Roguelike Thread: Shrooms edition

Current FOTM: Cataclysm DDA

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/poschengband/
3e257df6ee97329e83ac224b9743afc7d86db267.googledrive.com/host/0B--vFP7ymfynNDNhZjFXWG5KQ28
bay12games.com/dwarves/redist/df_sdl_64_wintest.zip
te4.org/wiki/Zone
mega.nz/#!RVIQTaRK!gwT-1rNc5jGd9d_hbAq2Fb_7nZixBDbtDSZhi4bDvGU
unrealworld.fi/
store.steampowered.com/app/351700/
wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=Mutation#Categories
cdda-trunk.estilofusion.com/
radiorivendell.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=wEiRKpflgQA
youtube.com/watch?v=h_jSo-E1iJY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZBU3uAzRejs
youtube.com/watch?v=ADl98bGDBXM
smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=4160.0
imdb.com/title/tt0075213/
github.com/remyroy/CDDA-Game-Launcher/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ZOMBIES KEEP RIPPING THE SIDE PANELS OFF MY TRUCK THAT'S ALSO MY HOUSE

STOP IT

FUCKING STOP

NO YOU CANNOT "SMELL" ME THROUGH THE ARMOR PLATING FUCK YOU

HORSESHIT

Maybe you should go and bathe

You're joking right? That's not actually a feature, right? Cause I haven't been doing that in case you can't tell.

I was joking

How do you boys feel about streams? Because I could totally get comfy and stream some cata and be shit at it if there's any interest.

That's what infinity.moe and the public streams are for.

Oh thank god, I might have had a stroke if I managed to miss that feature for so long. On the flip side I got stranded from my truck anyway so I guess they can't tear the walls off it anymore.

Were you the user who used to stream cata? If you are I remember when you blocked that shocker zombie punch with you katana

I actually didn't know about that stuff, neato, but I still want to ask since I used to stream at a streaming site and people were either pissed or bored when I streamed it

What was that?

flaming eye, a fucked up nether monster that fires said beams through obstacles and usually from out of your sight range. one of the only things that can counter a ridiculously armored car. apparently the bullshit beam has been removed in the dev branch

I think I saw one of those around the area, but there was also a road block I didn't dare to investigate because of a turret and spider webs close by, so I couldn't be sure.

I don't get how the falling roof didn't damage my character at all. The event just freaked me out because I was slowly fighting zombies with my bullwhip.

Tell me about Cataclysm, why does he wear the mask what makes it so fun?

What is the Holla Forums recommended modlist?

How to kill slie pit.
Are slimes flammable?

Think NEOScanvenger or Zomboid on crack
you start with only your clothes on and have to survive every single apocalypse that could happen at the same time

you scavenge, run, kill zombies, run, craft, run and so on and so forth

then at some point you become an unstoppable mutated cyborg demigod, assuming you savescum

I use Artyoms Gun Emporium and the vehicle mod, the rest is meh

Just like said. It's kinda like project zomboid except it's not a failed abortion of early access.

I don't think there's one. Personally I use most of them.

PosChengband 5.0.0 is out boyos.

Among other changes, regeneration now stacks infinitely.

sites.google.com/site/poschengband/

What's the appeal of this other than being a mashup of a fork of a fork of an Angband variant? Tell me about it.

It's a mashup of multiple forks of forks of Angband variants. This means there's a lot of content to go through, as well as a shitload of chaff. The game also allows you to do challenge runs as monster species like rimgs that possess people when they put it on.

What's your favorite light source for nightly crafting and reading in cataclysm?

Everytime.

Atomic Lamp

I like atomic lamps too but they're way too rare for me to rely on most of the time. I've been thinking about parking a solar car right in front of my window and using it as a light source recently, since they're way more common. And what the hell do you use to break in that could burn everything down?

What tileset?

I always crash straight into the gunshop with a car, though sometimes I settle for pipe bombs. Easy as hell to make.

Disarming a solar car and jamming it inside my house as an do-it-all crafting station with a refrigerator included, then connecting it to the solar panels+welder fix station I keep outside if necessary.

holy shit what game?

Hitbutton iso

You can use an acetylene torch to tear through the door, it's far less risky and they're not that hard to find.

Cataclysm: Dark days ahead

Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead, dumbass.

That shit is so goddamn annoying now that cars are made out of paper and even crashing into bushes mean your heavily armored 50 tons atomic tank is suddenly red all over.

You can also get a brute/hulk stuck on a wall and he might smash through it to get to you if you have a strong scent

Is that a recent change? I can't remember having that problem last time I drove, but then again I barely use cars, and most of those times I only use them as a light source.

Do yall get the hundred or so errors when using the vehicle mods?

Do these errors appear when you use mod content or on world startup? I don't have any problem when starting a world but since I don't use cars a lot I might've missed them. Either way iirc someone said that something about that mod being fixed in the last thread, so maybe try updating to the latest experimental?

They appear when I am creating a character.

That doesn't happen to me, and I have the vehicle mod. Try updating to the latest experimental if you don't already have it.

is it me or do the second dungeons in ToME always way harder than the first ones? I've made something like 20 characters over the last few days and they always die in the last room of the second dungeon

what's a fun class for you guys? I like alchemist a lot but I've made like 9 and they always die. Bulwark seems the most survivable so far but its very limited by lack of skills and range

post your progress, regardless of game.

I just found an atomic nightlamp, which is convenient as fuck, and I have a glaive which allow me to do reach attacks, and plenty of food so I might get to survive for a while with this character.

Finally got my truck repaired, stuck some solar panels on it to charge my stereo system I use to keep from going insane from the constant wave of kids I have to kill. Stockpiled some stuff from a tank, gonna stick a 120mm on it when I get the skill.

I want to make a roguelike, but I also want to make money.
My options are either make a quality game, or make a pandering watered down piece of shit so I can eat food at least half of the days of the week.

I wonder which one I'll take.

Have you considered making a roguelike as a hobby instead of a livelihood? Hell, I really don't see how you could make money even if you were aiming for the lowest common denominator, given the nature of the genre.

You will never make enough to live on working full time on roguelikes. If you really want to get into making games why not make an indiegame or two and try not to be as shit as everything else out there.

No no no try keeping them in the middle if possible, safe from any small crash or zombies who apparently always reach the flimsiest shit they can attack which is why cameras and mirrors keep getting wrecked.

Yeah I just had a zombie smash my solar panel while I was asleep. Figured that out the hard way but I thought it looked cool to put the panels on the back sides. Ah well, I'll fix it as soon as I get another 24" wheel to fix the one I drove into a pothole.

