Global Agenda is empty, let's call it ours

WHAT IS GLOBAL AGENDA?

Global Agenda is a online game by Hi-Rez (same devs from Tribes: Ascent and SMITE). It has a lot of different types of game modes (Co-Op Missions, Arena PVP, Raiding, Guild Wars and even a little of open world) in which you take one of the 4 Classes (Medic, Assault, Robotics or Recon) to team up with other people and try to overcome the challenges the game gives you.

WHAT ABOUT THE PAY TO WIN?

Global Agenda is in a kinda funny spot in that regard in that Hi-Rez gave up on the game, the game does have cash, but you can't get cash anymore, so there is not way to pay to win in the game, unless you have cash from before the game got dropped

WAIT, IF THE GAME GOT DROPPED, HOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO PLAY IT?

Again, Global Agenda is in a strange place concerning all this, because even though Hi-Rez doesn't support it, they keep the servers alive. I just logged in and i was the only living soul in it, so the servers are definitively live for some reason, even though the game kinda got erased from Hi-Rez mind.

OKAY, SO, HOW DO I DOWNLOAD IT?

Downloading Global Agenda is like black magic, no one really knows a surefire way, but they just keep coming with new ways to install it:

> Some say that you can install Global Agenda via the Tribes: Ascend installer (tribesascend.com/), when you run the installer you can choose if you want to install Tribes, SMITE, and it seems Global Agenda is still there too, so you can just select it and install the game, do note that even if you install GA, the SMITE logo will appear above the launcher.
some say this method doesn't work for them.

again, this method seems to not work for everyone

some people on the forums say this was "fixed", but some say it still works.

If you are a steam user try to get the steam version of it first, as it is way easier to just have it there (it has a somewhat less broken launch window too). If you don't use steam, the hi-rez installer on the tribes page is your best bet.

I think this covers about everything, My ID on-game is Kesvalk, let's try to do some missions together, will probably be on right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/3gnogx
poal.me/fqctou
globalagenda.wikia.com/wiki/Chatbox_and_/emotes
pastebin.com/ZRaMV9DH
pastebin.com/xefq8ebF
steamcommunity.com/groups/bigguysGA
status.hirezstudios.com/
bettergaming103.blogspot.ca/2010/10/global-agenda-tweak-guide.html?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

mmmmm

that's one piece of good design right there.

NEW INFO
As i just discovered, Hi-Rez actually gave out a free 100k cash to every single global agenda account because the support for the cash shop was finished

so if you make your account, and there isn't 100k Agenda points in there, make a ticked on Hi-Rez support page asking for the 100k give away.

that way you will be able to get the dyes, elite status (for 2x or 3x XP and rewards) and be able to change appearance/hair of your char.

I'll see about getting it installed tomorrow, too late and I have Dishonored GOTY Edition as well as FaceRig torrenting.
If this idea gets enough interest, we could do a game night with it this Friday.

that would be awesome.

the sold it? wouldn't that be incredibly stupid?

they also have a new game, called paladins, it looks like shit.

It's a pretty decent game actually. Glad Hirez is still sticking to making waifubait characters instead of caving to the SJWs.

Don't let this thread die nerds, I'm definitely interested in getting in on this autism when I get back from work tomorrow.

Oh man this game was great, but I thought Low-Rez decided to remove it from their website?

Poison medics best class or best class?

Also I thought Paladins is what came out instead of a Global Agenda 2.

I'm definitely on board, just keep this thing up till tomorrow when I'm done with my courses and I'll get on it.

This isn't going to be like that one time "everyone" wanted to play Renegade X, Tribes Vengeance or whatever else, right?

fuck those female characters are much more attractive than I remember them being.

Smite's okay, it's just way too attached to being a moba than a third person game like MNC and that's why I feel it's not as good as it should be. Also if I recall correctly the balance was horrible last I played.

Never played it once, but I'm interested in trying. The steamlink method didn't work, so I'm gonna try the external. I'm assuming the external is going to need a separate account for HiRez's shit?

they actually the removed the game, but the servers are still up.

we need at least 4 people on, to start making missions and leveling up and shit, i don't even remember how to make a guild, but we probably should make one.

I'll hop on later this afternoon EST
I need some rest

DON'T LET THIS THREAD DIE

fucking formatting I only pressed enter once, not twice.

