WARHAMMER

git gud edition

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.totalwar.com/discussion/178162/dlc-unearthed
youtube.com/watch?v=9Uw8yui-HsM
youtube.com/watch?v=Czf18nGIqL8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You know how Orks in warhammer use their teeth as currency?
And it's kinda brilliant because it's a self regulating monetary system that is balanced to the number, and type of orks and also encourages them to fight?
There's this comic called Orc Stain where the currency is orc dicks.
They chop each other dicks off and cut the dick into slices and petrify it, and that's their coins, with the tip part being worth more.
It's a similiar system and also, obviously, encourages them to beat the shit out of each other for profit.

Here is a real game kid.

I'd be happy to play it, once they get it working well enough that it won't crash every 5-10 turns in the campaign.

MAH NIGGA

THIS

Call of Warhammer: Beginning of the ends Times is much better than the mediocre shit of TW warhammer.

Try to play it using the .bat file.

It works for me well.

Its what I do. Problem is the shit is broken, pure and simple.

No Lustria no buy

Where the fuck is the Bret update?

Nobody gives a shit about the Grail niggers.

Is the armageddon game any good?

see

Its made to be like Panzer General or Panzer Corps in Warhammer 40k. Those were both good games, but I can't really attest to the 40k game as I have not played it.

Muh Lady.

Must be tough getting all the love from the devs like that…

I'm having a really annoying time trying to settle on a decent army composition as orcs. I have access to everything but giants and Arachnaroks and I struggle pretty hard against the basic Empire stacks of handgunners, halberdiers and mortars. Cavalry get chewed up by the handgunners on approach and mauled if the halberds manage to intercept them, archers both on foot and mounted get outranged and outdamaged by the handgunners, and the mortars outrange and outdamage both goblin catapults and rock lobbas so trying to whittle the handgunners down before infantry charges is generally a losing proposition.

The composition I've had the best results with is 4 units of night goblin archers left out on the flank in skirmish just to get some whittling damage done and maybe bait a unit or two into chasing them forever to get flanked by a unit or two of boars or wolf/spider archers and then all the rest of the army just being bigun spam that charges straight in as soon as the goblins start shooting. This always results in narrow victories with significant losses in the big boy squads and necessitates a fuckload of microing of the cavalry units and archers which doesn't seem like the optimal strategy to deal with what's essentially the AI just marching a big line at you without any tactics. I've tried mixing in different amounts of cavalry of all the different types, black orcs, goblin swordsmen and a couple trolls but it seems to always come down to the big boys doing all the work while cavalry and monsters break and flee before accomplishing much.

You niggers actually bought this game?

I bet it plays no better than Attila, and that was a mediocre game at best.

Do those towers look like big veiny dicks on purpose?

Also, fuck these incessant CA marketing threads.

Yeah they look like dicks on purpose. The entire comic is dick focused. The antagonists goal is to find the severed dick of a god. It's fucking great.

Looks enjoyable though

Its almost like the game isn't a steaming pile of shit, but is actually fun…
I know >>>Holla Forums seems to have trouble comprehending the concept at times, but there is such a thing as a game that is enjoyable to play.

If you buy games that have Denuvo then you are the cancer.

Oh I'm sorry. I'll try to insure that the games I enjoy line up better with your political agenda next time.

How much are they paying you user? Is it basically something you do along side your job kind of like once a month, or do you get paid just to do this? Is it like a salary, or do they pay you by the post?

i wonder as well, there's no way a respectable user from Holla Forums would shell out money for this turd of a warscape powered game with a ost that makes you sleep

You enjoy being a anti consumer rights bottom bitch for corporations don't you?

Is Denuvo really leaving you fuckers that assblasted?
If you won't get the game thats your business, but at least have enough self respect to not just sit around here and bitch at anyone else who happens to enjoy something, simply because you are too poor to take part. Its just sad. Go play something else you do enjoy instead.

No faggot. You will get shit on for being a denuvo cuck and you will like it.

Shit, I've been trying to think of the name of that for ages. That's some good taste you got there user.

