RTS Thread

How about you actually play some RTS this time anons? Edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UChzLZJo-SxuPHz-oYKAIC_g
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=433254185
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Truly liking RTS's is suffering

Are MMORTSs the new cancer killing RTSs?
implying the MOBA's have stopped spreading

Well, I guess I better get on that. I thought the game was pretty neat all things considered.

Anyone here played Majesty?
I would like some advice, as i live in Australia where my internet has a download rate of 126kbs and i'm sharing it with 3 other roommates
any advice is welcome, as i wont be able to play it anyway until next week~

My advice is to elect the guy promising fiber optics instead of cable next time.

I did that
Then Julia back stabbed rudd and downgraded it
Then Liberals were elected and Tony down graded it further
Then Turncoat came out with a plan to make a cheaper and more effective Internet
protip: it wasn't
Now with this double dissolution maybe we'll be able to get someone who can get optics in again

i wish we just bought telstra, we sold it in the first place and it would have given us a significant lead in placing optic fibres

I really ought to make a proper, well-formatted RTS recommendation sometime.

It's not much of an expansion, they just added a new faction which is pretty interesting all things considered, and a new mission. You get it for free, though, so there's nothing to complain about.

Sorry I only played the second one, and even then I don't remember my favorite tactics.

I feel that this list is lacking quite a lot of RTSs
Add more tiers at least

Concern

Jesus christ mate. If you're getting it on Steam, the music breaks the game and has to be removed from the folder. I couldn't get the HD version to work at all on Win8.2, but the HD version has Steam Workshop.

C&C Zero hour with Shockwave or ROTR mod is pretty fun for playing with friends.

I'm wondering how you'd contact the current owners of Total Annihilation and see if they'd be willing to open source it. SpringRTS isn't my cup of tea, an actual port is what I would love to see, with some of the longstanding bugs fixed.

you cut me deep, user. I need a good solo rts

Considering they actually re-released it on Steam sometime ago, something tells me they care about profits more than anything.

Also try Mideast Crisis 2 for CnC 3. It's top quality total conversion with some original features.

My condolences user.

Warcraft 3 has a good campaign if you haven't played it yet.

Oh yes WC3 campaign is great, say what you want about WC3 heroes leading to ASSFAGGOTS, but truth be told, with all those optional quests, item rewards, exploration for secrets and dungeon crawling, Warcraft 3 campaign is fantastic and challenging. Starcraft 2 campaign is fun with those custom units and different flavour for each map, but it gets kinda formulaic.

So anons, other than Blitzkrieg, Eastern Fronts and 1918 what are some good mods for COH1? Or have I just covered them all?

anyone playing sacrifice?

Is Zero-k any good?

You're forgetting this gem.
why its on steam and GOG? No one knows

So AoE2 HD with all the expansions is like 7 euros on steam, far better deal than G2A. To the anons that play it in MP every now and again, worth it to play with you fags / whatever community it has?

I don't play with randoms online but there is for sure an active community. Anyways, it's worth it to get the game. Me and my friends have been playing ASSFAGGOTS for years and when we all got AoE last year to play a free for all game it was like coming back home. There's nothing like the tension of the starting phase, the initial skirmishes and alliances until it finally developes into an all out bloodbath. I've never had people get that angry at me, or the overwhelming feeling of unfairness when you get smashed in the beginning.

I've been meaning to get back into RTS games really, but outside of Mental Omega there has been very little that has been of interest. Seeing the activity AoE got in this thread and watching some videos of "competitive" games did get me a little hype however.

Are the two expansions required to play? From what I understood you only need HD and if playing with someone that has those expansions, you automatically get access to the tech tree - just not the civilizations themselves.

Where the fuck is Battle Realms?

what's wrong with MMORTS?
I had a blast playing Shattered Galaxy during its golden age

fucking switch the great tier and god tier you nimrod

Yep. I set up games every so often here. They're always better with more people and even better when there's someone to shitpost with in the thread afterwards.

Y'all niggas better not be rusing me or I swear to fuck, I'm mostly buying it to play with you guys.

