Alright, hit me with the best PSP games you guys can think of...

Alright, hit me with the best PSP games you guys can think of. I'm going on a roadtrip in a trailer and need some shit to pass the time and figured I'd check out some games I may have missed on the PSP that I barely ever played. Lay 'em on me.

there is a infopic and a mega with all the psp for emulation floating around

All you really need is Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity and Valkyria Chronicles III.

Thankfully, PSP2i doesn't need an english patch. It's easy enough to navigate if you're rune illiterate, and the story is so shit, that you're better off not understanding what's going on.

Finger crossed for this to come on PS4.
The first one is on PS4 and it's selling incredibly well, this might mean they're gonna port the second one.
2 is shit but if that sells too we might finally get 3.

Megaman powered up has a ton of Replay Value.

Each level has 3 difficulties.
If you beat a robot master with the mega buster you can play as them.
There are 100 challenge missions (some are hard as balls) and you unlock a secret character when you beat them all.
Every character has unique voice acted dialog for all the boss fights.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. Fuck peace walker, it's a casual shitty combination of metal gear and monhun.

Don't forget that it has a level editor and you can download them online.

Just emulate MGS1 instead or play Acid

Fuck you, faggot. Portable Ops is the fucking tits. MGS1 is too short, and everyone has played it, so it's pointless to recommend and hardly has the same amount of content as PO. And emulating PSX games on a PSP is shitty to set up. **ac1d is…..ac1d."

PON
PON
PATA
PON

Fate/Extra.

vc2 was fun, but shit MCs. And no Capcom will never port VC2 and VC3 when the new notVC game sell like shit.

It's Sega
Sega has been talking about being better at ports/remakes, but haven't given any definite details. Here's hoping

I can vouch for Carnage Heart EXA, game is rad as fuck if you're into the idea of building and programming robots - it's sort of like Armored Core Formula Front, only with much more focus on the AI programming side of things.

I'd also recommend Shinobido if you're at all into Tenchu, since it's by the same dev and it's gameplay is pretty much exactly the same..

Ac!d 1 and 2 are both great games, they're just not great Metal Gear games.

I couldn't say. They're the only Metal Gear games outside of the original MG's that I hardly bothered even touching. And that's coming from a dude who borderline worships the series.

Fucking plebs.
Arguably the best JRPG on the PSP.

Also here you go OP

Fuck you nigga, probably bitch about >muh lore too.

I'm a fag for OG Initial D but for fucks sake that game is fucking awful in comparison to Tokyo Xtreme Drift 2/rFactor with drift mods. I have no idea why people like street stage so much.

It's a handheld game, that was the gist of it.
Initial D Extreme Stage is the best drifting game.

God fucking dammit, from the anime to the games they can't stop cucking the fuck out of me.

If you like Monster Hunter you can pick up P3rd or Freedom Unite but beware they have semi-mandatory installs that suck up an extra chunk of space on your memory card. They're a lot of fun though and each offer hundreds of hours of gameplay. Pick up Gitaroo Man for the PSP, it's got extra stuff compared to the PS2 version and plays better. On the topic of rhythm games, get any random one of the DJMAX series. It's a shameless Beatmania clone but it does its job well but only if you like that sort of music. I don't know if you have CFW but if you do then you can emulate GBA, PS1 and many systems that came before.

I've been working at trying to make a more up-to-date version that image since it's been missing recent western releases (like Brandish TDR) and various fan translations (as those don't seem to have been something real big for the system back when the last edit was made to it some years back). Progress has been a bit slow though since I've been wanting to keep the descriptions for the games on there, which means any new additions need ones made for them too (preferably by people that have played and would recommend them).

Extreme Stage is what, $40-$60 on Ebay? That's not so bad but it is rather expensive for such an old game. Initial D fans get cucked a lot when it comes to merchandise though. The simplest thing in the world would be a little toy car of an AE86 but even the most basic and cheap model will run you $10+ for something that probably cost $2 when it was new. Don't even think about collecting any of the actual collector's grade stuff. Hell, even an actual AE86 is fucking EXPENSIVE.

Ac!d is a better metal gear than V was.

Yeah, no, wrong. Street Stage is based on one of the best in the series, but it's on the fucking PSP so it's trash. Special Stage is based on v2 and is okay, but the PS2 has shit all for wheels.
Extreme Stage is on the PS3 and has great options for wheels, but is based on v4, the worst game in the fucking series.

You just can't win.

I'd recommend Tactics Ogre or Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness.

quick question: What's a site where I can download PSP Isos as 7z files instead of Rar files like Emuparadise does?

This, that game is a real masterpiece.

well I guess I'll have to post them one by one

those dubs actually make up for it though

What's that like compared to the PS2 game?

Its an fps game, a pretty good one actually, specially if you like the series. Never played the ps2.

Summon Night 3

Worth getting if I enjoyed the anime and don't mind racing games?

Still surprises me a bit that the only entry in the series seeing any fan translation effort has been Swordcraft Story 3. I mean, spinoffs are one thing, but aside from SN5, the entire main Summon Night series is still moon only. I'd have thought that by this point at least one of them would have seen some effort, but I suppose that's what happens when no one's even bothered with bringing any of the main titles over from inception until last year or so.

Alright let me shill this game a little bit because I actually enjoyed it quite a bit and I think its pretty underrated.

You play as motoko but if I remember it right you can actually play as the other section 9 characters as well. There are quite a few weapons to unlock as you play, the missions are pretty varied with a few gimmicks here and there. The best part of the game though is the tachikoma. You can fully customize it down to the AI iirc and you can also jump inside and use it as a tank with increased mobility.

You also get the original voice actors from the anime, english dub, which is actually pretty good and this is coming from a guy that absolutely despises dubs.

Its a pretty cool game and the best fps on the psp by far, as if that meant anything anyway. You really should try it if you enjoy ghe anime series.

Get every Falcom game released on PSP.

That'll hold you over :^)

Shame some like Zwei and Zwei II still aren't in English.

That sounds really interesting, I'll check it out sometime user, thanks for the recommendation.

I played a bit of the first one in moon, and the Swordcraft Story series is so much better.

Granted I didn't get far enough to actually summon anything, but the generic SRPG gameplay doesn't do it for me as much as the awesome crafting/battle system of SS.

Yes, its expensive tho.