Mount and blade bannerlords thread

How do you feel about the current state of the game?

Also why the fuck won't they release more info, I know they got alot done

Other urls found in this thread:

warez-bb.org/viewtopic.php?t=23325135&highlight=
archive.is/EV3dE
youtube.com/watch?v=vZmo-JA_kMo&ab_channel=ArcadeKnight
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pretty fucking hyped.
Have you seen the recent footage of sieges?
It looks miles better than what we ever had, that part when the castle defenders are throwing rocks and burning urns on the guys trying to break the main door. All the strategy options will make things far more interesting.

Will there be an option for an organised march? Where you army looks organised? I don't like that they just run in a disorganized mob, they're ment to be a standing army.

>Not charging at your enemies like a pack of literally snow niggers

1/10, absolutely not barbaric.
I believe there is a formation system now, not sure if that would allow an organized march

Does anyone know good free vidya recording software?

I mean, is that a hard thing to do with all the individual soldiers? I imagine it's a lot different to how Total War manages individual troops.

Activepresenter is kind of free. I mean it's not but it has all the features I needed in the free version.

I don't know if it's good though.

Can you play as Trump in this?

Wait a minute, I just realized that the jar o' flames that was catapulted in the beginning broke some rocks. I really hope either the castle is old, the jar was attached to a rock, or it was already hit a bunch so a little thing broke it. The flames were used to destroy the wooden structures inside the castle, not to take down walls (unless they were wooden, I suppose).

I heard there was one that started with a capital "O" but I don't remember the full name and can't find it.

You can stand on a wall and throw burning oil at immigrants if you want to

I want to kill all kikes, niggers, spics, and degenerates. Can you do that?

Stay triggered, Holla Forums

from what I udnerstand it's just mount and blade with better graphics and sieging

and thats really all I need

I'm amazed combat seems to have gone under no improvements despite a decade of better melee combat games being released since mount & blade was public.

The character creator is pretty good, I guess you could. Small hands aren't very good for combat though.

It's free now
warez-bb.org/viewtopic.php?t=23325135&highlight=

That would be OBS

What combat would that be? The slow paced combat of M&B works perfectly fine in conjunction with the rest of the game. Directional attack is great too.

You marxists are hilarious. Next you're going to call him Drumpf.

Its actually better, they've improved a shitton of things while keeping the game familiar as all hell.

Here comes that groid.
Tell me how much better Chivalry and Dork Souls combat is you dumb fucking nigger

You sound buttsore… I don't care about American politics, his hands look small, it was a mere observation.

Oh yes, I'm suddenly a leftist because you say something fucking retarded. You realize I voted for Trump? You realize I used to frequent Holla Forums, before newfaggot redditors and trolls and shills (whichever one is applicable to you) shat it up with your idiotic speak? Die in a fire.

Dubs confirm, thanks!

chivalry combat is terrible, dark souls at least has decent animations.

directional combat isn't good when there's no sense of speed involved. Works in PVK2, it's a fast game. Doesn't work in M&B because it's slow as shit. Would be better with better animations and more differentiated combat moves beyond just NSEW with mild differentiating properties beyond vulnerable directions.

What am waiting for is the diplomacy/developement aspect.
Specifically once you're lord of your own castle or, even better, once you start your own kingdom.
Would be nice to have religious warfare as well.

Kys

New Reich when?

for

You're the same retard that could point out what was wrong with the system and started saying the combat on M&B was bad because it uses the same animations for different weapons?
Come back when you have a real argument, fighting with a sword isn't supposed to be fast, the slowness forces you to think before you move.

I'm sure he is not going to kill himself over being called a shill on Holla Forums. Suicide rate here would be higher than those of /r9k/

This would be pretty fucking important, even mods that tried to make it better were too shallow.

nice bait

counter sage

Same guy everytime, kill yourself nigger

People are actively posting on this thread, there is no need for a "counter sage". Stop being a retard and shit up some other thread.

Its the same fucking faggot everytime

There aren't any niggers because the game is set in Europe, and instead of spics you've got Romans, plus Our Greatest Ally is just kinda missing, but you can declare a crusade against The Religion of Peace.

I'm pumped for it. Love Mountain Blade.

Don't think my laptop will be able to run Bannerlord though. Barely ran Warband.

Says the maverick shitting up this thread with non-M&B material.

Nice. I hate shitskins so much.

Well, you do have Aserai, which are pretty much sand niggers (think Asia minor).

If it is anything like the older ones, you can remove the factions, but the people will be there. An option to completely destroy cities and towns would be neat, but too easily abused.

