#FE

Apologize, right now, SMTcucks.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/faCYk#selection-1313.44-1313.124
techraptor.net/content/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-review
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wow, it's better than mn9

I'm sure the ten people who own a Wii-U will love it.

Nobody wants that shit. Even J-pon shunned it. A few paid off critics changes nothing.

French shill and weeb central JV.com gave it 14/20. They normally rate JRPGS 17 and up.

Whatever you say mate

Someone post the "Fiah Emburem" webm.

fiya emburemu~

One super saiyan marth coming right up.

If you enjoyed the Warcraft movie then it must be the only movie you've ever seen. It does literally everything wrong.

Ah yes, thank you. The pain reminds me im alive.

You know Nintendo buys their reviews these days, user. It's okay.

you know i was actually gonna get it until it was censored then i said fuck it and just lost interest

An SJW "news" outlet gave a game censored by SJW treehouse employees a high score.

Colour me fucking surprised.

What pain user? Watching that only makes me laugh at the madness of Atlus bait-and-switching SMT and FE fans.

I never saw this coming, who could have predicted this?

why can atlus let this game have just english sub and japanese voices but not persona? IT'S NOT FAIR

We could have had a SRPG with demons and permadeath, with skills on the demons and weaknesses. It could have been the ultimate smt game. why does nintendo ruin everything?

Like you speak Japanese anyway. You just want the waifus and they will deliver, don't worry your little casual head about it.

They couldn't find a single person willing to sing FIYA EMBUREM

In a fucking burka.

I saw battle footage and if it's basically Purseowner with a few changes to comboing spells, I would have bought it. It's nice to turn my brain off and just play a game like Purseowner/Tales sometimes. I can't even enjoy this anymore without some faggot sticking their censorship in it now. And I know people who will buy it "just to see how bad it is". JUST

Stop being so entitled

archive.is/faCYk#selection-1313.44-1313.124

You can get closure with devil survivor, user.

Post your face when you lived long enough to see SMT and Fire emblem die

A dignified death is the best we could hope for now. I hope they fail hard and let the series rest in peace until Atlus decides to pull their heads out of their ass.

Maybe if Mighty Number 9 censored something, the cucked reviewers would have praised it.
Pic sort of related.

no 3ds

They were also on the DS user

Fuck you persona fags
YOU DESTROYED ALL OF THE JRPG GENRE

Listen op, you almost swayed me by telling me Polygon like it.

But unless Kotaku is onboard too and give it at least a 90% I can't play it. What if I get triggered? What if there's an attractive woman? What if I have rape flashbacks like in animal crossing (even though I've never been raped).

It's like you want me to get PTSD.

It's the easiest SMT game ever made.

I heard the 3ds ones were way better.

Is there source on this? If yes, I'd love to read it.

Guess we'll see if the censorship wins out and people actually buy this crap. Here's to hoping nobody listens to these tools.

That one was photoshopped.

Judging by those scores, I'd say the game is either extremely easy, or has no real game play. Game critics hate game play.

They are basically the same games, the 3ds versions have additional post-game content and voice acting.

lol

It's on Wii U. It's dead on arrival.

I always just assumed it was a real Kotaku article.

There's not really much difference between that and reality.

not even the fucking nips liked this shit, is nintendo sucking their dicks?
how much did the game scored in nipland?

Maybe ill emukate them. Thanks.

Shit. Thanks for the chuckle though.

Famitsu gave it a 34/40 in Nippon

It sold less than 10k i believe. Its that bad.

The game actually scored pretty well in Japan and even got an RPG of the Year award from some publications.

That didn't translate into more sales, though. It sold 32k the first week and then fell off the charts after that.

i think they game may not actually be all that bad but it's just not what the fans wanted

A reminder to you faggots that it rated really well in Japan too and didn't sell well regardless. Just because outlets are shilling a game doesn't mean word of mouth won't prevail or that people will care.

No, it's shit. It's slow, it's bloated, and it's incredibly easy. Every attack has a long animation that you can't skip and hitting an elemental weakness causes a chain of 7+ unskippable attacks in a row. Even the final boss has a weakness. The only challenge the game has is not shutting the system off out of boredom before you win.

Couple that with the ludicrous amounts of censorship and the franchises it's shitting on, and I'd say anyone who buys this trash is the cancer killing the industry. I'd rate #FE on the level of DmC, if not worse.

it was the only rpg in that year?

god bless

It's a straight up persona clone, so persona 4 fans will probably enjoy it.

and let's hope it also gets the DmC level of sales

I wouldn't even give it that. Because at least with DmC, there was the benefit of the doubt that newcomers could get something out of the gameplay, if nothing else. This game doesn't have that benefit. Its a game that will only appeal to the Persona loving faggots who eat this shit up.

Summary : While Tokyo Mirage Sessions is only going to appeal to a niche audience, it's a solid enough JRPG in its own right that it's worth checking out even if you're not a fan of either SMT or FE. However if you're in it for the story, you're likely to be disappointed.

