Dieselpunk

Anybody know games of this genre in particular?

Bioshock, Fallout saga, Metal Slug

Go watch THE ELEMENT OF CRIME

meme genre for larpfags. kys

It's actually atompunk.

what does the -punk add? does it just mean it's extra edgy?

Fossil fuels don't exist in Fallout's canon. They burned them all and ran out in the early 21st century. Everything runs on miniaturized nuclear reactors.

I really have no clue. It's just an easy way to describe and specific setting and technology basis I guess.

Bethesda Fallout was about atomic science or whatever.

fag please it is
jet age

Does this count? I really don't know what dieselpunk is suposed to be besides futuristic 40s-60s era tech

It implies a dystopic world.

meant for

Isn't that just reality?

Fossil Fuels do exist in fallout's cannon, where the fuck do you think the Enclave's base is located in Fallout 2. Also most of the world's energy hadn't yet been converted to nuclear which is why the great war even happened. It was a war over oil

We are about to be in a jewpunk reality

I was going to post just this. It was a pretty good RTS, from what I recall, although the breakpoint is a rather inane 'what if Hitler died early' plot that magically brings about more effective leadership and accelerates German R&D, rather than fragmenting the former and not necessarily affecting the latter. The short war conception really made the Germans lag behind their potential, and if they'd had the prescience to recognize the potential if not the likelyhood of a total war, you'd get scads of breakpoints.

Beside that, I suppose Valkyria is dieselpunk, although it's animu and relatively light on the punk aspect from my vague familiarity with it.

-punk is latin for "bad"

You just named all of them dumb ass.

I'm talking about the actual games, not the backstory. Of course oil existed at some point, but it's not used in-game at all. Everything runs on atomic energy, therefore atompunk.

Depending who you talk to, Wolfenstein might count. Other than that there's unfortunately not much in the way of Dieselpunk video games. You'd have more luck with tabletop stuff, like Dust Tactics/Dust Warfare.

Cancer.

Necrovision is 'WW1 german engineers made a pact with satan' punk. It's kind of similar to dieselpunk, I think.

Dieselpunk is any piece of retrofuturistic fiction that focuses on diesel-based technology from the early 20th century. Steampunk is the same but focuses instead on steam-based tech from the late 19th century.

so yea, that counts.

That's all that comes to mind.

Metal slug is diesel punk?

Holy shit, I've never noticed it.

Is The Flintstones rockpunk?

Fossil fuel are only used for plastic and silicone in Fallout's America. They're rare materials, only used for medical and military purposes, like anti rad, blood bags, and T-51b power armors. That's why T-51b's are expensive to produce and T-60b resembles T-45d more than T-51b despite being more advanced. Both T-60b and T-45d are entirely made out of metal to reduce cost.

Iron Brigade
Iron Grip series
Greed Corp
Gatling Gears
Factorio