State of Decay thread

Decided to boot this up again recently. Runs like shit on my PC, but it's still fun. Lots of things are missing that would be cool though, like maybe being able to become bandits, co-op, human on human combat (tons of potential for excitement since the zombies would come running toward the gunshots.)

Also got a couple mods to mitigate the bullshit, like no running zombies outside of the special ones. So I'm curious what people think of it, what're you doing in the game if you have it, etc etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

kat.cr/usearch/state of decay/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's one of the best zombies games.

Hopefully SoD2 will be even better, but I'm not hoping.

I think i torrented it at some point, but i think it just crashed on start up and i didn't care enough to actually fix it
from what i could tell it looked like a decent enough zombie game

I just want a zombie game in the middle of a fully explorable manhattan with base building and door barricading and bridges between skyscrapers and people living offshore on boats and tankers. Is that too much to ask?
probably

You said it, Anonymous. State of Decay is my all-time favorite video game! It's by far the raddest open world zombie survival experience you can have!

Any city in chink land now has more sky scrapers than Manhattan. Also it has chink poon, which is far superior to Yank poon. Chink poon is tight, compliant, smells nice.

Yank poon is wider than the Grand Canyon, won't shut up about money, money, money, money, smells like a rotten cheeseburger.

Don't make this about east and west nigga

Nigger I want a zombie game that isn't shit, not women that complain all the time

This feels like some thinly veiled shill thread but it's too autistic to be, so far. SoD was fun, and there was a lot to do, I was just really disappointed with how small everything was in actual practice.

Actual city SoD with more gameplay mechanics when?

Don't worry, I'm not, the west can't even compete.

any opinion is now a shill

I personally gave the fuck up playing because I built a hospital/doctor who would never heal me, nor could I figure out how to make him heal me

So my survivors kept dying that I took out and I eventually stopped giving a fuck about the game

I guess you can't make a character in the second game neither?

I like characters not being essential, but I would like to make my own survivors to live in my settle.

Who the fuck still plays zombie games. Let me die.

The Lifeline dlc looked like it'd be that, but then it came out and they had that danger zone bullshit. As for shilling, I kinda knew people were gonna think that, but in small honesty I just felt like talking about the game with people. In all honesty, I really like the game but holy shit does it need more improvement. The driving needs some fixing and the game could reeeeeally use some better optimization, among other things.

WHY

One thing that really pissed me off is that your resourses get consumed while you're not playing. This is especially bad for meds because they're not renewable.

Another thing is that sarting out with few survivors is a pain in the ass and you can easily drive yourself into a corner where everyone is tired and your only choice is to turn off the game and wait for regen or use a trainer.

But you can.
What?

bad memory then. the shit you go out looting that keeps your base alive is limited

Another thing is the zombies, tying in to the fatigue and running out of people. I get they went for a challenging experience, but I fucking hate the fact these fuckers sprint full force at you. Don't get me started on bullshit hit boxes when they run, allowing them to take a good chunk of your health when they were a full foot away from you post-lunge.

Stealth is rarely a viable option, too. Most buildings won't conceal you and the only way to remain hidden is fucking bushes. Just one tiny little step and you have a here of the fuckers on you, especially if you use a car on any speed.

State of Decay is a game I want to love but can't help hating. It's got all the pieces of a good zombie game there but the basebuilding is tedious, resource gathering is tedious, inventory space is severely limited, cars have no fucking health, events are random and chaotic, and combat is janky as hell. I'll buy State of Decay 2 if Infected Labs somehow managed to polish up all of these glaring issues, and also make the game not run like absolute shit or have the world's worst shadows.

I actually really liked the game, but when the devs turned around and threw an improved version on the market demanding double the pay I never looked back.

Its meant to be "Realistic" yet all weapons have the durability of toothpicks

Just spells unfun to me

that's why i always used the club with nails. if you do the power attack finisher to every zombie it doesn't waste durability like normal attacks

anyone has a magnet for the YOSE of the game?

I loved it, but I'm never going to support Undead Labs after the shit they shit they pulled.
Undead Labs released the YOSE edition of State of Decay which had 1080p support and one bonus mission which normal SoD did not and will not have at more than what the original costed. Their reason was: "We would have loved to update the version everyone already paid for but it's too haaaaaard and it costs alot of moneyyy!" They then stopped selling the non-goty version of SoD on steam and rubbed their nipples harder.
The joke's on them because their game can't handle the 1080p and it's arguably running worse than the normal SoD. There have STILL been no updates to the goty version fixing anything AT ALL according to reviews on steam.

kat.cr/usearch/state of decay/
go to a fucking website some time

They had a lot of promise. It's sad, it's really sad, but fuck man I can't believe how hard they fell when it came to YOSE. I haven't seen a fall this hard since Bioware and Konami.

oh wow.