Can you give a more detailed changelog?

I haven't checked the code myself, but among the new things are:
>Dungeon entrances now have guardians sitting outside Or they're supposed to have anyway.
>New monster description screen As seen here: 3e257df6ee97329e83ac224b9743afc7d86db267.googledrive.com/host/0B--vFP7ymfynNDNhZjFXWG5KQ28

Why don't you tighten your diapers and get a taste of the best bonafide Iron Age Finnish survival game this side of yilauta?
Cataclysm is alright, but it still feels like such an empty experience each time I play it.

They are pretty different games, don't you think? And there has been over two decades to play to play UnReal.

One thing I'd really like in UnReal would be revamping the map system so you wouldn't be able to beeline from the eastern ruskie hunting grounds to your hut in the west coast.

UnReal World isn't FLOSS

What tileset is this?

I don't think the fursuits appear very often in the game unless you make them yourself. I've only come across one once and they're actually useful. Part of cataclysm is knowing how to scavenge useful shit from the piles of garbage left by modern society.

Fursuits are useful garbage since you can cut them up with scissors for various crafting mats like leather, cloth rags and so on. It's not like the game forces you to wear them and act like a faggot.

You can always just gather them all up and roast them in a bonfire, or ignore them completely.

There are lots of reasons to criticize DDA, from the increasingly high base difficulty to the gradual over-complication of basic actions like reloading and aiming. Vehicles still haven't been nerfed and crafting grind is legit. The presence of fursuits doesn't really add to or detract from the game outside of special interest.

I mean the game has various holy books that you can burn or roll up and smoke weed with. 420 praise it. Who gives a shit really?

Are you using the latest experimental build?

What's the best tileset for a newfag? I can't stand the default ascii

I actually just downloaded it and im not getting them anymore. It might have had to do with conflicts with another pretty shitty mod I put in.

Default ascii with square dimensions.

Uber vehicles get their shit wrecked by zombies if you left them standing still for too long and you can't just drive through all the wreckages without stopping to repair your tank every 3 turns without something breaking.

At least the shrubs of nintendium are less lethal now than when the collision nerf hit but shit is still beyond fucking retarded with anything bigger than a tiny monocycle causing severe damage to your truck as soon as they touch each other.

My nig.

I'm paranoid as fuck that I'll die now

Oh shit nig. Good luck.

fuck, fuck!
You got the source for your tileset?Only link I managed to find was a reddit one

Hitbutton iso.

Retrodays is simplistic enough to not look like shit while being detailed enough to be able to tell things apart. Personally I prefer Hitbutton but the isometric perspective might be confusing if you're new.

it should be included with the latest experimental.

First part was not meant to be linked to

B-Bump?

What do you all think of save-scumming?
The greatest sin of roguelikes? Acceptable while learning the game? Always okay if that's how you want to play the game?

I fukkin wot m8? The challenge is the entire point of the genre, its what makes it fun.

It kills the fun.

literally kills the entire point of the genre

Its okay on your first playthrough if its a RL like CDDA where you need to understand a mechanic in order to get to a point in the game where you will understand the mechanic
otherwise its absolutely HARAM

MY DICK
Y

D
I
C
K

So do you play static spawn or dynamic spawn? I don't like the idea of things spawning in an area I already cleared out, so I play static. Really not sure either way though.

You can learn every mechanic in a week of ingame time. May be except vehicle building or some other advanced stuff, but survival basics is the only thing that can kill you. Just start a new game, nigga, no reason to savescum.

What is this?

I never got past the first few weeks of the game because I didnt realize that my picture of how the game was and how the game really was were totally different.

fite me

Well, your character level is higher when you get to the second dungeon, so you face higher level enemies as well. Each zone has a minimum and maximum level, which is set when you first enter them.
te4.org/wiki/Zone
Because of that, if you're having a hard time, you can set most zones to their minimum level by just entering them when you're low leveled, leaving and returning later. Just note that you might end up losing experience by doing this, since killing low level enemies don't give as much XP (if any).

Also, if you're making humans/halflings and focusing on their initial zones, the boss of the Ruins of Kor'Pul can be a little hard to kill with melee/short ranged classes. Heck, it can be annoying with any class if you have a low light or infravision/heighten senses radius. Try doing some other tier 1 zones and come back to it later. Or when playing with an alchemist, you can focus on the golem talents, since the golem has a heighten senses range of 10, and let it kill the boss.

If I could only pick one, I guess the Paradox Mage. Talents that split the timeline are pretty cool. But heck, I also like a lot of the other classes like the Cursed, Archmage and Solipsist.
If you still haven't unlocked a lot of classes, try an Archer. I got a lot farther in the game with one when I just started playing ToME.

mega.nz/#!RVIQTaRK!gwT-1rNc5jGd9d_hbAq2Fb_7nZixBDbtDSZhi4bDvGU
A big world, with long history and everything maxed.

Even though I understand the idea behind dynamic, I prefer static. Mobs appearing from thin air from places I have already been breaks muh immursons and I like to think some areas are safe to speed through (which has gotten me into a bind a few times now).

What I'd like is static wandering hordes. Areas might become unsafe again, but only there are zombie infested areas near-by, so your deep woods cabin doesn't suddenly get swarmed like in a shitty TV series.

I use static, but I'm increasingly tempted to use wander spawns as well. It's annoying to have zombies spawn in places you already cleared but at the same time there's no point in fortifying if there is no threat. My only problem with wander is how ridiculously insane the spawn rates are. Maybe I'm just bad at it tho.

This.

Can't you adjust them in world creation?

I can adjust the spawn rate for the monsters that are placed at the start of the game, but those that spawn because of noise are completely out of my control. I'm using wander spawn, not dynamic.

Fug

Was about to ask how you could've died after you survived so long but then I saw
Fuck those

Smokers are your friends, covering your escape and scent like total bros.

Why didn't you just call this a Cata General, you filthy fuck slut?

This, shit is fucking annoying when playing a full melee werewolf mutant character with fangs.

After I got fucked over by them twice I started always carrying at least a dust mask if I haven't found some kind of gas mask yet.

it was actually a survivor zombie that got me, those fuckers seem to be able to dodge everything. There were also a bunch of smokers nearby but they weren't that much of a problem.

And I just lost a second character to two of those shits again.

Can't you craft XL gas masks with high enough tailoring? I know there's a bunch of stuff that have a larger version for mutants.

Alright, I'll try a world with wander spawns now, wish me luck. I'll probably live inawood because fuck dealing with the exponential horde in cities.

