Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/translations/2263/
youtube.com/watch?v=V8CoBAaTYR4
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here you go, mama.

IM GONNA NEED MORE THAN THAT YA CUNT

This one right here.

wouldn't call either of them obscure but here you go.

How obscure are we talking here?

Illusion of Gaia isn't really obscure but you never hear it mentioned by normalfags.

Final Fantasy and Breath of Fire are neat.

This one is the "sequel" of sorts to The 7th Saga, so there's an obscure one for you.

OBSCURE AS IN SHIT THAT DOESNT USUALLY GET MENTIONED AROUND HERE

Try this on for size

Obscure enough?

Robotrek is balla and never gets any love.

Not a particularly great game but it still has some charm.

KYUUYAKU MEGAMI TENSEI
romhacking.net/translations/2263/

Came here to say that.
also checked

Damn, you beat me to it!

While looking up games I just discovered that the SNES had an Inspector Gadget game.
That means that Penny is now officially Holla Forums related.

Tresure of the rudras, not obscure, but people dont talk about it much

Live-A-Live

I can't help but think of chinatsu from yururyuri when i see her.

First pic probably not too obscure, but barely see anyone talking about it.

Second pic I had a really hard time finding the name of and I NEVER heard anyone besides me talk about it. It's also super hard, or at least I'm remembering it that way.

more games need background elements that reach out to kill you

It's not really THAT good, but the concept is interesting.

This guy gets it.

Metal Max Returns

Why don't they make "just for fun" fighting games anymore?

イデアの日

Terranigma

did they really do that

You want obscure?

Maka Maka, one of the worst games of all time, but pretty weird most of the time. By the way, the final boss dies in one hit. No one knows if it's intentional or not because the game was released in about a Sonic 06 state, probably worse even.

"Day of the Idea", the much better and actually finished spiritual successor.

OP said obscure you illiterate faggots

Because Clayfighter is too shit to be fun. It makes Mortal Kombat look like Virtua Fighter as far as depth and playability goes.

At least he posted a text adventure that was only released as satellite only downloadable content. The only reason anyone knows about it is because of the Chrono Trigger connection. You wouldn't know from Radical Dreamers if it was a stand alone title.

It's more obscure than fucking Terranigger. Radical Dreamers never even got a physical release and came close to being forever lost had someone not backed up the data on a Satellaview cart.

And just because it's Square doesn't mean everyone's heard of it. You going to tell the guy who posted Bahamut Lagoon his post isn't obscure either?

I'd rate Bahamut Lagoon as less obcure that Live A Live, which is less obscure than Treasure of the Rudras. Still, if it's made by Square or Enix there's a good chance people will know about it just because of how many fucking RPGs they made/published, mostly of decent quality.

Nigger did you just insult Mortal Kombat?

This is what I'm talking about. Not every FG needs to be an Evo level (or wannabe Evo level) SF2-like. I mean I don't have a problem with those game but I'd just like some FGs to just enjoy and fuck around with. Just some fighting games not all of them.

STEP ASIDE BITCHES, TIME FOR SOME MOTHER FUCKING
BRAIN LORD
youtube.com/watch?v=V8CoBAaTYR4

maybe youre the tera-nigger

If you think Mortal Kombat has any depth compared to Street Fighter, you're retarded. It's not bad though and certainly better than fucking Clayfighter.

Which is what Mortal Kombat is, though it's certainly not deep and it has many flaws. It's certainly more fun to fuck around with than other shitty fighting games from its era like Clayfighter or Rise of the Robots.

Did you know about Radical Dreamers before I posted it? Do you know what it's related to? Do you know what game it's basically a rough draft for?

Because I guarantee you most people can't answer any of those questions. It's obscure you hem hawing faggot, being published by Square has nothing to do with obscurity.

イデアの日 is pretty underloved. Not a perfect game, but a pretty good one.

Love how there are multiple themes for normal battles that play at random.

My nigga

And I though Holla Forums was supposed to be full of weebs.

Yes, I made a post before you vaguely implying I know all about Radical Dreamers. I can go into detail about about it if you really want. I bet you think Xenogears is obscure too. You know from Xenogears, right?

