Paper Mario: Color Splash thread

seems like SJWs don't like Treehouse's sly bullshit on Color Splash either.

oneangrygamer.net/2016/06/paper-mario-color-splash-parodies-five-guys-and-gamergate-scandal/4914/

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20141008023401/http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/29187/miyamoto-star-fox-will-be-reborn-if-people-buy-3ds-remake/
iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/starfox/0/7
please
archive.is/LFzLj
archive.is/rjteq#selection-3143.1-3163.0
archive.is/nchQD
youtube.com/watch?v=8M9Uyc34qCE
youtube.com/watch?v=qhdAa-06-0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=TqnWoJrlMzc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We already had this thread today. Im pretty sure its still on the catalogue.

Everyone is going full retard over this, we already had threads about it DURING E3, IT'S A WATERGATE REFERENCE.

Stop giving that cunt attention.

I don't see any other Paper Mario threads at the moment.

Also
You'd think they'd just not even bother with referencing that shit in a Nintendo game given that it's just going to piss everyone off.

seeing how #GG is too much of a trend around and people seeing it as a reference to the #gamergate controversy, i doubt the reference is innocent.

might as well accept it's not a reference to nix's bullshit

anyways

If you wanna know want the fuck happened to Paper Mario and how SS/CS came to be, read this.

An infograph, referring to:
-one of the Iwata Asks on Sticker Star (from the older version of the infograph)
-GameXplain's E3 interview with one of the producers of Color Splash
-a couple of tidbits on Miyamoto opinion on the Mario series and Toad
put together by the sane parts of the former halfchan. (no Jim Watkins-composed chansite wars and hubris please)

the unleashed producer Kensuke Tanabe taking Miyamoto's quotes, outside SS' development, and suggestions into worse turns.

examples:
>Tanabe and the new Paper Mario team removes nearly anything related to TTYD

>Kensuke takes notes and decide tone down the uniqueness of Paper Mario to NSMB-tier homogeneity (see: all the Toad NPCs over the years of PM) as opposed to 3D World having new enemies and unique versions of old/returning enemies.

Alison pls

"fun guys" is one of the oldest mushroom jokes there are, and there's an additonal line where the yellow one says "remember: you saw nothing"

It's Watergate.

They're retards for thinking it's about Gamergate and trying to play the victim.

Isn`t treehouse responsible for the translation? I really really really doubt they would tread on such dangerous grounds, plus -gate is a common burgerland thing

People say the 5 toads are what makes the reference, but that`s just coincidence

and reminder, do not fear of SS' sales. and the Club Nintendo Q/A poll on SPM, Kensuke Tanabe referred about, is extremely bullshit. the co-producer of Color Splash said they're willing to do a TTYD remaster "if fans want it".

regardless of Zero's failure on having a good reception among Star Fox fans, railshooter fans in general, people who've played the 99% complete SF2 Beta rom, or fans of SF64, Star Fox 643D has proven that Nintendo is willing to put the series back to the former.

long ago Miyamoto said in a Iwata Asks interview that if people don't buy and enjoy Star Fox 643D, he won't be able to put the SF Wii development in place (becoming Zero) and reincarnate the Star Fox series.
web.archive.org/web/20141008023401/http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/29187/miyamoto-star-fox-will-be-reborn-if-people-buy-3ds-remake/
iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/starfox/0/7

as the failure that is SF Zero came to be and 643D gaining a Nintendo Select (know fact that Player's Choice given to games that succeed Nintendo's expectations.), 643D manage to pass Nintendo's expectations for it.

the Sly Clooper collection plays as another example to this as well.

If we're going to win back Paper Mario, we must try. (no defeatism involved)

see

and both Watergate and #Gamergate had something to do with "five guys" involved. it's more likely a clever reference to that than a simple joke to fungis

>but that`s just coincidence

even with a good translation the game will be generic trash like Sticker Star.

After "green mario" I can completely accept Treehouse doing a stupid fungis joke.

reaching hard

Its killing me, the amount of retards at Nintendo.

Did it hurt?