They still disable the bite attacks which kinda ruins the point of having them in the first place.

You might get away with a house on the outskirts if you fortifiy it.

Also I'm not entirely sure, but if you inhabit a mansion or something similarly big, then they might spawn in the further parts of it while you're on the other side.
At least I got that feeling on my last game but I couldn't confirm it.
At the very least they'll roam around your base and smash any windows they can find because they're dicks

Couldn't you mod a helmet with a detachable / openable gas mask visor?
Kind of like some medieval helmets but the visor would seal and have gas mask functionality

Yes if you are far away regardless of how you block and palisade the entire mansion they'll spawn inside of it even if there would be no possible way for them to get in without breaking through since mansions are bigger than the reality bubble.

If you do take up a mansion you're pretty much forced to lock up a part of it.

Forgot to mention that now even regular zombies can take down houses by having enough of them attacking a wall, causing entire fucking buildings to collapse like freaking dominoes so I'd hardly recommend mansions at all since that update, it was bad enough with hulks taking out 3 rooms down by punching a wall and now every zombie can do it.

Who the fuck thought this was in any way a good idea?

Are there any good defensive buildings then aside from the bunker?
I mean I don't really mind putting metal walls all around my compound but shit takes time, even if you lower construction times and even then they'll spawn inside of it if you're far enough away, right?

I think the new fireman departments and some houses are made of harder materials now, some of them immune to fires as well which is a big plus, of course due to them being deep ass into the city you will never want to take one as your base with wandering spawns and hordes anyway.

So far I'm pretty lucky, I found hard leg and arm guards and a backpack right in front of the shelter. I might end up fortifying and living in it since it's near 3 different towns while still being far enough to be safe from the hordes.

You could just keep it in your inventory and use it only when fighting smokers and whatever the ones with toxic gases are called.

when I use mansions as a base I usually only use two or three rooms, so I guess it wouldn't be too hard to just wall off the rest.

FUG

This is what I meant when I said that wander spawn was ridiculous. And I didn't do anything noisy, I was just walking.

What sort of "lifting equipment" do I need to remove wheels and such from vehicles?
I made a makeshift jack but apparently that doesn't work.

It seems to be a bit buggy and might not recognise your jack, at least I've had the impression.

It could also be that your equipment isn't strong enought to lift the vehicle. Might need a crane then.

How do I find/build one?

I think you build it as a vehicle, but I'm not sure what parts you would need or how it really works.
I just remember seeing something like it in the vehicle construction menu

You need a bottle/scisssor/etc. jack. Some type of lifting device and you need enough to lift your entire vehicle. Makeshift jack should be fine but it's rated to some value and if it isn't enough then you need more. Check abandoned cars, they often have jacks in the storage space/trunk, but never in the front seats.

Wait, you can use multiple of them?

Anyone here ever try the bandits mod for cata that adds humanoid enemies with guns and armor? Its pretty cool I think. Certainly adds some fun when I'm running from a hoard and dodge a few bullets before letting a small group of bandits shoot it out with a hoard of zombies. It just feels a bit more immersive and fun.

You can also customize the weapons they can spawn with and shit.

Tileset? Looks dope

Yeah I have a collection of jacks in my truck. You only have to be adjacent to them when trying to lift something so I just drive up to the car and stand next to the bin full of bottle and scissor jacks. You could just build a crane but this is easier.

Hitbutton iso. Should be included with the latest experimental.

You can also find them in garages.

Link? Sound interesting. I know there's already a few bandits locations scattered around but they're way too rare to be noticeable. I'd definitively love to see more of them.

eh I met humanoid enemies with guns in the game without NPC mods

ded

Do hordes in CataDDA work where they don't all rush you from a pin drop and are not filled exclusively with high level zombies? I'm thinking of activating them after my current challenge gimmick build dies off 4-5 more times

Can you build vehicles that can effectively drive through buildings yet?
I had some luck with my Killdozer a few years back, but it only worked at a very specific speed. Any less and you'd damage the vehicle, any more and you'd horrendously damage the vehicle.

Hordes are currently ridiculous, as seen here

It might work better if you set the world options to only spawn classic zombies, in fact that's probably what I'm going to try after my current character dies.

I just found the corpse of one of my character and for some reason the zombie that killed him was holding my weapon. Can they steal your weapons? Is that really a thing?

I want to use the hitbutton iso, but I don't know how to use the tilesets, and like how said, it comes with experimental, but I can't seem to run it, because Linux is garbage.
I'm gonna have to stick with the lame default one

Is there any way to spawn and not be surrounded by zombies? Almost all the starts except Evacuee cause me to spawn in buildings with 50-60 zombies all over the place. I can barely survive more than 2 minutes.

Is that a mod that lets you walk slow or run? I'm playing the latest Experimental build and can't find any way to change my movement style.

Anyone up for watching me stream nethack?

That's not a mod, use " to change walk/run. You'll need this a lot.

Doesn't all the interesting stuff like science and military bunkers stop spawning if you just have mundane zombies?

How do you manage to do that? You can tell it's full of spiders as you soon as you enter because there's webs everywhere.
Also in my experience they're harmless if you have any armour and decent melee.

Yeah, those /k/asements are pretty good, but IMO they spawn a bit too often. There's a good chance you'll find sevreal of them in a mid-sized town. Add to that a few gunshops and all the security vans and cop zombies and you'll be swimming in funs soon.

Just light a fire as soon as you spot webs and then run outside. Fuck spiders.

If you're surrounded at the start there's little chance you'll be able to fight them off. Better just run off (now that you know you can sprint with " ) and find a safer place to get your first loot

Why wouldn't you keep the nest alive, for an easy replenish able supply of meat.

I'd rather starve than eat fucking spiders

Does anyone know if I get tired faster the higher speed I ride a bicycle? And/or depending on how much I'm storing in its cart.

Not sure, but I'm fairly certain that if you put some real heavy shit in a shopping cart it starts scraping the floor instead of running smoothly

I tried putting a jerry can in there, it just fell out, but that's more because of the volume rather than weight. What you say might be true, I've never tried to put something that heavy in there though.

Oh wait, nevermind, I meant it fell out of the cart of a bicycle, not a shopping cart.

Yeah, the bicycle wheels might be able to lift more weight than the simple shopping cart casters, honestly not sure how it works

Should be the other way around in my opinion, a shopping cart moves at a much slower pace (naturally) and has 4 wheels supporting it, not to mention a much bigger cart. Meanwhile the basket of a bike is smaller in volume and is only supported by two wheels, so it'll carry less in both volume and weight since balance is an issue, but it moves faster.

