Why do you think it is that 8/v/ has nearly now console fanboy wars?

Why do you think it is that 8/v/ has nearly now console fanboy wars?
Any time I visit half Holla Forums a 3rd of the threads are fanboy dick sucking and waring.
How have we avoided this?

I'm trying to work out what words are missing from this sentence and drawing blanks.

Change now to no.

I go every now and then to see if it has gotten any better. It hasn't.

It's not as if we're somehow "better", if that's what you want to circlejerk about.

I never said that user.
I was wondering why we have less fanboys or more quite ones.

There, I fixed it.

And it's probably because halfchan is filled with retarded children who actually want to BUY one of the next gen consoles.
They don't look at the selection and see 3 awful pieces of garbage that make them want a new hobby.
They see "my shit" and "those fuckers".

8/v/ is too busy with pseudo-intellectual political bullshit to bother about video games, and video game talks usually turn to popular opinions about hating on some dev team or some game.

Pretty low risk of conflict

fam, what?

The drive of improving ourselves over halfchan led us to ostracize consolewarfaggotry and consolewarfaggotry threads being banned, though that's about the only improvement

This.

Who wants to fight over a pile of shit?

now i get it. Its because here people are too busy talking about other types of stupid shit, not videogames but other shit like identity politics.

Because every consolewar thread gets shat on and spammed up every time they start. Consolewars are not welcome here and all the faggots who like those threads stayed on halfchan because more users = more replies.

E3 had a shitton of Nintentoddler and Sonygger console war shittery though.
Sonyggers are still an obnoxious bunch here.

The improvement was not having hotpockets who prick and preen every single post they don't like out of every thread.
Halfchan discussions are like swiss cheese.

Even at the first exodus, I really did not believe we had an improvement in contributor quality.
But I was very happy with the new rules and moderation.

The rules took a few hits, unfortunately.
But the mods seem fairly lax and don't take things to the hot-pocket extreme.

At least it hasn't reached the point where half-chan was pre-exodus, where the community went around banning one thing, then another, then another.
Where as long as people spammed, shitposted, and bitched enough about any subject, they could get it banned.

Remember how back then people on Holla Forums agreed on how we wouldn't have a lot of console wars after iwata's death.
Remember when Mark was supposed to black out Holla Forums for iwata's death and it only lasted about 2 hours at most.
Remember when Mark asked for to get paid for running Holla Forums?
Remember when Mark denounced certain groups of people on Holla Forums because they are supposedly "SA", "goons", "/fem/","/svidya", or "Holla Forums".
Remember when Mark filtered and censored specific things just because they disagree with his views or because they hurt his feelings.
Remember how Mark has like 10 hotpockets.

face it isn't 2013 anymore goy. it'll never be 2013 8/v/ or 2014 ever again. 8ch is cancer and will continue to be. It'll only grow more and more tumorous.

There's still plenty of console fanboy idiots here, you must be catching the place at good times.

They're just not as loud because we don't have anywhere near the amount of children here as 4chan does

I heavily disagree
Which have contributed to the massive low quality in the last few months
We are going there and fast

delete your account

I think people came to complain about Holla Forums and 4/v/ and not Mark, contain your autism

If you want to say Holla Forums and Mark are inseparable now then I invite you to go to 4/v/ which is objectively of higher quality due to the lack of Mark

That age is almost forgotten now

It sounds like you WANT to be halfchan.
Where autists who raise a shitstorm get appeased and have everything banned that they want.

I thought you might have been slightly competent to realize that Mark divided a lot of Holla Forums because of his actions. He ruined and fucked up a lot of Holla Forums and only apologists and drones will defend him.

This non caring attitude shows just how many cuckchan faggots migrated here.

Youll never appease everyone.

Make a dedicated thread to whinge about Mark because I don't fucking care, there's been a bigger division over Mark himself than any spergout he's had or anything he's done with the board

The whole fucking point of coming here was to get away from mods who ban anything people bitch about.

People were bitching about the constant discussion of the five guys scandal and halfchan mods banned it like they do for every subject anyone makes a stink about.

The point wasn't to get away from the users, it was to get away from stupid mods who constantly ban everything trying to control the drama.

Why are there so many shit meta threads tonight?

implying he just won't ban anyone who discusses his shitty actions. He's done it multiple times.

true, but that doesn't change the fact that some of his actions led to different boards and a very divided community.

No, of course not, but running an anarchy in which there's no bar to check who's in and what happens will inevitably end up in a mess, moderation, and a strict one at that, is a must at certain moments to give an example
This place is still not as bad as Halfchan, that's tough to match, but we are certainly not as good as before
The reasons at hand are not entirely on the newfags/summerfags, the old userbase has run out of motivation to "behave" or contribute, because there's no games whatsoever and there's no reason to make this place better when there's literal kids running amok shitposting for fun

How can you fix that without a fast, very heavy hammerban?

Because everyone's too busy screaming at SJWs/jews/goons/leftypol/pol to have console wars.
This place used to be chill as fuck, why'd it become a political battleground all of a sudden?

The only way to fix that without just banning whatever makes people upset is simple.

Abandon anonymous discussion and allow users to build trusting relationships with well-meaning regulars, and more easily ostracize trouble-makers.

That is the only way you can ever have a good userbase.
I'd rather not worry about having a good userbase.

2nd exodus from Holla Forums happened.

Holla Forums was already here from the beginning, politics were ALWAYS discussed, and the real mess started at December when their mess already had happened but we got the Freddit incident

u wot
That's an odd thing to say, that's the whole point of having a good site and all
You are talking about making an actual forum?