Wait, so NOW they don't like NoA putting "memes" (even if it's not) into games?

Why it wouldn`t be? If they had make any reference to individuals being mean to other individuals along side all this scenario I would be convinced

ever since they fired Rapp, yeah.

strange month

KOWASHITAI gotten a good score by fucking Polygon

Well you tell me user, which is more probable, SJW Treehouse intentionally painting LW in a bad light or a watergate reference?

IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT YOU FUCK

"Stop making my suffering into a fucking joke"

A: You're the joke
B: You're making yourself suffer

why would it?

>If they had make any reference to individuals being mean to other individuals along side all this scenario I would be convinced
irrelevant.

we just had the same thread not too long ago

fuck off

even thought M&L are made by former Square devs who worked on SMRPG, Paper Mario (formerly SMRPG2) still came first.

neck yourself

Naw m8

It does now. Nintendo just wants to make Paper Mario into some unbearably shit series that they just use as an excuse for paper puns and gags.

I seriously cant get why they like the new gameplay approach, its so terrible.

Why do you keep regurgitating this meme?

It sold horribly.

off to the mobile dungeons with you Nintendo. Hopefully you enjoy catering to a more brain dead audience than you already have

Prove it and define "horribly" when the series has been in a downward sales spiral since 64.

When a game opens up to 25,000 sales in Japan, thats a pretty big deal when its Nintendo shit.

limited controls options, no multiplayer on a console known to have a ton of multiplayer online games (even SF Guard has it), and redoing 64 again (but in butchered ways, i.e no Area 6, 64 Katina, or Macbeth) when a 643D exists is not going to help the game sell.

don't even have to post the darn infograph, 'cause i've too played the game and said my opinion on it on Miiverse. (with that FoxMcCloud guy damage control in the comment sections)

hated how useless Direct-i is in-game, All-Range on every fucking boss even based Attack Carrier right after Sector fucking Omega, and how they ruined Zoness. Railshooter segements and the Star Wolf fights are top-notch regards on how shit Zero is everywhere else.

accept facts, people want Star Fox to come back all healthy like in the past (pre-Command), but not like this.

pic related, ZhugeEX explain how it's a failure citing how long it's been in development and the amount of developers they need to pay each.

also having a much worse launch than Command

People seeing it as Gamergate are dips who can't even remember back to middle-school American history, and egotistical Twitter teenagers already don't need a reason to cry persecution and harassment if they vaguely allude to Gramblegab in their crying and pissing themselves.

I sincerely doubt it's a Gamergate joke based on the absolute loosest of coincidences given the subject is hilariously niche to the point of the only people bringing it up in translated/localized media being fucking retards or pissy Something Awful goons doing anime translations, and the Law & Order episode is still fresh in peoples' minds.

And?

And?

Shit opinions

You're "zhugeEX" aren't you?

Get a load of this delusional faggot.

Fucker I just threw out Kid Icarus Uprising because its controls are flat out fucking dog shit

The only controls nintendo knows how to do well is platformers, and its a fucking crime by this point. They seriously need somebody from the west to come over and teach them basic control schemes or for sure they'll be dead next generation

Why not both?

God, you have to be fucking terrible to throw out a game solely because of its controls. I thought the trackball system was awkward but by no means unplayable.

All you dumbasses sticking your heads in the sands saying this isn't a gamergate reference and is instead talking about watergate is fucking retarded. Every nu-age progressive pile of shit pokes fun at gamergate but some fucking how this joke, that throws multiple references in at once, has nothing to do with it. Fucking idiots.

Why do you do this to me user?
You know she was told to say that, it's just disgusting

Only reference I could feasibly see is "Five Fun Guys" which is a shitty mushroom joke.

It's no hope. When people grow obsessed over something, they see it everywhere. Why do you think Holla Forums blames everything on the joos?

Everyone knows that Five Guys burger and fries is a huge supporter of GamerGate

I can't believe this is real. There's no way this can be real. Injecting such toxicity into their games. For no utterable reason other than to fulfill their pity desires.

