Total War Thread

No Warhammer edition

I've recently found out that Shogun 2 base is a completely different game than FOTS, and im enjoying it a lot right now. Im even considering to buy Attila after witnessing a Warscape game that doesn't suck ass. FOTS isn't bad either but i didn't like the themes and ranged combat at all.

So

Asking because im seeing that almost all TW mods are fully standalone total overhauls incompatible with each other and too large to try them all.

Other urls found in this thread:

twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2070-Medieval-Kingdoms-Total-War-1212-AD
liveleak.com/view?i=3d6_1366500894
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198000163776/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When is the Bretonnia and Wood Elf DLC dropping?

Playing the Third Age total war mod, one of the best mods I've ever played.

FotS has so little replay value, seven factions and the only real differences are some guys get slightly buffed shogunate/imperial infantry that all look the same when you're zoomed out anyway.

I really wish that Rome 2 had the physics and graphics of Attila.

I find the barbarian period in Attila the most boring, but it's so far I think the most advanced TW out there.

Warhammer is a fucking disgrace. Have you even seen the sieges?

:^)

pls respond

Shogun 2 vanilla is much more comfy, the art style, unit cards, tech trees and progression that doesn't inherently ruin your peoples morale because of modernization.

And you can do much more tactical fuckery with rock-paper-scissors Yari/Katana/Bow/Cavalry units than just riflemen shooting each other until one of them flees.

Are they that good then? Did they really pull their shit together after Rome 2?

Yes, it's the low point between the classical era and the middle ages. Are there even kewl elite units in Attila? I've heard that some factions lose technology over the ages.

Yes. No settlement battles as well, but honestly im just not that interested because of the fantasy setting in general.

I feel they really stepped their game up. The graphics are actually quite amazing, so much so that I can't really enjoy Rome 2, except playing as rome.

In Attila they just overhauled cavalry 200%. They're way less sticky, got multiple types to use and have actual momentum, so when you smash three units of heavy cav into an enemy it's REALLY satisfying.

They improved some other things too, like adding that you can finally just sack a city and not take, they also put razing cities back in the game. The horde mechanics are fun, though I sucked balls as the Huns, got my shit kicked in by turn 50.

The Charlemagne expansion gave it a feel of Medieval 2, but just a feel. Once I realized that there were only 3 tiers of units and they all generally played the same, a lot of the luster was lost on me. They are really pretty though.

why you gotta do that satan

So that's why I've been enjoying it so much.

Hmph, I just wanted to make Rome whole again

Also roll, faggots

rollan

Time to conqour Africa, lad

I am kangs n shiet

WE WUZ VANDALS AN SHIET, PRAYAN 2 GOD ERRY DAY CUZ JESUS IS JUST A MAN AYOO

Does anyone hace the game? Want to do a co-op campaign?

Thera: Legacy of The Great Torment. Give it a try.

What game is a it a mod for?

It is better but their fucking family tree sucks.

roll

I pirated Medieval 2 total war, does the 4 Gb patcher works whit cracked exes to play mods? i am getting crashes on Warhammer Begining of the end times for M2

THE STRONGEST WALL OF ROME ARE HER LEGIONS

Oh right. Sorry bout that. Medieval 2 mod. Real fun. You can play as 22 factions? I forget even though I was literally playing 20 minutes ago. Imagine a world where samurais can fight against Teutonic Knights and the Roman Empire.

Hot damn that does sound fun, too bad M2 multiplayer is fucked

Yea, but the campaign has a huge overhaul and is a lot of fun. The map has a pretty decent setup. It's awesome to try and conquer Renaissance Germany as iron age Celtic pagans.

I never understood why so many people claim that Fall of the Samurai is somehow the best part of Shogun 2 when it is obviously an unbalanced mess. Sengoku will always be the superior time period for games.

This is enraging me.

Some guy made a similar mod for Attila, but the faggot has run off and discontinued it. Don't remember what it's called but I've got a pretty good improvement roster going for my Attila.

Medieval Kingdoms campaign WHEN

twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2070-Medieval-Kingdoms-Total-War-1212-AD

I've not played Attila. I don't think my toaster could take it. Regardless, if I could, there isn't another user I'd rape and pillage with.

Thank you for your kind words user

How do the Austraians continue to pull armies out their ass? About half my battles are being fought with undermanned battalions because I just fought off two other armies
Also, why are the Italian states so shit?Theyve done literally nothing except for Sardinia-Piedment (which fought me but is now my puppet) And Venice which got gobbled by Austria. They just sit their
I'm playing Darthmod if that changes anything

I'm playing the Broken Crescent mod for Medieval 2. It's really good and centered around the Middle-East and South-Western Asia. I'm playing as Jerusalem and have conquered Egypt. I'm thinking about conquering the rest of the Middle-East starting with Arabia. There's also the Kingdom of Makuria in southern Egypt, but they are fellow (Orthodox) Christians and are currently allied with me. The Byzantines would be a brutal, long, and bloody campaign as they've secured Asia-minor by eliminating the Turks and have A LOT of army stacks. My Georgian allies have secured a good amount of territories for themselves. Where should I go next, anons?

Anybody? i know that stainless steel mod uses the same patcher.

Continue doing the Lord's work

Christ is in our midst

Just make a fucking backup copy and try it.

One thing I never got was tactics. Usually I'd try to outmaneuver the enemy with a few units, it was a bit strange, I had no cohesion but I managed a few battles losing less than 500 men versus them losing 1200.

Then when I played Empire, I lined up all my infantry in a line, but at times I tried my best to mix things up, but I'm not a tactical genius and the battles pretty much played out the same in every Total war game I played.

Played Shogun 2, the AI was much better, I couldn't even play the game how good the AI was compared to the older games.