Do it, I'm contemplating setting up a game right now but brexit votes are being counted right now so there's a 1.3k post per hour cyclical thread in Holla Forums I'm busy shitposting in.

i don't have the we wuz expansion but i've got aoe2 I'd be down for a game.

everyone on 8ch is in that thread. MEGA

Don't you fucking cunts let me down now, this is your one and only change to uncuck yourselves and lead by example for Eastern Europe.

just bantz, see you in the lobby

Is it just me or did at one point every single RTS game have the Mammoth Tank in it?

I am awful at aoe2 but I would play.
I'm in the brexit thread with you but there's no class tomorrow so I don't have to care about sleeping early.

I have the other expansion but not the nigger one.

Same. Never stopped me.

As a casual RTS player meaning I don't know shit about shit but I enjoy some decent RTS's every once in a while what is wrong with Supreme Commander 2?

I played TA but the campaign felt boring and repetitive and the skirmish is boring after a few victories on hard; played PA, but 'twas garbage; and played SC2 but only in skirmish and I found it pretty good…

On a different note: has anyone tried the new DLC for SoaSE? Is it worth pirating it?

Rise of Nations is $4 I've been eyeing it for a while how is it.

yes
DLC is a filthy concept and should be pirated when ever possible

Although i should point out that the entire game with DLC is rather cheap, so i dont know why you just didnt buy it altogether in the first case

Still i havnt played the pirate sector DLC yet, but the other DLC seem rather insignificant

Get them on sale, and they're actually not bad for the price. The new planet types and specializations let you go full turboautist on ship production or full jew on taxes, and the increased number of galactic events to fuck your shit up is interesting.

I'd say to grab 'em, just don't pay full price.

(checked)
YOUR MAJESTY!
SIRE!

The game is fairly easy to learn but a bit complex at the same time. Enjoy your advisor voice.

There's a reason why everybody know/like C&C

Good. I wish there were more historical RTS' like it. I really want to play Cossacks, but not sure if I should just wait for Cossacks 3, probably come out by the end of this year.

Nuking the Romans never gets old

Or making a custom scenario where you play as Brits locked in Enlightenment Age versus Bantu locked in Ancient-Classical Age and basically recreating Zulu

fuck, I miss shattered galaxy.. had a ton of fun with that half assed game that still managed to be better than most.

i dont even feel like going back and playing games i missed. shit like that i cant blame on mobas

Did you miss warlords battle cry 3?
If so i suggest you try and pick it up
Ignoring its outdated graphics, it trumps several RTSs that have come out in the last few years despite it being the last one of its franchise the developers put out before they started making kids/phone games

That's not terribly important. As great as TA is its engine won't have commercial value. Open sourcing it would do much more good for everyone the owners included, by allowing it to be ported to other systems, to improve its modding and features even more, and to have some of its problems fixed (lacking AI, broken paralysis, pretty much everything TA Bugfix couldn't do).

At the moment they're owned by the people who do WoT but I'm not sure how I'd go about contacting them about this. Customer service won't be too helpful.

thats actually the last rts i played. about a year ago. played a fairy alchemist cause i wanted to summon golems, since fae lack a proper siege unit, and transmutation is great because eventually youll crave crystal
puzzle quest wasnt bad either

Is War2 Battle.net edition still online?

alchemist is more of a dorf class
Anyone here tried dinosaur bard?
You know and summoning a 100 fucking t-rexs at the start to overwhelm your opponent

what's everyone's opinion on this one, good as 2,000?

The smugness is real. We need to do a Britons only game or something to celebrate this shti.

no thank you

at that point, go play stronghold

A god-tier soundtrack that gives a different composer for each house. This one's by David Arkenstone

For supreme commander JA>1 vanilla>2.

2 added a huge pile of shit and took away a lot of variety in order to add more experimentals.

In your face, faggot.

thats what got me to buy it, i had just beaten red alert 2 and was hungry for MORE. oh man i was not disappointed in the least, shit was mind blowing.
full 3d, a soundtrack that lived up to the expectations red alert 2 left, a game that was similar to what i was familiar with but had the bells and whistles to keep it fresh.
holy shit, im getting reinforcements from nearby territories i conquered? this base i built on the map before is still here? minor factions to assimilate? branching story lines?
it all blew my fucking mind as it was the first experience i had with this shit

the only problems i have with the game are ordos are fucking brokenbut very fun, and most of the time in the campaign youre just playing skirmish matches. which is fun, but sometimes you want to crack a big fucking fortress spanning 70% of the map.