That's still not as low as it deserves

Techraptor is trash. Nichegamer or gtfo.

Maybe 2/5 Maria Mint worked on it & the journo clique caught wind of that then decided to praise it?

Techraptor is mostly uncucked politically but their reviews are often lacking. Nichegamer is on the ball much more often.

so, a 9/10 to a jrpgcuck game is like a 3/10 to an actual game?

:^)

Nice can't wait to purchase.

Dont compare this garbage to actually good jrpgs. Just because you add the word cuck to everything doesnt make it true.

Weebs remain deluded and tasteless.

IGN are the only site I trust anymore, they are pretty neutral, Techraptor and Nichegamer pander to gamergate too much, they are too gamergate what kotaku are to the sjw.

Kill yourself shitstain.

(you)

Smt 3 was pretty good. And persona 1 is good too.

The JRPG genre had already been dead for a long time before Persona 4 came along pissed on it's corpse.

If you could put the blame on a single game, it would be Oblivion. By being simple enough for normalfags to understand, but without any weeb autism that most JRPGs had at the time, it caused them to fade out of popularity, leaving weebs as the genre's only audience. Persona 4 was the result of waifufags polluting the genre, not the cause of it.

Come to think of it, Oblivion sort of killed off (good)WRPGs as well. It really did ruin everything.

Kill yourself.

tip top kek

I'm sorry, wasn't this an SMT crossover?

Was

It's not such a hard concept to understand
The only time when they are worth listening to is when even they (usually the popular opinion) thinks a game is garbage (unless the game isn't garbage in cases like God Hand, but good games are rare or don't get reviewed nowadays)

Persona 1 is pretty bad mechanically, by level 23 you have have a team of persona's all spamming megidola at the start of each fight for little to no mp and have it all back by the next encounter and that'll carry you through the whole game.

Daily reminder that Mastema did nothing wrong.

Its "good". It sounds correct.

Kill yourself lawfag

It's photoshopped, but you can still get a laugh out of it.

It's gamespot, they probably don't realise that there are SMT/FE games other than Persona 4/Awakening.

No self respecting man would even imagine raping someone that looks like her

>It's slow, it's bloated, and it's incredibly easy

Adding the censorship to remove everything triggering, I can start to undersand why journos seem to like it.

Shitaku was so low at that time that it was harder to accept that this was shoped than to imagine them actually publishing something like that.

I imagine it if I've got a boner in a public place.

It was supposed to be from this vague trailer.

I'm sorry, "Oblivion is what killed of gook-made Wizardry clones." Is that better?

NO MARIE, NO BUY.

Is the the FE the Musical?

Every time I'm left speechless.

Persona 4 was hot garbage and Golden only made it worse.

Oblivion has jack shit to do with JRPGs.

kek.

I'm pretty sure an actual Fire Emblem musical would be better than this.

It wouldn't be as bad as making it about idols and adding popping fresh dialogue from the 90s like
And NoA's personal favorite

They're like the definition of that "How do you do fellow kids" picture

Remiel is best angel, Mastema a faggot

Overclock is shit and that extra day completely ruins the story. Feel ashamed casual.

What point between
>Swoll Navi Cringey looking Orcs
Just so much shit did you think
Nobody could spend just a minute to thumb though a wikipedia article on Warcraft I?

It is like they saw D&D and the Dungeon Seige movie and thought

Two Nukes Wasn't Enough

I know, though I'd argue we simply don't listen to them at all. But we know how these threads go. People who enjoy a game are quiet while the people who don't run over it. I ain't even trying to imply that Tokyo Mirage is somehow good (I'm not convinced it is). Just venting that I've seen this thread before and I'll see it again, even if it's about another game than this.

Most of the hate comes from them taking away a true SMTxFE crossover for this.

RPGs were a mistake

We get it, you don't like 4. Let's just go play SMT 1 again while we wait to see how fucked 5 will be.

NO MARIE, NO BUY.

I'm pretty sure any game that censors itself gets an automatic 9+.

I'm gonna watch some stream before doing any decisions

If ppl bought the game I dont really care ayy lmao

I'll apologize when you put down the fucking fork, you fatty.

It's a byproduct of ((localization)).

who puts that much mayo on their sandwich? Get it together, Subway.

you said the L word user

I put the coincidence echoes and everything. I am absolved of any blame.

Marie is only in it as a costume. But at least its the better Marie

woah, can't argue with quintuples

Shit, can't argue that. Pack up, boys. We're done.

You can get Vortek at lv18 with nukemore/megidola after grinding the persona level to 8. It's basically ogre after that.

Why get a game that was panned at first by fans because they(Nintendo) was so afraid of hurting "muh family image" they took shit out of the ainme animation and later from the game.

What I've seen of a review is quote courtesy of gamespot!

"Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, the long-awaited mashup between Shin Megami Tensei developer Atlus and the Fire Emblem creators at Intelligent Systems, occasionally feels a bit too ambitious for the amount of boxes it's trying to tick. It's the plot of an SMT game–demons invade from another realm and attempt to control our world–with Fire Emblem characters portraying said demons, veneered with the color palette of a Lisa Frank folder and a J-pop-centric story. The relationship-building and demon-recruiting elements of SMT and its spin-off Persona series are present, but the rest is unmistakably Fire Emblem: the weapon and skill upgrades system, mastering and changing classes, the rock-paper-scissors weapon triangle. It's not that there is an overwhelming amount of things you need to complete in Tokyo Mirage Sessions; other than the main story and a handful of side quests, there isn't much to explore. But the tasks it does ask you to accomplish are challenging (and silly) enough to hold your interest."

what I found interesting with the review she
Alexa Ray Corriea did not back up the statement about what most of is taken from Megami Tensei or the Spin off Persona.

"You can explore Central Shibuya on foot, but there are unfortunately few NPCs to interact with and you are stuck on the sidewalk, navigating the spaces between item shops. Tokyo Mirage Sessions uses the Wii U GamePad like a cell phone, where text messages from your companions will occasionally appear. Sometimes these texts will indicate a new side quest, where you can strengthen your relationship with your friends similar to the Social Link from the Persona games. Side stories typically involve some running around Shibuya with one companion, followed by brief dungeon time and a mini boss battle. These quests add depth to Tokyo Mirage Session's story, and give you additional chances to level up your Mirages and gear."

I'm not joking this is the Megami Tensei part of the review. But still the reviewer can't say what makes this a Megami Tensei game, it more or less a statement that they have taken the spin off series Persona and mixed that with FE.
The claim of being a Megami Tensei fan instead of lets be honest a spin off Persona fan, is really dishonest. Also to remind you Alexa Ray Corriea, knows what she is talking about!

"Alexa Ray Corriea is deeply familiar with the Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem series. She completed the campaign of Tokyo Mirage Sessions and many of its side quests for this review, with a copy provided by publisher Nintendo."

1/2

1/2
Yet she does not bring any what did they take form a Megami Tensei game other than a Persona game. I know its hard to confuse the original from the spin off.

But like many spin offs its part of the universe but not part of the mainline gameseries but it has elements from the series but changes it up to fit either story or gameplay. With Persona its more shit is almost going down and you are in High School. While mainline and other spin offs shit has gone down you are too late and you're fucked.

The theme of you are fucked made the spin off that did not become a series that was mistaken and often said as being 4 at first was "Strange Journey" only because it had the elements of a sequel. written all over it, it was a dungeon crawler had fuse demons getting demons but it was Science Fiction. But again the themes of being fucked has been in other Spin off series. The lighthearted "Devil Overclocked" series was also one of them.

So gameplay is the biggest denominator with the games overall, in a Shin Megami Tensei you and the demon's are a part of the party many of the spin offs have this mechanic. Persona the demon's are you're persona and they are more of summon. To make the distinction better think of 3 and 4 the popular ones are you are in school and can take on jobs and other activities as jobs so you can build upon the character stats and have more of a progress in the "dungeon crawl elements", but overall its story told simulation where whatever one does the ending always the same but with P4 you could fuck it up and the world has a thick fog but could always get the right answer to get to the true ending. while there are multiple ending in mainline games and some of the spin offs.

Like Catharine is its own spin off thing but only has the mechanics of moral and order so a bunch of endings with that game at-least. Also Vincent was in P3P in the pub so some took the game in the universe.

So my problem with this review the Alexa Ray Corriea does not say what is and what is not the Megami Tensei thing of the game. The only statement she knows about the series and describes Persona, but does not give specifics for a Megami Tensei game.
If a dungeon crawl and high school is the only thing then sure its a Megami Tensei game.

Basically the parts that are any amount of overlap were attributed to FE in an effort to pander to FEfags, since the game has basically nothing for them except waifufags from Awakening onwards.

Fuck off, Fire emblem has become even worse weeb trash than any SMT game. Even purse owner 3&4 aren't as bad as awakening and Fates.

I'll never forgive Awakening/Purseownerfags.

It might have been tolerable if they hadn't decided to go full Idol with it.
I can't fucking stand the singing bullshit.

so the reviewers are retards who don't know a thing about either series, OK

THIS IS YOUR PUNISHMENT

I took on the SMT part of the review because I could not find specifics other than Persona, and I believe that the SMT franchise has so much that one can't say its SMT in general as whole when in fact it all reminds me of. Persona the spin off series not SMT in general mainly because Persona has a specific thing that made the games good.

Like the job system to level up the character.
The dungeons where not overwhelming and it has likeable characters the story is also good in Persona 3 and 4. Again its the element of the world is almost fucked or taken over instead of the bleak its fucked element. Kinda how Catherine was also good because they took the basics of SMT moral system and the average guy going into a pub thing, it had humor and the supernatural stuff was just on top of the cake plus the multiple endings.
Even tough it was just a puzzle game but one could say its in the same universe because Vincent is in Persona 3 Portable.

