Shooters With Utility Powers

F.E.A.R. - Features a slow-mo ability, that allows you to react to shit twice as fast as your enemies. Combined with sexy fucking gunplay, it was enough to make the game not only fun, but also replayable again and again.

BloodRayne - a third person shooter/slasher, lets you control a sexy ass dhampir lady, half-human and half-vampire, she has several powers that she acquires as the story progresses:

1) Aura Vision - allows Rayne to see enemies through walls. Seems strange in a shooter, but considering just how many enemies you're going to be facing, knowing where they are offers limited advantage.

2) Slow-Mo - Standard slow-mo, however in BloodRayne it's that much more sweet, as the melee animations are pretty fucking intricate. You get to see that latex-clad ass as she rips up Nazis with somersault kicks.

Holla Forums bby it's ok it's only gaem

3) Zoom - Sniper vision, standard stuff.

4) Blood Rage - Special moves, special attacks, higher damage, higher damage tolerance.

top all that off with her sexy moaning when you suck Nazi blood and you get a boner

She was my first videogame crush ever. I'll shill this game till the day I die.

Singularity - you can age and reverse-age objects using your TMD - some sort of a cool spin on a time machine.

It does have mediocre gunplay, but I appreciate the effort that went into making TMD a powerful weapon, since you can age enemies into dust (too bad you can't make them embryos)

Wolfenstein 2009 - Gives you a cool medallion that can do some standard shit. Fun nonetheless.

It can: slow time, increase your damage, give you shield protection, and (a cool spin) let you enter Ghost realm that has actual ghosts in it right in the middle of a battle. It's a 6/10 in my book, but still fun. You can tell they tried.

TimeShift - holds a special place in my heart. Feels like FEAR, I'm willing to bet that it was inspired by it largely.

You can slow time, stop time and reverse time

It's not a masterpiece, but intricate time mechanics make it a must-play.

fuck off, read it.

What similar games can you recommend, Holla Forums?

Obligatory EYE thread.

I couldn't find a good screenshot for BloodRayne, so I'm posting the most memorable bossfight in the game

sexy Nazi butcher lady

Jesus fucking Christ OP you're wasting so much space by double-spacing.
If you wanna get really technical, HL2 has the Gravity Gun. In a gameplay sense that's pretty much the same thing as a "utility power".

Fallout 4. It has VATS.

If you needed to use slow mo in fear at all then you must be really really really really really really really really really really shit

He also talked about Singularity, so his taste isn't exactly great.

Shadow Warrior 2013 - it has a bunch of upgradeable powers.
Star Wars: Jedi Outcast has several Force Powers that can be used even when using guns.
Crysis has the nanosuit.
DXHR, if you go the shooty route, also has a bunch of powers.

I used it because it was fun

It had charm and Nazis doing occult shit. That's always a must try in my book.

I did say both of those games were mediocre. What I was using them for was illustrating the type of "utility powers" I was talking about.

I must've forgotten about Jedi Outcast. That shit was fucking great.

the only fun thing i remember is the nail gun, jump kick and destructible environment.
I wish we could kill this fat fuck.

did nothing wrong!

He does die, though.

He left you to die, it's personal.

Bloodrayne would be cool if sucking blood wasnt basically a godmode cheat

Play on hard. It becomes harder and harder to actually suck blood as the game progresses, as bullets kill you faster than bloodsucking lets you heal.

To me bloodsucking was always a hindrance because I couldn't see the screen behind my massive boner

fuck SJWs

He dies at the end, though.

Mate, you might wanna stop avatarfagging.

I finished both games decades ago, i play everything on hardest, im no casul weeb. I remember the second game being pathetic easy because of this.

Who's avatarfagging? I'm posting fanart, user.

I want to forget it exists

Do not lose hope, user. SJW's are slowly dying out.

We might just be entering the new era of 2extreme

I wish we'd gotten sequel to 2nd Rayne game.
Some parts of it werent as good as first especially how they went more cartoony so it felt more like some grimdarky superheroine game at many points instead but fuck i still would've liked to see what kind of shit they could've pulled in sequel considering how the ending was quite a cliffhanger.

Also bonus points for not going all "m-muh nazis" on 2nd too, sure the bad guy had history with them but he was pretty much just using them to unearth ancient bloodsucker shit or whatever it was.

I think the only really bad parts on 2 were some of the missions especially that nightclub one where you had to throw baddies into speakers which was just retardly hard and overall the going bit too cartoony on many parts.

Second game is a disgrace, period. I was tangibly mad when playing it.

Does Blood Rayne get better? I almost fell asleep playing through the first level.
I did play the second one first so I guess I just like it better.

As for shooters:

The Darkness 1 and 2

Darkness 1 is a bit poopy with some of the powers but the second one improves on it.

Christ it's hard to find non let's plays on youtube.

Well at least it wasnt as bad as the movies.

though 2nd one was actually enjoyable with the worst part being the chick playing Rayne. Fuck even Loken was better in 1st movie

Max Payne has one of the best uses of slow-mo in a game with Bullet Time, popping it in a large gunfight turns the game into a bit of a bullet hell. 2 kind of broke it by making you move at normal speed and having the speed slow down even more for each kill you get. 3 almost fixed it, but now since the movement was slower and more deliberate there's much less room for error.

First few levels are meant to be tutorials. It gets better, because you get to fight against actual people with actual fully automatic weaponry.

Max Payne was godly, but I didn't particularly like the way it did bullet time. To each his own I suppose.

WE DONT TALK ABOUT THESE STOP

But dont you just love shitty b-rated actors in way too baggy/loose costumes ruining your favorite characters?

Welcome to hell!

W E L C O M E T O H E L L !

Blood Rayne is kino, you hear?

Sam looks so weird without his beard

Like the 23 year old dude he is.

REEEEEEEEEE

James

Replaying TimeShift now, it's even more like FEAR than I remember. It's strikingly similar.

Holy shit this game is so much better than I remember. Drop everything, TimeShift is easily FEAR-tier of FPS. This is amazing,

I was just killed with a headshot by an enemy and my screen showed cracks in my helmet.

Damn.

If you're gonna play that the Retrostein mod is mandatory.

Well those Ubersoldaten are bullshit.

At least you could hear revving before in the older games.

Or you're telling me that you don't think that making the enemies a credible threat is a good thing.

Necrovision gauntlet

you speak like a casul and your shit is all retarded

Says the guys complaining about the health buff without realizing that most weapons have had a damage boost too.

But I guess you prefer being able to stomp everything with no efforts with the massively overpowered shearing crystal / MP43 / Empower upgrades.

The Darkness.
It is a pretty nice shooter, but you also have enough powers to make it something unique. Running around, eating hearts and throwing black holes at people, murdering an entire street as one of the shoulder snakes and using guns that shoot darkness is insanely fun.
Also the atmosphere is amazing. The game is comfy as hell.

Darkness, especially Darkness 2 is a solid game, but your powers are far from being a "Utility", they're to be relied on constantly.

GUYS TIMESHIFT IS FUCKING AMAZING YOU HAVE TO PLAY IT

FUCK IT IM MAKING A SEPARATE THREAD NOW