I am incredibly proud of every single last bong south of Scotland. Lead the way for Eastern Europe to follow.

Cool, know anywhere I can buy/torrent it, I remember I had the Diablo 2 style partitioned jewel case but I lost that shit a decade ago. Gog doesn't have it.

Type in Emperor Battle For Dune in KAT

Alright, I got enough booze and British spirit in me for the rest of the morning. Whose up for a game of AOE2 for shits and giggles. Need to justify this purchase somehow

On steam right?

Unfortunately yes, the MP is entirely dependent on Steam itself. While I wouldn't be opposed to using something like Gameranger for it, I'm not sure about others.

Thats fine by me. Vanilla or with the forgotten on? I don't really care either way but I think they did some balance changes in the forgotten, also I don't have King Wewuz expack so that isn't an option for me.

Depends on what other folks have I assume. I have all three expansions available so I can do whichever is chosen. I also have no idea what's best since I literally just bought the game and my knowledge extends to MP videos

Is the Kangz dlc fun

I dunno how many more people are around if you want to do things right now, but I don't have class tomorrow and can wait a while.

I can wait a while myself. Got work later today, but meh fuck it, really wanna play some video games and too giddy to sleep.

I'm keen

I got vanilla HD. Could get forgotten but not touching KANGS.
Which one do you plan to play on ?

We can definitely just do Vanilla then just so you two niggas don't have to buy anything. Anybody feels like hosting or shall I do it myself? If yes, any preferences for map / match settings?

You could host, don't care about settings as I usually leave them on defaults.

Give a lobby name and let's test if we don't lag like hell inside.

It's up. Public game, name is Can't Barrage the Farrage. God knows if I set this up right.

Also gimme your names nigga, I wanna know who to kick in case we want to keep it Holla Forums only.

I'm the commiefornian

That's one. Should we keep the pubs or just do 2v2 between us?

vote for no pubs

Well toss your name out nigga

Eh we can remake and password it, put the password in here.

I forgot that existed. What happened to it?

I ain't got the foggiest as to how is the issue.

I'm the thracian

And we dropped ?

You can kill africans portuguese.

I actually closed the game by mistake, kek. My bad. But ye, I'm curious how the fuck to put a password on this thing, don't see any options to do so

I guess you can't. Thats absurd.

ROOM REMADE

POST YOUR FUCKING NAMES SO I KNOW WHO I CAN KICK AND WHO I CAN'T

Incognito

You can do a private game, when you set up the lobby change public to private. But to invite players inside you need to have them on your friend's list.

That's the main issue in of it all, it's easier to post names in this thread then go through the hassle of using a friend list.

p… p… thracian

JustTundra

GET IN THEN YOU GAYS

Wait are we playing the HD version?

It's fucking loading

BLOW INTO IT FAGGOT

Ayup.

Yes. The steam goodgoy edition

It crashed Microsoft games division with no survivors.

That was pretty fun. I think I'm going to bed though, it is 2 am and I'm a bit tired already.
I'd play more tomorrow or on the weekend if you guys are around then.

Well that was fun despite sucking.
Yellow, you had a gorillion barracks.

gg

> remember that the game is long dead and the only servers still alive are dominated by nolifers expert players
Why is being an RTS player suffering? I just wanna play a casual MP game from time to time.

We were 2 casuals 2 medium and one expert just now.
It isn't always as bad if you can tolerate the first 10-20 losses.

gg everyone.

Same thing happened to me. Took these from the replay, we should all have it if anyone else can be bothered to sift through it.

the destruction of a whole roman legion by a single elephant unit,hippeis cav and archers

HA eat shit faggot

And here I was wondering where you got all of those pikemen from.

is that aoe2 game still going?

Nah. We ended it two or more hours ago.
But if we get people we might go at it again some time.

You played with Goths?

I frikkin loved just zerging with shit-ton of infantry if the game dragged on often making those "pyrrhic victories" or whatever they are called when you lose shit-ton more units than your opponent but still manage to win.

Especially on 4vs4 games the stats screen was allways bizarre with units i've lost going anywhere from 1500 to 3000 while the opponents ranging somewhere between 700 to 1000 but fuck eventually the endless wall of pikes with couple of huskalrs there and there will just overrun you assuming i can keep the economy going on.

