Why didn't you buy it already Holla Forums? It's a small price to pay for video games

Why didn't you buy it already Holla Forums? It's a small price to pay for video games.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20160510050914/http://bgr.com/2016/05/09/nvidia-gtx-1080-gtx-1070-price-release-date/
reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4bpb3y/does_nvidia_actually_make_their_older_cards_worse/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because I main on a laptop and my next big purchase will be a massive workstation-laptop that's barely portable yet still more convenient than a full-size desktop

Because i like more the jews at AMD.

the shitty founders edition cards? Everything else is sold out

What would I even upgrade for?

Does it actually offer what it promises? Or is it a rip off like that other NVidia card?

I remember AMD doing something worse and that NVidia was the lesser of two evils.

Cause there is literally none for fucking sale

its bullshit them saying they "Sold more" I could buy a 980 or a 980ti on launch day, this product is fucking mythical to find atm

Because i rather spend the amount what this card cost on something autistic.

In about 6 month we're going to get an announcement for another series of card, and we're going to get 1080s without the shitty stock fan. I refuse to believe they already exists.

Because PC gaming has been irreversibly compromised by idiots that only want console games with better graphics and Valve fanboys.

lmao

Whichever you prefer, you have to admit Nvidia's Semitic magic is way more powerful than AMD's.

Because by the time I get a job there will be a better card (or this will get a big price drop).

is 1070 out yet? I need to get a new computer.

HELLO GOY, I AM THE SHEKEL FAIRY

Nope I have made that mistake in the past, as for the 1080 itself I'll be getting the 1070 unless AMD can do better at the price point.
currently running pic related, I'm due for an upgrade

That was my first and probably last Nvidia purchase.

I only ever play games that are several years old, I don't exactly need a card.

*new card

I'll get one in a few years once my overclocked GTX 970 doesn't cut it anymore, but right now it's still excellent for pretty much every game.

As one of the people who bought a 970 before the 3.5GB fiasco was bought to light, I'm waiting until around September before I even think about upgrading.

I saw this stupid trend in our country hardware website too.
Most of the articles has the words like "When cheaper is better. MSI Geforce GTX 1080 review", but the actual price wrote as "N/A" and i really liked that site before this article.
This shit is getting stupidly suspicious.
Also, if someone interested, in early May, the price was much lower. It was said official by the Nvidia representatives. That pricetag was on their website too, but before the mass release of the Founders Ed, they've deleted it, after that the most of the articles from May about the old price just disappeared.
The only info that i could find where the price is mentioned, is in this news article.
web.archive.org/web/20160510050914/http://bgr.com/2016/05/09/nvidia-gtx-1080-gtx-1070-price-release-date/

This is what Holla Forums actually believes

I'd say you have a point but honestly I'd rather shoot myself rather than spend that much to get fallout 4 to run properly

Well PC gaming can be a profitable niché if you're a monopoly.

But Nvidia knows that PC sales have been declining for years now and so they are looking to get into phones and consoles. The competition in those markets are killing them.

They already did console once with the original xbox but their Jewish practices caught up with them and they alienated console manufacturers.

because there's no good pc games that require a high end gpu, and the only pc games that require a gpu from the past 3 years are console port shit

I'd rather not even play on the pc

3.5 GB didn't bother me, but the whole "we didn't actually implement DX12 features at all, LOL" debacle sure did.

Because it's fucking twelve hundred dollarydoos and the 1070 isn't much better.

Living in ausbongland sucks for tech upgrades

They only ever announced $599/$699 for the 1080 (non founders edition/founders edition) and $379/$429 for the 1070

The reason the prices are different is because they're keeping a low stock to drive prices up and pricing on third party cooled card is at the discretion of whoever is making them (leading to 550€ 1070 / 830€ 1080 where I live despite them not being founders edition).

Well, the 3.5 came before the DX12, at least as far as I was aware. So I learned about the 3.5, tried to justify my purchase to myself despite the lies, and then got hit with more lies.

i want a new gpu
why amd is so slow in releasing vega?
i need it

the 1070 is 470€ on amazon.de

was meant for

Nvidia has an obvious planned obsolescence scheme for their cards, it's pretty disgusting.

380$ sounds fucking better than 600$ for 1070.
RIGHT?

Reference design has shit cooling, my 980 G1 gayming runs stable at 1.4 GHz core and 4GHz VRAM clock, and it's optimized for DX 12, which you only get on Microshaft Wangblows X.

Oh, and I'm spending my 700 shekels on a set of these beauties.

Video card sales are limited by supply not demand.

Popular opinion has an insane amount of damping. For your average fucker, Nvidia's software advantage still outranks AMD's offering by miles, despite the fact that Nvidia is starting to put out shit drivers while AMD is getting its shit together.

But one market where AMD has completely lost is enthusiast grade laptops. Nvidia's been pushing some insane shit with pretty much desktop grade 980 cards in those while AMD is stuck with slow as shit GPUs and the rock bottom of the range.

Always cheaper in germany, the cheapest I can get here is 469 but it's not from a good brand and it doesn't have a good cooling system.

600 bucks? How the fuck even.
inb4 canada/ausfag

$600 is kinda cheap here

literally not a single game will actually need this card for the next 5 years or so

Because my computer room is small so i use a small monitor and my gtx 750 ti works great for those low resolutions
Not interested in 4k, VR, etc

Why is the graphics card market such a duopoly?
You'd assume some other company would try to break into the market considering how slow it is now.

