Hotline Miami 2 Level editor is live

They finally did it, after like two years

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/midnight-animal
devolverdigital.limitedrun.com/products/572298-hotline-miami-gamers-edition-low-stock
mega.nz/#F!IlMGybYY!_d91B5PsjIiXfEGhCuQXPQ
volafile.io/r/pAsOYp
mega.nz/#!1FxWAZgA!80mjXBLUN175Zu6aV573ZV1dOikYWfrrYjoScaVkQnE
mega.nz/#!8FpHmCyS!XvWuPBuKNNXwJr3W3yLvmfzuypkRzne2PSVptfIxjsI
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=678235230&searchtext=Wild Thing
mega.nz/#!9FpXnb4Y!Fu6hg90fkVBL7g7kM4BeLc76wG_Dto_-pSWavmG8-vs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No one cares anymore.

Too late.

more like

coldline miami

It's like real now?

No beta bullshit?

Why on earth did they take so long and why would anyone care anymore?

Hotline Miami is irrelevant, user. No one cares, man.

But now a fan can make HM3

So we will be finally able to recreate the crucial moment in which the strong and clever MPD Detective Manuel "Manny" Pardo captures and delivers to justice the dangerous and crafty foe The Miami Mutilator?

Maybe they can remake 2 with less windows.

(Cititation needed)

There is no fucking way it has been two years

What the fuck

Or make 2 and it not be shit.

had me worried for a second

It's already on Linux, user

God, I hope so. The Miami Mutilator's been so clever not even the dashing Manny Pardo could catch him, but the iron jaws of justice will clamp down on him soon enough.

Isn't removing windows and making the game not shit the same thing?

That's pretty good

Every time.

A fan is already making HM3.
moddb.com/mods/midnight-animal

Biker is fun and a straight upgrade compared to Melee characters, atleast the Dallas mask has the gimmick of being a swirling fury of a 200 pounds American lard crammed into 5 seconds of killing spree
Too bad level makers rarely use him (I like the small touch that the helmet can be rolled about by enemies when you are post-humous)

Too bad people rarely brought this up
IT'S ALL POINTLESS BRO is a shitty theme compared to the last game's theme being about your inner animals i think, I may be wrong about this

Anyone have the mega with all the user made levels?

Only casual asspussybois ever cared about this because they wanted to make the game eazier

The game was never about anything user, the whole point of the first game was the anti-thesis of pretentious indie bullshit

The dev's literal self inserts in the game told the player that it was a game and to stop being such a faggot about everything and just enjoy it for what it is

Is that really the theme of HM2? That sounds disappointing, especially with Richard being the spooky ghost now, and so many characters with no real point in the story. Thats like the bad Biker ending in HM1.

You mean the first one had a story?

Daily reminder

Is that Dizkodeath or Daniel Deluxe I'm hearing?

It wouldn't have become popular without the weird trance storyline. What you fail to grasp, is that good stories can be told with just a handful words.

Someone tell me the song please.

Dizkodeath.

Looked it up, it's Dizkodeath - Orchid. Appearently Gost and Perturbator did covers of it too.

Kinda defeats the whole point if the devs ended up shits out a very disappoint end story in their games anyways

I think the character were only there just to hammer down the message of 'utter pointlessness' even more in the game, thus why they all ended up dead even if sometimes it's due to outside consequence (which is a really shit way to go)

I like the whole conspiracy thing, and the way 50 Blessings presented (a hidden network of ultra-nationalist vigilantes killing the mafiya on daily basis, which I recall the mafiya had grips within the government) too bad the sequel killed the mystique of that
Also forgot the trippy stuff this user said here

Thanks m80.

Don't you need to use the owl mask to find all those letters to get the good ending for Biker where they explain everything?

All the owl mask does is make the letters easier to spot. You don't need to have it on to actually get the letters.

I'll ask again, anyone have the user-made levels?

The last proper level editor thread was months ago user, I don't think anyone here can't be bothered to dig up the mega links
i made one and I always wanted to share , but I'm away so yeah

That ship has sailed. Should have gotten it done before the hype train ran out of steam.

His swing timing seemed way harder to use against swarms, and the stab animation for heavies can fuck you over, much like the dogs.

Well I might as well make something to burn off some rust - someone give me two characters (I'll take fans as either one whole group or individual fans) and I'll make a campaign about them.

Make a campaign about the brave and virtuous Manuel "Manny" Pardo and his crusade against the ever elusive and cunning Miami Mutilator

Now user, having two of the most important and stunning people within Miami as the basis is certainly the start of a tale worthy of the ages, but perhaps we need a supporting cast member, maybe to act as a foil to the two most cunning, handsome and iconic figures in Miami?

