IT'S TIME FOR A HARDWARE THREAD!

IT'S TIME FOR A HARDWARE THREAD!

So, my mouse's been crapping out lately, I figure it's time to get a new one. I've been enjoying my Logitech g400, but it's just not that sturdy. What are some good gaming mice that won't do weird stuff to my computer within a less than a year of buying it?

What kind of keyboard do you use? Speakers or headset?

Other urls found in this thread:

trust.com/en/
amazon.com/MSI-Gaming-Headset-Microphone-DS501/dp/B015P85X9O
amazon.com/Superlux-HD668B-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B003JOETX8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466534175&sr=8-1&keywords=superlux hd668b studio monitoring headphones
amazon.com/V-MODA-BoomPro-Gaming-Headset-Headphone/dp/B00BJ17WKK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466534356&sr=8-1&keywords=v-moda boompro microphone
amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466534414&sr=8-1&keywords=Zalman ZM-MIC1
amazon.com/FiiO-E10K-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/dp/B00LP3AMC2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466534483&sr=8-1&keywords=fiio e10k olympus 2 usb dac and headphone amplifier
geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

here's something that might be helpful.

I need to buy a new headsets. what are some good not very expensive ones?

Audio Technica have some nice midrange headsets.

I snaked some G430s for $40 during a Logitech sale on Amazon, but normally they're about $70-80.

They work alright, and they're comfortable. The only downside is that you need the USB dongle to get surround sound, but that's only an issue if you're using a laptop with limited ports.

I use a G400 now, but what's wrong with the G600?
I used one for about two months and it seemed fine.
That entire list actually seems quite suspect.

Same thing happened to me the other day.
Same mouse.

so I found a local store selling a lot of stuff from this store trust.com/en/ anyone have any experience with it?

why are you doing this user

Logitech G400s

DasKeyboard 4 Professional

Yeah, logitech headsets are comfortable, but the surround sound sucks. It's just lots of shitty speakers instead of two decent ones. Also, they have terrible build quality and usually fall apart within a year.

WASD Keyboard and some dull black Logitech mouse that I can't even remember the model

Been that way for 4 years

do you have one of these for keyboards?

Can anybody suggest me a good one under $130?

If I've gone through 2 Logitech g400 mice in 2 years, why would I get a g400s? Is it actually more durable?

Must be lucky then, since mine have been going strong for about 18 months now.

As for surround sound, my guess is that user wasn't looking for high quality sound.

G710, G710+ if you want Browns instead of Blues. Both are relatively cheap, fullsize with TK, and a couple macros that can come in handy. Only downside is that they've got the "gamer" aesthetic, but that's a small complaint.

Sorry, I don't have the keyboard one.

I got my G400 replaced by tech support (because the cable was faulty) and I haven't had a problem with it since. I think I've had it a few years now.

Also, Logitech will pretty much replace anything you buy from them if it breaks. Their mouses also have 3-year warranties by default.

Go for a DasKeyboard. It's about the sturdiest keyboard I've ever used, and without any stupid fucking GAYMUR garbage attached to it. It's just a regular ol' keyboard. They do demand a pretty heafty price, $170 normally. They go on sale every once in a while, which is how I got mine (For $120).

I haven't really got another mouse I could use in the meantime, but thank you.
Did yours ever do weird things? Earlier today my computer wouldn't go past the boot screen unless I had my mouse unplugged. My keyboard wouldn't work either. But take out the mouse and everything works fine.

As far as I know, no. I just leave the GAYMAN software running in the background, because otherwise my mouse settings feel weird.

Sometimes on boot it doesn't respond for a few seconds, but I just assume that it's still loading the drivers or some shit.

check out wasdkeyboards as well.

My babies
bassfag here

also faggots buying headset (or even worse surround sound headsets) and not headphones with a microphone attachment

… gaming software?

Go back to bed Phil

Stop posting this. It's years old.

CAD U37 ($50) and some Sennheiser headphones ($100) will get you WAY better audio quality than even the top-of-the-line headset. You could also buy a modmic and a few clips and get the same fucking thing (headset microphone) for the same price.

It's just shit to configure DPI, polling rate, and custom keys. It actually has some nice macro shit on there, like being able to have it repeat a key every X ms.

Wow, this mouse is 1 year old in 2 days.
Fuck buying another one, tech support had better be able to handle this.

If it's a Logitech, go ahead and call them. I had an old pair of headphones ($160) that legitimately just snapped one day and they replaced them for free.

Call them?
I just opened up a claim on their website, is that not enough?

