DUH MUH CUH 3 PEE CEE

Why is this shit allowed to be sold, any why isn't there a HD version on PC like RE4.

I'll post a vola with all the music files if you want them in a moment.

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.io/r/kDFIhk
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_3:_Dante's_Awakening#Controller_support
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Input_lag
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Input_lag#Ways_to_reduce_input_lag
my.mixtape.moe/rcynmq.zip
filthypants.blogspot.fr/2015/06/latency-testing.html
libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5428
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

git gud. DMC3 is objectively better on PC

All it has is loading times but everything else it lacks in

Stay mad your toaster can't run it

IF you're talking about MotionInJoy you've been living under a damn rock. Check out SCPToolkit

The entirety of Mission 18 boss battles are inverted colors; the same colors during Quicksilver usage.

I've tried it with SCP still just see's it as the DS3 because it looks at devices how they are in the device manager and refuses to detect it's buttons and even if it did work the triggers still aren't detected.

lol what a shitter

Nope, the retarded ponyfag in charge of that fucked up absolutely everything, unless you're using Win10 just use the old SCP driver, it just werks.

It used to be much less terrible back when it released, I ran it with almost no problems (just button mapping stuff) back when it released, guess it only works properly on an older XP rig.

I've not updated my version for a while what happened?

Style Switcher fixes most of that and some other problems with bugged graphics and such.

Latest version simply refuses to install the service properly on several of my machines, older versions have CPU usage spikes randomly, it has a fucking stupid GUI that serves absolutely no purpose except being shit and useless, it install a ton of shit you will never use.

What a dumbass.

worked absolutely fine for me; one or two of the buttons were awfully mapped on controller but i learned to deal with it

You seriously don't realize he's baiting you?

Also
I'm pretty sure the special editions ARE the HD versions.

and people are baffled when you say pc gaming is full of problems.

this is why i stick with console games.

I caught on when he said toaster I just didn't expect him to keep playing retard.

No it's just a version of the special edition that was also on PS2 but for PC, it doesn't actually have any HD resolutions in the files. 1024 * 768 is the highest res it reaches without mods, it's also without mods still 4:3 no matter what you set it too..

Kind of funny you posted this today, just got my copy of DMC3 for the PS2 in the mail a few minutes ago.

Ah. I suppose I assumed that since that's what DMC4SE is. Shame really that Capcom probably won't fix this since Capcom never fixes shit.

the vola is half done.

My internet says 2MB upload but vola ways 200kb/s

BetterDS3. Use it faget.

What now?
I did not have that problem, nor have I heard of such an issue.
Also, needing motionjoy is the DS3's problem, not DMC3's.

You have 2 megaBITS, not megaBYTES, and since one megabyte equals 8 megabits that means you have 250 kilobytes.

Simply google it, you'll find miles of Zeta board, steam discussion of people with PC's miles above the specs suddenly in area's dropping to 20fps and the fix is simply deleting the music because it's that badly implemented.

It's an issue since it detects the controller and not the input, any other game will detect Xbox 360 A press and take it not caring about the source.
DMC3 for what ever reason works like it needs to detect the controller and have it's inputs written into it and then it "tries" to convert it to xinput meaning the issue can't be simply bypassed with SCP server.

No it's bytes, I just said 200 KB as an estimate since Vola isn't showing my upload

Up to 30% it was uploading at the right speed which is why I said in a moment which was 2 hours ago

volafile.io/r/kDFIhk

Install that shit. You can even turn off the style switching and still enjoy the technical improvements/fixes.

Just fucking emulate it?
Fucking imbeciles.

Top kek

What problems?
There are both widescreen and style switching patches.
It werks perfectly, unlike fucking PC port.

Ayy lmao

I hear DMC emulation is pretty damn good, so I hope I can run it fine.

God Hand suffers this issue as well.

Which music files in specific do you need to delete, or is it literally all the music?

If it's just one or two tracks I could live with it but all the music or music and a gaggle of sound effects would be a dealbreaker.

Looks like toaster/shitty monitor problem.

