Star Citizen Thread

What has been going on with this trainwreck lately? I haven't heard much about it for some time? Also, could someone post the videos where they behave like cultists?

Other urls found in this thread:

indeed.co.uk/jobs?q=Cloud Imperium Games&l=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Made a thread about it a lil while ago…. it devolved into some bs rather quick.

Pretty sure its still sucking in money and spitting out .jpgs.

I expect a resurgence in backers defending this after they got fucked over by no mans sky

2.5 is soon to dropping.

Apparently the 2.7 patch can be expected to have some shit about planets.

They're also leaving major announcements until Citizen Con or whatever that gay over priced meeting club is.

And the persistence everybody is whining about that wasn't in it is nearly in it but not.

It's still in the mystery box

Are there many people on the forum that are getting restless?

Cant wait for the salt, apparently citizen con is on the 9th of october.

Forums are heavily policed by the die hard fans, no way to criticize or have a decent conversation.

Kind of like Elite: Dangerous with Pecisk and the no fun brigade shutting down any criticism.

Seriously, fuck Chris 'Concept Sale' Roberts and David 'The Vision' Braben. They killed the revival of space sims with their respective 'MMO-lite' scams.

There probably won't be any, lad.

They call the restlessness a drought. Development's at the point where the major updates are, in the scale of things, a bit too far off but not quite. All this is on the reddit, which is the usual hive-think mentality. When the update comes, they inevitably bitch at the game out of pure satisfaction, then later pretend like it never happened.

They're all so whipped.

It's like, if you invest the amount of money they probably have, you really have no choice but to believe to the bitter end. Bioware fans aren't this delusional, because they probably pirate bioware games in the first place while denying they do so. These mother fuckers are a church of retards.

They're still hiring so I guess they're still in business

indeed.co.uk/jobs?q=Cloud Imperium Games&l=

Owing backpay is not being in business.

oh. well if they're that desperate then maybe I could get a job there, I'm in the area, I have the CV. Whats the worst that could happen?

i have some faith in the mandate if that shit fails i will just pick up another hobby like knitting

are you gay?

I let vidya go slowly a couple of years ago. I took flying lessons and when I feel like it I can now take to the sky.

Now I'm selling my rare JRPGs and games for mad dosh so I can finally really do something with my life.

But isn't the point of doing something with your life just a way of justifying playing vidya and not feeling guilty?

I play the occasional game but I'm done with vidya as a whole, I'm too old now to enjoy it, it is rotten to the core and I work too much.

When I have free time I prefer to go flying.

but you have free time now….

Then please remove yourself from this board. We have enough shitters who don't play vidya here as it is.

I'm playing Underrail too.

Pic related. It's you.

how? have you even played ED horizons? have you even played SC alpha?

Only one of those games exist friend.

No one wants to dare talk about SC's lack of everything at this point because of fear of fanboy retribution and crying so it's just being ignored until it actually falls apart or it becomes something worth talking about.

look at this stupid fucking nerd

ED is barely a game, but it is enjoyable to play for a little while, then when the novelty wears off you can see the terrible design decisions behind it.

You can make nice wallpapers with it though.

Seems to be pretty easy to throw shit at games you either have played for 2 hours or haven't played at all.

Look like the no fun brigade have arrived.

Has "citizen" in it's title. Therefore utterly worthless parasitism.

Last I fired it up, you could fly around an entire solar system. There's places you can defend from pirates, there's a couple of ports where you can land your ship and go shopping for guns/clothes/armor, you can put a crew together and pilot the big ships together now, you can do EVAs during battle to board other people's ships and kill them and steal their shit (but only if they open their doors to let you in since the boarding shit isn't done yet).

It all sounds kind of nice when I say it like that, but just slather on a thick layer of stutter and jank and you'll probably get an idea of what it's really like.
I just thought of a good analogy, actually:
It's like trying to have a nice dream while someone is pissing on your face.

Maybe it'll be good one day. Stranger things have happened, at least. I dunno.

as long as one day this become a good game i will be satisfied, as long as im still alive

as long as one day i become good spelling i will be satisfied, as long as im still live

NO THAT'S WRONG! APT HAS NO 'no' FUNCTION! WHOEVER WROTE THIS KNOWS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT GNU/LINUX AND SHOULD HANG THEMSELF!

So one day it might be good?

what happened to that nigger mexican derek smart? did he an hero? or he got a patreon? who ami kidding he is a man

I think it's possible, sure.
I don't think it's the most likely outcome, though.

ED is shit.

"Patches will fix it!!!"

She took the WiiU

meta packages

you fucking idiot

Star Citizen is a win-win situation no matter what happens.

If they succeed, (which is incredibly unlikely) then we'll have an awesome game everyone can enjoy.

If they fail, the shitstorm will be the most glorious thing ever seen that could bring down the world of crowdfunding.