Where my sc2fags at?

They're revamping the ladder in an upcoming patch. Anyone here going to try it once it's out?

big fucking woop

Hey Holla Forums any RTSes I should buy during this Steam Sale thing?

Yes, even Warcraft 3 got it's share of mammoth tanks

I wanna try my hand at Cossacks I heard it was Age of Empires but with an obviously bigger focus on 1700s-1800s. It's also made by the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. devs so if it does well we might get S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2.

Age of Empires 2, Wargame Red Dragon (the first two are dead and there might be a Jugoslavija DLC soon), Men of War Assault Squad 2, Rise of Nations.

Damn. What game is this? Total War?

Europe at War is pretty good. It has lots of content. You can find it on Steam as well.

kek

If anyone is still around, I'll set up another game.

I'm here and interested, not sure if it's too late.

Hard to tell what a good time to set games up is because of all the different timezones and such. Especially for me in new zealand.

Will wait around a bit longer before I set it up though.

WHERE THE FUCK MY CATAPHRACTS AT

yes

too busy getting fucked by genoese crossbows :^ )

GET IT YA TWAT

listen you lil bich ill fuck you up wit a 20 min fast imperial cataphract 500 clicks per second rush i swear

enjoy your 7 min crossbow harrass m8 :^)

I just realized I used the meme face twice, I apologize for my transgressions.

S K I R M I S H E R S
K
I
R
M
I
S
H
E
R
S

Game is up, lobby name is THE EU IS FINISHED

I was under the impression it was the Poe's Law face.

Welp.

wait for me

bud you're too busy trying to boom to bother with that shit

We're almost full. We really should just organize by names in this thread and kick out the pubs.

sorry I had to leave m8's, had to deal with power being reset and I'd rather leave before it had to be switched off.

by the way, who were the pubs, I'm pretty sure yellow was a pub because no one would play that bad. Purple Too.

I was orange, struggling to understand Macro. Had a decent run at the start but I got overwhelmed by it once Castle age rolled around.

which one was Marco?

Macro nigga, as in macromanagement.

oh, gotcha.
I just follow a build order, when castle happens just plop two or three TC's down and start spamming A, make sure to rebuild your wood camps once in a while and get enough gold and stone to support your army construction.

BYZANTINE SVPREMVS
ALL HAIL CATAPHRACTS AND DUO BYZ TEAM

also i was green, whaddup

You know purple coulda actually done me in early game if he dint just throw his army into my tc fire

Unfortunately he didn't. He spent everything he had on that initial push so even if it succeed, he was far behind as shit and I don't know the game well enough to abuse my pocket status.

on bf you should build 25 vils, first 6 on sheep, then 4 on wood and 2-4 on berries, then 2 more on food and the rest on wood
You werent really a pocket in this game, cyan was bordering you and he was the one i was most scared of, usually just wall up in bf and fast imp unless your power spike is earlier.
Of course if your teammate is stupid and throws his inmense army into your tc fire then attack mercilessly

Maybe that's why I'm really slow. I'm pretty confident my start is alright but I'm never sure how many villagers I need before I should jump an age. I usually only get 20. To be honest once I get to feudal age my shit starts falling apart.

Also do you guys not put any effort into how you build your farms and just spam them everywhere?

Usually for a normal feudal you want 21-22 vils, for fast castle go to feudal at 25-26 vils, in castle for imp go for 35-40 vils before jumping. Oh and build immediatly 2 tcs in castle to keep vils pumping out

Fuck you for reminding me of this great ruined game.

All I want to do is capture crater one more time ;_;

Anyone still up for another game?

na m8 im gonna play xcom

I am, and I won't leave again but we need to filter out shitty normalfags that build houses around their TC and have 3 on food, 4 on wood, 3 on gold and 3 on stone in feudal.

was your score artificially high because you got your mil score fed by purple or were you that far ahead?

How are you people playing this online?

steam has server support for goodgoys

If you want to filter out normalfags then we need to know eachother, discord/curse/skype whatever should be our shtick
I got my score up my fucking over purple and booming the ever loving shit outta the map, need them cataphract upgrades

Steam

There's an HD version.

HD edition on steam. It's fucking cheap at the moment so just give gaben and the not-devs your sheqels and come play.