Here's something we all should know, last I recall of GA that it uses a queue system that depends on what kinds of classes are currently availble. So if everyone queues up as assault, or (the way it was after f2P) recons, the queues will take long, I mean 20 minutes long, to actually get into the match. Now I'm not sure how large PvP matches were(it's either 16v16 or 20v20, I'm not sure which)

Wait, are we doing PvE and not PvE? PvE was pretty tedious from what I remember

that actually depends of how many people we have. low numbers PvP was also pretty tedious, my plan is that we populate it as much as we can, so the people that want to play PvE can play it, and the ones that want to PvP will also have enough players to do it.

i am a Co-Op oriented guy, so i would prefer the Co-Op missions, but i don't mind PvPing too.

there are also the raids that give higher grade equips that we can if we get a good number of players in.

Aigth downloading, don't let this thread die maybe we can get something up

I'll be honest I only played the PvP content and the PvE content up until the Max security level. Never bothered with those open world stuff(because they were god awful), raids or anything. But I guess I could give those a shot

Yeah, I'm more of a co-op man myself. PvP tends to be filled with sweaty tryhards who spam lenny faces anyway.

I've never played this game to be honest. Can someone who played before give me the run down on class balance?

I was actually talking about Paladins

nah, i am talking about the Co-Op missions, the open world is more of a single player/tutorial thing.

also Max Security gives some exclusive rewards if i remember correctly, and i dunno, i liked the bosses.

atleast I'm getting use out of my external 1tb hard drive now

Assault: Basically your blow shit up class that will be doing one half of most of the damage. Usually uses rocket launchers or miniguns, to be honest I haven't played this class much but it uses shields for its abilities
Robotics: Sentries and turrets, and shotguns. Pretty fun class
Medics: Best class, heal shit and poison shit
Recon: BR 12 year old edge class. More melee oriented and sniper oriented. can use SMGs but no one uses smgs for whatever reason.

For balance I think they were all really well balanced. you could do all sorts of cool shit with your class, for example when I was playing I have my medic carry a poison crossbow as well as a nanite healer, the nanite healer is a projectile that heals over time so I would go around poisoning people while snipe healing allies and shit, it was fun.

Oh, how is that?

>not posting Buck

breddy gud
It's decently skill-based with no autoaim abilities besides the obvious engineer autoturrets, and large open maps with relatively long distance battles. The mount system makes it so teams arrive at the same time instead of having to wait for slower characters before engaging. Hi-Rez seems to have copied SMITE's f2p system completely with hardly any grind at all and a cheapo price to get every character at once.

My nigger.

Count me in!.

Can I still make an account for the game, or will my smite account still work?

I loved this game but thought the servers had actually been shut down. Downloading it now and will give it a go again.

as far as i know, the hi-rez account works for all their games.

Got the steam version, I'll give it a god with you fags again.

Do we have to pick a server?

Fine, I'll give paladins a shot in a couple of days. It better be as good as you're saying it is.

i don't think so, and there is only one channel in the server.

I remember this shit being utterly unplayable in Australia because of how bad the lag was

If you played the game previously, you can go to your account management page on the hi-rez site and download the game client there if these other methods fail.

Females in that game were all top tier, it's a shame it went the way it did.

I wonder what happened to GA2, it was announced some time ago, and then it all went silent.

Welp, im sold. Time to atleast check this shit out once i'm back from a date with my mom

Why are you on a date with your mom?

I guess incest or general insanity.

Why not? She asked if i'd like to go out to eat somewhere, her treat ofc.

did she touch your willy?

What?

Yep, just as I thought. Say, how old is she?

62 im not gonna fuck her god damnit. Is it so weird for son to go out to eat with his mother especially when said kiddo doesnt live with his parents anymore?

Oh my nigs, I forgot about this game.

I think I even have a character or something

you should fuck her though

fuck her

i'l fuck you

FUCK YOU

Can't install the steam version, it just takes me to the steam front store page.

You're the one who called it a date user.
What's the big deal anyway? You've fucked her before haven't you?

just checked in to see whats hanging with this game

also yes Assault is kick ass and if you have a medic healing you then nothing can stop you

Would you fug yours?

bought it on steam. it still downloads

I've downloaded the game, but it won't launch.
I click Play and get an immediate crash.

What's the facial hair like in this game?

What the fuck? KIKEWHEELS!

That isn't my image! Does that look like Tom Selleck to you?