Though my real life logic might not carry over into the game.

The best use of shopping carts involves installing a fuel tank and a flamethrower, anyway.

Hobo's Best Friend.

Any tips on what to do in a situation like this?
I started in a lab, have good stats, no skills. I made it to the top level of the lab where the exit is.
Got no real equipment except a shotgun (thanks to my follower whose corpse I stand next to; I was hoping that releasing him would make him attack the turret from a distance but he just walked near it and died)
I rushed into this side room (turret in the hallway) and got shot once for it. Bandaged up a large part of the damage.
I'd probably gonna die if I tried leaving the room but not sure what else to do.

Last time I tried a lab challenge I found the barracks and some guns but couldn't make it into the armory and never found the top side

Craft a homewrecker and whack a wall. No idea if that works in experimental, though.

Well I'm kinda stuck in this room. Turrets don't happen to be able to see less at night, right?

I guess I'll have to either risk shooting it with the shotgun or try my luck getting to the room on the other side or try getting back down to find enough shit to craft that

Shooting it wasn't such a great idea

This guilt shit is way too powerful. I got over it and is fine now, but during this time I ate some raw meat and learned the consequences of that as well. Itching veins, etc, which I can only assume is parasites. Wasted some antibiotics and royal jelly to get rid of it.

And it'll all be good again if you just play the harmonica and look at some titty magazine :DD

I actually did read playboy furiously during the day, and I smoked some weed.

I learned something though, never shoot someone you've 'surrendered' to. If they're fleeing after you said you won't hurt them it's fair game. So fuck them all, if they want to come close to my farm they'll pay the toll.

>JUST

Any of you running any interesting gimmick builds instead of just min/maxing? I'm currently running a bear-mode chef with strong stomach, infection resistant, and bad knees

Then what's the point of a homewrecker?

I've been playing randomly generated characters for a while now. Currently playing a firefighter with:

Been doing pretty well, cleared out a smaller section of a village and got my own fortified base. murder and cannibalism is a no-go so I'm down to hunting wildlife with my bow. I've just found a lot of fuel for my vehicle but I need one more wheel because I wrecked it before.

Then I can travel to another town.

I've had the idea to play a happy merchant after the first lab run, might do that when I'm sick of min-maxing.

Dunno, it has quite the high bash value (20 or 28, can't remember now) but is slow and inaccurate but you can make it from very common materials (aside from maybe the long strings) and you can make it from the start.
Though with it being unable to wreck homes, I'd probably prefer even a two-by-sword or something.

Some of these elite zombies are fucking terrifying. I couldn't imagine playing with the Tough Zombies mutation.

Zombie brutes arnt even the worst fam.

This. They're little bitches if you can get them stuck on something and have a spear

This. Go to pawn shops and look for a katana or claymore. Shit will fuck everything but the AoE zombies. Otherwise lure everything to a window and go to town with any shitty melee weapon.

Currently playing a loli. 5 stg, flimsy, etc.

The little girl is good as fuck with guns, and being quick and indefatigable makes it very easy to escape.

On my way of making her OP as fuck

I love a challenge, but this is getting ridiculous

Am I missing something? I'm totally new to the game and I know I'm not playing with the Surrounded Start on, but almost every start, no matter what I do, multiple world gens, I end up surrounded by endless fucking tides of zombies that I can't escape from.

Just a question, was Mall Cop starting mode inspired by that Blart movie?

I've started with burning building a bunch and it's never that bad. How high have you turned up zombie spawns? Are you using wander spawns?

In the school start you should definitely be running away. You can hit " to start running now, btw.

any of yall niggers play nuclear throne

no

Nuclear Throne, the roguelite developed by Rami "Curry Nigger" Ismail?

No.

Sorry this is a roguelike thread.

Is this bait?

I think it ties into the whole energy put in/strain on the engine mechanic. Where the engine in case of pedaling, you're the engine. I'm pretty sure you get extremely tired, hungry and thirsty once you go over the safe speed.

yes
it's fun fully modded though

sorry fam, still not a roguelike.

Ooops my bad didn't copy all the layers

No dungeons of dredmor? Maaaaaaan

Please. I love Dwarf Fortress. It's my favorite game. It's not much of a roguelike. You need more than ASCII graphics and step-based time passage to be a roguelike. I'm not saying it's not a roguelike, but it is less of a rougelike than even Pixel Dungeon, which has all of the elements short of graphics.

I'd say that Diablo is more of a Roguelike than Dwarf Fortress, because, although it lacks the roguelike graphics and step-based timing, it keeps the vertical descent toward the boss. It doesn't get much more like Rogue than descending a single giant dungeon from a safe upper-area through progressively more difficult layers until you hit the big bad at the end.

I mean, I like Dwarf Fortress, Nethack, Ivan, Cataclysm, Elona, Etc. a lot more. But I always thought Dredmor was pretty roguelike compared to most of the rogue-lite filth.

I get the others, but come on man. That's a proper rougelike.
It's babby's first roguelike, granted, but it still counts.

But Dungeons of Dredmor is a roguelike, it's just easy and has a lot of effort on graphix, but still a roguelike.

WoW a shit

I did phrase this badly. Dwarf Fortress is a top-tier game and a roguelike, but it's not as ideal an example of the genre as, say, Nethack, Powder, or DCSS. I don't think it belongs at the top of a roguelike chart, despite being the best game ever made.

The Church of Roguelike is merciful, and has decided to accept the Dungeons of Dredmor into the pantheon.

But now The Pit is in too

Thank you, friend. I'm glad we could come to a civil agreement.

Pals, can you reccomend a roguelike without diagonal movement so that it can be played easily on a laptop with no numeric keypad? Thanks.

The faithful [Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup] has paid the Church of Roguelike it's indulegence, thus earning it's place as an [OK roguelike] [despite] [cutting features in the recent builds].

On other hand,

The blessed Roguelike Inquisition has discovered [The Pitt] is [kinda shit]. Glory to inquisition!

Though of the day: [Gitting Gud, is it the means of achieving the goal, or the goal itself?]

What is the most complex roguelike game ever created?

How do you guys go trough ADOM? I learned a few new things I could do recently.

First thing first, I go to SMC to lock it to level 1. Then if I have a weak character I'm going to ID 1 trough 5 to grind a few levels, then I do either the Keethrax or the carpenter quest then I'll see what bullshit the UD can throw at me.