It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I mean HM2 story is ridiculous. You are an autist for getting angry over it.

How about his crusade against 2-bit criminal scum like the fans or the son than?

Fuck you the story is done. The game doesn't need sequel after sequel forever.

Fuck the GOG version doesnt have the editor yet. WHAT THE FUCK GOG.

The Son and the Cop's chase against the dastardly mastermind the Miami Multilator works.

The series is over, man. I would honestly prefer if there was never another HLM game, because the ending to the second game just feels so final. All the characters from both the first and second game are dead, the US got nuked by Russia and WW3 probably broke out.
They clearly intended it to be an end to HLM.

I hope there never is another HM. I hate the obsession with sequels in this industry. There is no other industry as obsessed with sequels as the vg industry. Not even Hollywood is as bad with sequels. The vg industry is downright autistic about sequels for some fucking reason.

this. get hyp

he won't even be selling it. last time i read about it , it will be free.

Even if a fan makes it, it wont really be hm 3.

So who cares? It still looks fun and he's expanding on the game play in the first 2 with more varied weapons and mechanics

where's the torrent/mega link

Bitch please, Hollywod has always been on the prowl for a quick buck. It may not have been sequels, but instead there've always been (mostly shitty) remakes of foreign movies and the new reboot fare.

All because of the fucking financial crisis man.

It's all pointless now.

devolverdigital.limitedrun.com/products/572298-hotline-miami-gamers-edition-low-stock

Who cares

Sure do.
mega.nz/#F!IlMGybYY!_d91B5PsjIiXfEGhCuQXPQ
I've been REALLY lazy as far as updating it however, so don't expect anything new since last time.
Also a link to the volafile some used too, should it prove useful for sharing new levels.
volafile.io/r/pAsOYp

Share that shit, slut.

I suppose it won't have it because Workshop.
They fucked us over

Loved the first but never played the second. Is it worth 4$?

No

It's been more than a fucking year, took them long enough.

Yes, don't listen to casuals.

Yeah, I bought Hotline Miami 2, but my GoG account isn't working. Someone upload it.

it's worth free

Well shit.. I was actually just thinking about looking into a few custom levels.

Any recommendations?

Holy hell these fucking cuckchan summerfags need to fucking leave

when its this late it's a little tough to care

You first.

i dont remember that? how?

the janitors.

are you coming back user? I want updates

8ch has email protection you cuckold.

i want a campaing about the japanese yakuza

it says sage anyways

Fucking. This. Luckily, they gave us the option of complete denial and let us pretend HM2 is just a movie based on the events of the first game.

I can guarantee you Dennaton's next game will just be another Hotline Miami only it'll be a "spiritual successor" under a new title instead of a direct sequel. Or they'll never make another game ever again.

Lets give it a couple of days. GOG is always late on updates like this.

Because with video games, a sequel means recycling the mechanics and gameplay of a series.

it's not up to GOG. it's up to the developers

It is, his swing wind up is slower compared to his swing thus why it seemed slower
It's lightning fast, heck it's faster than the katana execution it's way better than the dog executions and the biker Instakills dogs

And please don't forget the 3 knives, anyone who uses them is a faggot, except when the level demands it, in that case the level maker Is the bigger faggot

I'm fucking away, if this thread is still up by Saturday then maybe I will share

It's still sucks either way, and there's not enough camp going for it to not be taken seriously anyway
This is correct
I'm not angry you faggot, I'm disappointed that the dev fucks the story over both by substance and execution

Kek
Enjoy not having the workshop fegit
i must say that the overall majority of level makers in the workshop are from reddit, however some of them are good and are in campaign form too

IT'S ALL POINTLESS BRO

Joke's on you, I will pirate the Steam version

But Hollywood movies do sometimes recycle the asset used in a movie for a sequel

literally you can just download straight from the workshop.

I have no reaction face.

It fucking sucks it got delayed indefinitely.

He's also retweeted from a bunch of liberals and pro-feminist posts.

Considering the politics of the dev, I'm not sure I want it to come out anymore.

I just want to buy it for the cassette tape, what do?

Try ebay or some other reseller.

does the gog version even have the level editor? I'm not seeing shit on my account

They screwed them over, just pirate the Steam version

nah, 2 was shit for a lot of other reasons

okay maybe just two other reasons that i can think of but still

Yeah just do this

Or, if you want to be a good goy you can buy it when it's on sale

Is it possible to recreate OFF in that editor?

I don't know but that's an awesome idea

>Pepper steak playing in the background I don't know if you are able to put in your own music.