Not saying Persona is bad at all.

never said anything of the Fire Emblem thing, I said this uses the spin off series of Persona or 3 and 4 to be more specific and I believe that when one uses the SMT in general. But describes Persona its dishonest.
And the she does not know what she is talking about when uses Persona as SMT overall.

Never said that Persona is cancer or bad, in fact I'm looking forward to Persona5 because it looks cool and it has awesome things like a talking cat.

when everyone recognizes SMT as persona nowadays why not make it a main series as well

I meant since the game is heavily based on Persona rather than FE for gameplay, it felt disingenuine of the reviewer to say 'Look at all these Fire Emblem mechanics!' When they already exist in other JRPGs, especially Persona. Really, if they wanted to make it darker, bring in permadeath and have the story change depending on who's alive at which points. Or heck, even just make them comatose but not usable. That would acknowledge one of the biggest stressors in FE at least.

The reviewers are people who've played Persona 4 and FE:A forward.
So of course they think the series are meant to be lighthearted and silly. Although FE, at least, has had some level of light heartedness in its game from at least FE7 on

Fire Emblem has never had this. You can either buy or Forge weapons. Never upgrade them. Skills are specific to a few games in the series and said skills are never upgradable.

So what the hell are they talking about?

Didn't play any persona game and don't know anything about it other than robot girl and ugly ass panda thing.

should I pirate?

I feel like this accurately describes a lot of devs/higher ups nowadays

Truly, this is how formerly great Japanese series die: by trying to pander to western normalfags.

Don't bother with them. They drag on for far too long

Meant to add Persona 3 & 4 on there

Sounds like the problem stems from them making a shit game to begin with. If it had been better then it wouldn't have failed in Japan. Pandering to the western prudes is bad but the devs fucked this one in the cradle.

As someone who enjoyed 3, I agree that if you're really bored when you're not in combat, skip 3 and 4. The emphasis is far less on combat, especially in 4, where you only need to spend one afternoon fighting to clear the dungeon before being forced to wait until scripted time for plot to progress. At least 3 tried to give you a reason to not just sit in the dungeon forever, even if it was ass.

You're one delusional faggot. Who the fuck do you think eats up compile heart/idea factory shit and pursowner/awakening? Sure as fuck isn't normalfags.

oh wow, I bet its a great game!

It's going to be nothing but visual novels and smart phone apps soon.

You disgust me.

2 NUKES FOR THE GOOKS

the conclusion in the polygon reviews reads like they love the game BECAUSE it was censored.

Fuck off.

Not a burger and you're clearly fucking underage if you think Japan hasn't been pumping out shit for at least a decade.

How fuck is burger culture the reason it's a shit game? Unless you think it's shit because of the censorship, that's the least of its problems.

Fucking saved. That pic is one of the many reason why I love Holla Forums so much for the most part when those guys on don't shit up other broads on Holla Forums other than there own broad
Also Off-Topic: In that Holla Forums pic, Who are the "Ethicscucks" in GG were they talking about? Reddit's KIA board and there GG E-celebs idols?

Burger, please. I can smell the cheeseburger grease coming off your shitposting. Your shit taste and puritan faggotry is slowly corrupting Japanese devs by buying censored trash and low quality games in bulk aND eNC our aging them to thonk self censorship aND westers pandering is what sells. Fuck off and die.

Good thing nobody was talking about ultra niche series that normalfags don't know about and don't even sell that well in the west then, isn't it? If you had read the thread instead of…whatever the fuck it was you were doing that let you do post that drivel, you'd know we were talking about the series with names even normalfags know.

It's only die hard weebs buying it and giving it hype reviews

you first, fatty

I think its of a bigger problem we are looking at.

1.The Japanese did not buy it for the simple reason it was a kids game to begin with. So the Fire Emblem fans did not get anything out of it and not to mention SMT fans did not get anything out of it either. SMT for all its worth are dark games, even Persona.

2.Treehouse and other translation companies are a parasite they overlook the western version of the translation, cut out stuff they see fit for "the western market" this serves as the Nintendo approved thing to do with Nintendo published games.

3, Japanese developers are only going after the cero rating in general for specific games. Except for some few that have contracts or if its WW release later. This serves as the other big problem, since a western puritan translation company can go inn and say it will not sell or its not culturally appropriate and so on.

4. the rating system in general is a problem in the markets especially CERO, its not to say the PEGI is any better the new Batman game got an 18 rating. But it still does not hinder sales or distribution. But for family friendly Nintendo of the west with its image they don't want to get the horrible 16 or worse 18 rating no matter what! So this serves as another problem. So if one thinks one has a huge family friendly image one really does not want to get the horrible ratings, even though there are exceptions to this like Project Zero 5, bayonetta and The Devil Third.

