Runaways Marvel is the best series out there

5min30 into the show I am already hooked.
Marvel series are just awesome (apart from Inhumans ofc)

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/in-a-slow-premiere-marvel-s-runaways-feels-like-degras-1820648118
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

oh boy, time to watch hulu take a dive. I hope they invested a lot in it.

That's been the absolute state of marvel comics for 2 years now.

toxic masculinity spotted.

You know it.

They are really talking about it, viewing it live right now.
The state of those sjw writers.
The fucking current year +2 amirite =^_^=

FTFY

In a slow premiere, Marvel’s Runaways feels like Degrassi meets Defenders
avclub.com/in-a-slow-premiere-marvel-s-runaways-feels-like-degras-1820648118

Not sure if I can get passed the first episode it is cringe as fuck.

Even Inhumans was better

This series looks like it targets milquetoast teens and soybetas.

Please tell me the one at the end isn't supposed to fucking be Molly.

Please tell me they didn't ruin the one character in that garbage book everyone likes.

I mean I can tell they did because the Asian chick is supposed to be hot and gothic.

So most of Holla Forums then? :p

sick burn fam

mmm

ofc first ep in an there is an attempted rape at a party with a passed-out girl.
Same thing happened in The Mist series but it was a full rape.

kek

discount misfits

Their smug faces make me want to beat them with a baseball bat.

Is the nigger in the middle a male or female?

yes

Why do teen characters for teen shows look like that?

aren't they breaking the 4th wall by posing for the camera?

immersion already ruined

As if capeshit couldn't get any worse. Now they've made Tumblr capeshit.

Why does the white guy look like a jock when he was originally more like a stoner.

Why does that bother you?

I dunno its just an odd departure that seems unnecessary.

What the hell is this shit? Where's the token retard? They need a downie in the cast.

nigger soyboy looks retarded alright

Taking the one cool character, and aging her up and turning her into a spic.

Runaways was created in 2003, and aside from changing Molly into a spic, the show has all the other races the same.

I'll summarize what I know of the comic version (which honestly I never much cared for) as I'm going to skip the show entirely. I see they've ruined Molly (the one character everyone liked) but other than that the characters look largely the same, so I'll summarize the comic plot and someone who's suffered through the show can tell me what's changed.

The comic is exactly what you'd expect, a good writer wrote the first volume, then Joss Whedon wrote some of it, then it was handed off to someone I forget the name of and the book ended up cancelled. It's basically the teens running around the Marvel U in designer clothes telling the adults they're stupid and fleeing their literally evil parents.

They're all the children of different kinds of super villains. Black kid is the son of gangsters, Molly (who was a cute little girl and is now an older mystery meat) is the daughter of mutants, blonde (she's a lesbian with rainbow powers) is the daughter of aliens, asian is the daughter of sorcerors, jock is the son of tech geniuses from the future, and I forget what the purple-haired girl's parents were.

Their parents planned to sacrifice one of them to gain greater powers, so they become *drumroll* Runaways. Black kid's a (ugh…) super genius because of course, Molly had psionically generated super strength that made her eyes glow purple which was cute since she was like 8. She was known for her assortment of cute hats and cheerful personality. The Asian chick was goth and carried "the staff of one" which let her use any spell she can think of once, and is powered by blood so she uses her period blood. Blonde girl is an alien who can fly with a rainbow trail and I think had like generic flying brick powers, blonde guy had a bunch of tech stuff like x-ray specs and "fistagons" which were metal gloves he could shoot fire from, and the purple haired girl in the comic is a sarcastic SJW with fluctuating weight who was always lecturing adult super heroes and had no powers of her own but could psychically control a raptor.

Black kid becomes a villain and is killed, he's replaced by the son of Ultron in the guise of a Hispanic kid. The purple haired girl dies next and wills control of the raptor to the blonde guy. Later they travel back in time and find a child bride with unexplained plant powers who they kidnap and make part of their team. She's thoroughly lectured for being disgusted when she discovers the nature of the space lesbian's relationship. See, she was supposed to marry this Skrull prince named Xavin, who is a super skrull, but she refused because she wasn't into guys. Skrulls are shapeshifters, so Xavin makes himself a woman to appease her. When the plant girl learns of this she calls them sinners, so Molly teaches her that she's a bigot.

After the book was cancelled, since she's a mutant Molly started popping up in X-Men books, the aliens went back to their planet I guess, no one cared about the plant girl or Chase and his dinosaur, and the Asian mage showed up again in this edgy book Marvel put out some years back called Avengers Arena where all the failed teen heroes from previous books were put together in a way that made no sense and forced to fight eachother to the death.

purple hair girls parents were time travellers.

They went totally backwards in the marketing of this, though. Molly was the only really popular character of the group, followed by the Asian chick. And was was popular about them respectively was that Molly was a cute little girl in cute hats and the Asian chick dressed in gothic lolita outfits.

For some reason I kind of miss that.

OP here thanks for the summary because I won't watch it again. The first three episodes were released the first day so I gave it a try and it was horrid and totally cringeworthy. It literally gave me cancer.
Stay away from this shitshow

Fuckin BASED multiculturalism! It's so cool how we're just like DIFFERENT and DIVERSE. I want to watch more shows that are INCLUSIVE and BASED.

Which one is it different or equal?
I'm confused