CHINESE HACK U.S. MISSILE SYSTEM IN SOUTH KOREA

China’s Ministry of Defense said this week Beijing has consistently opposed hacking, and that the People’s Liberation Army “has never supported any hacking activity.” China has said it is itself a major hacking victim but has declined to offer specifics.

I like how they claim to be the victim. They truly deserve to be the new leader of the jew-free world.

archive.is/bKXyl
msn.com/en-us/news/world/chinas-secret-weapon-in-south-korea-missile-fight-hackers/ar-BBA6WN9

Also, what's going on, Pajeet? Angry Chaim isn't letting you go back to India even after your visa expired?

I highly doubt that any hacking actually occurred and this company is full of shit. I also doubt that the US military is as stupid as to connect something like that to the open net and its on a closed circuit intranet

my little home server gets "targeted" all the time, doesn't mean shit

These hack points… too accurate for chang people.

wew lad

You're a stupid nigger.

Airlocked systems have been able to be hacked for years now, chink.

China
Intelligence
Agency

Untrue.

Both OP and the article allude to that for pure sensationalism.

Part of the article that wasn't paraphrased here mentions that the only systems that were actually compromised were user endpoint hosts. Or at least that's the only ones that were disclosed. Attack vector was malware attachments in spam emails and exploit kits from embedded links in spam messages.

From there it's possible for threat actor to jump to an air gapped system like THAAD but the article doesn't say. This would be much bigger news if that was the case and I'd think they would be required to disclose such.

Regards,
A network analyst

Well ya, like you said, if they had used such an attack method such as this then it would most definitely be in the article. But maybe they did, who knows. The company might just be trying to cover their ass for a colossal fuckup like that, because that would suggest someone fucked up somewhere and allowed part of the system to be rootkitted.

Kek, and with this… China has nothing to hold over our heads in the trade agreement AND we take care of their FoB, namely NK. Win-Win.

Agreed.

And unlike private sector companies and data breeches which require disclose including the loss of personal information, Id easily believe Feds wouldn't admit to anything let alone might not even be required to. Especially with no data loss.

pretty much what they have been doing for years, I don't even know how many times we probably might have been hacked and it was never disclosed. I mean look, NSA had all its tools stolen and it was reported that they more then likely knew about it in advance, they still didn't disclose anything, and I think thats because they want to avoid embarrassment and avoid bringing attention to the leaked tools so they can contain the damage.

India is behind this

In other news, the US has hacked China and it's military countless times but it doesn't get any attention in western media.

Big fucking deal.

Kinda slow on the uptake and wew, that's a big fuck up, Chinks and Norks has been hacking Worse Korea intensely since that Impeachment of that cult bitch, and there's political infighting and they got fucked hard.

You mean air-gapped.
And I don't think that youngsters realize how little computers played in industrial control systems even as recently as the 90s.
It was all hydraulic, pneumatic and analogue electrical.
It's well known that systems like this are rarely upgraded.
Good luck hacking that without physical access.
tl;dr story is scaremongering bullshit.

Last month's Key Resolve joint training was suppose to involve something called 4D muh chess which was about missile defense. Really stimulates the old walnut

wew lad

You're a massive faggot, user.

The military doesnt use the open net for such systems. At a minimum it would have been on SIPRNET which is more encrypted than the .. fuck i forget what its called the radio that has a radioactive powersource.

HARP?

Shit mayne in Zimbabwe we just hot glue a GPS to the side of the missile. Shit can't miss.

ugandan_space_program.mp4

Putin is a faggot that throws white men in prison for critisizing Jews and protects the Jewish mafia that runs human trafficking world wide. He's a hero to sub 90 IQ Russians that still want to bring back the glory of the USSR. He shouldn't be memed in any kind of positive light.

If it actually is airgapped (cable connections and any local network radios aren't airgapped), the only way to bridge the airgap would be via some physical data transfer mechanism, such as a USB or CD used to transfer stuff to the airgapped computer. The only way I see that happening is if the military updates firmware for missile defense systems using files downloaded to a USB stick instead of using a dedicated physical installer, as well as if they do not cryptographically sign updates, both of which would be pants-on-head retarded decisions.

If the missile defense systems are truly airgapped, all updates are performed from a hardware flashing device that is physically shipped to the device being updated, and all updates are strongly cryptographically signed, there really isn't any realistic way that anyone could "hack" the airgapped missile defense computers. The only way to do so would be if someone managed to get a hold of the software that's running on the airgapped computers (they don't just use Windows XP), find a remote code execution vulnerability in the software that handles update files (difficult, since the software used for these airgapped computers is probably formally verified), figure out how to exploit said vulnerability (also difficult, since the software used on these computers is probably compiled with a hardened toolchain), find out how to plant an exploit into the update hardware without altering the cryptographic signature (would require several breakthroughs in math), and somehow tamper with the updater hardware during production to plant the exploit into the update (probably the easiest step in the whole process, which is saying something).

I highly doubt the airgapped missile defense computers were compromised. If they were, it indicates utter stupidity on the part of the military with regards to how computer security is handled.

This site is annoying as fuck to read with these stupid background images…

lol

Who do you think makes all these chips for all these components? You don't think there could be hidden radio transmitters in the chips that while very low power could be able to link together with other assets tying their way back to an access point which would allow China to control parts of the chip remotely?

Does the U.S. military make its own chips in house or just buy them off of Digikey.com and Microchip.com? Because I would think these producers are always trying to keep costs down and also hire many off the boat Chinese to design the new system. If you exploit the hardware there is no way to ensure the software can securely run upon it.

That's a covert communications channel between two previously infected computers. It only works if you have already infected both computers. You can't just magically transmit a virus to another computer.

No. Processors are highly vulnerable to bit flips from electromagnetic waves, to the point that extremely weak cosmic rays from lightyears away periodically cause said bit flips even after traveling through the atmosphere. Any kind of transmitter in the chip would produce electromagnetic waves orders of magnitude more powerful, rendering the computer unusable.

There's also the fact that antennas have to be a certain size to work. Even high frequency antennas have to be an inch or two long, and the entire die the CPU is built on is a fraction of an inch large. And much of that space is taken up by registers, logic gates, the x87 coprocessor, etc.

Transmitters attached to the inside of the case could work, but those could be found simply by opening the case and looking inside.

No, seriously. Look it up.

My computer works just fine after an EM dose.

Not in the chip. A powerful EM source that close would cause a massive number of bit flips. You'd end up flipping random bits in registers (including control registers that handle how the program executes), flipping bits in between instruction cycles (what happens when a processor executes a Xor eax, eax instruction and the bits in the eax register are flipped halfway through the instruction's operation?). It would render the computer unusable.

We Generals now

Holla Forums was there for you

will you speak of loyalty and Nation and not be there for Holla Forums in its weakest hour?

DOX

IMKAMPHY

KILL

KILL

THE TRAITOR!

DOX IMKAMPHY

SAVE Holla Forums!

those gold farmers are getting pretty good at this.