Star control thread faggots

Star control thread faggots.
Thraddash is best race.

Also lets talk about our hopes and dreams for the Reboot which will probably be shit.

I don't let myself get hyped but I want to have some hope. A little.
On the plus side Wardell seems to have a solid understanding of what's great about SC2 and a real passion for it. The biggest worry for me is that Stardock seems to have a track record of making mechanically well-executed games that are somewhat vacant of personality, and that just won't cut it here.

Oh and reminder that the Orz did absolutely nothing wrong.

They really are.

Get out of this thread faggot. I exterminated those devil spawn.

The Ur-quan Kzer-Za has entered your planetary orbit and broadcasted the following message on all frequencies
Roll for the fate of your planet!

I'm probably fucked but lets see how earth fairs

rolling, if dubs get send green urquan fleet to /monster/

>>>/clang/

Observe my numbers

lolololol

Some of you alien races are alright. Don't come to the Utwig home planet tomorrow.

The Ilwrath are the nicest race in the universe.

THRADDASH
FUCK YEAH!

would you a star jew?

A thousand of my men
for a piece of that ass.

I would fuck one but not the way you're thinking

I suck at this game.
Also component materials.

gradius a best ship

thanks spoiler checkbox

ribbed for her pleasure

Just lie on earth. They are the most fun.

I played the Ur-quan masters, the open source version of itor was it open source? I forget
Fun game. I do wish it would have gotten a sequel tho'. I probably should get it and play it again. Loved the story and gameplay, loved the characters/races too.
imho one of the top five greatest game's ever

Ur quan masters is Star Control 2
You really don't want a sequel, you only think you do.

yea, I guess you're right. Who knows what horrible pile of shit we would have gotten.

BTW, about the chmmr avatars, for ships designed especially against ur-quan dreadnoughts, they don't feel that powerfull against them.

I also find it interesting how early you can get one of the best ships in the game and you don't even need to pay for it(tho' you need to crew it of course).

There was a sequel though.
It just wasn't very good

interesting board, will add /clang/ to fap list.
re rolling, if dubs get senf ur-quan fleet to /loomis/

seriously, the spathi eluder is bullshit. you can use it to destroy any probes you come across without taking a scratch

Might be an issue of balancing ships stats, or devs wanted to leave some menacing power for the ur-quan.
Or a really subtle hint at how the merging process of the Chmmr did not bake 100% to spec, since the player had to accelerate the process due to the dire situation. Those crystal and machine dudes are alright, I hope they didn't get fucked over due to the acceleration process. Please live, chejensu and mmmrrrmr sama, ;_;

Man i loved the Yehat Terminator.

Wonder if the Black Spathi Squadron will show up in the reboot.

Your mind is like a pure virgin snowflake. I have spoilered these images for your sake, but just know this:

We already know

mass effect did sometimes give me a bit of a star control vibe. now look at the potato faces in andromeda

i see we are on the same wave length at the moment

thats not what i posted
well whatever, thats kind of cute

Never played either of them. Which one should I get?

the ur quan masters

Star Control I sets the basis for Star Control II's gameplay, but it's just a series of individual missions. Star Control II, on the other hand, allows you to freely explore your quadrant of the galaxy, and explains a fair amount of SCI anyway. Go with II, but if you're curious, give I a download.

Ur quan masters. It's free and open source.

Ur Quan Masters it is.

It had a few fun ideas, though.

The K'tang are fun, the Harika & Yorn's relationship is something I haven't seen since, the whole thing about the Doog being really dumb and submissive despite having what might very well be the strongest ship in the game (uncontested with the artifact upgrade), and they did the Orz *words* wonderfully. And managing to make a race out of cute microscopic beings is impressive in and of itself. Xchaggers are bros.

Shame about the whole colony management system, a few character changes, the Syreen's puppet being what it was, the Ur-Quan saying "we seek to serve" at one point, the spinning galactic map (which you could stop, fortunately) was a dumb callback to Star Control 1 (I think).

Mass Effect 2 even had scanning planets.

my only experience with 3 is from a cool super melee standalone game called time warp, which has ships from 2, 3 and a bunch of fan made stuff. i read up a little on the ktang and it turns out theyre brutish worms obsessed with dakka. reminds me of an awesome game i wish we saw more of on Holla Forums

i dont know how much its changed nowadays, and it used to crash somewhat frequently, and it had a lot of ships that were clearly in a concept phase, looking like they were drawn in ms paint with some placeholder sound effects, but even those were fun.
so be aware of that if any of you decide to give it a whirl.

just look up their dialogue on jewtube or something.

I think ZarlaSheenaza has a bunch of videos of them, and the other SC3 races.

Star Control isn't even that good, to be perfectly honest fams. As much as I enjoy the story and characters, the gameplay really leaves a lot to be desired. It's not a game I find myself replaying often.

It has flaws but it is definitely a good game.
I bet if it called itself a VN most people wouldn't criticize the gameplay.

Yeah no, these guys fuckers at jew 10 fold. Druuge are like the gas station Arabs.

at least theyre good honest merchants and not the web of half truth or outright lying because its not legally binding kike weasels

And they're deathly afraid of being thrown in a furnace, as show in:

I wonder if G-Man was inspired by that thing.

well, theyre both meant to be very business like but i doubt it. gman is inspired by certain alien urban legends involving "well dressed official looking government men with something off about them" hence the name g-man, also of note are the thin men from xcom, probably also inspired by the same thing.

No salt, only emptiness after the lost potential of ME1.

The melnorme are upside-down noses.

That's crazy. You're crazy. Shit's crazy. You're talking crazy talk.
SHUT IT DOWN