No, but calling it a date is weird.

i just tried to get into the game now, but i can't connect to the server for some reason, the launcher says the servers are up, so i don't think they waited until the day i made this thread to kill it.

anyone that downloaded the game can log-in?

Disregard, I'm an idiot
REMINDER TO RESTART YOUR SYSTEM AFTER INSTALLING THE GAME

NEW INFO
if anyone is having problems logging in-game

put -tcp=500 in your launcher parameters, i dunno what exactly it does, but it have to do with bad connection.

installing

It's an XP game, what did you expect?
Sometimes it does that, sometimes it doesn't.
Still downloading though, almost halfway through.

You'd think this wouldn't be an issue in [current year] but that's precisely what fixed the problem I was having.

we need names for our guild, or agency as they are called here.

or are we going with the bland "infinity something"?

fully geared Recon here from back in the day :-)

I'm so fuckin down for this. reinstalling now

I remember this game being pretty decent fun for a while, but dropped it just after they released the big open PvE wasteland. Medic was the best class in the game.

CIA

Seconding this

Something is fucked on your end then. Maybe restart Steam?

How about "Big Guys"?

i will give some more hours and make a poal.me with the choices.

That would be the League of Shadows.

I'd assault her, that's for sure

Probably won't play your weird ass game what requires unholy magics to get, but props to you for digging up a neat little game what died out but is still fun and sharing it around.

The steam version was acting up for me, but I was able to get it off of the Tribes downloader.

I'll still be able to play with the rest of you fucks, right?

yea, the standalone version should be the exact same as the steam version

Add Kaeler

Holy shit, without players, the wasteland FEELS like a wasteland.

anybody remember how combat rating scaled? I don't.. I just know I used to be godly at this shit

you got the agenda points? i still dunno why i haven't got mine.

what did I get them for? lol. I have more than enough to buy every cosmetic in the game I think

bump
I just wanna play video games with Holla Forums

Minor blogpost.

Goddammit, I have the worst timing.

I went to a demo of GA that Hi-Rez put on at Dragon Con in 2009 and thought it seemed fun, so that's why I bought it. I still have some of the shit they gave out, but all I have with me at the moment is this button. I also have a poster and shirt still, they're just not here.

If people are still messing around with it later, I'll reinstall and join up.

"everyone" got them when they closed the cash shop down.

for some reason i didn't got them, so now i can't change my hair or the face of my char, nor get the cosmetics.

Alright I installed it, and ran through tutorial as engineer.

It seems fun, and definitely neat if we can get some PVP going. I'll try and get some friends into this as well, but for now I tossed together a quick survey to see what our numbers look like for everyone browsing this thread.

poal.me/3gnogx

We gotta force these threads until it becomes real. I miss pvp in this game so much.

I'd love to play and dick around in what could be our own mmo if we get groups to play.

Well that's the interesting thing about this game which I think will set it apart if we force it.

A)It's completely abandoned, we wont be contending with other grognards and autists on the server
B)Since it's one step above from abandonware and monetization is practically removed, threads can't be as heavily accused as shilling
C)We don't have to depend on someone faggot to keep the server up for us so hours can be flexible as long as we have a good playerbase, but I can imagine fridays and weekends being the most popular, but hey it's Summer.

maybe we can actually have a good thing going here as long as everyone can contain their spaghetti.
Maybe.

clip your goddamn fingernails

So are we going to make a group?

direct steam install links don't work

I installed game. Then we start?

add gungiy

we need to decide the name

poal.me/fqctou

I dont get it. Why cant connect?

try re putting in you password

keep trying, I've read, restarting the launcher

if you still can't connect try doing what i said on

it's actually pretty much impossible to get ga on steam if you've never played it on steam before

Global Agenda was pretty neat, some of the boss battles were absolute bullshit though

well, the packman has spoken, CIA it is!

now, anyone with better management skills than me want to be leader? i suck ass at managing anything.

System requirements? My PC is utter shit

the game is from 2010, it's not really heavy duty.

Now i cant enter a player name. What wrong with this registration system.

Validate the game

Hirez has a thing for fucking up games they are about to ditch. For example Tribes near the end of its use started to have this glitch that would prevent their launcher from letting you enter the game through Steam, even though the launcher from the site worked perfectly well.

one user fixed his problems restarting the PC maybe that will help?

Hi-Rez has a think for fuking up games, period

watch as they ditch SMITE as they did to global agenda/tribes and the 3rd gen of betrayed hi-rez fans are formed.

