Game requires esoteric, easily missable bullshit to get the “good” ending

I felt like this with Resident Evil Rev 2. how the fuck was I supposed to know the cutscene was interactive, they were setting up Moira's death the whole game, I figured I was supposed to just watch the monster kill her… so i did.

If you don't want to complete the game more than once - it's a shit game, and you shouldn't bother with it anymore.
Just watch those endings on youtube.

I have never once wanted to replay a story based game
The idea of choices in a linear story adding replayability is bullshit

I'll give Undertale on a pass for that for sheer balls and the game kind of making a point out of it, given the whole premise is meant to be a critique on how save-and-load makes players immune from consequences of their mistakes, and how fucked up it'd be if someone actually did that.

But that shit only works once.

I ain't giving that piece of garbage a pass for a damn thing. I don't give a fuck about that pretentious bullshit, there's no excuse for this.

>"true ending" involves wiping yourself from history to save your futa boo
>it deletes your save file too
>you can never use the name you chose for the wiped file ever again

I really want NieR Automata to not suck.

what do you mean? miyazaki has an ending for all his films.

I wonder if Toby is just a pretentious idiot that created Undertale by accident or is he a pretty smart guy.

i hope to hell thats not the case in leifthraiser

Well, you get a prompt to switch to her in that scene.

Chrono Cross?

It's called stealing most of your story elements and character designs from Earthbound and Cave Story.

Eternal Darkness?

Dont know what you manginas are talking about, i always get the true endings on the first try even on the most crypt games. I remember laughing my ass off when i finished Silent Hill back then

You fags are probably just dumb murican goys that need waypoints and and huge letters telling what you to do

It's funny that nowadays game make sure they tell choices matter each second and they don't

>game has 37 whole unique endings!
hahaha, man time travel is such a fun game mechanic, thanks for recommending me such a great game

protip: KILLING PEOPLE IS BAD, YES, EVEN THOSE THAT WANT TO KILL YOU

in Metro you have to think more like Solid Snake than Strelok.

jesus christ, you people are dumb

what non user

now*

Hmm yes that would explain why I didn't get it. But doesn't the screen flash red every time you do something bad?

not for killing people.

It's not bad to have an inspiration. As flawed as Undertale was, it didn't feel like an Earthbound ripoff because it had a flavor of its own. Now, this is subjective, but I'd say he could have thought "I'll copy this bit because I like it" or "I'll copy this bit because it makes sense", not "I'll copy this bit because a very successful product did that and I want a piece of the action".

(Then again, Earthbound was not a huge commercial success or anything…)

is this cave story

careful you don't go against the party mentality too much there

Wait, what are you guys talking about? I played that game exactly once, didn't kill anything since that was what the game was SO OBVIOUSLY wanting you to do, and got the good ending. Then I never went for anything else, since just slogging through it once was bad enough in the first place, no way I'm trudging through all that again.

So you're saying that if you did kill everything and get the other ending, the game somehow makes an magic indestructible super save or something that permanently brands that PC as a "bad end" system? How would that even be possible?

That's a good example, but it's got nothing on the good ending of Valkyrie Profile. In Chrono Cross it's reasonably possible to figure out the right sequence for the fight with Time Devourer from in-game clues, though not exactly easy. But I have a hard time believing anybody figured out how to get the good ending of Valkyrie Profile on their own, the exact requirements for certain stats at certain plot points is never specified at all, and the stats themselves like Seal Value are confusing and fairly easy to ignore in the first place. It's nothing but very specific, unexplained requirements at key plot points and counter-intuitive choices, compared to Chrono Cross where the trickiest part is just that specific thing at the end boss battle. Which you can just re-do from the last save if you don't get it the first time, whereas VP requires replaying the whole game if you don't get it right.

Some of the "endings" were more than just two sentences though, it's not quite that bad.

Though personally, what with the time travel aspect and all, I'd say the game only really has one ending. Everything else is just alternate timelines that form the one real overall plot, which ultimately concludes with the one real ending.

Felt like that after my first game of Witcher 3. Didn't even have the will to live much less play through it again to get a decent ending for months afterward.

Yes,It's actually just a seperate files that isn't labeled as a save and is ignored by the uninstaller.
Also steam restores the file when you boot the game with it deleted
So if you are actually determined then you are indeed over consequence.Which is what user is talking about.

I've read that the reason this ending is hard to achieve is because of the different points you get for the conversations throughout the game. You have to exactly choose what answers you're going to give if you want the Neutral ending. It seems I was such an indecisive faggot that I aced it while playing blind.

It's not bad with coming up with your own original ideas and taking inspiration from previous ones. Everything you've stated is a little kid making a frankenstein monster.

I mean, it's not like Toby Fox wrote WD Gaster as a cop out to save his shitty writing and explanation of Sans "4th wall breaking self awareness"

Toby Fox is a hack because of his lazy writing and poor job at keeping a story held together with consistency. If it isn't sans self awareness or power, or the fact flowey had the potential to end you instantly.
Just fuck the Undertale Defence Force on Holla Forums

Hunted: The Demon's Forge?

MCTSGH

Why do people praise undertale's shit design choices anyway? Is it because it's 2deep4u?

Still doesnt make sense when there exist fanmade patches to remove it. It reminds me of that flash game One Chance and how pretentious the dev was for not adding a replay button.

FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE

Child raping shit. Fuck off.