I had bought it a long time ago full price to support the devs.

Just discovered about this thanks to you … and indeed I have the idiot's version

post yfw u've been fucked by Undead Labs

iirc this game was step away from becoming abandonware. I remember very good when it was a 360 exclusive, then it vanished and then suddenly it's on steam without even basic mouse and keyboard support. I'm sure you can imagine that things weren't exactly alright at dev's side.

COINCIDENTALLY 2 of my grafix cards burned out while playing this game

not saying theres a connection, but the fact itself is remarcable

I want to fuck her.

One of the best zombie games, worth at least a playthrough. However, it's a typical example of the combination of devs getting bored of their own cool idea and wanting shekels, therefore milking the product too hard as a result.

Granted, they made some bad choices initially in the way they marketed/released the game, but making the fans pay for it through jew practices was the worst mistake.

Make sure to pirate this, though, if you're a fan of deep zombie games.

It was made by Undead Labs, small studio founded in 09 to make quote "zombie based games".
They partnered with Microsoft Studios because every other publisher wanted "World of Warcraft Clones".
Their first game (This) came out in 2013.
I first saw it because of that screaming 12 year old Rooster Teeth employed from Jersey.
I can't watch anything by Rooster Teeth any more because all I see are a bunch of corporate cocksucking Texas hipster faggots.
Got every achievement.
It is my definition of a "double A game".
With a bigger budget it would have looked better, but I have little doubt in my mind the gameplay would have suffered from higher corporate oversight.
I'm imagining a version of Saints Row centered zombies but I think that is already a thing and its called Dead Rising.

What are you talking about user? Stealth was my go-to early game back when I was into SoD. When your survivors are all noob and get their shit kicked in by groups of more than 2 zed you pretty much have to sneak. Makes looting take forever because quickloot is noisy as fuck, but it gets the job done.

Isn't that one of those unfinished Steam Greenberglight games with lots of glitches, poor animations and stock assets?

People keep funding such cancer?

It actually is one of the better zombie games, says more about zombie games than the game itself though

I just need a zombie game where I can make a custom character and then fight through massive hordes.
Will this help?

No.

All the characters are prebaked.

Try Project Zomboid for custom characters and a more hurrcore experience, though customization is gameplay-focused and the game doesn't have much in the way of cosmetics.

This game is fucking terrible. It's a shame how bad it is considering how much potential it had if only it was a fucking sandbox instead of a campaign. It would be infinitely better if it let you choose any building to turn into a base, and even better if it had procedural generated maps.

Basically, it's a shitty version of Fort Zombie.

I'm gonna post this here because I wanna share it and it's zombie related

I was just playing dayZ in mta san andreas for like 4 damn hours, kept getting something useful… then killed, and repeat. And there was not a single sight of a car in the game, I walked 4 fucking hours on foot and it was super boring.

And then when I was about to leave this happened to me, I got a backpack that allowed me to carry 80 things, I looted a shitload of crap, car parts (engines, tires, etc), weapons, suits. I was super afraid of anyone killing me and stealing all my shit.

AND THEN I found a fucking big armored vehicle, and I had all the parts to repair it. I was extraordinarily careful with it to not get shot or for me to get killed, whenever I stopped driving I stood in the car for a few seconds to look around… just to be sure. I went to like 5 small 'villages' and took a lot of shit, got full gas canisters and all that jazz.

After that out of fucking nowhere someone almost shot me in the head, and he was so damn close to me, I somehow got lucky and got in the car and drove the fuck out of there, my heart pumped fast because I did not want to lose my fucking zombie apocalypse van and a bag of 80 objects. I escaped… but I thought fuck that guy for scaring me, so I went back to try to roadkill him… and that was the biggest fucking mistake in the 5 hours I played.

THAT fucker had a truck (without the load) and a fucking buddy, one person say on the truck with a weapon aimed at me, one drove the truck. I was like what the fuck is this shit, an ambush? FUCK run away. The guys chased my van for like 20 minutes, up the hills, down, through the city, I simply wasn't fast enough to escape them. I even tried a u-turn to fool them, it was useless. At some point I simply crashed into some wired fences, and I did go back but one of the fuckers jumped off the truck and shoot my van while I was escaping, it caught fire and I died when it exploded.

That was some fucking mad max shit, you had no idea how much I was sweating during that chase because it was totally unexpected after like 4 hours of doing absolutely nothing, I lost all my fucking shit and my van ;_;

But yeah OP, I love State of Decay, it's one of those zombie games that is actually damn scary. I lose how you have to manage a group and they still do their own stuff anyway, and that makes huge problems for you. Especially at night….

Yeah, not gonna touch anything from them for this exact reason.

With the pisspoor performance the game has, I can see the connection.

They fixed that with the first expansion.