I use launcher from the site.

Same as I
Use the HiRez validation tool.
Will take about 5 minutes and then try connecting again.

None of the steam tips work, besides the friend list one. Don't have any friends with global agenda installed anymore.

Anyone want to help me out with it? I recall having an assault character tied to my steam account.

Do you have a HiRez account?

I'm not sure I used to play it through steam ages ago and can hardly recall anything.

But you remember using an account name and password to log in game, right?
If so, go to Hirez's site, log in, go to your account's control panel and there you'll see.
Or I could try giving you a link and see if it works or not.
hirez.http.internapcdn.net/hirez/InstallHiRezGamesEnglish.exe
Check out if the link works

At least start recruiting the people in the thread.

All of you cunts post in game names: Kaeler

Yeah I think I had to enter my log in details on a similar screen like

And yeah the link seems to work.

gungiy

And also it seems I can log in on the hirez site too and it found my old account.
Now just to hope it hasn't deleted all my old agents.

Thanks for the help.

my nigga.

Hmm, try Athalid.
Maybe it goes by account name.

And if it's not.. Try writing Kaeler, not kaeler. The game may be case sensitive.

add me if you want, catfacecat

I give up. Play without me.

Wew, these miniguns better not be complete shit.
Going through the tutorial with Assault it felt better to just assault rifle everything while strafing which isnt really how i'd like to play this.

the game world is boring, the mechanics are bare bones, and there's no reason to ever interact with other players

it's just terrible

Why would I play a videogame made by those who killed Tribes? Will playing this game further their deaths in any way?

Tribes killed this game.
SHITE killed Tribes.
Hopefully Paladins will kill SHITE
and Overwatch will kill Paladins
and Hirez with it.

I just want to see them suffer for how Ascend turned out

It's a cycle of life and death, and we are necromancers.

alt-tabbing during introduction cutscene crashes game

so wait who's in charge of CIA?

Disabling HUD elements will give you an FPS boost.

anons assemble

If the fucking hothead gets us all in the agency, we might.
Fucking shit.

I'm Uvhash, just creeping around Dome City waiting for my 100k agenda points.

Comf, looking for people to heal and have fun with

Who runs CIA?

Remember when I told you "No fucking idea"?
Turns out he posted the name in the OP
Kesvalk. And he's off.

Well, if he fucked off to nowhere we should probably make another one.

globalagenda.wikia.com/wiki/Chatbox_and_/emotes
Good to see this game isn't dead just yet, it's my favorite MMO.

sent a ticket out. my account farts dust, it's that old, but I never got it

Welp, I'm off for now

Nice to know. Although rumpshaka is fucking gay.

Alrigth I just finished the tutorial thing with the thick hips assault agent, I will be playing later but first I'll send the ticket to support so I can get the points

Trying to update the game, but it never works. Every time I try, it says it's unable to contact the launcher file server.

Did you verify and restart?

I did. Diagnostic and Support tool isn't doing anything either.

The launcher just keeps downloading 1.5.1.1 over and over again, downloaded it twice and when I use any of the .exe's it just opens up the launcher and begins downloading the game all from scratch again.

Wha the fuck

see

It checks the download after its finished and then it starts up again right away.
I started it now with the diagnostic utility and am going to test that after its finsihed downloading.
Again.

OP here, had to do some shit, i am logging in and making the agency as it seems no one did that yet for some reason.

Well I don't know then. I had the same problem you did until I did that and I could finally log into my old account. Currently validating again because the game says I am missing some sort of physics-related file, which doesn't prevent me from starting up the game and logging in but does prevent me from getting into the game itself.

well shit, we are all stupid, there is already a agency called CIA, we need ideas to bypass this problem.

Should we use C.I.A.? or Central of Inteligence? any other idea?

League of Shadows

i have a feeling this name is also taken

also, we need someplace where we can put all our names in it, so we can add people to the agency

welp, 10 letter limit to agency name too.

i will try C.I.A. , let's hope it isn't taken too

oh for fucks sake, it can't have special characters in the name, i'm out of ideas.

Big Guys came in with a solid second place on that poll.
Just saiyan

Maybe "Sea Eye Ayy"?

SugarClumps has just arrived to Dome City motherfuckers

BIGGUYS WE ARE

I will invite the people that put the name here, but you can also search for the agency in-game, just send a application saying you're from Holla Forums and i will add you too.