Afterwards I go trough the depths of the chaos cave. The problem is though I never made it much further than the dwarf town quests. My best character was a ratling weaponsmith who never got to craft. I cleared all the dwarftown quests and then I had so much shit on me I dropped some in the altar cause the priest seemed friendly. But the fucker waited for me to walk a few squares then he went and picked up all the shit i had so I got emotional, attacked him and got slaughtered. Any tips?

add gungeon

The more difficult scenarios are built around min/maxing and to a degree luck.

Always play with a character that is quick and fleet-footed, you need these things to hit the zombies without giving them a chance to retaliate. Use the tables and counters to your advantage.

Life

Can't google it, what is it?

DDA or unreal world or df. Although nethack has a lot of mechanics. And poschengband has A LOT of stuff.

Always use an archer, the class is totally broken. It sucks but the difference in difficulty is so extreme that you are cheating yourself not to use it.

It's probably the same guy that was talking about Nuclear Throne

And what's a good race for an archer? I'm not sure it's worth putting up with dark quills for a Dark Elf nor the short lifespan of an orc just to get Find Weakness.

So i guess i'l go with Unreal World, thanks. I was hoping something new was made.

I think when I beat the game I played as a human, but that wasn't optimal. I think Elves are the best race overall because they have the aging resistance, your other stats can be trained. Everyone always says the Grey ones are the best, plus I think neutral is the best alignment anyway.

But I haven't played the game in a while. All I know for sure is that archers are ridiculously OP to the point that any other class is essentially a challenge run.

To make something complex you need few years of development. Oh, and there also elone which has A LOT of stuff.

Never tried it. Though it was some shit made on rpg maker.

Elone? You mean Elona?

Also, are there any other anons here daydreaming of making a roguelike one day?

I heard that game got ruined in later versions. Any truth to that?

Eh, kinda.
They added fursuits, dildoes and other things, but they can be removed.
The only game that actually got fucking ruined was DCSS, they remove content with every single patch

They added fursuits, renamed real guns for no reason, added dildos and shit. But you can find mods that remove that.

I see, thanks for the info. I was aware of DCSS getting notoriously raped, and that's exactly why I'm cautious about RLs. I'll give Cataclysm DDA a spin sooner or later.

What? When did this happen?

You sure that's not the generic gun mod? I'm no gun nut but most of the guns ingame seem real to me although I do have one gun mod active

Put more points into luck. :^)

Have you even gotten past a start yet and fucked around in the game a bit? You'll learn things from regular play that you can put to use in the challenge starts.
If you're rally completely new, consider just doing the plain old evacuee mode until you get the hang of things or choose a different profession (there's a mod that adds more I think) / freeform (for unlimited points) when doing a harder start.
Different professions can start with different items including weapons.

why not add unrealworld.fi/
it is 1 update behind for free on the website or latest version on store.steampowered.com/app/351700/

Does the main game have fermenting yet?

I wish cars were less useful then bases.
At this moment bases are fucking useless, you do anything in them and expect fucking hoards of zombies above if you have wander spawns.

You can't even make a generator or a fridge without it being a component of the car.

The best bet is building on top of a office tower but even then its unrewarding.
It really pisses me off, once you get strong enough to gib anything there is no reward past getting what you already can get.

I want more challenges for building a fort, allow me to actually set a faction and orders for followers
Have factions actually do shit except be some flavor text you read that does absolutely nothing.

Just build a car without any wheels and put it in your base. :^)

You can do that in df and in unreal world.

I play df religiously.
There is no refrigerator in df, the only thing that determines food rot is whether its above or below ground level and whether you have cats eating pests.

You can use bases to hoard all of your cars.

I'm ashamed to admit I never even finished a full year. It was early winter when I left off in a game I started in spring and it was a struggle to find something to do, I had no need to go outdoors besides the occasional dip in a village to trade. Am I playing the game wrong? Should I just go out hunting to pass the time in winter? For men, perhaps?

In real life winter was boring.

This is why being a vehicle nomad will always be better. Because once you've got your base set up, you have nothing to do. You have to leave your comfy house and get in a car to find the interesting stuff, so you might as well make your car a comfy house.

For me most deaths after the beginning are boredom related foolery during the winter. Yeah, you could sit in your sauna, eat berries and throw water at the stones. Or you could prove you are a man and go fight some ruskies and sami.

I've been playing around with the multiple pools system for Cataclysm's chargen, and basically what it does is prevent you from taking temporary disadvantages for permanent stat boosts. I.e. if you start with a Really Bad Day, you can't put those points into stats or traits, only professions and skills. So, since the only way you can really use chargen to get anything you can't get in the first few days is to take one of the many overpowered professions, that's what you should do. If you really want to use multiple pools, I recommend Bionic Assassin and Eskrima, so you start the game as a blender able to kill brutes right off the bat, but Bionic Athlete and one of the strength-based martial arts also seems decent.

I'm not sure, haven't spotted any memes. It's just too easy though. Most of the time the mall is totally empty Dawn of the Dead style so you can just run around unopposed to grab all the loot. No zombies or hostile NPC bandits to get in your way. You never even need to leave the mall since it has all the supplies you could ever want and suspiciously bottomless vending machines.

My settings are "Static Spawns" and "Wander Spawns".

UnReal World is complex but holy fuck if you don't run out of things to do very quickly. Plus it's a completely different game than Cataclysm and significantly different from Dwarf Fortress.

Well, vending machines aren't infinite though. You'd run out eventually. Besides, junk food like chips and popcorn barely fill you at all and you need to eat tons of it to become full. The sodas aren't as good as clean water either.

And if you play with real nutrition on (for whatever reason), I'd assume you'll get malnutrition soon from all that garbage.

Also due to the size of malls, with wander spawns enabled, they'd likely spawn inside of it if you made your home there.

Anyway, not a fan of the mall start or the mall itself anyway.

Yeah, Wander Spawns don't work so well with many alternative starts. Most of them start you nearer to zombies, which means you're likely to start very close to a zombie horde and have a bunch of zombies dropped right on you shortly after you spawn. Burning Building is probably the worst for this; you've likely spawned inside a city close to a horde, hordes are attracted to loud noises, burning buildings give off a lot of noise. This is great if you're a few days in and trying to kill a horde, because you can just set a building on fire at night and they'll rush into the flames like moths, but not so great if you've literally just spawned.

I'd just turn Wander Spawns off and increase the amount of static spawned zombies.

I'm sorry

Junk food literally kills you long term

at some point you flat out stop regenerating

Multiple pools is definitely a step in the right direction. I like how this actually makes skills worth putting points into instead of never being used.