Someone say Holla Forums in the chat when they join otherwise they get kicked from the lobby, once we get 4 people we'll do a 2v2

What's the server you nigger.

Name is Virgin's Paradise.

Everyone post your name so I can kick people not from here when I set up the next one.

I already set up a server

see

we need one more, faggots.

Oyy my hands are already rubbing themselves

WE NEED ONE MORE YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS.

You guys aren't playing the expansions?

we are

Buy them if you want.

cmon fags we need one more goodgoy

Downloading but it take fucking 25min.

Give me a few minutes, I can join.
name is majorzero. Are we in the forgotten thing or just regular HD

you best bought both expansions

The wewuz expansion too? Fug

Can't find the game. It might just be incompetence on my part

nigga the kangs expansions is one of the best things that have come to aoe

How so? Does it really add that much?

RIP me.

it fixes a lot of balance shit

also it turns out that the random was the best player out of all of us, how ironic.

Simply embarassing. What are some tactics for RTS. Since I was in the back should I have focused on an army or what.

New campaigns with voice acting, balances the FE civs which were underwhelming, the new civs are a blast to play and may shake up the metain the future, new maps, ect.
MALIANS OP

If youre in a pocket position you shoulda focused on developing enough economy to hit castle age quickly to pump out knights and raid the enemy's eco

well purple was applying a lot of pressure and we both were very distracted, if you broke down a wall with a ram or something and flooded my base with knights I would have been toast.

So how good are the players around here?

mid 1500's elo to mid 1600's elo is my estimate.

Pretty average overall

I totally expected that.

If you're way out of the battle you want to produce as many excess resources as possible and feed them through tributes to your team mate on the front lines then send a bunch of cavalry around into enemy bases to kill villagers.

All of us are fucking garbage.

War elephants are broken as fuck

also purple would have stomped if italians weren't the hard-counter to mongols.

Is anyone looking to play more today? I missed the earlier games and would like to lose something while the night is still young.

I've got another game left in me.
Preferred something with people who suck just as much as I do though.

Up for one too even if i'm rusty as hell

2-3 volleys of flame arrows and they're rendered useless

What are the best singleplayer RTS games?

Blitzkrieg or Cossacks?

Medieval 2 and Shogun 2 + Fall of the Samurai.
Homeworld 1/2
Sword of the Stars' combat is a unique take on fleet-based space battle
Convoy, surprisingly.

Don't be afraid of turn-based combat. Games like The Banner Saga, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Valkyria Chronicles and XCOM are fun as well.

game where?

I could host but I'm in the western USA so I dunno if that works out for everyone since my ping to everyone will likely be pretty high.

mate I'm in new zealand, if you don't have an ocean between you and one other person you're better off than me.

Ah, I had assumed everyone would be yuros like yesterday.

No one cares about the ladder

I am excited for more Coop content for days son

All edginess aside, how is TW Warhammer, honestly? Is it any fun?

Just play Call of warhammer The Beginning of the End Times. Much better

So has this been patched to a playable state or is Homeworld kill?

His dead Jim, you have to move on.

Whose up for some more AoE, got nothing to do now that work for the day is canceled.

Fucking kill yourself.

Are there any RTSs without shit unit number restrictions?
I like to bunker down, waiting until I have an unending hoard of which I can use to UNLEASH HELL

cossacks and similiar games
total anihilation
supreme comander

I love turn based, but I just wanted to give real time a shot too after liking it in UFO and Apocalypse.

I heard Valkyria Chronicles was bad

Anyways hows' that new homeworld thing, deserts of whatever? It doesn't look much like a homeworld game but if it's good I'll overlook that

Why awaken for ISIS, pillar men were vampire aztecs. Should have just used a nasheed instead.

also slavs are not appropriate representation for polish in aoe since they are clearly meant to be orthodox
still better than goths in that one mission though i guess

i will gladly steal every achievement from germans. fuck them

So what are you assburgers playing?

Does anyone know if Offworld Trading Company is fun?

AoE 2 HD wit the expansions

Warlords Battlecry 3

AoE 2 Campaings until people feel like playing Multiplayer again. Debating on playing the original Stronghold campaign again as well.

What is the communist hymn that plays when the Norks attack.

My friend bought me the nigger expansion for AoE 2.

Strategy games are for faggots.