Well fug, fixed the error by renaming cudart.dll to physxcudart_20.dll in Binaries but I still can't get past loading screens, it doesn't really crash, it just stays there at the loading screen with the music playing.

gungiy is my name,
being a big guy is my game

Or Sea Eye 8.

Already joined this

Wonder who got the dubs

punished shazbot says hi

no one with that name was found

Kaeler's back, fuccboiis

Add me to the agency

Or I will jetpack splooge all over your heads

fug, hold up

someone named holybullymoo is asking to get into the guild, is this one of you guys?

remember, whisper saying something like Holla Forums for me

I can't do jack shit with any of the launchers.
It downloads the game over and over again and nothing I do has any impact except for starting the download again if I want.

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUCK

damn son, i said it was black magic

have you tried to add someone from here and force steam to install the game by launching it from a friend?

also, have you reseter your PC? it seems like this is a very important step in installing the game

ok try it now that im on line

Who is on that has it on Steam here? Might solve not being able to load levels

add me, name is Kesvalk

i am going to sleep now anons, see you all later.

let's try to make some team to level up everyone.

a dead MMO

Did they fix the shitty laggy jetpacks yet?

I seriously JUST reinstalled this yesterday. Hell yeah nerds, lets play.

Damn, I thought I'd see some other shit before this.

Guess I'll suit up a new character and start up again.

We have a cringechannel/VOIP for co-op communication?

damn, my HiRez account is fucked. it's on an email address I got rid of. and it was an @live account too so it's permanently gonzo. I hope the HiRez support dudes can save it so I don't have to start my characters over on a free account. anyone know how to make an @live account now that microsoft doesn't offer them?

I never paid for it, what do I get

I'm not sure. I think it's sort of like planetside for freemium players

Fucking finally got it working and logged it to see my lvl 29 char is not gone, fucking sweet. How do I search for the agency by the way?

If someone can add my playername is Wimbula

Whats your problem friend?

I can log in and see my existing characters but whenever I pick one, the game just stays at the loading screen for the level and never finishes.

Also, Bigguys isn't recruiting. You full up already?

What game was this from? Was it Diablo II?
We need more games with good necromancers

Hmm well that is an odd problem, mine took a long time to log in but I'm guessing you tried waiting it out a bit.

I doubt it, probably just oblivious as fuck

Currently no way to join. Just says "not recruiting" in the list.

Messing around in the desert now..

Level 50 medic coming in.

What is the guild?
What are the playtimes?

Who do I message for an invite?

My in game name is BigWally

it's weird how there is no music

There's some, notably for bosses, the main menu, one shop, and raids I think.

Speaking of bosses, is the open world eye boss still irritating as fuck?

message comf about joining the agency

I think it became paladins but I'm just not seeing it.

Like okay Paladins looks kind of fun but at the end of it all it looks like 5v5 TF2 and that just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Probably, I don't remember it being that much of a pain though.

is there any actual outside group made yet

25% in and can't wait to join you glorious faggots.
let this be a weekly thing.

This fucking game.

My account is ancient, and probably still loaded with goodies.

I have no idea if we could make use of AvA, but that is some of the most fun you will have in this game.

I already see this as it's happening.

Core 6 dudes get the best out of it, and the rest suffer.

This singleplayer shit is making me realize how bland this is. That, and gear is awful. Then again, a multiplayer game with no players…yeah..

i am creating a pastebin for this game
any information to put in?

Not sure if my craptop can handle GA but i'll give it a go playing vidya with anons is normally an enjoyable if not chaotic experience.

Please don't message me, I don't want to be responsible for anything else but a little healing

pastebin.com/ZRaMV9DH
i have he intro done

Both validation and restarting as important points, along with in case someone else gets the error as well.

just added this information to the text

just added this information to the text

ERRORS AND HOW TO SOLVE THEM
VALIDATION ERROR:

1. verify and restart, if it works play the game
if that doesnt work then some user did this

heh

IT'S THE END TIMES

So the server's fucked up 2 times now, when we're facing medsec boss.
MAYBE THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG HERE.

He's walking into the wall to me

how can i join agencies?

Welp.

that sucks mang

see

pastebin.com/xefq8ebF
updated pastebin

Is it confirmed that they will give you free Global Agenda shekels?

Also, when trying to install through the exe on their website, I get this at the end.

" Failed to start the Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate And Update Service "

Any ideas?