They've lost a customer for life. I am never buying anything from them again. And I know I'm not alone.

"Why should I have to suffer for my consequences of fucking five men behind my boyfriend's back! It has to be someone else's fault!"

If only one stupidly delivered line in one sequence was the worst of this game. It's sticker star 2.0 and the interview with that shrew proved it

GG really is their bogeyman

ah another day in the life of a professional victim….get that spotlight back on me!

That along with being too young/stupid to know about Watergate is probably it, they don't have any other "gate" to compare to and the reference to Watergate already in Gamergate goes right over their heads.

You can't say that here.

… I'm really sick of NoA putting memes and twitter bullshit into the translations of games. It shows absolutely no respect towards the creator of said game or the original source material.

I can only hope NoJ monitors their localization of Zelda more closely.

I wouldnt call Star Fox niche, something like Neptunia is niche when its only expected to sell 30,000 copies or so at most. Star Fox is still a brand name, its just neglected because Nintendo only wants to make Mario shit.

It also doesnt help that people are polarized on controls, people just dont care for motion controls anymore when its done in the way that it was done for Star Fox. And not having multiplayer is a bit of deal when a DS game had it. Local multiplayer wouldnt entirely help either because that system now is designed for people who live on a tiny island nation with Monster Hunter cafes now.

Star Fox use to be outselling every fucking Kirby game released until Assault was released breaking the million habit Star Fox had each gen. (they still gave it a Player's Choice regards)

Nintendo wants this series to go back in shape as it use to, but seeing Zero, Miyamoto might give up again.

Miyamoto should just go to make mobile games now. I still respect the man, but the dude fucked so many games up as of late.

Why can't these morons understand that how things look and how they actually play are incredibly different in value?

A game that offers 3 control schemes and only one is viable for moving the character and the other two send you careening off ledges to your death is dog shit

people praised 643D having everything in 64, normal controls and optional gyro and people still complained about Star Fox Command's shitty controls. also having expanded multiplayer, which got people hoping Zero will have online multiplayer. but you go ahead and keep pretending it's not a problem for Zero to freaking sell, it's dead in water.

no one asked for 64 again and no 64 fan asked for a inferior successor to 64. get this in your head, fag.

cry more, find me a Star Fox fan on social media that enjoys what they done to Zoness and saying they had more use with Direct-i than flipping into the walker to hack into shit.

and Andross was a real disappointment, right after the intense final Star Fox fight in nu-Venom.

fuck no, he's actually citing from sources and IS part of the game industry. Star Fox Zero did had a shit ton of dev working on the game and had a bad start-up in freaking japan, go look at the damn credits and Media Creates.

unless you want real twitterfags pulling shit out there ass, go see Liam "Shovel Knight will be in Smash soon, he gotten an amiibo! F-Zero will come back in 2 years!" Roberson and Emily "Zelda a girl! Paper Mario won't be Sticker Star 2!" Rodgers.

see

*Star Wolf fight

So if it really was a Watergate ref,then it was about

Five Guys: Burglars and Spies

and also

Zero was in 10th place of the first week
please use archive.is/articles/top-ten-best-selling-games-in-the-us-for-april-201/1100-6439766/
that's not really anything impressive

archive link for this post

archive.is/LFzLj

I remember that Club Nintendo survey. I shitted all over SPM as it was, at the time, the worst PM ever.

Until Nintendo went and said

I simply can't comprehend being that out of touch.

it's mostly CN japs

remember that Tanabe claimed that people enjoyed the dimension switch gimmick over the story (which is inferior to TTYD)

It's too ambiguous as to what "side" they're on for me to believe it was about GG unless they're convinced that the game is going to be so bad (entirely possible) that controversy is the best way to advertise for it. Might have been a good tactic back in 2014 or early 2015, not so much now. She doesn't actually give a fuck either way, just milking for a bit more victimbux as everybody continues to forget about her.

I know you guys don't leave your hugbox often anymore and any dissenting opinion is labeled "ralph shill" or "goon", but it's really not anywhere near as relevant as you think it is at this point. A couple dozen spergs arguing on twitter with a small, extra crazy fringe of the SJW cult that still cares, that sums it up.

t. Trudeau

That's actually kind of clever.