Xenogears came out in places outside of Japan and was heavily advertised and sold millions of copies on disc. Radical Dreamers was a download only title in Japan and wouldn't exist if not for people saving the game from its broadcast in the mid 90s. Even then its ties to Chrono Cross aren't apparent unless you play it or hear about someone playing it because the games title alone doesn't make that clear, and most people didn't know about it until people dumped the data from its Satellaview cart, knew someone in Japan that played it, or probably had scans of old Famitsu mags. And none of that has to do with it being a Square game and suddenly not being obscure enough of a company's involvement in the project.

Are you done being a stupid nigger?

There needs to be more magical girl games PERIOD.

Magical girls best theme.

The only reason people know it exists is because of the Chrono games, you fucking moron. And the only reason anyone bothered digging it up was because, guess what, Square made it.

Do you know how many other games languish in obscurity because they aren't associated with some actually well known game? Look at Osamu Sato's games, one of which halfchan's /vr/ found a few years ago only through massive amounts of autism, and another one which they only just recently found confirmation still exists. The only reason people bothered, aside from the sheer fact that it's absurdly obscure, is because he also made LSD Dream Simulator, a fairly popular game.

Or how about Sateleview, you know what games mostly got salvaged? Zelda, FE, Radical Dreamers, and the like. What other games were lost to the ether because no one cared enough about them because they weren't associated with anything popular.

I fucking love this threads. I always end up with a couple of tittles i never heard of.

Never said it had depth.

Parasite thread.

Please accept my Actraiser

Don't forget its sequel, Lennus II

there aren't nearly enough RPGs where I can be the magical girl, but as far as decent weeb RPGs go there's Ranma, Slayers, Tenchi Muyo, Villgust, etc..

Actual videogame thread.
Counter sage : )

Have some Uncharted Waters

Good. Penny is great.

That dialogue is crazy. It's a random guy asking you to suck poison out of his ass because he got bit by a viper lol.

Closest thing to a Berserk RPG imo
You play as a ninja and must kill Nobunaga in 20 years of game time. The game is kind of non linear and one of the routes straight up unleashes fantasy monsters in the world.

i really hate that spike McFang was so short

user, do you need a hug?

GO! GO! GADGET COCK!
I'm a little disappointed that the artist didn't draw his dick at the end of an accordion spring and coming out of his shoe or something.

He also specified not final fantasy or breath of fire :^)

bump

There are some pretty neat suggestions

SEEMS WE'VE RUN OUT OF SNES GAMES EH? WELL THEN GET ME SOME FUCKING OBSCURE GBA GAMES THEN YOU SODS

forgot my pic

The game never stops being weird.

Black Matrix Zero

Been a few years since I played it, but I remember it being decent.

Illusion of Giai and soul blazer using real world locations and geography for their bizarre fantasy setting made the game really disturbing for me.

It's like that series of sonic games where they were constantly working with the US government. It's just weird.

I meant Terranigma.
Soul blazer actually did really well with it's setting.

Which games? Sega canon has the series set on an alternate Earth, with no countries or landmasses matching ours.

If you like Romancing SaGa 3 there's still 1 and 2 (1 got localized/remade for the ps2, 2 is getting localized/remastered for the vita and currently exists for some reason on mobile), the Original Gameboy games (FF Legend 1-3 in the west) and 2 PS1 RPGs (SaGa Frontier 1 and 2)
There's also Unlimited Saga on the PS2 if you're feeling extra autistic

I see. I just knew Rouge and Shadow were frequently assigned missions by "The president" and The president's office looks a lot like the whitehouse.

At least in Naoto Oshima's version, the president was a cat.

Unlimited SaGa got shafted for the west. Since the game is actually a tabletop sim with a dickass GM, it came with a sizable rulebook in Japan explaining all the systems. In America we only got a dinky little travel brochure so you need to look up hours of tutorials on Youtube to figure out what the fuck is going on.

It doesn't help that the first game to give you a proper look at the world from space is Unleashed.

At this point we might as well go RPG Maker.

Blank Dream is worth bending the rules to post here.

Probably one game i didnt hear anybody talking about.

These two have fuckawesome OSTs. So does Treasure Hunter G.

Ask and you shall receive.

Well, that's not an RPG, so that's why.