Wait, if we're recreating RPG Maker games with this.

WE CAN MAKE OUR OWN FILE 2

YE YE
YE

alright here's my first try at the level editor
r8 / bully
mega.nz/#!1FxWAZgA!80mjXBLUN175Zu6aV573ZV1dOikYWfrrYjoScaVkQnE

these google-translated phrases at the end

How much can you tweak the game with this editor? I know it's possible to use custom art, but is it possible to modify the gameplay in meaningful ways?

Reading the plot synopsis the dev wrote, 50 Blessings has taken over America and become a corrupt totalitarian regime. I think you're also supposed to be fighting against them at the end. Honestly, when I read that 50B were supposed to be the bad guys, that should have been a warning sign right there.

Thought it was pretty good user, hope you make some more

Gave your level a shot. Went ahead and added it to the mega folder, as well.
The level design itself is decent, but I would remove the enemy that charges at you immediately on the second floor. I always find that sort of thing cheap and unneeded, especially when there's already a gun guy and a dog next to him up there. I'd also get rid of the windows in the starting hall of the third floor, and probably the dude that walks through the door one second in as well, but I'm not sure if that one is intentional or the random walk cycle being fucky.
Also, I had a weird ass visual glitch with the character sprite. It's supposed to be Richter, but while playing it cycled through his other sprites (masked, unmasked, prison), along with sprites of other characters poking in, and was always off-center too making it hard to judge his position. I'm sure this is just the level editor being stupid though.
lewd

I really want to use the level editor, but I can't fucking pan the camera for some reason. Middle mouse/X just locks the camera to the upper portion of the grid and I can't move it from there. All I can do right now is fuck around with one half of the map and test out the cutscene editor.

Kind of sucks because I sort of wanted to take the Soviet Soldier sprite replacement and make a campaign where you're with the Soviets taking over Honolulu, or some shit like that.

Any chance your resolution is set low? I found having the resolution at toaster-friendly levels makes the level editor impossible to use, so I have to change it to the highest one just for that.

Nope, resolution is set to 1920 x 1080. I thought it could have been an issue with resolution too, so I lowered it, try it in windowed mode just to make sure it wasn't because the mouse wasn't hitting the borders of the screen, and everything. Pretty much tried everything resolution-wise and no dice.

Huh. Beats me then, other than the level editor simply being ass like always.

So where is the editor for the GOG version.

oh sheez

Well shit, now I can't even practice much with cut-scenes since every single sprite I can pick from for a placeable character is just a black box instead. T-Thanks for the released level editor, Dennaton.

Shit I think that was the older version, the newer version has very little changes however. I find that that enemies cannot go through 1 square wide entrances, so thus why the front door gunner camps there and doesn't move (like an easier version of those Duck n Cover type of enemies)
Also making double doors is fucky as hell

Trying my luck on the Biker next, Hope it just werks

cmon you fags don't be shy, share your levels

Yes, it's still good. Not as good as the first, but still very good.

just exit and try again. Yea, the editor is still buggy as fuck. Also, save as often as possible, because god knows how often this thing crashes.

improved version
mega.nz/#!8FpHmCyS!XvWuPBuKNNXwJr3W3yLvmfzuypkRzne2PSVptfIxjsI

i'm also here to recommend this campaign
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=678235230&searchtext=Wild Thing
its a 3 level corey-only campaign, what i really like is that it makes her ability to dodge roll almost necessary to complete and get those S ranks
Also how to git gud at making these vhs covers?
34x57 is seriously small and i doubt ill make anything good with just a mouse. The campaign i just recommended has some nice covers that i envy so much

lmao GOG fags

volafile.io/r/pAsOYp
Uploaded some of my old levels, two finished, one not. I think they're good. get em while they're hot.

If you get a good picture and shrink it, it can turn out pretty well. Something with a lot of contrast.

Oh you can do that?
Well fuck me i should've thought about this, no wonder it's so fucking great compared to mapping the pixels one click at a time

Yeah man, have one for free. For fucks sake, I might have to get back into this.

i just tried python
Holy fucking shit do i hate those fat negroes holy shit
Anyways, the first floor is hard, with cramped corridors with windows and gunmen littering it. now i usually detest wide open levels but the thugs are really hard to deal with in those cramped spots and the shortage of shotguns to deal with them, so you really have to be conservative with the ammo and the timing of the shots (this is more important on the second floor though)

Second floor is better, i like the gimmick where you are immediately confronted with a thug so without a gun you're fucked ..EXCEPT there's a double barrel near the car, and there are 2 thugs you will meet after this so you have to be creative,but i advise on removing the window on the first room to somewhere else, since the cover is small and there are 2 patroling thugs with a shotgunner in tow, also you have to deal with a dozen mobsters. After that its just a wide space, you better blindshot with the shottie here since with so much mobster infesting it, a pellet or two will hit and adds up that swee,t sweet combo, just go crazy with the automatics in this part.