If you browse the thread where she posted there, you can find a salt goldmine.

it is time

So this is what happens when you go full GG

Its a mushroom joke

Get that disgusting pig out of here faggot.

Ok dumbass.

Cheked, but check THIS get

You know you want it, you know you want to slap her, kick her in the stomach and slide your cock inside her as you beat her into submission

Feels nice to be on topic, for once.

Is it possible that Allison was a keystone SJW in the company holding back the rest of the team?
Something that prevented them from mocking all flavors of faggot secondaries?
People that complain about games they haven't played
Social Justice Warriors
Virtue signallers that whine about localizations but don't import.

The most annoying thing about Starfox Zero, is that the "2 viewpoint gameplay" only really works in all range mode and not on rails (which fans really want after the all range mode stuff from SFC).

So we end up getting a re-imagining of 64, a mostly on rails game that removes most of those levels and then adds more all range levels so that "2 viewpoint gameplay" can be used as much as possible.

I don't think there is any level in SFZ that is 100% on rails, there is always an all range segment (mostly boss battles) at the end of it. Eg, Corneria 1 & 2, Fortuna, Macbeth.

They added the Gyrowing which is only used in 1.5 levels, which while a nice idea that might have been a better fit for a more action based Pilotwings game. Or even better since the Gyrowing was designed as an aircraft that "moves in 3D space" why didn't they bring back the Blue Marine? If would have been understandable to the players to have a slow moving craft that can move in 3D if it's operating underwater. And the Direct-i could still be included as an underwater ROV (like some real mini subs have).

How is a near perfect N64 game from 1997 still better than the re-imagining of it? Nintendo should have just tried to make a fully new SF instead of half assing it. It would have been more appreciated than SFZ.

I would not be surprised if the next Starfox game we see is going to be a spin off like Guard, considering how much praise that has gotten.

I hate you

why live?

Alright, that was a bit clever, but you still have to sit the trip out.

they might put pic related in change of Star Fox, if so.

who's ready for Stickear Fox: Cornerian Force on the NXDS with chibi being an excuse for comfortable gameplay visuals?

Can i ask a question? Is anyone sticking up for Nintendo? Like Treehouse and NoA can get fucked for all the shit they've done. I hope the SJWs fuck with em to no end. First the Link thing, now this. Eat shit Treehouse/NoA

What happened?

And I still think Nintendo as a whole is alright, but NoA is a cancer.

Some SJWs started a rumor that Link was gonna be female in the new Zelda. Of course they were wrong, so all during the Treehouse conference/Breath of the Wild reveal, SJWs on twitter were losing their minds because its [Current Year] and Link needs a vagina

i think it's the "Link is a girl" leak shit Emily Rodger and the rest of the dumbest twitterfags was spouting about.

after Aonuma said "no girl Link, ever", Link is a fuckboy (Male, but a "gender-neutral"-like design since OoT), and considered doing a playable Zelda in mainline Zelda; people still persisted.

i really hate the Zelda fanbase and the secondaries it attracts.

Oh I thought you meant that NoA did something involving Link.

But yes, appealing to SJWs really hasn't been working out for NoA at all.

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT!

oh yeah, forgot to post this for people defending Zero's two screens shit. even Aonuma thinks the gamepad is shit for that.

after forcing motion controls on Skyward Sword, Miyamoto really needs to retire.

It's depressing to realize that idea would probably get more praise from Nintendo fans (a co-op, on foot shooter starring the SF cast) than the Metroid spinoff Federation Force.

Are there really people out there still who think Sheik is a man still?

Also on the subject of female Link, here's a Q&A from Kotaku Jason Schreier interviewing Eiji Aonuma.

Schreier: But when you look at Link, you see a certain type of person—you see a male character… There was a case I remember where a father coded Legend of Zelda and made it so you could play as a woman because his daughter wanted to feel like she was really represented in the game. Mr. Aonuma, have you ever thought about that, and whether it'd be more inclusive to female players if they could play as someone of their own gender?