Downloading.
Do we need more medics or is everyone a medic. I also like wreckingball classes too.

If it's not running under Task Manager's Services tab, click the Services button and see if you can turn it on manually.

I manged to fix it by doing what this guy does in this video. Instead of C:/programfiles, send it to a new folder in my case C:/globalagenda. Apparently the installer breaks if it sees the word 'program' in its install directory.

Seems like medic is fairly popular so we might have too many. makes sense that most of you fags would be healsluts, prepare to be bullied
Also thanks to for pointing me towards the working solution for being unable to connect to the server. I'll make sure to read the thread more thoroughly next time.

I guess I will go robotics, even though the one character I have is a medic.

post yfw that entire fucking point defense

Isant hirez making global agenda 2?

Women in armour is strangely extremely arousing.

so will there be a discord or a steam group or something

Have you two held hands yet?

I logged in and saw a whole 12 people in the entire game, 6 in the hub thing and 6 in the desert, yeah this was a waste of time. But then, nostalgia, remembering some fun pvp, test arena and that and instance shit back in 2010 but also remembered the pve was fucking awful and not fun at all even with friends, but I got all the way up to level 36 back then and whatever time it sucked out of me to get that level back in 2010 is all it's gunna get..

I think most of us are going to try a Friday Night game thing, since most of us can't play video games on weekdays.

Fuck, it lost my recon charracter. Guess i'm going to make Duke Nukem for assault. Name will be jeanlatrois

whatever you do dont search for 60plus torrents, download a bunch, and then leave the folder open on your laptop where your mother could accidentally see it

These servers holy fucking tit shits

help

Never mind it fixed itself.

whisper/message Uvhash if you want an invite to the guild.

If she called it a date and paid you should fuck her

Would you fuck your dad /GA/ general?

of course not retard

how the hell do you pm people in this game?

MAKE A GROUP

use /tell in chat

Played an edgy recon for a bit and decided to try an assault. Can i not name the individual characters or am i stuck with the name i gave myself at the login menu?

No, the physxcudart shit is from getting an error that tells you that you don't have physxcudart, which you get when you try to run the game. It has nothing to do with downloading.

Pretty sure all characters share your name.

FUCKING DOCTOR BOLOGNA FUCKING GLITCHED FUCK SHIT CUNT FUCK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT DOCTOR BOLOGNA

Fucking low rez answer my ticket

Well that was a fucking shitshow, see you lads tomorow

So I joined and got to level 12, did a mission with three others, and joined the guild.
What's with the AvA thing and why are there so many empty maps? Can we just claim them for our own? Should we be fucking up whoever the other faggot is that has claimed a few territories?

Also what is with the timer on the mission select? Can we only join missions at certain times?

femassault x femrecon otp

So are you guys really doing this or will you quit in a week?

Planning on sticking with it. Downloading the game now, will be ready to play tomorrow.

Agency versus Agency is Territory control and it's possible to own most of the map, there's a lot of management behind it though.
The timer on mission select is the count-down to the big raids that happen every so often.

Sticking with it as long as everyone else is.

I'll stick with it as long as I have someone to play it with. The game is too soul crushingly boring when playing solo

NEW INFO
I created the steam group

the name is BigGuys(GA)
steamcommunity.com/groups/bigguysGA

Are you trying to kill this? Steam groups are cancer and promote cancerous behavior, no exceptions.

Yeah this, just look at the Holla Forums group for Holla Forums.
People are there are playing shit like battleborn for christ sake.

welp, someone asked for it in the thread, i didn't actually thought it would be this cancerous

Steam groups are GUARANTEED to breed drama, avoid them like the plague

What's the in demand class now?

please be robotics or medic, those were my favorite

The majority of players are Assault, with 2-3 Roboticists. The only Medic I've seen is Comf.

my highest leveled char is a medic too, but i play all 4 classes

What's the filesize? If it's anything over 5 gigs I'll pass because I bet interest will be gone by the time I finish the download

dammit coolguy stay in your containment thread

So where's all the porn of this game? I get that it's old but come on, rule 34 doesn't have any exceptions.

It's 7GB.
5 is a pretty low cap though.

Damn, i think i'l give the game another try.
Made an assault yesterday but wew the tutorial made me lose all hope for actually having funwith it.

What weapon(s) does the medic use anyways?
I've never been much for shit that requires you to be precise with your aim (spray'n pray da best) so cyberfag with shotties doesnt seem like one for me atleast.