Seconded. As a fingertip gripper, it's awesome (with X-Mouse controller, you even can convert the whole ball into a boss scroll wheel on-the-fly)

Not listening to your favorite vidya music with high quality speakers

You gotta nag at them, like a jew in order to get some service

Calling them is just faster in my experience. You'll have to talk to some Indian dude but who cares.

You have to e-mail them anyway, and make sure you show proof of purchase (if you got it off Amazon, just the order info from your purchase history will work).

I got it off newegg, but it's not hard to get the info from there.

i don't like spending money

the keyboard has fairly rare switches (only the boards made in japan have them) even though it only cost $30 (and another $30 for the adapter)

my mouse buttons dont come back sometimes, i have been pocastrinating buying a new one for 2 years

Template

Whats so special about the switches?

Had to update a little.

they feel linear, but they actually have a faint tactile bump. typing softly makes you feel it more significantly, but typing loudly (where you're bottoming out every press) it feels more like a linear switch.

amazon.com/MSI-Gaming-Headset-Microphone-DS501/dp/B015P85X9O is this any good? It's in my budget range (50$)

Back to reddit

no you fucking moron. Get Superlux HD 681 for like 30 bucks and xty operator earphone for like 2 bucks

Do you really need a microphone? Are you patient and give your budget 10 dollars more?
If so get an SHP9500 great headphone for its price (when its at $60)

Is this bait?

windows 10 is bait. Thats just a huge faggot

user every Gaming headset is pure shit maybe execpt one or two that costs around 100-200 $
If you really want good audio quality i woud recommend this headset amazon.com/Superlux-HD668B-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B003JOETX8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466534175&sr=8-1&keywords=superlux hd668b studio monitoring headphones
For the mic you have 2 option the "expensive one" amazon.com/V-MODA-BoomPro-Gaming-Headset-Headphone/dp/B00BJ17WKK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466534356&sr=8-1&keywords=v-moda boompro microphone
Anda the poor one amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466534414&sr=8-1&keywords=Zalman ZM-MIC1

Also if you want a good sound quality you should get a DAC/Amplifier like this one amazon.com/FiiO-E10K-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/dp/B00LP3AMC2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466534483&sr=8-1&keywords=fiio e10k olympus 2 usb dac and headphone amplifier

Don't ever buy gaming headsets they are all trash

Holy shit that cable is retarded

Got Sennheiser HD 433 that I found for a fiver from second hand store, and that Zalman mic. They work pretty well.

Or just replace the switches. Sometimes that's worth it if you otherwise like the feel of the mouse and it's performing okay.

>LOL B8 xDDD

fuck that jew

All of those statements are objectively false.

I have the Logitech M570.

I connected my toaster to my stereo. So speakers.

You mean objectively true.

Then repair it.

You do understand the concept of a joke. Dont you user

Good speakers > good headphones

I really only need to mic. I like my 2$ headsets they are comfy but the mic quality is absolute shit. I don't even listen to music so I don't need that much quality.

Ah that's the mouse I was looking for.

6.1 & 6.2 kernels both has literally the same sys reqs
hibernation
don't tell me that you've fallen for that stupid "SSD optimization" articles.
but additional process in the startup sequence

i ate the bait.

you stupid slut.
Do you like when someone forces you to disable defrag manually?
HUH?

I FUCKING HATE PPL LIKE YOU
Same ppl who justify shit, because they're too scared to concede that THEY FUCKED UP!
They're scared to go forward, because they're scared to FUCK THINGS FURTHER!
THAT'S WHY WINDOWS IS STILL ON FUCKING NTFS SINCE 1993!!!

What are you doing man, you started out with a fairly okay post but then you devolved into samefagging

does anybody know about those new gpus coming out? Im living in Europe (Austria to be specific), and im trying to piece together a good build, and i don't know what CPU to use… can anybody help?

Does anyone have an updated sheet?

Years later and the G400 is still the shittiest mouse I have ever had the displeasure of using in my entire fucking life.

Intellemouse/Wheel mouse > all

I use a deathadder but it's getting annoying replacing it every couple years becuase the left click starts double clicking.
Keyboard is a cmstorm quickfire rapid, nice minimal tenkeyless with MXred switches.
I use a set of Klipsch bookshelf speakers and a few different pairs of headphones depending on what I feel like usually I use etymotic IEMs because they're surprisingly comfy

I'm not completely in the know about the newest cards, but I recommend buying the previous year's GPUs. Improvements across years isn't very significant, so the money you save by buying a slightly older model outweighs the small power decrease.