Eat a fucking dick, combat is fixed and so are most if not all of the issues.

WTF where they thinking?!!?!?!

GW logic 101

Either A) They weren't and they don't care at all what the companies they give the license to do with it so long as they don't go against canon, which makes sense with how many garbage 40k phone games get put out these days.
Or B) They're doing it specifically because Fantasy tabletop is dead because rumor has it the reason there weren't a lot of Warhammer videogames being made a while back was because they thought they'd be in direct competition with the tabletop. Now that almost no one's buying Fantasy minis they don't care if it eats into the sales.

embed related at 2:10

Go play Rome 1 and see how much better it was 12 years ago.

Holy shit, aare you actively trying to spread misinfo by showing shittu footage?
Check 1:15

shamefull

The footage can speak for itself just fine. As can your ability to form complete sentences.

2:45 embed related

Are you retarded?
The dumbass player fucked up the charge.
You can see the Chaos cavalry tearing trought the Brettonians lines like they were butter in the next few minutes.
Stop spreading misinfo you fucking nigger

They fixed Rome II charges in Atilla.

Game is fine. Not great, not total shit. Just like Attila was.

This is why we can tell you're a shill, nobody from here would have this opinion. Why? Because shitty DRM software constantly running in the background hurts performance regardless of how it is applied. So please fuck off, and don't come back.

Nice ID change

hey thats some nice evidence you got there user. i can totally trust you over developers who run tests with drm on and off to see if it affects performance

If you like the imperial guard, youre gonna have a field day with ALL OF THE TANKS!!
Theres all the lemann russ variants, also artillery and all youd liike to see the IG use.
Also, the campaing has multiple routes to take, so theres some replayability.

They fixed the engine so now it feels more like rome 1 and medieval 2 than rome 2.

So did the chinks give up on denuvo?

I can not for the life of me figure out how to beat Azhag's Crown battle, or how it got into the game how it is
This is a quest that becomes available potentially in the first ten turns yet the only thing I can think of that might work for it is a full army of giants or arachnaroks or maybe even my own trolls, and if you picked Azhag as your starter Lord and leave the battle that long then you should have just picked Grimgor since by arachnarok time you'd be getting your second lord anyway.

Yes, they have. The age of AAA pirating is going to be over soon. It can't come soon enough. Piratefag parasites will soon be forced to actually play old vidya exclusively instead of just shitposting about it.

If you guys complain about anything complain about Denuvo.

The bats are weak to anything that can shoot at them or you can park one melee unit on your arty to defend it from their attack.
Chaos trolls are big, mean, tough and have fuck all for leadership. Hit them with anything that can break a regular unit and they usually break quickly. When they break, make sure you pursue them with a unit or two.

You could either make some effort not to be obvious as fuck or you could just admit you are a marketer. But you choose neither and, instead, talk like a retard.

Orcs have garbage options for ranged though, neither goblins nor arrer boys make a significant dent in the bats and vargheists before they get engaged in melee and end up breaking. Breaking the trolls takes a long time too because the enemy chaos lord parks himself right in the middle of them and while they do eventually break its usually not before doing significant damage to my line which leaves the boys unable to handle the following army of undead and shit.

Pic related is me attempting it with the army they give you when you try to fight the battle through the main menu which is horribly underequipped for it. This was like my fourth try at it, two with a custom campaign army and two with the premade, just after finishing off the troll line and the post battle screen showing the chaos shit from the first phase. The reason Azhag is out that far is because I figured I'd try sniping the necromancer which naturally didn't work, I don't get why they give Azhag the crown and wyvern in the premade fight since he couldn't possibly have the crown for it in the campaign and probably wouldn't have the wyvern either.

I remember hearing it was atrociously buggy and unfinished on release (for instance something about your objectives not being stated clearly in some missions). Have they updated it significantly since release?

you have to use your wolf archers and boar boyz to tie up people so you can move in melee manz and finish the job

Aren't they supposed to have shitty ranged? Like… they're orcs.