HURF DURF WHO CAN BUILD UP RESOURCES FASTER TO MAKE THE BEST BUILD TO BEAT THE ENEMY ONLY TO DO THE SAME SHIT AGAIN

Whos up for some Age? If enough people get in ill host an expansions lobby, post your

Fug,
post your in game names so i can kick out randomers

I'm interested in a game if there's anybody else joinin.

Sure, theres only us two an im not feeling a 1v1 right now

Server name you fag.

Just put up a server and people will come. I'll take a smoke and join after, name's FluffyOne.

low aps detected.

I'm keen.
Got the we wuz kangs expansion the other night too

Holla Forums's funtime palooza

Sorry bout that something came up

What the fuck just happened.

nigger please
someone else make a lobby

RIGHT GONNA REHOST MYSELF, NAME IS CAN'T BARRAGE THE FARRAGE

POST NAMES HERE SO I CAN KICK PUBS

Just make a password and make it Holla Forums.

Can't put passwords on this shit, would need all of you on my friend list and fuck that.

An impromptu password you moron. Have people type in the chosen password in the chat.

Noshur Viverse

Fine, Starcraft 2 is shit or something memetastic, I don't give much of a shit.

I hit Exit instead of Ready.

I am a dumbfuck. Room is remade.

Welp.

I really wish I had my harddrive so I could post that guy screaming in that porno. You know the one.

So is it back up?

I'll make one then

oie wheres the lobby

wait just a minute buggers I'll join

I'll join as soon as it finishes installing

ill make one, just say Holla Forums in chat so as to not get kicked, names Holla Forums's fun time palooza

Taking its time

dont worry mate, weve all been there

take your time m8, we're fine with waiting a bit.

Is this some AoE2 action going on?

HD edition, im hosting an expansions lobby, you can join it even if you dont have the expansions
B A S E D D E V S

Sounds like a good time. I'm in VC hell right now like the other guy, so it'll be a minute.

how yall holding up, if youre in remember to search for "any" on the lobby filters and scroll to the bottom

It's been stuck on installing part 3 for half an hour

restart steam, that worked for me

Is Cossacks Anthology any good? I'm an AoEfag that's decided to try the series out, but something in the back of my mind is nagging me about this one. I feel like I've read somewhere that the Anthology is missing a bunch of stuff and there's a different release that has everything.

Gee gee Noshur.

Any good fantasy RTS? i'm a faggot for fantasy rts.

AoM is god tier

this guy got it all figgered out

I have that actually, and it is.

Game had already started.
But now it's done, you burgers still around?

Man we got fucked badly.

that fucking first attack gave me a heart attack. I saw that cheeky transport but didn't see where it went for ages. what happened early game. did you attack green? nice game guys.

i got two slots closed, but i can open em join in feggit

what's the room name?

Holla Forums's funtime palooza, check the "any" tab on the filters

If theres still room Ill join up in like 5 minutes.

Nea, I didn't touch green, was busy trying to keep up with my economy. The fact you can't build town centers until Castle really fucks me up for some reason.

Well shit. Let me know if you fuckers are up for another once you're done.

YELLOW PRIDE WORLD WIDE

I'm up for another, we just finished

Well.

hosted another for for ya guys, same pass as before

Were you the nigger who kept trying to steal my sheep? I was green

I love rts

a hero

I was blue 8)
Orange still sent you resources? Fuckin hell hes the real mvp of the game

sometimes victory makes you like that

It's the only way I even made a few units to fight back

Orange Hero if you can read this were waiting for you

Gray, I'm sorry I was shit. Let us remember the good times, when we raided the shit out of green last game.

man it's my fault, I had to take a fat shit and I knew that by the time I got back I would have been fucked

God damn that map was cancerous. Still well played blue you tower rushing fuck.

;-;7

close quarters shenanigans
Towers ftw

o7
Greatest friend I ever had.

