LaMulana 2 demo

playism-games.com/game/108/la-mulana-2
The demo is out you fuckers, why no thread?

Get on to it, faggots, let's try to find some secrets.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!kcYQnBLD!qRqqcW4bpRE5OwzNAeUYMADcxWaWib-MHL0xGTUnKOU
mega.nz/#!h5pjjB7b!_KwSv2LwohqTLINdTGKNEsgyTnap0nX8bczvZ2xU72M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Glad I backed this and not Mighty No. 2

A different one than the one two years ago? I thought alpha access was only for backers

Six months later and still no concrete release date, I guess

Most Recent Alpha (Jun 17th):
mega.nz/#!kcYQnBLD!qRqqcW4bpRE5OwzNAeUYMADcxWaWib-MHL0xGTUnKOU

Z : Jump
X : Main weapon
C : Sub weapon
V : Read tombstone (or some other text like the one in front of the store), then press Z to return to the game.
F1 : Switch main weapon
F2 : Switch sub weapon (Currently it only shoots bullets)
F10 : Exit

The alpha is still pretty rough, but it's nice to see new zones and enemies.

Yeah, I was a retard, the new thing is this one here

All i'm getting is a white screen after i click the "play!" button

Are you using a 32 bit system? It works fine for me on 64bit Windows 7.

32bit Version:
mega.nz/#!h5pjjB7b!_KwSv2LwohqTLINdTGKNEsgyTnap0nX8bczvZ2xU72M

I'm glad this is getting a sequel

I wonder what is Pixel doing.

I'm kind of upset they made a sequel. Now it just feels like they are just cashing in on the original which was made with love.

Holy shit. Why didn't I know about this?
Thank you for the reminder.

Weird, I just downloaded La Mulana last night

It's a fantastic game that you'll never experience again.
Take a little notebook and make notes of everything, don't trust the lackluster ingame note tool.
DO NOT READ THE TABLET AGAIN

or you'll have to reload a save.. damn that's terrible

MEGA now has a download limit, fuck

If you play blind you have no idea how that fucks up the entire game until it's too late and you already saved over it.
That's what happened to me at least…

Get MEGAsync to download larger files, it's a hassle but it's better than downloading from genericupload.com.

didn't this demo come out ages ago?

No, I'm definitely on 64-bit.

As far as I know, they remade it in Unity.

This is not a problem.

shit dude you move way to fast on this demo.
I hope they change that

Pretty sure this is the old demo that was out before … I remember the map and stufff

I dont like it. Controls are clunky as shit.

it seems that the speed of the character changes based on the amount of assets per room

I'm kinda worried now with this unity switch.

Nice cheevos, best I got was pic related, due to not knowing shit on my first playthrough.
But that's definetly a problem on your first, blind playthrough
if you get a walkthrough and get all the gear and software combos as soon as possible or simply have the knowledge from previous playthroughs, it's easier to play on hard.
But if you're still figuring out the misteries of the ruins then you'll suffer a lot.

I goofed, didn't know about the first one, then when I heard about a new thing ( ) then I searched and found the old demo.

Did you guys play the first one? (I mean, the remake)

yes I beat it.
its one of my favorite games

That's in the new demo here ?
I've yet to play it.

They might have messed up the Unity functions, like using Update () instead of FixedUpdate () or not using the Time.deltaTime correctly.

yes the new demo
I also finished the first demo and I did not play like this, the first one played exactly like the remake, this new one feels like shit to be honest

Unity, thank goodness.

I'll admit I had to use a guide for the first game. Believe me I wanted to try and I did when I was using a paper and pencil and everything. I just couldn't handle it. I only used it a few times but it was just above me.

All I can say is that when I try this second one is that I hope they didn't casualize it so I can finally beat a game like this without a walkthrough.

I used one for Gate of Illusion because I hate levels with teleporters.
from what they showed on the first demo I don't think they will casualize it.

I usually don't say this but jesus fuck that first game was brutal in some areas. I wouldn't mind if they toned down a few areas for the sake of making shit less frustrating. But then again I guess asking him for that would be pretty contradictory to what hardcore fans want.

I'd rather a game with a few bullshit difficult moments than a game full of mediocre and easy moments.

I remember that the Dev said that he wanted to make it easier for people to know what happens after solving a puzzle because sometimes in the remake you solve puzzles by pure chance, the jingle plays and then you have no fucking clue about what changed in the ruins

I had to too, I didn't know shit about the game so I wasn't taking notes, big mistake. When I had to find whatever fish deity it was in the same puzzle as finding the "pipe jar" I couldn't remember where it was. So I wandered a lot on hard mode, exhausted almost every puzzle available, even did stuff that I wasn't supposed to do yet. Eventually wandering on hard mode for days grew tiring, so I searched about it. After that, the "walkthrough seal" was broken, I didn't follow one, but I found out about the software combos, weapon locations and stuff like that. I'm with you on this next one, buying a binder just to play this shit.

What I think made it frustating was hard mode, on top of figuring out puzzles, navigating the ruins in hard mode very taxing, if you've no clear direction as to where to go.
What I'm hoping for the next game is that they either remove this hard mode and keep the hardcore stuff for whatever after game they plan to have (like HELL).
Or make hard mode an option when creating a save data or as a new game plus.
I was not amused when I didn't get the clear the game on HARD because I killed the first boss before reading the tablet on the later area.

On second thought, I think I'll prefer to stay as unspoiled as possible, the old demo was enough of a sneak peek.

Was the new demo prior to the Unity switch? I remember it felt a little different to the LM1 remake, but not too different. No inconsistent engine speed anyway.

Every puzzle in both the original and the remake can be solved just off of the information given in the game, so surely they wouldn't change the conveyance all that much. My worry is that they'll make it too hard because of the reputation the game has for being difficult.

and in the manual, I should specify

The Demo in OP was using the old engine.
The "demo" posted later in the thread is using Unity.
It's absolute shit right now, but they're clearly just testing stuff in the new engine.

I wasn't going to play the newest alpha build too, but the comments on it made me curious. It's not worth checking out, it's just a messy early test build.

It looks a lot better if you run it at a higher resolution (pic related).

Yeah, I just opened it in a small window to crop it.
But both are shitty "copy-pasted from the other engine" placeholders.