You should stop believing everything you read on the internet. I pre-ordered ( fuck you, its my money, i will throw it in a fireplace if i want to) and it had no problems for me, installed it in 3mins and have been playing ever since. Peope complaining simply have to face the fact that they have a shitty computer and should upgrade their computer wih a better video card, the game itself when played IN A COMPUTER THAT CAN SUPPORT IT, is gonna run flawlessly, i swear to god, there where people in the forums complaining about the game not running on windows XP, for fucks sake guys, stop being so dumb.

All in all, ignore the retards, the game is very good, the only problems so far have been, believe it or not, a LACK of DLC.

As i said previously, Holla Forums has been in a state of frustration and rage so perpetual they can no longer recognize a good game even if they shoved it up our nostrils.

Also, get fucked poorfags, stop complainning and go upgrade your fucking 1980's piece of junk. This was not meant to be played on a toaster.

You can like a game and still see glaring flaws.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It's an enemy composition with clear counters but orcs just don't really have the units that do that countering. Any other race would just shoot the bats to pieces but orc ranged options can't do much against them and instead just get routed.

Tie up what though? The trolls? The fliers? The undead? The trolls chew through them really fast, the bats and vargheists just fly straight over them to kill the archers, and when it's time to fight the undead the melee line is so fucked from dealing with the first two that there's not enough left to move in and attack the stuff being engaged by the boars.

I swear to god trying to keep a good chaos army going late game with brettonians around
They have 3 level fucking 30 agents assassinating my generals and my level 30 agents who seem to fail assassinating every time even with a 70% chance

and their fucking armies are massive cunts on the battlefield who I cant even hit half the time because no missile troops other than shitty horsemen nobody uses or the hellcannon

you just want to slow problem units down a bit and make a hasty retreat. you have to git gud when you're evenly matched with orcs. i cant do shit unless i have a backup waagh following me in campaign, scenario battles kick my ass every time

You liking it only means you have shit taste.

I'm just saying, every faggot that bought this piece of shit basically paid for a game, at best, missing 1/4 of the basic content.

And they bought a new TW game by CA, running on the Warscape engine, with the same lack of proper collision simulator (and no, you fucker, the "emulation" of it is shit, get fucked), 1 on 1 death animations, retarded AI, broken game mechanics, shallow diplomacy, etc.

And now they're in this thread, spreging out on their buyer's remorse high.

or are you just sperging out on sour grapes? there is nothing to gain from going into every warhammer thread going

shit man if you ignore it then people talk about it in a contained area and if theres not much to talk about the thread dies instead of turning into 300 posts of shit flinging about the latest aaa flavour of the month

There's plenty to gain. We're discussing a shit game being shit. You're displaying the typical drone behavior.

You liking the game doesn't make it not objectively shit.

Yeah, nah, go fuck yourself shill.

hey thanks for the reply, make sure to buy the brettonia warhammer™ dlc when it comes out. every butt hurt salty post gives me more shekels goy

Except you aren't discussing a shit game being shit, you're just regurgitating buzzwords, bullshit and misinformation you heard other people use before without knowing what the fuck you're talking about.
The game has six factions, five if you don't count Bretonnia because they don't have a campaign, at most that's 1/5th.
Units collide just fine
Only exist on monstrous creatures which is a feature people have expected from Warhammer games since Dawn of War
AI's just fine, no more retarded than AI in any other game
Basically as specific and meaningless a complaint as saying "it's shit"
There's like four different kinds of alliances and like twenty different factors in how factions view each other, I don't see how that's shallow.

if i know there's no convincing someone no matter how much proof i have then why put any effort into a reply?

fuck off to reddit or 4chan if you want a corporate-sponsored consumer whore hugbox

i can taste the irony from this post. if you hate games so much why even come to Holla Forums? unless its just new games, then why not go to /vr/ or /tg/?

what makes it better?

At least go shitpost on the Overeatch thread, the shills there are literally trying to hide every single one of the games flaws.

Lustria is going to be in the first expansion pack, along with the knife ears.

So anons, what do you think of Man O'War Corsair?