Are you trying to fit in?
Get the fuck out of here already

THIS

go back to youtube/reddit/ other bbsboard cancer shitshows like neofaglords

I wouldn't doubt it, newfags have been crawling out of the walls these past couple days.

Eh, sorry. I'm drunk you see.

that's fine. I forgive you

Would make sense since every faction has its own culture well established now and that would give it more depth.

but there is a way to do that nigger, you select what troop type you want to order with 1 - 9 and give them advanced orders with f2

wouldn't you agree that it's really clunky and it could be done much better?

The "advance 10 steps" or something like that? They don't move in a proper formation, but yeah, it works.
The problem with proper formation advancement is that the AI needs to scramble too much in order to attack a group of enemies, it would end up being counterproductive in terms of combat performance.

And maintain control over your avatar?
Probably, but its pretty hard to come up with a system like that and it woulf probably change the rest of the game heavily as well.

Yes user, that is indeed the joke

How, in what way, are beaners Romans? Bit of an insult don't you think? And anyway, Rome towards it's end was as corrupt as the West's governments are, so you get "Jews"

Learn Geography already you fucking burger

Whats so funny?
Educate yourself

Because I'd call Hispanians other names. It's funny because I thought wrong.

Holy fucking shit user, warband is fucking destined for toasters how can your laptop be so shit?

Are Romans Spanish?

Well there's Jewish diaspora and all that shit, but I recall that there were Jewish mercenaries

This
Although the Muslims back then embrace their warmonger culture and Jihads were frequent

Finnish music is pretty fucking rad, the rhythms are a thing of their own.

They could take a similar approach to the "use X weapon command". Press one of the Fs to tell your units to move in formation or to scramble. Seems pretty viable, you probably couldn't put together individual formations (as in having more than one block of troops moving in formation), at least not without having hand assigned categories for the troops (ie: putting some troops on "Infantry 1" and some others on "infantry 2").

Thats a really nice Finnish painting

I still dont understand why he though Rhodoks are Spics, they are clearly Italian, their focus on Spears should be enough to make that clear.

Murrican education at work, I'd wager.

That and being a bunch of rebellious asshole republics run by burghers instead of proper nobility.

The new motto of my life.

And how they often stick their heads through the castle windows to scream angrily while they agitate their hands in a very expressing manner.

As bad as Italians are at least they arent Spics or Frogs.

Mediterranean people are cancer.

Rhodoks are complete shit and you know it. They can't be "Roman" if they always get their shit kicked in by sarranids. They're literally almost as bad as the khergits.

Oh shit, this guy voted for Trump and he has a bunch of Holla Forums images saved. I guess he's just one of the goys guys us after all.

Slavshit pls

Nice proxy

How about a system like Dominions where you give a set of vague orders like "Attack archers", "Stand on Hill" or "Intercept Cavalry" before battle, that way, you can concentrate on combat and also command effectively.

Slavs may be cancer, but an unintentionally funny one. Southerners are pigu disgusting, european hues, all of them.

What was the point of mount and blade of fire and sword

I bought it hoping it would be like a complete overhaul but i found it worse than warband

Rhodoks may not be as manly as the Nords or as fancy as the Swadians but they're still pretty cool.

There's something to be said for lines of spearmen and crossbowmen. It's wonderful to see in action.

You can do that already during battle
You can be vague or go indepth, thats whats magical about the game.

Say again?

It was an adaptation of a Polish book. It'd be better if the fucking marshal system would work properly, at best you get 2 lords following you while the other marshal can rally the full 20 lords. It currently has the best sieges out of all M&B games.

It's clear you have no idea what I mean. You've never played Dominions have you?

No, I have not
Should I start with the first one or the other games by the same dev?

Go Dominions 4
Basically, before battle you set up formations and some simple commands
A lot like the examples I gave, "Stand here and fire arrows", "Stand in a line formation and form a phalanx", "Charge at soldiers in the rear". This means that strategy is not just about reacting to your opponent but also predicting what he's going to do and preemptively countering him. If the pre-battle setup needs to be emphasized more, just add a delay time for soldiers to react to commands on the field. This means that pre-battle orders are more important.

Aye thanks.

Open Broadcaster Software.
Don't let the name fool you, it both records and live streams.
If on Linux, SimpleScreenRecorder is pretty good as well.

hype

who fucked with my image
HOTWHEEEEEEEEEELLLLSSS

You're missing the point though, they're incredibly easy to beat. The only reason they get any kind of kills is because of their sharpshooters who can easily be taken down by cavalry and I can absolutely demolish their spearmen with a handful of swadian infantry.