Why is my full nightvision mutation broken, it acts the same as partial night vision.

you mean makes putting points into skills inevitable

It may be bugged right now, the devs are cunts that take weeks to fix game breaking shit

Putting points into skills still isn't worth it, because you still need the recipes from books for non-combat skills to be of full use, and those books will give you the skills anyway. Putting points into melee skills is not as good as putting points into other things that make you just as deadly, if not more deadly, than skills. For example, the Bionic Assassin profession costs 5 points, and starts you with the Monomolecular Blade, Electroshock Unit, Joint Torsion Ratchet, and 250 power. Those are all high-tier bionics, and with the exception of the JTR, very rare. You're far more deadly with those bionics than with any skills you can buy with 5 points, and you'll be getting 5 points worth of melee skills from killing zombies very shortly anyway. Also Bionic Assassin starts you with 1 point of melee and 1 point of piercing.

That sounds pretty OP tbh fam

It is. It's also why you may not want to use multiple pools; optimal play with multiple pools results in a smoothing of the difficulty curve. The earlygame is much easier, because the best way to spend your points is to take overpowered professions, and the lategame is silghtly harder because you don't have really high stats.

Yes, that's why I said it was only a step in the right direction, there is still a lot that needs to be done balancing-wise. Though there are instances now where they might be worth it, like for example with the mutant scenario you get extra trait options, but fewer playable professions.

For now I will play with the pools though because it at least shows the developers are trying. The problem is that these "super professions" were originally meant to compete with high stat characters, now that there are multiple pools they need to be made much more expensive.

I've finally managed to survive long enough to get myself a lab journal and start making/using mutagens.
I really don't want to fuck up this character, so what categories of mutations are good/bad? It's a melee build, so what should I aim for and what should I avoid?

Also, is there any way to get elevators working again or are they basically just decoration?

I think roguelike games need to be like rogue

Elevators are basically just decoration.

For a melee build, Insect is a good category with few drawbacks. Cold-blooded is pretty bad, but that's about the only negative it has. Good for mixing with other categories. Spider is basically Insect but more-so; more utility, more armor, more melee power, more drawbacks. Other decent melee-centric mutations include Lizard, Raptor, Feline, and Lupine. Here's a list of all the categories, if you want to spoil yourself. wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=Mutation#Categories

Making progress now with the Fireman start. Still hard, but I managed to funnel in about 70 zombies one by one through a doorway so I cleared out the vicinity of the station, then used a Stimulant module to sprint out of the city while being chased by at least 100 zombies (Fast Zombies is on) who conveniently broke off to chase a dog instead. I barely got away, and it was honestly one of the funnest moments I've ever had in a roguelike.

Now I'm getting gas for a car in great condition. Loaded up on food and water, got an ACR and USP, and progress is great. I still have to savescum though because of Brutes randomly chasing me, and even as a Melee 6 and Dodge 3 Fireman I'm almost instantly killed by them.

Anyone have any luck taking a public works? I found one between two cities but it is a pretty huge area to fortify.

Never considered making it a base before, any particular reason why you'd want to settle there?

Elona wasn't made with RPGmaker, it just used a bunch of the sprites.
Long ago it also used the same item sprites that DCSS once used.
The entire character sprite sheet can be replaced with better ones anyway, including one that makes most of the monsters into monstergirls.

There's a dedicated Elona thread over here

What "roguelikes" are there that don't concentrate on the dungeon crawling and have more coherent settings and theme than typical kitchen sink fantasy?

The trick is to not get hit by them. Get them stuck on something (car, wreck, window frameā€¦) and possibly use a spear on them (it can make ranged attacks with a range of two squares). With this you should be able to keep them at enough of a distance if you keep sprinting a tile or two away after they get close.

Or just shoot them if it's an emergency.

But congrats on making headway.

I've seen one, never been to one because I thought they'd just be filled with Zs and not much of interest there.

Elona
CataDDA
Unreal World
Unreal World

Pretty depressing that you listed the games I've been playing.

Shame. I really like in-depth mechanics and using my imagination in these games, but I'm allergic to D&D style "everything goes" fantasy stuff that's just an excuse to run through cave/ruin themed obstacle courses.

I killed one using the trapping method. Thanks man.

The only thing annoying me right now is how fragile the vehicles are. I had a great police car that I was zooming around the map in, but whenever I hit shrubs it'd fall apart, and whenever I hit trapdoor spiders it'd explode. Zombies rip cars apart like they're paper too. I'm all for strong infected, but I wish the cars didn't feel so fragile.

Drive slowly, your speed and mass massively influences the amount of damage that collisions do.

You can't stop people calling their games 'roguelike' even though it isn't like rogue.

Anyone have any experience with smoked meat? I got a charcoal kiln to make charcoal, and I've got a charcoal smoker, all I'm missing are the steel tongs. So does the 'pair of metal tongs' that I can craft work? And a follow up question, assuming the smoked meat is cooked like other food, is it done via the crafting menu, meaning I need to learn the recipe, or is it some fiddly shit like crafting a 'full charcoal smoker' and activating it? It is a portable item after all.

Yes; you need a tool with food cooking 1 or higher, metal tongs have food cooking 1.
Yes, or have a book with the recipe in it nearby when you try to craft.

You're playing the one that gets rid of the bloat right? I like the game but the amount of bulllshit that comes with it is fucking retarded, especially after that "designated shootist rifle" crap.

Thanks, think I'll have to craft those tongs then after all, or perhaps find some in a restaurant. However I did know that you simply needed to be near the cookbook if you haven't memorized it, thing is I don't have it. Or well, maybe I do, I'm raiding a library as we speak, and I just found one 'Bon Appetit'. Perhaps It'll contain the recipe for smoked meat.

What's the difference between mutagens and serums? Are serums just stronger versions of mutagens?

Serums are stronger than mutagens, need a syringe to be injected, and can push you over the threshold of post-humanity if you're sufficiently mutated in that category.

Anyone got a torrent or something for cogmind?

What's the best music to Roguelike to?

Currently playing Cataclysm but I'll accept stuff for more traditional fantasy-oriented games too

I might go as far as entering a lab to see what's new but if the turrets down there also have unexplained perfect nightvision I might just go back to an older version.

Cataclysm 2 never ever

I like to listen to electronic trance when playing Cataclysm.

No, the turrets down there just have their own light sources. Finally.

Soundtracks from Dungeon Crawlers

They can see past it and shoot you down in the corridors since they made those dynamic light changes though.