It just says "GAME IS DOWN" right now. Is it over? Did I miss it?

It really does seem like the type of game that would have gotten shitloads of R34, I mean just look at what drawfags did for Warframe.

>tfw the sudden but very small burst of activity probably got low-res' attention
>tfw they probably thought us all bots or something and took down the server

What?
I'm in the game right now.

From the thread it seems people are getting a "GAME IS DOWN" message.

Then you must be working some kind of black magic because i was playing and the server shat out on me. I get this now

Same here. Haven't been able to log in for a few hours now because it's apparently down according to the launcher.

>tfw it's because of all the support tickets asking for agenda points

game is down?

I was happy to find my account had 100k points last night when I logged in. Should I spent 2600 on the 90 day boost?

That's what I'm seeing.

fuck

Also if we cant have a steam group then what about irc or discord

Fix it by sending more tickets to get them to turn it back on or at least get them to come here so we can yell at the devs for being a bunch of faggots

I'm using the steam launcher.

Proof

thats great, but a lot of us on steam have tried every method to get that way working. although I haven't tried to "launch game" method from a friend who is playing it

also launcher is down on my end, too

Huh, weird. I'm using the stand alone client because i don't have steam. Maybe i need to get stream now if i want to play.

Still down for me.

we'll probably need to friend you to see if the friend installation method works

so has anyone else but
been able to get into the game?

status.hirezstudios.com/
The latest hotfix is today, so there's two or more possible answers as to what's going on right now:
1. They killed the server
2. They're fixing the server
3. I have no idea what the fuck they're doing

Might as well just post here, I don't see the problem. Additionally, the more we post the more saturated this game (hopefully) gets.

i'm unable to access the site

never mind was site finally loaded and i submitted a ticket

no hotfix points towards global agenda. it's not even mentioned

A few things to note if you're gonna hop into this fucking mess of a game consistently
1. Game is buggy as shit. As some of you have already noticed, sometimee the game will.simply not function. This isn't because the game is dead, it's been like this for a while
2. The game is unoptimized as fuck. I'll dig around and see if I can find that tweaking guide from 2010 but from what I can remember, most of your framerate drops will actually be due to the awful UI. Disable anything you wont use. Make sure you keep the radar though, if only so that you can target call using cardinal directions
3. If you want to do PvP you can use the /challenge function to start 4v4's manually. I think you might be able to start 10's that way as well
4. 4v4's and Double Agent are probably the most fun you'll have in this game. Umax is neat until you figure out how to farm it, and raids get boring fairly quickly.

For assaults
1. Mini gun for bots, inferno x for elites/players. There's also the legion mini if you're a knockback whore but honestly I've never seen the point. Learn when to right click and when to bail. Left click is for roamers (destruction spec minimum users)
2. In PvP, you can do alright as a melee/aoe assault with the gamma launcher and impact hammer. Outside of that, you can blow a tremor load on unsuspecting targets or be a shittier recon with the headhunter but there's not much point
3. Secondaries are for long range targets if you're a mini/ic user. Ive seen people use the stormer as an AOE assault but again, not much point.
4. Perfect target is for bads and cheese starts
5. Aegis assault is probably the best ability you'll ever get if you wanna run shields

For robo
1. 2 turrets, hold right click, take a nap. Don't bother with anything but the right click harder repair arm because its the only good one
2. Actually go the fun route and play drone robo and shotgun people to death. Grab targeting system

For medic
1. Unless you're good (or poison), and your team is good, dont use nanites
2. Its okay to take a single poison offhand as a healer. Just make sure you have cures if the other team has poisons (PvP concern)
3. Poison medics are only slightly less brain-dead than turret robo. You need to shoot targets, but poison damage is so over-tuned that you shouldn't have to shoot much

For recon
1. Get good with the sniper rifle
2. Use bionics
3. Realize that youre playing the class with the highest design and skill potential in the whole game

I'd point out shit options in the skill tree as well but I can't remember the damned things

Just got a mail saying customer support can't add those superfunds

I've found myself using the SMG when not in a party… But that's mainly because I suck at aiming.
It's like you're a full blown faggot
Sounds fun as fuck.