Shitty monitor? Grasping at straws, he's playing both versions on his pc. He obviously can run both fine and this is a known issue with emulating the game. I never understand posters like you that actually argue fruitlessly in front of facts to save face on an anonymous image board.

Problem is clearly on his end.

Nobody's baffled by that. There's just a lot to say back about it.

To play games from 2005? I mean I know DMC3SE has a HD but for the most part 8th gen consoles don't have much to say for older titles. DMC3 is the only game I ever came across that had slowdown from audio. It's the porting team's fault, not PC as a platform.

And you can still play the console version of DMC3SE on PC via emulation if one were so inclined.

I owned the original game, got the special edition, got the HD, then got the PC version. I'd play the PC version any day with the Style Switcher mod.

DMC4/SE at 120fps on a 120Hz display is pretty nice, too.

Man could you post the 360 controller setup configs and shit? I haven't been able to get my 360 pad working with it.

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_3:_Dante's_Awakening#Controller_support

I tried this. I THINK the issue was getting triggers working? I'm not sure.

Emulation always adds input lag, it's a fact.

It would be nice to have a source on that fact.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Input_lag

So does v-sync but everyone from normalfags to enthusiasts use it. They all say they've gotten used to it, lol. I turn that shit off for every game ever.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Input_lag#Ways_to_reduce_input_lag

Yes, I too stick with an obviously inferior platform because there's not one game (that I know of) that has bugs on consoles.

Just try style switcher. It's not the simplest to install but it made my DS4 work along with DS4Windows.

So, OP the pc port of dmc3se actually has some bug that makes main game thread sleep 10ms every frame when the level ambient music is paused (e.g. when you are in battle and battle bgm is playing). So to fix this fuckery you'll need a patched exe.
Here's how to do it:
1.First you'll need an unpacked exe; if you have steam version(exe size is approx 1mb) then you'll need a cracked one(from gamecopyworld or something).
2. Then you'll need to hexedit an exe at offset 0x4B54 (it's in hex) and change 6A 0A to C3 90. Remember to back up your file in case you fuck up.
3. After that you will probably want to install styleswitcher mod cause it adds proper widescreen and xinput support.

If you don't want to bother with patching you can set DisableBGMEngine=1 in StyleSwitcher.ini doing this will disable all ingame music if you don't mind it.
I dunno about everyone but after the fix my framedrops dissapeared (and my pc is kind of old already). I uploaded edited exe in case you are feeling brave and don't want to bother, but you probably should not trust random fucks on the internet. Link is my.mixtape.moe/rcynmq.zip

Why the fuck would it be programmed to stop every frame? This is ubisoft-tier incompetence
Malwarebytes says its clean

Doing god's work, user

Should format and add all this to the PCGwiki

So did this help anyone at all? It definitely helped me with low CPU usage and fps going to shit in battles, but who knows what else could be broken. I just took a quick look at exe with ollydbg and found this out.

It does seem better, but I can't tell how much. Shame that fixing the glitchy looping is probably far more complicated.

I'm not sure if you're baiting or just retarded.

Pic related is the explanation for every single issue the PC port of DMC3 has

If emulators didn't cause input lag they wouldn't need way to reduce it, it also says reduce and not negate, and before you go all smartass on us and say "but it says vsync', all emulator force syncing to a specific framerate or the game plays at the wrong speed which by default will cause a delay.

If you don't believe it you can skim through all the shmupforums/GroovyMAME forums threads about that particular subject.

There's also been a few comparison made in regards to Retroarch having bad input lag on some SNES cores:
filthypants.blogspot.fr/2015/06/latency-testing.html
libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5428

Anyways it's not that hard to grasp that additional abstraction layers cause additional processing time meaning additional input lag.

On top of that PCSX2 has stopped supporting exclusive fullscreen mode forever ago so you have to deal with both windowed which adds input lag and desktop composition (aero on 7, dwm.exe on later windows) which in itself adds a layer of vsync and therefore input lag compared to the PC port which does exclusive fullscreen.

Sourcenext is to blame for the bad port, not Ubisoft, same deal for the RE4 and Onimusha 3 ports.