Mega Man/ Rock Man

Replaying Mega Man starting with 1.

Do normalfags still really have that much trouble with Yellow Devil? His deforming attack isnt even randomized. All you need to do is know how to shorthop.

I do.
When I was like 10 I could do it without getting hit once. Now I can't even come fucking close.
I wish I was as good at vidya as when I was a kid.

Anyway, it is undeniably one of the hardest bosses in the series. It's easy to dismiss it once you have already mastered it, but it's the only boss in the game that actually requires good reflexes and forces you to memorize the whole thing. Once the Yellow Devil is easy for you, pretty much everything else will be easy, with a few exceptions.

I am better now than I have ever been. Aren't most people like that?

No.
Most people have a ton of free time for vidya as kids, and get really good (especially when school is out for the summer). Regardless of how much time you have for vidya, you probably have less when you are also working for a living.

It's even worse if you're a stupid fucking faggot like me who gets married and has kids.

(satan pls)
I remember dying countless times to it, now if I pick it up I can get it almost immediately after a few tries, but I don't believe that's my skill getting better but rather the fact that I played it for hours and hours and that I memorized it so intensely that it somehow got ingrained in my brain, so I can't tell if it's really hard or just was hard back then.
However, I can tell you it's legit hard, there's a pattern but it's fast and erratic, and even if you can memorize it perfectly you need diamond sharp reflexes to dodge everything properly, beating it is really one of those things that makes you grow.

People get old and old people get worse at things, that's just a fact of life user.

The one incredibly, unjustifiably bullshit spot in Mega Man 1 is the gauntlet against Bomb Man, Fire Man, Ice Man and Gutsman just before the Wily Machine. If there's a way to come away from Fire Man without a single scratch, I havent heard of it.

Wily Machine is easy peasy when you get it into your head that you can shuck and jive most of Wily's shots by walking a step forward or backward every tick.

wow what a loser
bet she doesn't even play vidya

(holy checked)
I agree, when I was a kid I had more trouble with the yellow devil, but replaying it some years ago I was stumped more at the boss rush, fireman is a nigger.

also
WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS THREAD

Mother fucking so much this.

I was beating mother fucking the tower of druaga as a kid. I booted it back up and played a level and then thought "I don't get it."

I have no idea how I figured out puzzles and hidden secrets. These days I'd complain "there is no way to know that without a guide."

Apparently I can guide satellites through space when my younger self couldn't even turn in his homework on time. But now I stare at the games I used to beat as though they are complete gibberish.

On the plus side, a lot of games that I couldn't beat because I didn't know how to read yet are way easier now.

Wow how can you even videogame, I find myself running away from my social life a lot just to find time to play videogames and I just have a couple of friends and a gf.

you gf will become your wife

Well, shit. I guess being a NEET explains why I keep getting better. Or it would, if I played games more than when I used to have a life. I actually don't. I have so much goddamn energy that I can't play for too long. I have to move around.

I feel like I am getting younger when it comes to physical and mental abilities, even though my soul is just about ready to die.

Agreed, but that is not a specific boss, it's just bullshit.

This is the case for me too, but granted I'm still in my 20s and in college, there's a lot of people older than us, and I also play videogames whenever I can.

For some reason the opposite happened to me. I'm much better at games now, even those I used to play every time as a kid.
This is a "Got it the first try even after 10 years of not playing the game even once" kind of thing.

Yellow Devil's challenge mostly comes from his intimidation factor
once you've figured out that you only need to worry about his bottom 2 rows he's much easier. For that matter, you can use pretty much the same strategy when fighting Air Man

they had reused the Devil boss so much over Mega Man classic that by the time Rock Man & Forte/Mega Man & Bass came around they just made him the tutorial stage boss.

I did that pause glitch to kill the bosses, i mean come on who didn't?.

F A G G O T
A
G
G
O
T

I didn't because I wasn't gay.

*advantage

rubadubdub
thanks for the dub

Replaying games that I played as a kid is amazing. It feels great to be invincible. I just demolish everything.

Marathoning entire series is really damn fun too, even though I do it very rarely, since it can take so much time and dedication.

I-I mean I'm not

Well MM1 sucks anyways, i did complete MM3 and 9 last year.

You suck. YOU. MM1 is at worse just outdated compared to the sequels that upgraded pretty much everything, but it's still a nice game on it's own.

A-are you gay now?

He is here, so yes.

No I'm not

stop lying

Starting on Mega Man 2. Not ashamed to say its my favorite (ive known the folks on Holla Forums to get annoyed about people taking the most liking to MM2 since it has a lot of odd design choices).

Anyone know what the hell happened to Akira Kitamura after Cocoron and Little Samson? It really is too bad that he decided to pass the torch after MM2.

That's just because they don't know how to properly deal with it.