No, its going to be the knife ears and filthy fucking rat scum because that what most people know

Its pretty shite

While orc arrer boys aren't going to beat crossbowmen or thunders in a firefight they can add some morale breaking fire to a melee. Against those trolls, you'll find the trolls quickly breaking.
Alternately try the night gobling archers. They do slightly less damage, but give the poisoned debuff when they hit their targets.

It's already been confirmed the first paid DLC will be the tree hugging hippies and chaos furries.

Just the Beastmen?
No Skaven?

Nope. Skaven will be the last DLC.

Both Woodelves and Beastmen will be together. Skaven is last

are there any dates on the dlc?

Source?

Hes talking about armageddon, learn to read.

I don't know how they're going to fit beastmen and wood elves in the forest, the map feels kind of cramped as is. I guess if beastmen are another horde army then they'd only have to fit the elves but even that seems iffy with the size of their forest, unless the elves will also be a horde which seems questionable.

You could not make it any more obvious you don't belong here. Stop bumping your shitty thread and kill yourself

nice try double agent reddit man

Look at all the reddit in this thread. It really is summer.

Here's a forum post
forums.totalwar.com/discussion/178162/dlc-unearthed

And some videos
youtube.com/watch?v=9Uw8yui-HsM
youtube.com/watch?v=Czf18nGIqL8

But why do you say that Skaven will be the last?
Nothing on those points towards that.

They're going to build hype.

The Skaven are basically everyone's favorite race and play a role on par with Chaos in the end times. Mark my words right here and now, we're going to have to sit through 10+ pieces of DLC/FLC before we get to the filthy rat people.

Good

I can't wait for the Lizardmen
I am ready for this

I want to purge Skaven for the Old Ones plan and fly a spaceship out of the planet to create the Tyranids

So are the elves and beastmen part of the free 12 dlc they promised or paid dlc packs?

also orks are probably the most fun campaign to play

They only show one faction in the free dlc list and that's confirmed to be Bretonnia I'm pretty sure so they'll almost certainly be paid.

this fucking sorcerer wont get out of the fucking way and it wont let me kill him. what the fuck is he doing? is this a glitch?

That's fucking new. Who thought of this?

why does chaos not have daemons…
I want daemons…

but seriously how do you attack heroes by themselves?

Heroes by themselves are basically just agents. Send another hero to kill them.

apparently they were planning on adding those but ran into time constraints. so probably will end up as dlc somewhere

got back to playing Roma Surrectum,steam is a fucking pain in the ass since the game crashes when you try to pick certain unit like cataphracts or play the goddamn campaign,but it's still fun and a good looking game

Nah man you're doing something wrong but i can't say specifically what since i can't see it. Unless the undead are comprised of wraiths you should deal with them pretty easily as the orcs

ai either gets some strange buffs or is doing something gud im not paying attention to. if you play undead you get your ass kicked by orcs, if you play orcs, undead kick your ass. only time i win is by sheer numbers of units

That's exactly how the orcs have kicked my ass. They're a horder faction and rely on numbers more than the undead. The orcs are the only faction i fight in which i have to win by quality. Not to mention this game has a better AI than previous games from what i've seen. You may be getting beat in stats of the monsters. For example the ORC BIG UNS i believe are effective against big units so have they in the front with poison gobllin archers behind them. Behind that line have normal infantry with artillery behind those for four lines. When the bats come in swarm those faggots as they attack you archers and have the poison goblins always attack the easy to hit trolls while the big uns battle. Usually you don't have to worry about friendly fire as long as the enemy towers over your units. The undead should be fought with the normal infantry while artillery pounds whoever you think is best.
Orcs were my second biggest enemy when i was at war with the first being those faggot bretonnians and their flying magic cavalry. If the undead brings wraiths
RETREAT

It's called lack of content you kikeworshipers shithead.

I know its bullshit, I mean I love warriors but the best we get is some corrupted and abominations

what do think the c in dlc stands for you mouth breathing miser?

It stands for the cock that the greedy devs are shoving up your boypussy you stupid drone.