skies in ps4. That being said, even if it does happen, I'm not sure I want a sequel…current SEGA still is screwing up even with Sonic, for god's sake. Imagine how they would fuck up a sequel to a complex jrpg like Skies, a genre they barely touched in the last years save for Valkiria Chronicles;

Yeah, i don't think a sequel would be good for most of Segas games unless they find some competent devs like Platinum or Sumo.

I feel the Valkyria Chronicles team could do a great job with a Skies of Arcadia sequel and/or remake. When I first booted up Valkyria Chronicles and heard the music I thought Overworks came back from the dead.

But they are
Slowly but steadily

it's the little things.

See
Middle budget games will take over in the near future. AAA budgets are reaching ridiculous levels where the cost/sales ratio is so insane. They're reaching the point of diminishing returns and many companies(SEGA, SNK and more) are already going back to more middle budget games so that they can have safer ventures that still yield a profit.

Unlikely, AAA is still going strong unfortunately.
AA is still have bigger profit margins though and shit like digital distribution, and huge internet focus which includes marketing and devs socilaizing with customers, more indie devs that provide more talent and most not going for the CoD crowd like the late 00s instead focusing on their niche and dedicated fanbase has helped them to grow a lot.
They're no longer mostly dead

Croteam would be dead by now if they went forward with theit fucking Call of Duty game.
Instead we're getting an actual decently budgeted Serious Sam 4.

Emulation, and thats probably goimg to happen.

What are you talking about user? They've alreafy announced it :^)

Hmm maybe only guys that still are in Sega today that might do a good and worthy sequel to Skies are the Valkyria Chronicles team, but I dunno…wouldn't they felt the need to change the game to be a strategy rpg? Not that it would be a bad thing per si, but would work better as a spin off than a sequel.

It already killed VC, look at that JRPG bullshit right there.

Skies of Arcadia really needs a definite version with the enhancements of Eternal Legends and the original music quality

I don't think it'd adapt too well to a SRPG system. I think they'd just improve the turn-based combat with something like a press-turn system and other stuff they'd probably borrow from SMT's turn based mechanics.

This is why we need a PC port. Native widescreen support, original audio/music quality, unlocked framerate, the GC version's encounter rate, the whole deal.

Fuck that game. There is finally a J-RPG that's actually cool and engaging and then they make it so slow I'm falling asleep. Even talking to a NPC could take forever if you had to first watch the NPC scratch their butt or something.

No one cares about that game so never.

Have a feeling they'd get the formula wrong, probably be pushed too hard in the open world direction with a lot of meaningless items and fetch quests. Almost certainly there would be big dullard quest markers and a handicapped sense of exploration.

Cry moar