Third Floor is a breeze, just go in with an automatic and just waste everyone
ESPECIALLY THE NIGGERS

trying the mulcher after this

Seems fucking retarded, on the other hand if you're a freelance detective hired by the mafia to 'solve' these cases, it would make a better sense with you fighting the 50 Blessings

Holy shit.

i finally finished Mulcher (is this the unfinished one you said?, because it seems so)
First of all i like the way there is no floors (literally), its kinda neat when the background goes red when someone dies (including you)

OK lets get down to the level, i quickly found that the corridors are camped by gunmen and usually with fat guys around, the window placement is ok in this one but the way the enemies positioned forces you to bait them (i forgot to mention that you can only choose the Son's Dirty Hands style) thus making you have to get a grip on timing and rhythm of the combos and sometimes it just discourages reckless playstyle

Although i kinda like that the level doesn't force you down to one path and there are multiple entrances to start your carnage, each with their own gunmen that camps the door of course, although it seems that taking the right path is easier since it is less densely populated compared to taking the left

and thank fuck its just one floor

Python is my unfinished one, which is why the third floor setup is undercooked, in visuals and difficulty. I'm glad my faith in the first two floors was not misplaced, however.

This was my first one, which is why I chose a playstyle that has the least moving parts, and an aesthetic with almost no objects. It's a bit harsh though, I will agree. The one you're probably playing right now is the most polished.

Huh is that so? to me the mulcher felt the most incomplete with just 1 floor and not enough enemies

Anyways on to Full Tilt
this level is the anti-thesis of the Mulcher, with you being Mark instead of the Son (with Dirty Hands), so this level will be all around firearms, to accomodate this the level also features wide open spaces. Compared to the Mulcher, where it is a corridor camped hell, Full Tilt felt like a wide open plain with cattle for you to slaughter, so the difficulty in this one is very forgiving to say the least.

The first floor is easy, it will be obvious that it will need you to use alt fire mode of Mark's dual SMGs to waste the gangsters on both side of the windows, once you finished that (it can be tricky) continue the slaughter by picking up a gun of a dead mobster and just finish the rest

The second floor almost felt like it was lazy, just dozens of people to be shot at off-screen and too wide of a space that it gives you utter advantage. At the start you will also be given generous amount of guns to magdump onto the oncoming wave of enemies.The gimmick here is that there are dodgers, but there are only 6 of them and you can see them from a mile away so they're not really hard to dispatch

also you have a bugged level transition there friendo (don't worry i had the same problem too at first)

Just buy it you cheap nigger

do you know how to google you dumb cunt

Looks like there's something on Vola right now.

Daily reminder that it's all pointless and you're heading the wrong way.

t. not richard

What are you talking about, it's all been sequels, remakes and reboots for some time now, at least videogame sequels can turn out to be good.

What, are they planning to make it a paid mods thing or something?

Alright i finally made the biker level
mega.nz/#!9FpXnb4Y!Fu6hg90fkVBL7g7kM4BeLc76wG_Dto_-pSWavmG8-vs

R8 / Bully

i know there are anons who made some levels, cmon post it here

Downloading now user, I'll rate it in like 10 mins

fuckkk I just remembered I forgot to set the s rank score
It's 300000 btw

Well user…. I'll give you a C for effort, the arcitecture of the level itself is nice, and very involved, but the enemy placement is just cluttered and annoying, its less about fast paced risk taking and more just hoping the slashing animation is fast enough to kill the three guys running you all at once

Well, the biker is gimped at taking out swarms, but if you time your swings and back step before swing again it works for me
If I made it into tony or the son it would be easier to take out 3 guys at once

I understand that, its just sorta grating when every corner is a swarm of 3 guys, I never felt like I had a chance to use the throwing knives, seeing as everyone was so clumped together

I see
But to me it just felt easy killing a swarm of dudes, in fact the second level used to have more enemies but I replaced them with dogs and fat guys

Easy? sure, if you get the timing right, its just annoying most of the time, thats all, good potential but the execution was just a little bit off, I hope to play more user

smh tbh fam

Can a user tell me the story of HM? Sounds indradasding :DD

Honestly can't tell if ironic shitposter or just summer

Goddamn i hate summer, kill yourself.

kill yourself

so uh can a kind user update the mega folder with these newfound levels?