I can explain.

I work for a company that relies on similar manufacturing processes, and it might not be a surprise to find out that these processes are expensive as fuck to set up and operate, so much so that for some of our legacy parts we literally have no choice but to go through this one manufacturer because they're the only ones doing it.

Anyway, do you remember 3dfx? PowerVR? Matrox? Rendition? SiS? S3? They were all GPU manufacturers over a decade ago, but when ATI/AMD and NVidia started outselling and, ultimately, outproducing them, they couldn't keep up and had to close up shop. Shit moved too fast. Recently there was a five year gap wherein there were no major changes to GPU technology at all, so if anyone had intended to try breaking into the market that would have been the time, but then they'd hit up against the insane entry fee of getting the manufacturing processes set up.

Oh, and at the very least there is some actual competition between the two. Do you think AMD would only be charging $229 for the RX 480 if NVidia hadn't launched their upper-mid card at $450, because I don't.

wby do people even want to upgrade? the graphics today are shit and run like shit because devs cant code to save their lifes

Why would i even think about upgrading when there isnt a single game worth buying with it?

That's fucking 3 months salary to me, I am pretty sure I can find a decent card for cheaper.

same in argentina, they are selling it like 2 or 3 times the original price, you could buy a very decent used sports motorbike for the same amount of money, no shit

because I probably dont need it to play the decades old games I do play.

Modern games are shit, it's saving me money.

You're a fucking faggot and a liar. I have a 770 and you can't run shit on max with it anymore.

Same but I prefer having a small laptop. Plus I only play old shit these days.

Founders edition? What's next, DLC for your GPU?

how much you'll get paid?

It's just the new name for the reference cards. They used to phase them out after launch and leave the bulk of production to third parties for a healthier market.

Some people still want the original Nvidia design though so they're keeping it this time. It's meant to be priced higher than what they expect third parties to come up with to allow them to compete.

Boy, maybe it is time to upgrade.

I will buy an AMD 480 to spite you.

Gtx 750, not going to upgrade in the near future though. Can run games just fine

Because the only thing that changes with new generation of GPUs is that games become more demanding while remaining 2007-tier ugly.
Do not endorse this shit.

Oh well, i guess there's a reason the site is called b8chan.

SHIPPED =/= SOLD. DO NOT FALL FOR THE HAPPY MERCHANT'S RUSE

It's also probably selling pretty well too.

I have a 980 Ti which runs everything I play at 1440p, 60fps max settings. An upgrade at this point would be overkill at 1440p and not enough to push what I'm playing at 4K.

what is the AMD equivalent to the new 1070?

Nothing yet, the last thing they announced was the $200 budget range. They don't want to directly compete.

New competent AMD shit should be out in a few months though, it's very possible that it will be marginally more capable due to the later launch

I can only think of a couple games that require last gen PC hardware & are worth to play.
Can you guys name me a few?
I'm afraid I might be missing some.

Catch: e uif pc

I was about to say MGSV but it runs on literally fucking anything in high res with high FPS.
I guess DCS or Dirt Rally can be counted as such because they are modern and shit(but that's just what i like)

Unless you're a ricer or doing professional video and/or image editing or fancy pants 3DCG, going for top of the line Nvidia offerings for a build is fucking retarded.

Aside from flight sims or Arma I can't think of anything that's worth the admission price and needs top-tier hardware to run well. I have a shitty budget 4 year old laptop and aside from a couple of games I've been able to play pretty much everything.

I was thinking DS3 and The Witcher 3 and before you shit on my opinion they might not be the best games but they are worth playing
IMO to justify buying gaming gear you should have at least 10 games you wanna play on the platform.
This far PC doesn't hold well in that respect, at least for me.

You're a little piece of dumb shit because you only think of modern games.
Just like play old games, there's droves of those. Start with 1998 classics or maybe even before that - if you're into JRPG trash you might as well go for the games that JRPG rips off, Ultima and Wizardry.

I'm comfortable enough with my 2007 poverty tier computer.

A personal choice, Alan Wake, great horror (more like thriller).

My build is already strong, but when I run the Witcher 3 maxed out at 4K it drops into the 40 fps range, whereas it runs at QHD at a solid 60 fps. Same story with Dragon's Dogma with some fancy ENB.. Dark Souls 3 had no problem running at 4K with light SweetFX.

There's a few games that won't run so well at 4K & although I wouldn't mind putting all the pixels to use I already have two 980 Ti & it may be best just to wait for HBM cards. Hell, I might go back to a QHD monitor with a high refresh rate. There are crazy-fast gsync monitors available although their quality control is shit.

Maybe he's maxing everything at 480p resolution with 20-40 fps? :^)

umm…

oh shit, i got gigabyte

Talk about an utterly useless statement.

Nope
reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4bpb3y/does_nvidia_actually_make_their_older_cards_worse/

GOOD GOY

I mostly just play Doom mods, older games, and low maintenance stuff like S.T.A.L.K.E.R and E.Y.E on my PC. So I personally don't need an upgrade at the moment

You're not very good at this user.

Recent Nvidia cards don't perform correctly in Source engine games.