Also they look like shit.

Rhodoks are weak in the field, but very strong when defending fortresses or castles.

The best mountain blade game I've ever played was when something went wrong and the Swadians, Sarranids, and Nords all teamed up on Rhodocks and split their land three ways
all that Rhodok blood… glorious

I think Finland is the only faction I've yet to really bother with. I'll go start a campaign now. Have to avoid sieges though. The funny thing is that the Mongols got pretty good at siege warfare as things went on.

Oh thank god.

It is still too much but at least is less than the rest of cucked countries. And Portugal is saved because nobody cares about it.

Khergit tribesmen are actually pretty decent at siege defence compared to other recruits because of muh bows.

Man, been playing Silverstag for a week and the recruitment system honestly sucks ass
You have to be rich and/or a lord to have an army of good soldiers, and to be rich you need to have an army or win tournaments all the time with 1000 denar bets
And if you have an army of shit people (the only you can get) you will be thrown into the sea of blood because they get butchered very easily, costing more money at large
And even if you get to be rich, there's no veterans to recruit, and even if you grab a couple as rescued prisioners, the vast majority of cool troops are behind a faction paywall

It's a mess, it's kinda balanced, yes, but you can't get any significant power as a benevolent rebel. And wages are more expensive

Seriously doubting if i should go on, and Butterlord is nowhere to be seen, and it seems my PC won't run it

Looks like they're building on warband without changing a whole lot. If the sieges really have destructable walls, then they're a complete improvement over its predecessor and I'm looking forward to it.

It doesn't look like they did much to change the way combat works, though, so don't expect miracles. Yet to see how they've overhauled the world map with its towns/cities and the feudalism politics simulation.

D-dubs confirmed

For some reason I have a strong desire to genocide the new celtic faction.

Can i kill the butterking and fuck his butterdaughter?

Pros:
-Game looks amazing, graphic wise
-Seriously improved the models
-Sieges look great
-Formations look like they've been improved
-Fighting seems smoother, though still good-ole Mountain Blade
-Player-NPC interactions have been improved
-World map looks great

Imma give it 8/10 based off the gameplay footage, but I'm hoping it'll come out as a 9/10

It seems lords can be executed, that's for sure but i don't know about kangz n sheit
Would make putting some pretender more easily

whatever you think about mountain blade combat, at least its not embed.

silverstag is essentially all the floris guy's bad ideas. Just play floris, its better, and the only bad idea floris has is black khergits in the sandnigger area.

I think you can marry her in floris but it isn't really worth it anyways.

Also

*tips

Question: What the fuck is up with gabrilduro and his mods? I remember playing one set in colonial America when out of nowhere the theme of Oblivion just started playing.

I would fuck that so hard

Guess i will check it out, it's just that Silverstag has plenty of good details and ideas except in the main game, where it should matter

He seems to be insane. The 1860s America mod is a wild ride beyond sense and decency.

If you have an nvidia card just use shadowplay. It's free, really lightweight and gives high quality nicely compressed recordings.

Anything else and I hope you like 7GB 2 minute recordings.

I really liked the combat. Simple but effective.
Probably didn't help that I basically only used a lance on horseback though.

don't forget the crossbows.

I really do need to try M&B again at some point. I was in a bad mood at the time, burnt out on vidya and anyone whose been in the gaming blues knows you try to get out of it, few games can actually win you over. M&B didn't, but I did only play about an hour of it.

I'm right now in the blues as you call it
One of the few games that pulled me out are MnB, i tried to play Silverstag but burned me out, played Vanilla too much when it saved me

I'm stranded ATM, wouldn't recommend it if you are in the blues AND desperate because it needs time
For those moments you need your all time favorites that you haven't replayed a lot or a miracle game

OBS

No no I think he's referring to the new way of moving army by draging a flag around where you look. You can keep them stayed in the formation they're in as you move them

Hyped for Polearms finally looking like a good choice.

Yeah, I figured it needed some time to shine. It does sound good fun, M&B. I'm not in the blues at the moment, I'm just going through a lot of shooters. Probably start either Duke or move into squad tactical shooters today.

Take a step back from games user and get back in when you feel a bit better. I went over three weeks last time, the longest I've ever gone without playing a game I think.

Whatever con there is, it'll be open source.

