Vectorman

So lets talk about the best character in video games.
Why did he live and die with the genesis?
Is there even a more radical character alive?
For context his job is literally taking out the trash but sees the worlds been taken over by a giant ass robot who'd head is a live nuke and thinks to himself he can take him.

Music is also pretty sweet too, youtube the music, it did that thing where select instruments constantly swap what speaker side they're in, perfect game for surround sound or head phones, hell this game even made good use of the genesis fart in it's first track.

2nd game he goes from trash man to exterminator and kills and entire new species because it's messing with his day job.

loved these games so much.
These are MY genesis games.

There was going to be a PS2 game, but it got canceled.
It was looking like shit anyway.

Vectorman was some pretty radass shit. At the rate game quality is going, i'm kinda alright with him just dying with the genesis. Better than having tons of new shitty sequels yknow.

Best song

Was posting this, when I noticed it has auto-generated captions in Dutch for some reason.
I can't find a way to capture them or copy/paste them.

The reason Vectorman didn't make the jump was because he was stone walled by copyright issues. He looked too much like Masterchief.

Vectorman is a pretty average game. I don't understand why people talk about it as if it was one of the best games on the Genesis.

Solid intro, remember my buddy having this game, was amazed that the SEGA logo was a mini level with that hidden powerup

I could never get past the first level as a kid. I might play it on my PSP later and see whats the big deal.

That's not a copyright issue, it's a marketing one. He looks similar but isn't the character.

isn't the **same character.

Literally everyone these days looks like Master Chef

You are wrong

Well, maybe our Genesis experience comes from playing these games back in the day, and not modern retrospective groupthink, faggot.

These were my favorites.

The graphics in Vectorman 1 and 2 I think are the best on the Genesis. It's a shame that the series ended after only 2 games.

fuckload of Hollywood shovelware, then out of fucking nowhere, they make Vectorman & Vectorman 2.
Out of their other games, the Genesis was the home of most of the decent ones. Jurassic Park on Genesis and the Shadowrun game (based on the tg) as good examples of this.
It's fucking bizarre.

That is a copyright issue, if he looks close enough to be considered another character even though he isn't one
that is grounds for legal action by holders of the offending copyright ala Bungie.

Because it is, a lot of garbage on the Genesis.

Vectorman was interesting and quite enjoyable, though I must say I enjoyed 2 more than 1.

Nowadays, it's not that special, but he had 8 directional shooting, various transformations, a unique voice in the second game, and, as per his name, had a very unique graphical style.

Could a new version of Vectorman be made? Yes, but the question would be if it could bring something new to the table.

Perhaps 3rd person + collectathon?

Tell that to Bethesda.