He is and always shall be

Fuck you and your two-bar cross

I did not make the video, my hot blooded friend

Did you have a pleasant Pentecost?

liveleak.com/view?i=3d6_1366500894

Anyone got a favorite music or playlist to listen to?

I got a playlist but any medieval music typically matches well with my gameplay and battles. High tempo for sieges though

It looks like a good game, but it's unoptimized as fuck, I have a 390x, and can't get it to run at 60 fps, even if I put it at potato-face quality.

That's the old one, bud. They moved to Attila. I can't wait for this mod

Am i good at tactics yet?

Which is weird considering it's pretty much TWR reskinned and features restored, It gets even worse when there's a battle with both side having full stack army

yup

It was pretty good. The bishop of the eparchy came to our little church to celebrate liturgy.

That sounds lovely, we should probably be on-topic though

Do you have Attila? If anyone does I'd love to play a co-op campaign tomorrow or tonight and share mod rosters, after about 1k hours in I want to play against AI with a pal user.

TWR2*

You deserve that Phyrric victory

I have it but it's pirated, It could probably work with shit like gameranger, tunngle, etc. I don't have the Slavic DLC though

Why does Shogun 2 CTDs on me randomly during some battles?

Even Rome 2 runs better than this.

I have a steam copy, I've never played cross-platform like this but I'd be willing to try

Alright bud leave the link to your Steam somewhere and i'll add you when i got back, i gotta go for now

I'll be on in 8 hours ;)

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198000163776/

Any mods? I played Shogun 2 for a long time but I never had a single CTD

No mods, just vanilla.

I looked through google and I see people suggested running the game with DX9 or setting compatibility, have you tried these?

That was pretty fun to watch

Saved from page 12

Fug. I have a R9 290. If they didn't patch that by now, theres no hope of them doing it later i suppose.

Forgive me /totalwar/ for I have sinned. I find the best part of the game is the city building

Also I think the mechanics with uprisings in Otomo lands is a bit fucked

Bump

What's up with the battle stutter in Rome2? I keep getting the one where units freeze for a few seconds, but the camera and animations mostly keep running.

I'm gonna buy a total war game this sale, I've been playing some total warhammer at a friends house and really enjoyed using roman tactics as Reikland, figued I would enjoy other total war games more. Heard that Rome 2 was shit on release but is decent now, how's Atilla? Will prolly grab one or two of the older ones as well for the mods.
I enjoy Hearts of Iron diplomacy stuff which game is best for that?

I remember playing the falcom mod in med 2 as Japan tried to conquer asia first but got stuck in khmer territory because they kept spawning full stacks. Then I used a cheat to remove the fog of war to see the full scale of their army and it was atleast 50 stacks against my 5 stacks of elite daikatana wielders, I also went to see the americas there and everyone had atleast 40 stacks just sitting there sometimes fighting with each other.

None of them. Diplomacy in TW has never been good.

As for a game to play, it all depends on what eras you're interested in. Medieval 2 is my personal favourite mainly because of the setting, but I prefer Shogun 2 in terms of camera controls and organising units but not for unit and enemy variety, that goes to the original Rome.

I still dislike Rome 2 despite all of the updates. For all the work they've done, the battles still aren't as satisfying to me as they were in Rome, Medieval, Shogun and even Empire and Napoleon.

Rome and Medieval 2 also have some of the best total conversion mods. Third Age mod is brilliant for Medieval 2.

Can't comment on Atilla as I've not played it.

The TW games are quite cheap at the moment anyway. Rome 2 may be okay for you if you haven't had that much experience with the series, but I just can't play it myself.

I still play Medieval 2 Shogun 2, Rome and Empire now and again so I'm not burnt out on the series. Rome 2 is just a disappointment.

Any tips you can give to a total newcomer to the series? I am torrenting Medieval 2 right now but I never played a TW game before - I have always been a 4x guy to heart.

I still don't get why people shit all over Rome 2. It's been more fun then Attila, which runs like dogshit, and Shogun 2

Well, now it's ruined. Great

I always found England easy to play as. You should aim to take York on the first or second turn before the Scots turn up. Then you should take Caernafon. After that, take out the Scots before they expand to Ireland (or worse, Norway) so they're out of the picture. Need to be careful attacking Christian factions though as you'll get warnings from the pope that he'll excommunicate you, which can lead to all Christian factions attacking you and even calling a crusade against you.

You should try to keep on the popes good side in the early game, just so you don't end up with the above scenario. Once your economy gets going, you can usually just steam roll through any resistance.

Don't build armies of just mercenaries. They're all extremely expensive and will drain your economy. Having some to bolster your forces for a battle or two is usually a good idea though.

Try not to put taxes up. It'll just hamper growth and you'll eventually fall behind in tech.

You should only really need one castle in Britain. You can convert Caernafon and Inverness when you take them. Nottingham is in a decent position to leave as a castle. Towns make more money than castles.

Pretty much the start of the game is all about securing Britain as quickly as possible so you can focus on a southern defence in Caen or an attack depending on what the French are up to.

So in short

If you want to take out Scotland quick, build a ship, build siege two equipment (Ballista is fine) put that and your army in a boat, sail it to Edinburgh and attack it the same turn you declare war.

When you get in the battle, only have your ballistas attack the castle gates. Move your troops in only when the gate have been destroyed and keep them in groups.

4 Archer units, 2-4 Heavy Cavalry and 6-8 decent infantry will let you take it in one turn. The pope won't be happy but he won't excommunicate you.

Welp, I'll get Rome and medieval 2. Will see about the newer ones. Gonna investigate.

Thanks user. You're a cool guy. I'll get back at you after I fail miserably.

NO user!
YOU!
WILL!
SUCCEED!

ded