This. who wouldnt want to fuck up some peasants with a great sword

I like that in Viking conquest (maybe in Brytenwalda too I guess) that the spear gets another move that the user does an overhead thrust, it's really effective and way better than the lame and shit normal thrust
I hope they add this to the game

On an anonymous imageboard nobody cares what you are. Be it drunk, sober, poor, rich, white or black. All that matters is the content you post, and people will define you using that.
You chose to "THIS" post, which is a very uncreative and non informative way to express your opinion.
You could have elaborated why you would like to see said features, but you actively chose not to.
You also posted that you are drunk, which is not necessary information anyone here requires, it only tells us what you are, and doesn't add anything to what you posted.
Overall, your posts add nothing.

nigger

double nigger

at this point it doesn't even matter since it will be open source and the Vanilla will still be exceptionnal. Unlike Paradox for example that wants the goy to develop the game for them while they sell DLCs.

Oh they definitely will, spears only having one move was a problem with the old game; you could block an entire contingent of Rhodok spearmen just by holding your weapon low. The Viking Conquest guys did alot of original work and gave their own tweaks to the engine, and I don't think Talesworld will overlook it.

how dare you call me a double nigger you.. you TRIPLE nigger

sorry im autistic

It's ok you're not the only one ITT.
retard

I just want to stand here in heavy armour looking at the peasant doing 0 dmg to me and then kill them all in one big swing.

Wow, 10/10 post really contributed to the M&B thread fam.

r u ok

by that logic chivalry combat is great because its all about manipulating the speed of your swings.

But it's true

Great observation, my friend.

I've been through several
Longest i remember was like 2 years or so
This time i'm around 3 months, don't even know why i'm posting here, thou i visit the dead boards once in a while

Wasn't referring to mudshits. We were discussing frogs, spics and italians.

They're friendly as hell nigger

t. Anthony Soprano

They won't release more information because their main community manager (the ginger cunt) only cares about MP, not SP.

why do so many games go this retarded way ?
They think it will keep their game alive and popular ?
Often it's the exact opposite that happens.

Well, M&B MP can be fun with all the MP mods, though most people seem to stick to native, Napoleon, or whatever the flavor of the month mod is, like Zulu.

Also, TW saw the popularity of their game increase immensely with MP.

The thing is that the thin playerbase can't really spread to all the mods so you usually end up with most people on native and napoleon and then everywhere else is dead.
Still, MP is fun but it shouldn't be the focus.
Whatever though, it's open source and while the "mods will fix it" argument is absolutely retarded, here it's true.

"mods will fix it" should only be the case on subjective things. The game needs to have both feet on the ground first, anything less and the devs are lazy bastards.

archive.is/EV3dE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

M&B was never open source, I don't know why people keep saying that. The game is built in a very open and modifiable manner with that module scheme where the base game has very little inaccessible stuff. But that's not open source. The new SDK looks fucking fantastic, so modding is likely going to be a lot better now.

Can I magic missile?

I'm pretty hyped.

That huge raid on Youtube probably brought in a ton.

Well it's still better than anyone I can think off so Hail Talewords.
And Hail their decision to tell Paradox to fuck off.

That's why Rule 1 used to be a thing. Next time we do a raid, let's blame it on either cuckchan or 9gag. Shouldn't be too hard to make a false flag post on cuckchan "Organizing" the raid.

So cuckchan is the new ebaumsworld?

And SA is now Moms against Gaming. Funny how things change over time.

Why is pretty much every single mod for Warband utter shit? For fuck's sake, you don't need roving bands of fucking demi-gods to make the game difficult. How do you fucking justify a group of bandits shooting 100+ damage fire arrows, moving at the same speed as a single, unmounted player with pathfinding?

What mod is that? I don't even recall fire arrows at all.

You playing PoP or something?

i heard from some guy that lords will be able to build their own villages/towns, and that you can buy/sell fiefs
any of that true?

The Kolkar Clan in A New Dawn. I'm trying to get as many Khergit Riders as possible, and these fuckers, the Black Khergits, the Amazons and a thousand other custom bandits keep chasing me down, kicking my Nomads' asses, and taking all of my gold and fruit.

I've played like, five mods and none of those had anything like what you're describing.
My favorite one was buggy as hell, sadly. A real disappointment.

So, I was watching the E3 siege video, and at the beginning, during the deployment phase, the guy playing was able to zoom the camera out.

Is that going to be a mechanic available during the battle proper to command your troops or are the kebabs still being retarded and defaulting to the shit and clunky command interface of Warband?

Well, I know you can be specific with what a village produces, but not if you can build you own village/town.

I also know you can trade fiefs with other lords. They had a very short blog on that.

Actually its:

t.Alberto Barbosa
at least my country is known for something other than creating BRs in this fucking board

spank me daddy i'm such a bad colony

You can, You get a shitty village and can expand it on the wolrd map, by, for example, build a castle besides it, or a farm, or other shit like that.