Aonuma: Is it that simple—that creating a female character means bringing more female users into the world?

It's depressing to realize that idea would probably get more praise from Nintendo fans (a co-op, on foot shooter starring the SF cast) than the Metroid spinoff Federation Force.

Are there really people out there still who think Sheik is a man still?

Also on the subject of female Link, here's a Q&A from Kotaku Jason Schreier interviewing Eiji Aonuma.

Schreier: But when you look at Link, you see a certain type of person—you see a male character… There was a case I remember where a father coded Legend of Zelda and made it so you could play as a woman because his daughter wanted to feel like she was really represented in the game. Mr. Aonuma, have you ever thought about that, and whether it'd be more inclusive to female players if they could play as someone of their own gender?

Aonuma: Is it that simple—that creating a female character means bringing more female users into the world?

How well did Sticker Star even sell anyway?

why is she so perfect?

This place has had a serious goon infestation for a while, it's not even surprising anymore.

Apparently sold more than the previous Paper Mario games.

I don't want to even contemplate a universe where that thing could be considered perfect. Truly the most merciful thing would be to let that universe die in the cradle, snuffed out before it could possibly infect any other.

All you fucking narrow niggers, of course there's a mushroom joke in there, but that's only part of it. No one at treehouse knows jack nor shit about watergate and they sure as hell wouldn't know about any other fiasco involving 5 guys. They are avid memers who spend their time on social networking sites, do you seriously think they are beyond knowledge of gg, even if they 'accidentally' victimized poor LW?
Unless you're merely pretending because of some master plan, stop being retarded.

Chelsea pls go

it's less out of touch and more taking any excuse they can to justify what they already had planned.

After replaying WW and finding it's actually good, I am starting to think that Aonuma himself isn't that bad.
It seems a lot of the horrible decisions on TP and especially SS were Miyamoto's fault.

cmon son

archive.is/nchQD it doesn't seem to be fake, at least. Also don't look unless you want to vomit at the ugliest tits you've ever seen.

So it was Tanabe and Kensuke's fault, and not Miyomoto?

I got used to it, but I agree. Where people just defending it because of the journos going ape after Rapp?

So was she baiting journos even back THEN?

Man, Skrillex got really fat.

Like I said, shit opinions, and you must be braindead retarded if you can't fucking coordinate aiming with a pen and moving with the circlepad.

It's been selling sub-100k units both in Japan and NA since 64. Starfox hasn't had any game even come close to selling as much as 64 did.

You don't have to look back and forth when playing Starfox Zero, you dumb shit. You've never played the game, kill yourself.

i hope this start to kill the maymays, who ami kidding? those faggot will continue to have a job

SOURCE
FUCK

you don't but Miyamoto still recommend it and it shit.

see >>9805202's pic

Apparently Nintendo PR confirmed it wasn't supposed to be a GG reference.
Won't stop Quinn and her goons from screeching about it though.

i've heard

from Eurogamer:

sauce?

refer to

and quit pull shit out of your ass, it's a know fact 64 sold nearly 4 million worldwide and Adventures being the very last million seller for Star Fox, selling 800,000 in the US and 200,000 in japan.

Star Fox use to be selling gangbusters than Wario Land. FE, and Metroid Prime until lost its million speed right during when Assault was released 2 years before the GCN and it's games discontinued due to the Wii, letting other franchises outsell it.

how about you stop downplaying Star Fox's legecy in remorse of how much a failure Star Fox Zero was. you're no better than faggots whining "Metroid doesn't sell!" when Nintendo HOPED Other M would sell over a million like every other Metroid title (Zero Mission excluded) by the end of the year. (which didn't)

Eurogamer and Mynintendonews

Schreier is up his own ass Aounoma knows that women like Link as he is. It was the character designers wife that requested Adult Link to be made, and Aounoma has said his wife never cared about his work until she saw Wind Waker

might as well consider this thread useless since it's over

normal PM thread next time

Fucking knee jerk fags are the worst. Told you fucks its a mushroom joke and has nothing to do with GG

a day late bud

sage goes in email

It hurts knowing we'll never get semen demons again

Someone made porn of Huey back when people thought it was a girl

I just want to see a screenshot of that part in the Nip version, though there probably aren't any.

would be in huge shock if they make Huey in CS as much of a douchebag like the other Huey in MGSV:TPP

you think?