Tell me your price range, what kind of power you'd expect out of it, etc and I can try to help you out

get an amd RX480 performance looks to be around a gtx 970/980 and it's only $200 in USA not sure how much it would be in Austria though.

Well shit. I have a Razer Mamba 2012. It was a gift though. Been working fine until last few months where it has begun to flip shit and get stuck on the x or y axis randomly. Becoming unsable until it magically unfucks itself. Been thinking of getting a Zowie FK1+ since it is pretty close in size to the mamba.

Is there really a noticable difference between optical and laser mice? The mamba is laser and I haven't really had any problems with it. Disabled all acceleration in windows with some program that was floating around a while ago too. But I guess they have acceleration regardless according to that picture.

The G400 and G400s are apparently discontinued. What is their successor?

Mouse: G502 proteus core
Keyboard: G910 Orion Spark
Headset: Creative "Fatal1ty" best headset for sub 30 dollars.
Speakers: Logitech Z623 (These are seriously some of the best speakers I've ever heard/have owned.)

If you're looking for Logitech, currently either G402 or G502. Except that the "Proteus Core" version of G502 got discontinued a month or two ago in favor of "Proteus Spectrum" which is the same but with multicolor leds instead, and costs more. The G502 that I have already got double-clicking problems after only 3 months. Can't say I'm happy about that at all. The extra buttons are useless unless you're listening to music while on the computer.

git outta here

The M570 is comfy as fuck to use.

The best one

CPU: Intel i5-3570K @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme 4
RAM: 16GB DDR3-1866
GPU: AMD Sapphire 7970 Ghz 3GB @ 1175Mhz Core | 1500Mhz Memory
Keyboard: Topre Type Heaven
Mouse: Zowie FK1
Mousepad: Artsian Hayate L Soft
Monitor: ASUS VG248QE @120hz [LightBoost/Strobelight]
Microphone: Shure PG-58 + Behringer Xenyx302USB
Headphones: Sony MDR-V6

Pretty sure the G502s is one of the best corded mice that came out in the last few years.

Aside of letting him suffer the next month (router never kicks me off the network), what's the basics to shopping for a good one? I'm looking for it to at least last 3 years, since that's about the time one needs to upgrade if I understand correctly?

make your own

That's not happening.

Do not get a g400 or a g400s don't believe the memes.
The g400s fixes the cable issues. But both of them are covered in a hideous rubber that attracts grime like it's crack cocaine, and you can bet your ass you CAN'T clean that shit off.
I'm thinking of ordering a zowie from over seas. Since I doubt I can buy one in australia and not have to pay 400 bucks.

How the fuck does this mouse work, Holla Forums?

its pretty easy to make your computer a router

I had a Zowie FK, didn't last 16 months before the right click stopped functioning. Their customer support is also shit.

this makes me physically ill

It just does, duh

My dad owns one, apparently it works the same way as a regular mouse but you don't get physical indication as to where the click keys are, fucking retarded i tell you

I actually had to use these back in high school. For starters it's literally just 1 button. Other models might have a right click but the ones I had didn't.

ad700s are the dankest shit ever, and possibly saved my life. passed out at my desk one day and fell out of my chair, woke up to find a large dent on the left ear cup. they still work perfectly.

Toaster from 12 years ago.

even easier

I'm going to buy a Xeon engineering sample.
16 cores for half of what a 4 core sky lake sells for.

thoughts on this?

this board has IDs, go to cuckchan or get a proxy

Biggest mistake I've ever made.

So is this list just total bullshit?
What the fuck kind of mouse should I be on the lookout for?

geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

>>9788941
Hi helpful user, it's that user from yesterday, just on another Computer, i had to go to bed before i could answer you. (it sure sucks to live 6 hours apart from each other, assuming you live in America) anyhow, im looking to save up and buy each part individually, and im about to reach what would be 200 Dollars for the cpu, im looking Forward at least ps3/360 multplats in 60 fps, what would be my best bet?

Wew.

The holy trinity of shit.

So where is everybody on headphones?

Best trackball mouse ever made.

the g400 is notorious for its shitty cable, I've had a few and they don't usually last more than 6 months with daily use before they become paperweights

I just got my Zowie FK1+. Too early to say what it is really like but I'm liking it so far. I unplugged my razer mamba 2012 and made it watch as I uninstalled the stupid bullshit hardware drm that razer made me put in my pc just to use the damn thing properly, with my new mouse.