He's saying how quality control can only be properly enacted in an user-based forum, but that he'd rather prefer the freedom of an anonymous imageboard.

The difference was 2nd exodus increased Holla Forumss size by 2 and the new Holla Forums posters were right from half chan and didn't care about the entire reason people went to Holla Forums to begin with. They shat up Holla Forums then shat up Holla Forums.

Like I already said, the "point of having a good site" is not having the mods turn every thread into swiss cheese and banning every subject at the peak of it's popularity.

The users are just as bad and will influence the board user.
New and normalfaggotry helped kill halfchan user.
They are either assimilated to the boards rules and culture or they have to go back, thats how it goes for every community (until progressives and bitter cunts ruin it and take over of course).

Nigger, shit like /svidya/ was created by Boon cocksuckers since they couldnt hold their fucking nostalgiafagging and denial over MKX which was shitposted to every thread and for good reason.
Mark has done a lot of stupid shit and shouldnt be a fucking role model for anyone, but hes decent and does his job most of the time, thats all I fucking need from him, I dont give two shits anout the drama at /meta/.

hownew.ru

Are you the faggot spamming template threads?

I don't know about that.

here is your answer.

Halfchan has already gone down your path for years, and it leads to having a site infested with sensitive naive children.

I am not "the faggot spamming template threads" but it sounds like you are the bitch who whines "template thread" everywhere.

"Bad Users" is something you can deal with yourself by avoiding subjects and productions with shitty fanbases.
You don't need the fucking staff to ban every thread you don't want to click on. Just don't click on them.

No one can do anything about full-retard hot-pocketers banning everything. And that's why you're fucking stupid.

Tell me about all the one time fuckups he did that made you angry and the replies you didnt like from him.
Stop treating him like a fucking role model, hes no better than any of us here.

Then make a fucking /mark/ board or something and shill it every now and again so you've got an entire place to whine about Mark

Then probably come back and whine there's 3 unique posters on the entire board

Fuckoff goon

The freedom of an anonymous imageboard without worrying about the userbase?
I might understand the meaning, but it's unsustainable at medium/large scale, and it has been proven time and time again

I browsed Holla Forums constantly, and you are spot-on BUT i feel from what've seen that the second exodus brought something else, i dont know what happened back there but the new users had a bunch that were very radical in terms of discussing things
We are talking about literal stormfront-like individuals that were very obscure on the old site but became a prominent figure in our place
I don't know where they came from, but it's not the normal Holla Forums user, those guys are total cunts who never develop a discussion (polar to the pol philosophy of searching all info and discuss it ala /new/) and only mind to repeat the same things over and over, along with spamming pepe and other bizarre memes
Truly a cancer, they get a pass because of election year in America, but who knows what they will do later

OK, i get your point now, but the swiss cheese from mods banning people (the holes in the cheese i believe from your point) becomes a swiss cheese from mountains of shitposts and badly-timed memespouting (in which the holes are actually the few sane posters who are trying to move the discussion)
I know all posts can't be quality posts, but a 200 post thread with only 10 good/proper posts is absurd
A good userbase is needed, and the slapping of trouble-makers is a must to form them

How fucking retarded can you get, that's not at all why /sv/ was created, and in fact it predates your statement
It was basically a heavily moderated Holla Forums that wanted wall of texts/contributions in every post
It failed because mods were asleep and ironically few users are capable of posting wall of texts or contributing decent content, so it ended up in a temporal small scale pseudo-/vg/ but about any topic

I came here around when the GG threads on Holla Forums were being deleted, so new enough.

I was never a Libertarian but it amazed me that Libertarians got kicked out of Holla Forums, something I would never expect since Holla Forums used to be majority Libertarian.

I buy most consoles, so I can buy whatever game I want, but why should I give a fuck if someone shits on them or prefers something else? I'll buy games I like, but I buy them for me. Not to convince other people to do it. Maybe other people buy stock in videogame companies or want to justify their purchase or something.

Hhhmm I was sure it created due to a faggot that wanted discussion of MKX with no shitposting.
I remember it being heavily shilled in those threads like there was no tomorrow though.

You're settling for an inferior deal and you deserve to be laughed at.
If you bought an 8th Gen you deserve all the scrutiny and criticism that comes your way.

Just like Holla Forums was shilled in 4chan
It was because at that moment there was a fair discontent at Mark for being a shit BO (back when he used to post more, more often) that was IMHO justified
It was later retaken to another goal that was practically "Holla Forums but good", at that moment i lost hope because with no stong points you can't move a population, especially when Mark went shoah-panic and counter shilled it as some kind of goon operation when it was just a bunch of users being mad at him being a filthy jew, and many people here ate it up unfortunately

Memes, they are still libertarian at some degree but they refuse that label for some reason i don't remember, i wasn't there, but the new guys do whatever in their means to stop it, they are truly cancer and i said it as a longtime natsoc fan and /new/ vet, they are scum
Ron Paul is villyfied nowadays too, i get Rand Paul for being a jew manlet cuck, but Ron never did anything wrong other than being passive and supporting his own son even when reluctanly
Ironically i dont remember him trash talking Trump and even the latter is taking many of his points nowadays from Paul's past campaigns, it's bizarre the newfound dislike from Uncle Doomsday

*for Uncle Doomsday
Also i have to add to this discussion that Holla Forums user numbers have actually been fairly the same since the beginning, making these mood swings over the years more interesting, a Reddit invasion might have happened but in a not so large scale (500 users top) without counting exodus users who probably went away after a few months