I don't think it'll happen, there will always be enough dumb and naive people.

It might at least weaken it a bit.

Despite it turning into a disaster, at least their customer support was nice enough to give me a full refund. Took a while, but I got a full refund.

Did they really cooperate? How many hoops did you have to jump through?

Recently I've been enjoying the MN9 and Battleborn trainwrecks, but I don't think it's quite enough to carry me to the next StarCon or whatever it was called. I wonder if there's going to be any news (or other cringefests) before then.

I don't even care about the game anymore.
They are probably trying to cutback on exposure since it started to become widely thought of as a scam.
They will probably try to fade away.

They'll just drag their feet and wait out the blowback from the scam. It works pretty well with kickstarters. For example, how many of you know how this ended? You lost interest before then and just let it go, right?

I imagine the same way that sad comics for children went.
He threatened to burn the comics instead of sending them out to backers.
Then admitted he used the money to pay back college loans.

The fucking beta cucks were still defending him despite it being a fact he ripped them off.

I think I just had to mention the create card associated with my account or something. I can't remember entirely. I just asked for it for medical reasons (which is true), and I mentioned how others were able to get a refund for medical reasons. They were surprising cooperative and polite about it and I didn't find it tough at all. Mind you my account is fully deleted, but that's fine.

They make about 2 million a month.
Development is ongoing with regular updates.

You can't claim that they're cultists then ignore all information that doesn't match your preconceived narrative.

(42)

ED is shit.

those were some pretty good comics to be fair. too bad he turned into a shemale tranny delusional depressed retard

I've played Elite: Dangerous and defended it as a work in progress - which it is - but with the Engineers bullshit I can't defend it anymore, nor do I want to.

Frontier clearly knows FUCKALL about game design, they are descending into Japanese gamedev levels of incompetence, substituting gameplay and content with nothing more than timesink grind. When players complain about the fact that it's just a ton of grind and RNG, Frontier simply stacks even more grind on.

Elite: Dangerous has no future because the people developing it have no concept of "fun".

What's that about? Did a bit of spacetrucking and bounty hunting today because I felt like it but had not touched the game for a long time, and other than some UI/Menu changes I haven't noticed anything.

Engineers are NPCs who can upgrade your items. But it costs a ton of materials and rare goods to do, the upgrades are random, and the special effect they get (arguably the main draw in many cases) is either randomized (forcing a ton more grinding for more materials) or adds a ton more grind on by dropping your reputation with them (which is built with grind).

I could understand this if they were going the gook route and implementing microtransactions and the grind was thus a way of coercing players into paying them more money or leaving the game.

Since Frontier doesn't have microtransactions they're basically just coercing players into leaving the game. And despite it being summer, when player count should be peaking, it's plummeting instead.

I'd be mad if I had paid full price for this game, as is I just don't care enough about the game to get really involved in it beyond a bit of spacetrucking whenever I get the urge. Fuck I m not even that far from the starting sector after 70 hours or so. Guess I'll sell my ships and outfit a Cobra at some point to randomly go through space. This game is just so fucking hollow. At today least I got to laugh watching a guy in a hauler get rekt because he entered a station without contacting it first.

I paid full price for the game in beta, and for what I got and what I was expecting I think I got a fair deal. But I think the game now, despite more content, is actually worse than the game back then, and I wouldn't recommend buying it now.

Also, even the smuggling is no longer fun. In beta it was really exciting because if you were caught with illegal goods, the station would open fire (though its guns didn't do so much damage IIRC, I think it was possible to escape) and security forces would go after you.

This made it actually quite tense and exciting.

Now the station just issues a fine, which you never have to pay as long as you never respawn there. Who gives a shit.

So they've actually managed to ruin smuggling.

Ay, sleepy posting bad posting

It was already ruined when I bought so I can't tell and I already did a bit of it with my hauler, but it seems like what they should have done was having different tiers of contraband that would lead to different type of actions if scanned by security forces, doesn't make sense to treat some guy bringing in some booze and tobacco the same way you would a guy bringing weaponry to rebels in your station.

The economy in general is kind of shitty, static, and bland. Everything operates on such a vast scale that there's never remotely a need to diversify your goods; you just pick whatever will sell best and buy that, and only that, and you won't notice significant supply/demand effects. No variety.

I like ED because of the retarded level of fanboyism displayed by some of the players, mainly Pecisk and Privata. Those two assholes are completely deluded and I enjoy reading their cringy as fuck post on the forums.

It's like watching a trainwreck in slow motion. While some swear on their mom's grave that the game is drawing in new players, all numbers are down even though they just released a new content patch.

It keeps me entertained until SC and NMS trainwrecks.

The devs seem to add things nobody wanted or asked for. PvP arenas, Factions that you can do nothing with, now the Engineer grind.