5. people still buy the games not matter what, from what I've heard of Fire Emblem awakening it has a major tonal difference within the Japanese and Western version of the same game. The more evident of this was the Project Zero game, where the Bikini thing was shown as scared and being alone, but because the game was an in-engine thing the extra models only messed with the game at-hand.
Kinda why I don't see Koei Tecmo doing more business if its not a zelda game, since they do release their game on Nintendo platforms either way, so they can say fuck the west with the Project Zero series. They already did it once also with the low sales of the game. It would not surprise me.

6. Excuses by Nintendo fans no matter what, I've heard em all. Like we better be thankful that we get this or that game in the west.
The best one I've heard was from Bravely Second: End Layer. where there is no bad ending you get the good ending so instead of go working for the good ending plus jrpgs are a grind to begin with so the excuse was, it was better for the game.

Its like taking away the Persona 4 ending where you could fuck up the hospital thing, send the wrong dude into the TV, get the fog ending so you take out that one. so one only gets the true ending Instead.

7. this has a ripple effect where some companies says fuck the west with their puritan values, they only like violence so why bother putting in extra work if we can make the same amount of money in the "Asian/Hong Kong market where they do poor but OK English translations to begin with, sometimes they don't do one except for a Mandarin/Cantonese.

8. the ripple effect could effect the Japanese market like with Star Ocean 5 because some games are bigger for just one market so instead of doing extra work for both versions even when they have to it, they could just do a cost effective method and not lose so much money in extra development for a game that might or might not sell more in the west.
Meaning self censorship.

this is what I personally believe its happening, SJWs created a ripple effect it went out and only the more hardcore companies don't budge but some of them do. Because they don't want bad PR or destroying their glass window. Kinda why I don't buy Nintendo published games to begin with.

tolerating it is how we ended up with shit like persona 4, then dancing all night came and now this

WE SHOULD HAVE KILLED IT BEFORE IT EVER HAD A CHANCE

The jump from 4 to DAN is huge though. Fucking rhythmfags wouldn't leave it alone though, so it sold well enough that they were okay with milking it.

As far as I understood it, the original endings were the equivalent of forcing you to play the game again to get the best ending, unlike Persona 4 where you can get the best ending on the first run. Shame they censored the brave bikinis.

Nothing i hate more than a self loathing burger. Either kill yourself or Make America Great Again you pathetic sack of shit

The jump still happened.
The transision and expectations of the audience changed.
If persona 5 takes a different route than 4 it will be a miracle.

unless you have proof how it can never happen again then my case still stands that Persona 4 waifushit, life fufillment simulator should not have happened.

But any die hard weeb would know that this is censored to hell and back, and that instead of buying a bastard child of idols, Persona, and FE they can just play those games.

Weeaboos and social justice warriors are cut from the same cloth, that's why they infest translation companies and weeaboo-centric sites like kotaku.

Really, if your argument is waifu simulator shouldn't have happened, at least properly identify the source as Persona 3. And of course any crazy jump can happen, especially when companies can cash out. The only way to avoid any and all jumps is to burn it all or kill yourself.

Only burger here is you, you shameful faggot. I don't blame you for trying to pretend you aren't one but you fool no one. Stop trying to dodge the responsibility your shit country has for shitting up everything from politics to entertainment worldwide. I look forward to the fall of your lard encrusted empire and putting you faggots against the wall along with your kike masters.

you're telling me there won't be a bait thread with some shmuck saying "I really like the game" and several others agreeing with him?

you're telling me there won't be some shmuck that won't post this game in a buyers remorse thread?

you're telling me there won't be a shmuck that won't praise this game in an unpopular opinions thread?

true

true. but there is a chance they won't pull this shit again if a game gets shit on by it's audience like it is now.

Go away, goon, nobody wants you.

both are shit series

Self loathing americans everyone. These are the kind of people who support europe and the americas getting flooded by terrorists

I don't think he's a burger. Maybe he's Swedish trying to make Americans look bad. It would explain why he's so fucked up.

Honest question: This game was panned in Japan, do you think it got good reviews here because journos are told SMT and Fire Emblem are "good" franchises? And that it's not hip to hate them?

Well duh, look at how sensible they are when they come to the US. They cover up all the underaged girls. Nevermind that they'd be legal in the majority of the US, cover them up! But let shitty pop stars go topless because fuck you!

I mean, Famitsu gave it a 34/40 apparently, so they thought it was alright too but it still flopped.

yes, but it gets faster.
I've played the game some few times over and over its like a speedrun at that point. When you want that true ending, in my opinion it makes you play it over and over. But if one is a buying every game guy, it can be unconvincing to play the game over again for the good ending.

But again, its a preference thing I guess, you either like the grind which I do if its good gameplay and more to it, it was the same thing with most games on ps1 and 2.
I know of someone that did not even finish SH3 which blows my mind because its not that hard.