I'm not sure what the point of that is. I just meant I want to see that particular part in the Japanese version so I can see what it says there. I don't actually know where that screenshot comes from, if it's a trailer or what. Doesn't seem so though as I just checked and didn't see it in there.

youtube.com/watch?v=8M9Uyc34qCE
youtube.com/watch?v=qhdAa-06-0Q

youtube.com/watch?v=TqnWoJrlMzc

Watergate: Exposed is the title of a popular book about Watergate.

Also this scene which pretty much cinches it's about Watergate

see >>9824305

fiesta's over. just do a new Paper Mario thread without the #GG shit

And there it is.

So what are the odds that this is what the outcry was actually all about? They knew very well it was a Watergate joke, but if they made enough noise, that they would be able to get Nintendo to come out and say that they condemn gamergate, thus validating the narrative they've created.

But Flea is actually beautiful and doesn't look like something right out of the Cthulu mythos

More like bully to change translations that they don't like.

so theyre just going to leave him hanging huh

I will shamefully admit to buying it.

I got it "blind" since i didn't want to get spoiled and "knew" it was gonna be good because Chain Chomp partner and it looked like TTYD2.

Just remembering is bad feels.

And now Abomination Star 2 is the future of the series, one mistake is all it will take.

You're nuts. The aiming is even worse in all-range mode. Very easy to lose site of a Star Wolf member in a dogfight and looking around aimlessly for them.

But 3DS has a bigger userbase, and Sticker Star sold poorly compared to 3DS' total userbase, whereas Thousand Year Door sold quite well when compared with Gamecube's total userbase.

Because of facts.

Do we really have to have so many manufactured twitter outrage threads? I thought gamergate general was the containment thread for this shit. Half the time it isn't even something worth getting pissed off about.

She looks like avgn with a wig on

and now you know why this board is garbage 75% of the time.

Nevermind Gamergate is generally referred to as five guys, and was formed as a reference to Watergate in the first place making the distinction that "It's like watergate not gamergate!" fucking retarded, because in the first place gamergate had the name "gamergate" because of the similarities to watergate.

Point is political referential humor like this straight up doesn't belong in videogames that aren't about said political events, just because in general referential humor is fucking shit.

watergate
gamergate
shufflegate

i don't even know who to believe anymore

Believe in THE SALMON

Tuna or sardines are much tastier aquatic based source of protein

And this is why you cannot fly

Fish don't fly you silly goose,they swim gracefully through the water.

Gyrados falls into the dragon species of pokemon so he doesn't count

I don't know what the fuck's going on here so i'm calling it a freak of nature that should not exist

its a flying fish. It is skipping the walking on land part of evolution and going straight to flight.

No he doesn't you groid, he's Water Flying

I think he's talking about egg type.

Neato

Bitch check your pokedex he falls under the dragon type pokemon.

Is she pregnant or fat

Probably pregnant, fat doesn't settle like that, even if you do exercise.

The newest M&L game is the first one I bought and I don't really want to even finish it. ;_;

*First one I bought without wanting to finish it

But you can map your controls any way you want in Uprising. Retard.

Lol some of them are taking this as a personal attack? For fuck's sake.

Regardless I hope this game fails. Paper Mario is but a hollow shell of what it once was. Even Mario & Luigi seem to be going down the same dull route after Paper Jam.

The development teams at Nintendo are good at what they do (aside from the braindead decisions concerning the direction of certain games, mostly courtesy of the senile old guard being forced into development teams that don't need them), it's just that corporate Nintendo have been fucking scum since the company started in video games (see their old policy of not allowing stores to stock Nintendo games if they stocked games for a competitor's console).