The lack of "pro gam3r" in zowie's branding is nice to say the least.

Best $45 I ever spent.

Are there any durable headphones that aren't $3000 audiophile placebos? Alternatively, does anyone know where I can buy replacement parts for ATH-M50s?

Sony MDR 7506 are invincible. You'll need to replace the earpads almost exactly one year after buying them, but they're fine until then.

If you listen to music or watch movies, then there's little chance that a pair of 7506 or V6 weren't involved.

It comes with an exploded view panel of the headphones for easy repair. A little niglet of a child tore out one of the little lines coming out of the cup and it took only around 20 minutes and a soldering iron to fix; sounds fine. Most of the time was getting the earpad off and on.

As for sound, it has a breaking in period of around 6 months before it sounds utterly natural. Initial breaking in period only took a few hours of listening for me, while the 6 month period refers to a long term maturity of the sound. It hasn't changed in a year for me, and I've had it for about 2 years.
I've yet to find a device that couldn't power the thing: it's extremely sensitive.
I don't know if its my ears or what, but after listening at a high volume for around 40 minutes it seems to become a little quieter and seems to be able to output a wider "dynamic range" for lack of a better term. It becomes easier to pick out directional sounds.
All of this is minuscule and are merely my acute observations over years of near constant use.

Sometimes some windows programs seem to output a very low volume high pitch whine through them that I haven't detected from any other pair of headphones. It seems like a windows issue, because I can use the normal Windows volume mixer to mute sounds and it goes away. Even switching window attention can set it off or stop it. Doesn't happen on Linux. Got worse after the niglet tore out the cable and my shoddy soldering work repaired it. It's minuscule and barely noticeable. It goes away when other sounds play.

I bought a set of Avantree Auditions, and they've lasted me two years now with no signs of failure. The headband is metal with a fabric cover, so durability shouldn't be much of an issueThey're primarily Bluetooth, but they have the standard aux jack, and they fit my massive head fairly comfortably too, so not bad for 60~ bucks. They have a premium version now, I don't know what the real difference is yet, but they look pretty comfy.

OP, what the hell do you do to your mice? Throw them against walls and slam them into your desk? I've had my g400 for so many years that the buttons and logo have long ago worn off from use. and I still don't have any problems with it.

funny, on mine the left ear completely broke. Worthless shit.

I just started using this. It's really comfy for browsing the web, but I don't think I'm going to be proficient enough with it to play games any time soon.
Does anyone actually play games with a trackball? How long did it take to get used to it?

Aren't those total shit?

Have had it for a few months and no problems so far.

What's the general opinion on the Roccat Tyon?
Other than it's laser… I know it's laser, but I don't play FPS games and even if I did I wouldn't blame my performance on my mouse

r i c e r
e f f e c t

get the g502

that sucks, my g502 still works like the day i got it

Yeah, it's probably the better mouse at the moment.

I've got a pair of pic related minus the on-cord audio adjuster that I'm using, got them as a gift. They're pretty decent in most cases, except the baffling lack of any kind of bass. Beyond a certain range, these fuckers just won't take it, and you'll get that lovely scratchy-staticy sound that comes with speakers that can't properly output certain ranges for shit. These things are durable at least though, had them for a few years and only the left side has had the lining on the padding come off slowly, and they still work perfectly for what they can do.

On that note, what's a good pair of headphones with strong bass output, or at least better output for low sounds than "fuck you, you get TV static instead" (and which aren't dindu-tier "muh beats by famous rap man" overpriced crap)? I love low-pitched sounds in general, especially in music with things like drums and choirs, but I'm ironically stuck with a headset that barely handles said sounds on the rare occasion it bothers to try.

No, dude, I don't even get mad at video games.
I don't see how that would lead to it crashing my computer, though.

I don't know audio quality for dick, but I gotta say that for 30 bucks, the HTF-600's I got kick some ass. I'm at least sure that something good has never sounded like garbage because of them.

I warn you though. They're durable, but not really. Keep the super glue handy because first- the falls will fall out of their sockets on top which connect it to the headband. Then after a much longer time, the plastic on the side will begin to crack, and it will tear itself apart. I've had these headphones for about 3 years or so and I've only had to glue anything a total of 3 times.

If you wear glasses, the ear pads are not comfy, and the phones engulf your ears. They will press the rims of your glasses into your skull.

Anyone have a G700s? The mouse itself is fine, but the page forward/back buttons just stop working until I take the batteries out for a bit. The profile is setup properly, and they seem to respond, but its just a strange quirk they've picked up.