Also if you did not know about the getting the good ending in persona 4 with the first run, and you felt like you fucked up, and it was a bad game. Some people would go trough the game again.

So don't see the point there, I did it. Don't feel ashamed to admit I've played that game allot. Its almost the same with me not really getting what was going on in SMT4. I played it for a long time, and I got the question of is it good and what is it about in the story.
I could only say the good part of the game but I could not say anything about the plotpoint of that dungeoncrawl. It was like amnesia of a whole game. I wish that was a joke but its not.

I don't want RPGs to be either of those things.

Don't feel bad, it's terribly mediocre. The battles go fast and the fusion searching is really nice but that's about it. The dungeons aren't thaf great, the story gets fucked, and the characters are somehow less memorable than even Nocturne's, who you only see like 4 times each.

I mean, I've put my 120 hours into P3P for multiple play throughs, but if that's because the whole journey was fun, rather than just trying to get a new ending. To each his own, I suppose.

I cannot to this day finish this fucking game. I get so bored every time.

Weird, I would expect polygon to hate this game for some stupid shit like the characters aren't covered enough.

That was Atlus localizing the game with oversight from Nintendo Treehouse. Also the game itself did not have what I would call the magical thing that Fire Emblem fans in Japan wanted or SMT fans wanted.

So they mixed some persona in it and slapped it as what it is now. Its nothing special really, it had a CERO A rating and the whole game was for kids more or less. To get you a reminder Fire Emblem and SMT games usually get a CERO C rating now that is 15 years and older.

So that is why I'm pissed at Nintendo of America and Europe because they piss in our faces. With the Teen rating, the games like Fire Emblem and other Nintendo published games that was made for young adults you might say.

So I don't know how the game could have survived in Japan, it has some a mix of characters from Awakening, Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light. Plus its a dungeon crawler but has the mix of Persona in it but the major fail is not having what was special about the both games to begin with.

So there is some demon thing going on, but there is also this weird idol thing going on. So whom where they targeting to begin with?

That game is like an amnesia to me, its not a joke even, I remember enjoying myself a little since its kinda easy. It gets harder into the half part of the game but its a weird crawl, but I can't wait for the next SMT4 version tough.

Its a dungeon crawler so some of the SMT games do have that effect, like first Persona for me had that effect the only thing I really liked about the first Persona was that gay song called School Days.

So if you are not used to the Dungeon Crawls you will get the effect of, going half way not finish it. Its not before several Dungeon Crawlers later you get the this is fun effect.

Except it still has all the main flaws from SMT4 except you can now choose your helper as opposed to it being RNG

These aren't the type of people attracted to Persona and modern FE. A friend of mine who usually only plays western games fell in love with Fire Emblem Fates. I doubt he would want this game, but if he saw that it was related to Fire Emblem he might be interested and impulse buy it.

Mind you, he never played a FE game before Fates. Or even a Tactical RPG. And he got into it from hype alone.

So it has the flawed systems and you can chose the helper. Is there anything out on the story? I've not really read so much into it, is it just edge for edginess sake or is it more of what one would expect of a SMT?
With multiple ending and all that jazz.

if you ignore the warcraft lore it's enjoyable

Oh right something stupid, bosses can now give themselves Smirk so you need to have the spell that removes it at all times or else suffer one turn wipes.
Story's the usual fare, nothing special from what I remember, my JP isn't the best though so I only got a general jist.

So, do you believe it as worth Atlus the money of making this instead of remaking/fixing SMT4?
because that is what I gathered from the interviews that they where asked to do the Original fixing and so on but they wanted rather to make its own thing in the smt4 universe or making extra lore to it.

Did you feel that it was a waste of money on this game or was it a good enough? I'm just wondering because I've not really looked into it like I've done to persona 5 where I did watch the trailer over and over again plus loving that little cat that is in Persona 5. It looks so dumb but at the same time its kinda cool.

I'd honestly say that Neither this or SMT4:F should have been made.
SMT4:F is basically just SMT4 with all the same problems and shortfalls,and any "redesign" they did wasn't in depth enough to make the game not mediocre.

OK, I'm just wondering. Started playing smt4 so I could see if the system is dull or if I can enjoy myself in this.
btw I'm thinking of buying the #FE to see how wrong they where on the general SMT feel of that game.

But at the same time, I would need to buy me some of the zelda remakes like windmaker and twilight princes. I kinda want to get a general feel on how they fucked up that game. I know already #FE is a kids game. And by the judging of how fast the reviews got, I would almost bet money its a fast and short dungeon crawler rpg or its really easy one.

Because I remember on gamespot they bitched about the conquest game of Fire Emblem If so there is something to think about. Since If I recall correctly it was not that hard, it was OK kinda usual difficulty but again I played the Japanese version of the game.

Also I put over 50 hours on awakening the Japanese version. So I'm curious, but the thing that is a son of a bitch is the whole buying the Japanese version or buying the shitty Nintendo Treehouse version. Because then I could get an accurate feel of the game, that these people call a good game.

