MH4U

Alright, I just got this game. I've been playing for about 2 hours and I feel like I'm stumbling around in the dark. I've done the 1-star quests, but I still feel really lost. Any tips?

git gud fgt

You say that as if generations will be a direct upgrade to 4U

Not everybody thinks they're entitled to shit for free, faggot.

Generations a shit, Gen 3 a best
t. Cha-Cha

Cha cha is literally the worst. I bet you think gunlance is a viable weapon too.

It's no downgrade, that's for sure.

I have the CFW set up, even checked MHX.cia to see how it ran, but I care about the game enough to want to understand the text in it.

Tri was my first monhun and I still think the cats are superior in every way.

MonHun is a funny game, OP. Funny in that it doesn't play like any other video game.

Just take your time with it.

What do you want to know Op?
Unfortunately I don't have the infographs at hand, just tell me what you don't get and I'll try to answer.

Tips:
-choose a single weapon for your first playthrought and stick with it, switching weapons after you completed the game is easy, switching them halfway throught is a pain in the ass so choose carefully (also avoid ranged weapons in your first run)
-Remember to activate your palico (you can do it using the dashboard in your tent)

Don't pretend that you give a fuck about the story either because that's a blatant lie.

You do realize that if everybody pirated games, there would be none, right? Either that, or they'd be far less quality.
People like me, who actually pay for things, are doing you scurvy bastards a favour.

Thanks for being the good goy. It's your job to work hard and spend your money so that I can pirate. Never stop doing what you do, faggot.

Yeah, all jokes aside, it's a fantastic game and OP is in for a ride, he'll be having a blast for a long time too because of G-Rank.

Got the patch too, but I'm not a fan of not 100% translations. The story is not stellar but it's better than no story at all, and flavor text is nice too.

Click post, go to another tab after it hits 100%, return, still 100% but no post. Thanks

And my image is gone now, great. Fuck this thread.

So I've used a gunlance for a good few hunts now, and compared to shit like the charge blade, great sword or even the dual blades it just doesn't feel all that great - do the higher tier gunlances end up any better? Or do I just need to get better at using them?

I like the idea behind gunlances, but I just don't feel like I'm performing nearly as well with them compared to literally any other weapon I've touch.ed

The weapons are pretty unique from each other.
Maybe the style of the gunlance doesn't appeal to you, I like the concept of them too, but couldn't play it at all. I didn't like the idea behind insect glaives at first, but after using it I fell in love with it, the balance between close quarters and ranged combat resonated well with me (the jump in this weapon is unnecessary in my opinion, but oh well).

Faguette is easy mode for casuals.

Considering they're not adding any real variety, yes
The weapon styles are pretty lazy for the most part, I would be surprised if all of them combined were as much work as adding a single new weapon, which 4 had 2 of

If you git gud enough you'll end up with a decent damage output, in my opinion it's the best weapon for breaking parts too.

If you learn to guard at the right time you can parry almost everything and constantly poke/shoot the monsters and wyvern's fire can deal lots of damage too (just remember it's not very good on sleeping monsters).

I'm not gonna lie, it's not nearly as powerful as a Greatsword or Dual Blades, but it's funnier to use and it makes it easier to deal with flying monsters, for example.

You can shut your damn mouth.

Also yes, it gets better in late game.

This. The best games are tied between 3U and 4U.

There's also playable cats and hunter arts.
But I was not talking about that, I was talking about the fact that even without G-Rank it has more different monsters than 4U

It's a shame the weapon got this shitty popularity, full of idiots spamming the jump all around all the time.
The weapon really shines when you know how to optimize the insect usage, properly snipe the essences, and abuse the fact that compared to other weapons you can pretty much topple the monster basically anytime you want, instead of situationally, so you can time the mounts for when they're most essential.

Your next line will be: "The best game in the series is FU!"

They're good, but I still haven't played Generations, it is looking good so far, and considering it will be fresh, it would be a better aquisition now.

I had to play MHFU again for a few days after getting MH4U, since my damn LE MH4U N3DS had to be sent for repair because of the C stick.

I hate hitboxes.