Posting this database for Cataclysm just in case anyone doesn't know about it.
Has item data including crafting recipes, item qualities, sortable lists, as well as monster data.
cdda-trunk.estilofusion.com/

For general rogueliking, Radio Rivendell is pretty good.
radiorivendell.com/
For Cataclysm specifically I frequently find myself playing the Neotokyo soundtrack. Has a great tense mood and futuristic feel that fits well with Cataclysm.

They gave turrets a massive light large enough to fuck you up if you open the door and blunder into their rooms. They used to be harmless as long as you didn't use a flashlight, since they could only see you if you stood next to them.

As they are now I haven't found a good way of handling them. Maybe grenades but that has the risk of destroying the computer.

Care to elaborate? I don't remember hearing about that.

I usually play music from other games. Recently I've been using the Lisa soundtrack.

Cataclysm with my own modified version of ChestHole's Sound Mod. I've edited out some of the more annoying background songs with ambient tracks of my own.

youtube.com/watch?v=wEiRKpflgQA
youtube.com/watch?v=h_jSo-E1iJY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZBU3uAzRejs
youtube.com/watch?v=ADl98bGDBXM

He's referring to this.
Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) is the term for the middle ground between the assault rifle used by regular infantrymen and a sniper rifle. Often based on an assault rifle but with a lengthened barrel, a bipod, and a scope. Sometimes firing match-grade ammunition for better ballistics. Not as specialized as a sniper rifle, usually fires semi-auto and sometimes retains full-auto.

Designated Shootist Rifle is made up nonsense because the devs are social justice kool-aid drinkers, goons, and trannies.

I barely know anything about guns and even I can tell how retarded this is.

What would a "designated shootist" even be? The guy who is designated to shoot? The guy who is desginated to have firearms and their use as a hobby/sport/job? Sounds like something that would make sense in a tabletop RPG party.

Anyone?

The designated shootist is that one person in the squad whose job it is to discriminate against people of non-majority caliber.

Are ranged weapons considered cutting or bashing damage? What's the best way to defend against them?
On a slightly related note, would a full suit of plate mail and a zweihƤnder be good gear to take on a lab?

Plate and ZweihƤnder are pretty adequate tu handle most zombies, but I'm not sure it'll give you much protection against smg turrets or the occasional bio operator zombie you might find in the barracks. Not sure what else you might find in there, but you could be dealing with more than melee.

Hitting a bio-operator with a zweihƤnder is a shocking experience.

Ranged weapons are cutting damage.

The big threats in labs are the Secubots that might spawn at the end, and the turrets. Both of them explode when killed, so you don't want to kill them in melee. Plate armor maybe; I've never tried it so I don't know how it holds up, but from the stats you should be okay as long as you don't stand right next to shooty things. The zweihƤnder will work for clearing out the trash zombies, but it won't help with the actual threats. Get a gun with high-armor-piercing ammo. Shotguns with Flechette ammo are decent; make sure you've got a bandolier so you can reload them faster, and carry some 00 buck for killing bio-operators.

can someone explain the lore of DDA? the short version of it seems to be "scientists manage to explore an extra dimension, bring back an organism from that dimension to our own, it breaks containment, merges with living things, all hell breaks loose." Can't find much in the way of specifics though.

kek

The lore is half assed garbage.

That's basically the first half. The Cataclysm was some sort of severe weakening of the walls between our reality and the reality referred to as the Nether, and now shit is leaking over. There are three main Nether species; the Blob, the Fungus, and the Triffids, and they all hate each other. The Blob got into the water supply, through that into people, and turns them into zombies after they die. It's unclear exactly how intelligent the Blob is. The Fungus is trying to take over the world and push the other two species out; it does have an intelligent hive-mind, and is actively attempting to create a symbiotic relationship with the humans that are left, but not having much success. Try picking some marloss berries off of fungal trees and eating a whole lot of them if you want to find out more and maybe help out. The Triffids are even less fleshed out than the Blob.

I found the official canon timeline, if you want to read it: smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=4160.0

Triffids enslaved the fungus, I think they used them as good or something. Thats why they are so pissy right now.

What's the benefit of a folding wire basket vs just a regular wire basket when installed in a vehicle?
I get that the folded one can have lower volume, but does that affect how the vehicle handles or something?

You can create "folding" vehicles that you can store as items, folding wire-baskets are for those vehicles since non-folding parts prevent the vehicle from being folded.

Is the fusion blaster worth losing an arm for?

I always thought the lore was pretty retarded. Luckily you can ignore most of that netherworld extradimensional alien shit and just focus on the zombie outbreak.

Resident Evil and Silent Hill are good for Cataclysm. Fallout 1 and 2's soundtracks are also fantastic.

The Cataclysm devs are? That's pretty stupid, but how does that make them SJW kool aid trannies?

No.

I would guess the reason that they use the term "shootist" is because they think "marksman" is sexist (because the devs erroneously believe 'man' isn't gender-neutral).

That makes no sense at all, because "man" appears in many other places.

IIRC on another DDA thread someone said it was called "shootist" because one of the developers really liked an old John Wayne movie called "The Shootist", so they threw it in as an easter egg.

imdb.com/title/tt0075213/

Hey man, I said it was a guess.

What the fuck is this? The whole square is filled with rocks and rebar. It's in front of an office tower, if it means anything.

No. Increase your skill with electronics and Create the rifle version instead. It still remains a very good gun.

Just rock and rebar?

Only thing I can think of is it might be some kind of nest, but really not sure. I've seen one of those before, but also just discolored dirt squares of that size in the fields.

Only other somewhat similar occurence was a minefield spawning inside of a street but it just created a few holes where the mines were instead of a clean square like that.

An helicopter crash maybe? I've never seen one spawn in the middle of a street before. Otherwise the only thing I know that can fuck up a street is the flaming eyes, but they don't destroy things in a square like that.

that seems too small to be a minefield tbh.

my theory is that is was a building that accidentally spawned there but didn't have the proper supports. So it collapsed before he saw it.

Yeah, I think so too. Also minefields don't destroy the complete street where they spawn.

There should be metal chunks or something there then, shouldn't there?

Seems a bit too small for any building I know

It's a mystery.

If it was a building then surely it would have dropped nails or something, and if it was a helicopter crash, as the other user said, it would leave behind metal chunks and shit, not to mention a black box.

Don't know about mines though, I saw a minefield on a road a while back, but why would they leave behind rebar?

So most likely it's just a map generation error, or it's something else.

Yeah, but it's the only thing I know that would fit there, maybe there was an error when it spawned or something.

That, and there's also the fact that they cannot spawn if there's already a road there. If the game had decided to place a building here there wouldn't be a road.

Who knows.