So almost 400 pounds for 5 games and a wiiu, on amazon but I really don't want to waste money on it.
But it would be interesting to say the least because Dungeon crawlers know what works for them and what don't.

I would defend Shin Megami Tensei If and Soul Hacker even for some of the flaws they have, but they are really good games.

So making a review and then go back and forth with a real SMT game and that freak called #FE.

Is that a good or a bad idea?

Bad because you're buying a bad game "ironically".
Like don't buy things if you're going in to see how horrible they are.

I'm kinda just in the wonder stages of making an accurate review of a game but treating it as a dungeon crawler and then putting inn the good examples of what a dungeon crawler should be.

But again, its a bad idea.

but I did pre order the Zero Time Dilemma Vita version. But that's not really a dungeon crawl but a visual novel is there really anyother dungeon crawlers out there? that is worth the time and money on the 3ds?

implying its gonna even sell

Well, EO4 is good, EOU1 is good EOU2 is shit.
umm that's about it for dungeon crawlers on the 3ds.
The 3ds has good games though, but honestly if you don't think it's worth it don't do it.

It's the brilliance of being allowed to make your own purchases.

Stranger of Sword City is a fun dungeon crawler though and that just came out on PC so you can pirate it and try it before you buy it

This reminds me of when I watched stranger tides with my little brother. It was such a weak movie but he ate that shit right up.
Also blizzard drones aren't people.

Why make it a Warcraft movie then?

Polygon aren't usually the easy payoff type, like IGN or Gamespot, are they? I thought they were more the political agenda driven type of rag. If that's the case, what could they be up to in promoting a japanese game about female pop idols? Seems against their MO.

The Devs caved to SJW keyboard activism hard and repeatedly. Even the most sadistic and hateful slave trainer knows that capitulation should be met with positive reinforcement to cripple their bitch's ability to recover their resolve the next time they get heat.

I've only played some of the EO games they are alright, kinda weird imo but that's probably me just not getting it.

Implying Nintendo Treehouse is not full of keyboard activists that forces devs to do what they say, if they want to publish it in the west by Nintendo.

Its probably why DOAX3 is a never ever game here, because Tecmo Koei learned it the hard way when it came to Project Zero 5, its even their own IP, so technically they could have just stealth released it like they do with many of their other games.
But NOJ had put some money in it, like publishing it WW and marketing in Japan, dunno how much marketing they put into it in the west. I felt it was a stealth release like xenoblade.

But one thing is for certain NOA and NOE is thinking about something with the NX, because I don't see why bother with it all. If the NX does not have something that would hock/trick a family into buying that console.
And why they are so family friendly all of a sudden, and go full metal jacket on it.

I really want to see how bad

Just because you killed everyone due to your incompetence and got Yuzu's ending, doesn't mean you can justify your Mariefag level of shit taste

Even more reason to stay the fuck away. Also it reviewed well in Japan but sold like dogshit, I doubt it'll do much better in the west.

Tbh in your example the audience are fucking retarded normalfags who are incapable of seeing how shit the Warcraft movie is.

The movie is spitting on the grave of Warcraft 1 and 2, and even 3. It's basically "orcs wuz a gud boi, dindu nuffin" all movie, even though in the original Warcrafts they were bloodthirsty savages, and the humans were the good guys.

Their entire site was founded off of a giant investment from Microsoft.

I would not be surprised if they were the easy payoff type.

Kill me

Duck you awakening
You room away petting a feature I didnt want now you killed it

Nintendo tree house
They are the sjw part of Nintendo and they are the ones who are responsible for the censored aspects of fates and this

So who's killing Nintendo
Nintendo
Or NoA and Treehouse

as I said up here

No. The writing is poor, both thematically inconsistent, and for character and relationship development. The milestones characters reached with the others were utterly bizarre: Lothar suddenly being "proud" of Khadgar upon defeating Medivh, despite no scenes showing any meaningful role development of Lothar as a mentor character; there was initial hostility against him being a mage and snooping around, then begrudgingly taking him to see the king, the trip to Karazhan with sad stories being shared around to otherwise punctuate the complete lack of exposition, then Khadgar being thrown around and Lothar faking out helping him up- and from there, Khadgar jail breaks him, they go fuck up Medivh, and we arrive at the "I'm proud of you" moment. What? What? Without going into similar detail, Lothar and Garona's relationship development also lacked any weight, especially the clunky romantic tension scenes. I'd summarize by saying that these factors combine into a lack of chemistry between the Lothar/Khadgar/Garona trinity the movie is primarily concerned with.