It doesn't even need shitty popularity, bugstick is objectively easier to win with than every other weapon on the game besides charge blade due to being introduced in the game and the rest of the weapons being accustomed for slower monsters.

As someone who used ig almost exclusively for 400+ hours in mh4y, can confirm 100% that it is easy mode babby weapon. It's retarded how much better it is than everything else.

I think it's like this mostly because of the free jump, it trivialized mounting and toppling, having to snipe the essences and maximize the potential of using the bug vs using melee takes some actual skill, at least.
Charge Blade was strong too because of cheer damage output.

I hope both are more more balanced in Generations. Maybe the Glaive loses it's shine due to aerial style being a thing? Can someone who played X confirm this?

The only reason they don't normally have tons of different monsters is so they can crank out their yearly editions without making it feel too stale

IG is strong because high motion values while not really needing to commit to long animations.
Can't say much about CB since I didn't use it, but IG is just as op as always it feels like. You need to make actual decisions with kinsects and extracts don't last as long and I think red buff was nerfed a bit but that's it. Aerial style actually makes IG better because it loses nothing but the roll and gains a stronger aerial attack and can launch itself a significant distance with the vault. Striker and bushido are complete shit though.

It was overpowered as fuck, but not entirely because of high numerical values
The reason so many people(myself included) latched onto the weapon was because it has a moveset with so many options at any given point that it blows most other weapons out of the water
Basically, because it's really fun, and the only way to balance that would be to either fuck up the moveset entirely or give other weapons more mechanical depth

Is it normal to experience excruciating hand cramps after an hour or so of play?

It's essentially a Monster Hunter minigame. Single player is low rank only, and you can beat it in about fifteen hours if you don't dick around.

not really, the only new monsters it has are Bonersquid, Dinovoldo, Horoholo, Tamistunee, and Great Maccao.
The rest are all just recolors with slightly more HP/damage

oh and Raizex, I forgot him. so 6 new monsters

No idea what bonersquid is, but you forgot Gamuto.

Oh god you're right, he's such an awful fight I forgot all about him.
Bonersquid is the Ostalaga btw

Gamuto annoyed the shit outta me. Whenever I mounted him, he usually pushed me out of the bounds of the zone so I'd fall off and waste the mount. When that didn't happen, the camera was stuck inside his body so it was nearly impossible to see when he was going to thrash. His gear looks p cool though tbh.

I was talking about the monster total, but turns out it's only because of small monsters so, meh.

Too bad his set is garbage skillwise.

Yeah, It just feels half baked the entire way. The Hunter Arts vary massively, the styles range from flat useless to blowing everything out of the water.
Upgrade system lacks any real sense of progression, and actually that's about it.
Also I personally just found variant fights to be a slog, less so than HR140 nonsense but still a slog.

The best game in the series is FU!-
NANIIII??????

Eh I'd say if you exclude the HR140 bullshit 4U is the best game, with it?
I'd say it's a toss up between 3U 4U Tri. Each has stupid shit and each has good shit.
Only one I'd say isn't close to being best is Gen.

Handhelds are a fucking abomination

New Console/PC MH when

Probably never. It's a handheld seller at this point.

Same with Animal Crossing.

Hopefully never, you autist. I weep for the day that MH comes to PC where you fucking losers ruin the community just like with DS and DD. Don't think I haven't seen you post this same exact shit in every other MH thread.

The community is already full of retards and autists, just like the Dark Souls community was before it.
Or do you just like feeling unique because you play niche games and don't want that taken away from you?

Introducing my PC friend to Monster Hunter was the worst fucking mistake of my life,
He can't go two seconds without bitching about bullshit hitboxes via fucking screaming, or how I'm not following what the guide told me to do and how my weapon choice is shit and I should be using this weapon some faggot on reddit said is OP.
I'm not thinking all PC users are cancer, but fuckers like these are all too common.

all 1-star quests is basically the tutorial.
also
enjoy the ded online

never. mobile gaming/handhelds are popular in Japan, so MH will be on the platforms where it sells

Never, just so you can piss and moan about how a shitty handheld game isn't on PC and repeatedly make yourself look like a fucking retard.

Keep in mind MH4U has more variations than MHGen