You kind get a village and "grow" it into an actual fiefdom, with all sorts of stuff.

Check the video, its explained here:

youtube.com/watch?v=vZmo-JA_kMo&ab_channel=ArcadeKnight

t. Salazar

THOSE SNEEKY TURKS!

Why live?

t. João Fabiano

The fuck did I miss?

I hate that guy so fucking much. Sounds like a faggot.

Damn, forgot to take off my spoiler
Now that I think about it, he actually sounds a bit Jewish.

It truly will be a harvesting season.

And when it comes, all those poor villages will be completely looted. The men in them will be sold as slaves, their women raped by the most barbarian of men in Calradia, and the babies killed. And then we will feast and do great tournaments with great honor.

BUTTER

You have this too.

I fucking hate normalfags, I bet many of them legitimately though the movie was right wing propaganda.

As a br i love how many common day words in portugal are swear words in brland and how the names for male and female underwear are swapped between the 2 countries

I know. It's still pretty funny though. Most people on here have just seen that clip since even a torrent of the movie is pretty rare to find. Easy to make that mistake then.

Not Poortuguese or BR but i find odd how the movie's preview was acclaimed in many festivals and there was a positive general perception of it from ads
And then it sold only 100k tickets
Shamefur dispray, Moortugal

Still dont know why you took Puto as an offense like the moced spics

*mixed spics

Normalfags like anything by the globalization kikes.
National culture is very strictly upheld on only some sections of our society, like food and sports.

Your best players never return to Portugal, one of the best youth systems in Europe has rarely, if ever, worked for its team (Sporting CP) and the other team is known for being the jew of Latin countries' systems (FC Porto)
Steak is done everywhere, the wine is good but it doesn't surpass "sweet dessert/cooking wine" status

The sweet bread is good thou, impossible to deny it
And the classic national architecture of Portugal, the Manuelino style, is very rarely used anymore and some globalists tear down some of its smaller examples because "muh industrial complex"
Also the Moor killing antics cannot be presumed anymore

At least you guys have decent cities, niggers aside, loved Lisboa

t. Jose Gonzales

Lisbon is a shithole though

Right, I guess the Pavise Crossbowmen have nothing to do with them being Italian >:(

How are the Azores?

Re-installing Mountain Blade with Floris evolved.

Are there any tweaks that makes leveling faster? Boring as shit that I have to put all my xp into charisma and leadership. It turns the game into an RTS with a shit camera instead of an CRPG.

I just hope it has character dismemberment or some proper blood textures. Is that too much to ask?.

What a stupid fucking game

Export your character, then import it back. Works between modules, so you can export your vanilla character and import it on any other module.

You can even edit the file and give you 10 in all skills and 100 in all attributes, but eh.

Dismemberment looks pretty stupid most of the time. I honestly rather no have it, hated that shit on modern FO too, it looks out of place and forced. Dismembering an armored person with a sword would be pretty dumb too.

But doesn't that put me on the same level? I could read books again though.

Feels bad man. I hope the inevitable Napoleonic mod for Butterlord will be big.

Shit, I forgot about that mod. I should play it more.

Is that the 1860s mod?

Great concept but very limited execution. Would fucking love it if it had the same level of support Floris has. I'd play an independent mercenary/bounty hunter while listening to western movies soundtracks.

North and South. MP-only mod that uses assets made by the guy who is doing that Napoleon SP mod.

If you want a good western mod, just play 1866 for the original.

Bannerlord fucking when? We all know we're going to be disaapointed anyway because the game will be ridden with bugs.

Currently playing ACOK right now as a marshall of volantis and the only players left in essos are tyrosh (eternally cucked by my factions's power) and braavos ( they will put up a good fight when we go to war again.When I unite essos I'll set my sights to westeros where renly took the iron throne. Dorne, iron islands, westerlands are all gone.

Pretty good in terms of living conditions, space and ideology, but most people aint much better than the mainland and most will gargle the globalist cock.
Really rural, but thats whats great about it, excellent place to live in just like in most smaller cities/areas except you live near the beach at all times.

Urban environmments are fucking garbage no matter how much people will deny it.

Games at launch always have problems nowadays.
Especiallly a game like this.
Youll only be dissapointed depending on your expectations just like VR, but one things for sure, the game will be good and the devs are based.

we all exaggerate online, but in all honesty i don't know if i have ever been this excited for a game. maybe super mario rpg when i was 13 but i don't know. i am so fucking stoked

Last time I was excited for a game was back when Will Wright showed off Spore.

Why is one better than the other?