SMG is pretty good. Honestly as long as you aren't rolling bombs or melee you're fine. Ballista and Scorp are fucking fantastic weapons though, especially in PvP. Good recons (all 10 of them in the game's lifespan) are invaluable
In PvE you can roll with either PT or AC, force wall and the med station. However the fully optimized PvP bullshit build was to take both PT and AC (some madmen would drop force wall or med station as a third and take RT) and run away when your turret got attacked so you could just plant the other one. Constant damage was worth more than holding a specific position around the point. Its also worth noting that because of this, robos became top priority and got to stay dead in any match with a competent mobile offensive class. I had more than a few merc matches where I maxed kills on my team basically just killing 3 robos and the odd medic or aoe assault repeatedly and we won because of it

Drone robo is way more fun but also way more PvP focused

It's still fucking down for me. The hell is going on?

Oh yeah, Ballista and Scorp are HP wreckers. And as you said, specially in pvp and if you know how to aim and compensate for pings.
And yeah, I see your point about PT and AC at the same time. Sounds like a complete shit destroyer.

Well fuck, looks like its back to warfarm for me.

LADS! FOUND A FIX!

When you start up the (non-steam) launcher, press F10 while it's "connecting to auth server" and the play button will automatically load.

Shiiieeeet

This actually worked. What the fuck.

hah, it works

I hope some drawfag gets a hold of this game.

ayy it worked

holy shit!

How?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I give up

Last time I tried deploying 2 turrets my previously deployed one auto died, same goes for drones. Do I need to skill spec to have multiple out?

Friendly reminder that pinning global agenda to the taskbar will allow you to skip the launcher in the future

It's a rotation
Deploy first turret, if shit gets dangerous bail and pop the second in safer place. Hold rclick down on said turret with the standard repair arm (I think there was a skill to boost this) to do like 40% extra damage in the meantime. You can run with 1 turret and 1 drone simultaneously though, which was used a lot in 1.39 when poison fuckery wasnt as prominent

Tweak guide is here
bettergaming103.blogspot.ca/2010/10/global-agenda-tweak-guide.html?
Pictures are all broken but the guide should be valid otherwise

We ARE big guys after all.

what the fuck lol it works

also slightly disappointed that you can't make your assault chick look like the one in class select, looked at all the cash shop skins and armor sets

Friendly reminder that if you aren't in the mainline circle of speedrunning grinders/dungeoneers, you'll get nothing done.

This game drops solo-friendliness the moment you leave the first desert.

Not enough pubs to do Hi-Sec or MedSec either, so your leveling grinds to a halt!

Yo, invite "Rosso" to the guild, I want to join with you fags.

I got my account working, my name is skellahomie, all my characters are above level 20, my top character is a level 33 assault. where are you guys, there's like 4 people in the dome

where's the porn?

Surprisingly, nowhere.

It doesn't exist.

Tell me it isn't totally made for it though

so where would the "mainline circle" communicate

Oh, it totally is.
That only makes it more depressing. There's nothing worse than fapbait with no R34.

Game game lagged to it's death as we finished ;-;

Fuck it I'm done for now.
I'll come back later on.

found the gang, but they were intent on farming for a knife or something, so I left to make a sandwich. we need to get some pvp going or some raids or something

Launcher says the server is still down for me, F10 trick isn't working. Anyone else having this issue?

Try again.
f10 while it says "connecting to auth"

Right I've done that a few times now while it does the authentication processes before giving me the server status and it gets me nowhere. I'll just keep messing around with it until i find a solution that works.

New thread, please.

Did you try this?

I though Tribes just got an overhaul a few months ago

Unless HiRez supremely fucked up, all the charselect outfits are available. However someone fucked up the texturing so unless you revert to the higher res skins listed in that bettergaming101 link I posted it will probably not look quite the same. Even then I think it's a little different

HiRez tried to fix the armor issues, but the guy that set it up had left like a year prior and the folder was full of randomly named folders with dozens of arcane files inside and nobody knew what to do with them iirc

comfy game if you guys will play with me

No new bread?

no communication outside the thread, no reliable communication in any form if someone wants to actually play this game past the first 2 - 3 hours.

I want to do a medium security right now, but I think none of you are here.

make another thread and emphasize that this game is still working

What class are you? If it's medsec you can just 2man it. I might reinstall just to remind myself why I quit and I have all 4 classes at 30 or higher (unless I got bored and deleted my recon). Double robo, assault+med or med+recon should work fine. That wont happen until tomorrow at like.. 7:30 pst but I've got pretty much the whole weekend open

Also if there's no discord up I'll just make one and toss a link in.

Is anyone still alive?