Sunset Overdrive

What happened with this?
Did it fell under the radar?
Metacritic doesn't seem to be harsh with it.

I always confuse the two

People played it (yes, even on Holla Forums), it got it's discussion, and people have moved on to shitposting about other xbone games.

DUDE
NEOGAF
LMAO

Does it mean it's good?
Holla Forums only discusses about bad and meme games

It was actually a pretty good game. It took the piss out of itself, and the industry in general.

It was kind of unique, in the sense that it was a game that was one big cheat code.

Gameplay and style are pretty good. Personally I especially liked the style.
Writing was thoroughly awful.

I played it very briefly on a buddy's Xbone. It felt eerily automatic to me. Like, I just kinda snapped to the rails, and never felt in danger of falling off. Even hitting a wall just made me turn around instantly. Massively disappointing, since I wanted something closer to Tony Hawk or Jet Set Radio. I don't remember if there was straight up auto aiming or not, but I also remember just looking vaguely in the direction of a mass of enemies and pressing fire while grinding, so it wasn't like the skating was simplified for the sake of complex combat. And the dialogue was as obnoxious as you can possibly imagine.
It was the one Xbone game that looked kinda cool and it fell really flat for me. For the half hour or so I played, anyways.

Looks like a game it would be awesome to co-op.
Shame it's not on PC, it gives me a very Saints Row kinda vibe.

I found that a lot of the challenge comes from being forced to keep your combo or whatever it was meter up, since beating the defense challenges and more difficult enemies requires chaining a lot of different movement so you can deal enough damage.

Unrelated but i doubt the thread is gonna get much more attention.
My gf owns this because of Humble Monthly, should i get it for this price, considering i will exclusively co-op?

It probably would be a lot of fun, but unfortunately the "co-op" side is just a bunch of dumb challenges if I remember correctly.

You didn't hear anyone talk about it because it was on the Xbone.

That's what i was afraid of.
Most people here don't own a xbone, nor want one me included
A fate similar to Demon's Souls

sage for unrelated

You could just buy the base game for cheaper and use the dlc unlocked if it's still being updated. Otherwise I guess it's not a terrible price.

The difference is that Demon's Souls is a good game.

Its coming to PC, might give it a pirate.

It's a good prototype, see.
I would like to see it revamped with a better physic and better graphics, but no change to the gameplay other than that.

W H A T
Sauce.

Just buy the base game and use a DLC unlocker.

Bumb

It was one of the games featured on one of the images on the play anywhere segment at E3.

xbone exclusive that didn't appeal to cod kiddies or fifa dudebros so nobody played it. it looked pretty fun though so i'm hoping for a pc port

But it's coming, isn't it?
I thoug h Microshit announced at the E3 that they'll port it over?

the devs went back to Sony so we won't be getting it on pc.

I'm pretty sure it was only upcoming games they were porting, we aren't even getting the Halo collection or Halo 5, not that I want Halo 5 but the collection would be nice.

At least well have Halo 3 Anniversary

Its one of the games Id definitely play first if I had an Xbone, I hope microshit ports it to windows 10

pretty sure xbone owners are the rarest pokemon on Holla Forums

I liked it, even SOME of the writing because it was light-hearted and not typical LOL SO RANDOM. Fun parkour, colorful, multiplayer is tacked on comp co-op, it will come to PC but only Windows 10 so if you wanna play it get a used Xbone.

Pretty sure it's Windows 10 only. If you downgrade to the botnet for the promise of a few shitty games you're a retard. Just see if you can an xbone for cheap.

Is there such a thing?

Why are these quads unchecked?

Because most people don't like to shitpost

Refurbed versions are pretty cheap. That's how I got mine, and I haven't had any issues with it yet.

Fucking normalshits

No, I distinctly remember Sunset Overdrive being ported specifically. Also
It happens all the time fam.

I'm having trouble getting into it. I really like the themes and setting, the style is rad as fuck, but the writing is complete garbage. I think it's the bad voice acting and boring character interactions that do it.

I suspect this didn't get much attention because it's an xbone exclusive and no one really had one of those when it came out, due in no small part to Microsoft's fuckery.

isn't that shit already cracked?
Forza Apex can already be played without UWP

I will say one thing though, the soundtrack is fucking awesome.

It's one of like, three games on the XBone worth playing that isn't on PC, so nobody played it.

I'd love to see a source on the PC port but obviously you can't give one because it's not coming over ever, no matter how I much I want it to.

remember when they kept talking about how fast this game was. It's really fast. Did you know how fast the action is?!

And then they showed gameplay and it was slow as fuck but your character had little speed lines coming out the back of him.

Microsoft.