Games touted for fans of X series

Where have they succeed and where have they failed?

"if you like this thing, you'll definitely like this other thing!"
never

I liked how much butthurt this webm caused.

X3:AP are best game in X series.

DELETE THIS!

I played the demo. I personally didn't liked AoD. It fill the Fallout itch so I just played FO2 with the restoration patch. The game is basically a VN with a combat system. What I hate about is the game doesn't allow for any action outside of VN sequence. If I failed an agility check, I couldn't just run towards the door and exit. Not because the door was lock, not because someone was blocking the door, but because the game just wouldn't let me. I couldn't even close doors from the outside.

Indeed, add LU overhaul mod to improve further
X3:AP:LU is currently the best space sim you want to own and manage a fleet
i finally got my headquarters and the two best terran frigates, i will start to fully automate the fleet building and management tonight

It's fresh in many aspects and some people liked that, some didn't.
Your character doesn't become an omnipotent god by level 3 like in most (especially new) "rpgs".
Setting isn't another fucking faerun/sword coast.
The lore isn't shoved in your face, like in poe, you have to work for it.
And since the devs are working on more games I guess they made enough of a profit.

I more like "Lone Wolf" style with little base where i repair my ship and refill ammo. Any mods for this type of gameplay?

I'd say X2: The Threat was. X3's missions are so stupidly OP for cash that the early game no longer exists, no one does trade runs, factories only beat missions for cash after you have more money than you'd ever need, plot mission freebies erased the mid game, laughably overpowered shit like the springblossom and other additions made almost all race ships worthless, the bundling of the Mk3 trader mod removed the need to bother with factories anyway, the bundling of the logistics mods with jump drives removed the need to hold and patrol sectors, etc.. They casualized that series so fucking hard it effectively deleted most of the game. It traded the old community for the wing commander crowd who did not belong in a series like this.

All X2 needed was to improve factory output, add a warp drive, remove SETA, fix the suicidal autopilot, and remove collision physics for AI-controlled ships. Instead, they went down a path that naturally led to X: Rebirth.

This thread is confusing.

you madman

XRM ads more ships, including the Yaki Appallox, a corvette so powerful its almost a light frigate with the speed of an interceptor (its expensive as fuck tho)
LU is more for empire builders

But if you wanna play single ship adventures Freelancer is more for you, the game is balanced arround that

Not even Himmler was that vile, g-guys!

I declare you Enemy of Rhonkar and a faggot, OP.

Ok i try it.
Already finish game liek a 4 years ago.

What about new Evochron Mercenary?

The fact that you have giant planets right in front of you that you can't enter always irritated me with the X games

Pretty sure No Trany Sky out soon and you can land on billions planets.

SETA is a hack and causes a lot of problems, it wouldn't be hard to balance out of the game. People use SETA for fast travel between gates which could be replaced by a warp drive (take E&B as an example) and they use it (at least back in X2 where empire building mattered) for leaving the game on unattended to make things from factories which I totally understand as the output is insanely low, so the output could be scaled by 10x. Even baking in that 10x for SETA to most game timers they'd still need scaled further as people still feel forced to run the game unattended at 10x overnight for things lile marine training. There are a lot of balance issues like this that they sidestepped by bundling game-breaking community mods.

The next game is gonna focus on combat which was the worst part of AoD

we have hijacked the thread anyways, tell us about the split user

that will all look lifeless or copypasted/recolored after 3 or 4

but what always bothered me is that x3 has planets and no one seem to use them, planets should have stupid amount of resources, station factories should only be used in outer space away from planets, like in the asteroid belt and oort cloud, it makes no sense building a factory in orbit instead of inside the planet if they have jumpdrives and atmospheric lifters to take the products to orbit anyways

Did any of you find secret containers without guides?

i found a secret ship near yaki space and another in a boron sector

exploring sectors in freelancer was much more fun because of the space hazards and hidden wormholes it was also terrifying

I think it'd be fairly accurate. In the future, planets will be the destination for finished goods, not sources of raw materials. A tradeable product's cost is the base cost of materials plus what could be called a cost to normalize gravity. Sourced materials from small asteroids, gas harvesting, and irradiation don't cost anything to lift out of a gravity well and would be preferable to the extreme cost of something like getting metal into orbit from Earth. Sending finished goods into high gravity is almost free, so it makes sense for all production to occur in zero g.

10/10 would go into again

I've found lots of ships, but only one container.

I need to play freelancer, apparently. Does it need any fixes or mods?

not that i remember
Freelancer was an almost perfect game, that somehow didn't sell enough for a sequel… maybe thats a good thing in the end because we only have warm and fuzzy memories of it other than the terrifying secret systems with hazards everywhere

Live is suffering

Every modern "strategy" game.

All of them.

suff is lifing

It isn't just the combat but the lack of non-contextual interactions.

You can't run away. Not because the enemies will catch you but the game simply won't let you. This is magnified by how much game brags about how brutal the enemies are.