The acting itself was likewise garbage, with the possible exception of Ben Foster's portrayal of Medivh, and if we are being extremely generous, Ben Schnetzer's Khadgar. Travis Fimmel seems ill-suited to any role besides "viking", and Dominic Cooper was also completely wrong for King Llane. Again, for brevity's sake, simply compare his acting to the mood and content set by an older representation of a Warcraft king, as in Webm related. Do not mistake this as a criticism for the nature of the response given by King Llane to the threat he was alerted to, but instead the tone- he did not come across as a King, but a limp-wristed nu-male (which the actor likely is) that I cannot imagine leading anyone. The cast also seemed fairly sparse, with any other characters who got a line never being developed at all. I actually burst out laughing during the scene when King Llane was leaving the city, at the number of non-CGI extras they managed to round up for it, contrasted with their glaring absence during nearly every other scene. I was also confused by the lack of context and backstory for the film, considering the run time was only just over 2 hours- they could have easily added another hour to it and fleshed out the stories and development much better, but to be honest, this solution would not work ojust by tacking it on; they'd need to drastically revise the cast and storyboard for it to be effective.

Onto the effects. The use of magic was both sparse and disappointing, the majority of it being essentially reduced to "the Force" style abilities, with the exceptions of the scene where Medivh uses the fel against the corrupted orcs, where he casts the lightning barrier between orc and human forces (that could have been used just to kill all the orcs, Medivh), and when he sets Khadgar's lecture notes on fire. The rest is throwing people around with mind powers and runic hand SFX, and portals (see: hyperdrive). Nothing inspired or recognizable, no frost novas, perhaps one PoM pyro if I remember correctly, and glaringly, no Light. You can see the cathedral in the panning shots of the city, yet there are no priests or paladins around, there isn't even a mention of them; it's warrior spam with 2 mages and a warlock, which to be fair, is an accurate representation of modern arena. The battles themselves were lackluster and clearly not informed at all, no, I would go further, contemptuous of any infantry tactics; I had dreamed of a decent battle with orcs warriors, their shamans and their siege weapons pitted against humans with a line of infantry out the front, led or pocked by paladins, some priests in the back, and a few mages casting from behind all that- instead we get such fare as the final scene, where disorganized humans charge into the orcs that have been decimating them in combat so far, oh but this time with guns, so it's okay. These sort of battles are easier to excuse in the games and CGI for them, as of course humans in these are of comparable size to the orcs, i.e. vastly larger and more muscular than any real actors.

The only redeeming features I could find was, as mentioned, Foster's performance as Medivh, and Schnetzer's Khadgar was also tolerable, technically impressive SFX though if topically underwhelming, and otherwise laughing at how much of a travesty it was with friends. Over a torrent of course; not a cent for Blizzard. For this I'll give it a 3/10.

Well, take a look at the retarded dialogue in Splatoon, which was a success. Expect this shit writing to happen more often.

Law (YHVH did nothing wrong) > Neutral (Indecisive betas) > Chaos (Edgelord tryhards)

At this point the only saving grace of that piece of shit is that it doesn't have her.

Nigga what? the game never gets harder again after you get to Tokyo. The entire game from that point is easy and it only gets easier.

If you did not tell me it was a shoop, I'd have no problem believing that is a genuine sheeeitaku article.

Kill yourself you mindless lawfag

I agree with this son of man.

Good.
Fuck both of those series.

Just came here to check those.

NO MARIE, NO BUY.

Fire emblem died after Thracia 776 and SMT died after nocturne

I was kind of okay with this right up until the singing started.

i don't know how can ANYONE stand this cringefest. not even japan was ready to buy that

Strange Journey was good though.

Nope. It just means I don't want either of your bullshit.

No Neutral represents both those who don't want either sides' bullshit and those who are indecisive. All three sides have their good and bad sides.

Gook made Wizardry clones are more popular than ever because of the moe packaging and weeb shit.

Most neutral routes are about eliminating providence rather than using it to shape the world

Neutral routes are simply about pissing off the highest amount of gods possible

Neutral is tantamount to wearing a wet copper armor on top of a mountain during a thunderstorm while yelling "ALL THE GODS ARE ASSHOLES". And then proceeding to fuck them up with a sharp stick.

Mastema did nothing wrong. Zelenin did everything wrong.

We must Nukem again.

What the actual fuck?

Lol such shit dialogue. WTF.

That wasn't Vincent, that was Man Drinking Alone. He has a mole. Vincent doesn't.

This is why I'm not a franchise cuck. Fuck Hype and fuck the people who attach themselves to a fanbase.

pic related

It's not to much about fanbase, it's more about knowing that there will never be a game like the ones you loved again

strike it while it's hot lads

So long as all of those problematic elements are removed it gets a good rating

If it sells well in the West, it IS the fault of fucking weebs. A focus on waifu trash is the jrpg equivalent of "muh cinematic experience" and weebs eat that shit up

Fuck dating sim/RPG hybrids as a whole

hey guys

game's still gonna sell like shit regardless of review

even japan rated it high

No amount of high scores and idolshit can make me forgive what they did to this game.

Get fucked, NoA.

agreed

I LOVE YOU RATTO