:^)

Orange deserves this crown

Im sorry fer being a dick, i hate tower rushing more than anyone can believe

Tower Rushing in of itself is fine as far as I'm concerned, I'm not THAT shite that I can't deal with it. But starting at 24 villagers while having the enemy literally over a hill bump to the west fucks me up big time since it's the first time I played on a setting like that.

green was bro teammate btw 8)) gg green and your garrison

yeah that map is shenanigans

Tbh you and yellow coulda fucked me over big time if you raided my eco, i barely had any defenses

we didn't have all that much. fluffy didn't really have anything but still managed to feed me resources.

i had a huge problem with your light cav, if you slipped through i was fucked, but still gg, i had to juggle you guys and the top team

alright motherfuckers, I'll host

Was too late fam. Second I noticed the barracks it was already up and defended by a tower while I didn't have any military buildings, thinking you'd be busy with the people to the west / north while I could - at worst - expand eastwards some. Turns out the map was a literal dot in the middle of the map surrounded by water so I had nowhere to go. Ran over towards Yellows right and tried to get back into the game only to get cut off by water to the east and purple to the north, sapped as many resources as I could and got a small task force up to deal with your mangonels. Unfortunately we didn't have the manpower needed to fight off your army or win a war of attrition.

Ah well. You should invest in [email protected]/* */ as a last resort in feudal, archers and scouts are the way to go

Name?

Holla Forums welcome to the slamjam

Ye, noted. Still, was fun staring menacingly at you over the hill with my light cav and sole Knight running circles around. I could taste the panic of a stray mangonel leaving the pack.

Fuckin mangs man, fatty lil cunts cant run for shit

we need one more

So anons, how do you get Act of War to work on Windows 7 64bit?

Oh, and here I was thinking you had quit because I was a shit team mate. I wouldn't have quit myself if I knew you just went for a shit.

A real human bean.

You were a right proper mate. It was an honor shitting with you.

Is there an AoE game still going?

nah it fell apart, cyan dint build his halbs soon enough and got curbstomped, shoulda focused purple cuz he was op af but had to help grey out

gg tho, that purple lad was too good

Grey here, sorry bby. Still not used to when to build military shit and don't have a lay for most of the map types to know where to wall up.

Alright so what's the best way to train?
I want to get better so I can properly compete with you guys.

blue here, I didn't do shit and I feel like shit because of it. I mobilized far too late to be of any use

was purple a random?

Play games with us nerd. Like I'm an utter shitter and I have no shame.

youtube.com/channel/UChzLZJo-SxuPHz-oYKAIC_g
I watch this guy

cyan here, same. I didn't know what i was doing with that new civ. then I saw purple score was like 1000 ahead of everyone else and i shat the bed.

ayy its cool man 8) age is fun no matter what. just remember that in flanks you need to get to feudal and castle super early

we were going against an almost strickt cav/archer lineup and we had some of the best inf in the game, remember to always play to your strength and learn the basic civ strenghts.

Teutons and Malians and Aztecs should go infantry, Mongols Persians and Franks should go cavalry, it all depends on your civs. But oh well gg anywhoo

You helped me out a lot. Shame it wasn't our efforts that actually won the game.

yeah

were al garbago tho, if you want to get better watch Resonance22, BBQTurkman, ZeroEmpires (ofc) and Spirit of the Law

I did help you? it looked like you had that trash handled pretty well with that castle

Gonna walk the mutt, we doing another in like 10?

Preferably without a random single-handily crushing all of us

lol sure, i enjoy these games more than with randomers anyway

yeah, as long as we don't have these fucking retarded sudden death maps

ill pick a normal map
the last sudden death map is for shenanigans only tho

I wish you could put a password or something on the lobby.

zeroempires is a faggot. If you want to get good just watch the raw recorded games of pros playing so you don't have to subject yourself to the commentary.

remove randoms

kek I just found that guy.

Gotta take a piss. Will join the next game.

Zero's commentary is probably the best there is though, which is what you need when watching the pro games he has in his channel

Next match when?

after walks the mutt

fuck, fixed

Back niggas, let's play.

post the game name you tard

8)

If anyones not hosting im hosting. Usual name (v's funtime palooza)
Password is anything related to v, or B A S E D D E V S

I can't scroll down the lobby list. I am being forced back to the top of the list constantly.

fuck acropolis

FUCKING INCAS GET OUT OF MY BASE

This was my last game, later folks ill play tomorrer

fucking christ

I let the team down

gg everyone.