Also

Nice.

Might go back honestly.
I haven't really noticed anything that makes me say "yes this is a definite improvement and not a huge pain in the ass" aside from said NV.

I'm playing stable just fine. Nothing in the experimental seems that enticing.

Are labs supposed to be freezing?
What else can I wear that won't kill my encumbrance?

Labs have a chance to be "cold labs," which means they are colder than usual and get even colder (to extreme levels) as you go down.
You'll need to pile on everything you can (blankets maybe?), avoid combat due to encumberance, and you may still only be able to make short trips.

Are ALL labs to supposed to be this way? Every single lab I've been to freezes me even with layers upon layers of hot clothing on.

Some labs are freezing the deeper you go, some are at regular temperature.

Also
Never again.

Isn't that shit a mod?

It is, and it also a terrible mistake.

Get at least some wool socks, undershirts, wintercoat, glove liners, helmet liner, long underwear and things like that.
There are some decent clothes with low encumbrance that will boost your warmth.

There's also electrically heated clothing I believe but I haven't tried it.
You can also put some coats on and if you plan on fighting, just drop them so you're back to low encumbrance again.

What's that about? Only know about abandoned storefronts.

They all came out of no where and my bullets just bounced off of them and they ran so fast

What's there now? The pizza parlors I've run into in stable were empty.

It adds abandoned pizzerias to the game That are filled with homicidal animatronics.

I just finished reinforcing the public works and the game crashed and didn't save the character. Its not even the building that I am annoyed with losing. What really bothers me is I just got done dragging a wood stove all the way there, shit took two hours.

Reeeeeeeee

I had heard about people manipulating them by getting them to aggro zombies. I accidentally opened one on a looting run in the middle of the night.

This is why you always keep a backup, not for save scumming, but for bullshit like that.

This is assuming you didn't back it up and lost everything, and not just your recent gameplay. If it's recent, then I'm sorry.

It was everything. I am now just playing dwarf fort since it can just autosave seasonally.

Sure, sure. Backups are good. I remember losing a couple of years of gameplay because I forget to save in df. And not onceā€¦

I would really like to have different factions in the game.
Bandit factions, military factions, Hydra factions and the Chinese invading force.

The Chinese would be especially fun as they probably never experimented with transposition meaning all the fucked up shit in the states would be relatively new to them.

But on the other hand they would be more advanced bionically, probably a few who are nothing but brains in bots.

NPC hardly work as they are, faction system exist but not really. Dont worry, next update will have more dildos and genders!

Triffids are a combination of the slime and plant life.
Same with giant insects and frogs and basically anything mutated.
Mutagen is created using the blobs.

The only thing that could possibly not be blobs are the monsters and fungi.
The fungi might actually be invaders of the blobs world that is now invading here.

you should try the launcher, it comes with an auto-backup function.
github.com/remyroy/CDDA-Game-Launcher/releases

No, Triffids are their own faction unrelated to the blob, according to the "lore."

This is an anomaly field, usually.

If you look through it you might find an artifact.

Aaaand I went and looked again and the pages have conflicting information.
One says they're plants + blob, another says they're independent. GG devs.

Depends on which lore.
The original cata dda has triffids being slime while dda is triffids are their own being.

I do like the dda idea that there are multiple planes though cata did set it up similar.

I think between both of them is some good setting, if a standalone is ever made we should pick what aspects of the lore gets carried over.

You can edit it yourself, no one cares. Rougelike lore is often based on fucking jokes and anecdotes. No one can take than shit seriously.

nigga what?
lore matters for quite a bit.

When I inspected it briefly while driving by, all I saw was rocks and rebar. I never went on foot to look through it or use a shovel to dig through it.

Would that make a difference? Is there something of value hidden underneath? Because from the image it seems like it's just loot, and not 'environment/geometry' like rubble, etc that I could use a shovel to dig through.

What I'm asking is, how would I discover this so called 'artifact'? Do I need certain equipment or something? My inner S.T.A.L.K.E.R self would say so. Or is this just bullshit?

Maybe it's just a portal. I think you need to get close to them to spot them as they act like traps IIRC.

The artifact, if one happened to generate there, would be around the center and just be an item laying in a pile. There isn't always an artifact there.

they are like portals, you have to be right next to them to see it.
Artifacts are good fun, you just never know what it does until you use it.
There are indicators based on what it is and the adjective used to describe it but they often always have side-effects.
Though sometimes those are good as well depending on the character you have.

I inspected the whole thing while driving by, but not much more since I quit shortly after. I'll definitely return tomorrow to check it out.

I'll be pleasantly surprise if there's more to it than the eye can see, never had an encounter with an artifact, or a portal for that matter. Thank you all for the explanations, even if they're just speculation.

What are spiral stones and petrified eyes for? I keep finding them but I never had a use for them.

Spiral stones are useless except for selling to idiot npcs. Petrified eyes are for opening Strange Temples, which contain artifacts and are very rare.

How do I become real slav in Cataclysm?

Unreal world is better for this?

As a slav I would not call us trigger happy. And probably lower perception since we dont give a fuck about anything that happen around us. So lover perception can indicate that. And you need more skills.

Better? This is how I know slavs at least

What's the best way to get through/break metal doors and reinforced windows? Jackhammer?

It's missing truth teller and illiterate on that pic

Either that or a car that you don't necessarily need.

Or luring some big Z into it

Locked metal doors can only be opened by applying an acetylene torch, AFAIK. If you're looking to get into a lab barracks, just go around the door. You can break down the wall beside the door with a jackhammer, or if you have high computers skill, break through the reinforced glass with a sledgehammer and unlock the doors by hacking the computer.

I would not say that we smell, but I cant be sure for obvious reasons.

After a bottle of wodka anyone's going to smell.

That depends on quality of vodka. Vodka of high quality is almost like water. No smell no taste. Like drinking water that evaporates right from your tongue.

It's been days since those were added in, isn't that thing supposed to update every day?

Not really. With the included balance mods you can disable 3/4ths of the lore and just have good old zombies. Sadly this does disable a lot of unrelated content though, like labs.

NPCs work, it's just the faction system that isn't great. If you're playing the latest experimental NPCs roam around, loot, trade, fight, and can rob you. The next Stable release is supposed to contain the overhauled faction system, but NPCs are working pretty well already.

I wish you didn't need a washboard. Like nigga, just use soap and water and call it a day.

I just died after like 1.5 ingame hours while having a follower. Apparently I was a great inspiration in that short time.

The fuck is this?

Oh wait, I think that might be part of that one mod

New thread when?