One of the few times being Mongols is suffering

BYZANTINES BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

HAHAHAHAHAHHA NO WAY FAM

Y-yeah that's what they were doing

oh thats it weeb, next time ill fuckkin carry

BYZANTINES

BLOWN

THE

FUCK

OUT

GIT

GUD

I dunno what the hell you were doing but I just assumed you were trying to save Blue Exercise in futility, not like you can save a shitter from himself from hot Incan dick. Although to be fair that first skirmish vs the mangonels where you lost a shitload of XBows put ya' far behind.

My town was by far the cutest

Did you fucking what.

catas would have overpowered the eagle spam, just to let you know.

RULE BRITANNIA
BRITANNIA RULE THE WAVES
BRITONS NEVER WILL BE SLAVES

That is a pretty comfy town tho'. We should play Strongholds one day just to compete who has the better castle.

BLOWN
L
O
W
N
THE
H
E
FUCK
U
C
K
OUT
U
T

I missed shittalking in games, fucking newer games just don't make it as entertaining

Not enough stone, was focusing on raiding an shit

My biggest weakness in RTS is choosing form over function.

ARITE THEN LAD LETS FUCKEN 1V FUCKEN 1 THEN EH LAD WAG1

It's alright mate, maybe one day you will learn that Byzantine Sucks shit :^)

Im mad cuz incas are actually one of my top 3 civs :,(

Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy

In all seriousness I'd love to play some more games tomorrow once folks are rested and shit. Wonder if we can get any other games up and running or if AoE happens to be the magic thing that unites Holla Forums and gives them motivation to play a RTS together.

Same dude, a 4v4 or a 2v2v2v2 shenaninganner would be blastin

saved thepic

Is there any way to see what your opponents are saying in the replays?

should be, though i donnno

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=433254185

Muh dikk

I mean, you can see if anybody else feels up like playing and I'll join in to get my shit rekt.

A while ago I played mental omega for like 3 hours straight with some user in our rts thread that I only beat like twice. That was fun as hell.
I'd be willing to play some other games like Cossacks, SupCom, RA2/Mental omega or whatever people want to play. I'm awful at all of them so it doesn't really matter to me.

I can't play from 20 UTC to probably like 1ish UTC because I'll be in the /gsg/ hearts of iron game tomorrow.

Same here mate. Who're you playing as?

Sure, I can go host if anyone want to join and put up with a US west host. What do I name this nonsense?

Duce
I don't have the webm version

Something easy to recognize, we need at least another two niggas if we want a fun game tho'

I'm still around

Got a game up named Holla Forumsirgins paradise.

PORTUGAL STRONK EVEN AS I FUCK UP MY WOODLINE AGAIN AND DON'T HAVE ENOUGH WOOD TO SUPPORT MUH FARMS

I should have thought the Teutons would harass me with knights but I didn't build units early enough to tell him to fuck off.

I got lucky I got ignored again for the n-th time this night and was allowed to do my own thing while still failing at it. My entire contribution that game was building a single castle and holding it next to top-rights base

Twice in a row

I forgot to lure my second boar until after Feudal, and I ended up losing a villager from trying to lure it due to lag.

it doesnt have cossaks 2

Sorry that I failed you samurai.

I warned of my NA shit lag, the game only completely stopped like twice so that's fine

I learned to stop going after boars on massive ping, it just ain't fucking worth it anymore. I'd rather build some farms - which leads into the woodline problem but fuck it, unless that boar spawns within range of my citizens I ain't bothering.

Also we going again or you niggers done for the night?

I'm going to bed in a little bit, so I'll pass.

I'm up for another, but it'll probably end up 1v1 at this rate.

2 v 2 minimum or bust I say. Best to wait half a day for people to get back home / wake up if that's the case. GG nerds.

It's fucking shit, but at least it's only 8 bucks for the summer sale instead of 30.

If you can figure out how to make the multiplayer work on pirated version, do and let us know.

is there any rts coming out soon? anything on kickstarter?

Do people still play Forged Alliance, or is it too late to jump on that bandwagon?

Steam isn't the only way to play AoE and plenty of fags still play the non-hd version.

Thanks

New thread where, I need my daily dose of Byzantine autism.

Just pirate it and we can try to organize on Gameranger nigga. Alternatively just get the HD version alone which is 3 bucks and is - more or less - worth it for that price even if the money doesn't go to the original devs, which are fucking ded m8.

Also remember to get the expansions
B A S E D D E V S

It's only $7 right now for the game and all the expansions.

New Thread