3DS Homebrew Bunker: Some Edition edition, I don't fucking know

DOWNGRADING FROM 11.0 IS BROKEN
UPDATING EMUNAND TO 11.0 IS SAFE
INSTALLATION GUIDE (PARTS 1-3 FOR DOWNGRADE + EMUNAND, 4 AND 5 FOR A9LH SETUP)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
If you're a full on ADHD Retard you can get a Chrome Extension to help you with the guide as well: bob.me.tz/age/
Memchunkhax2 is an exploit used to downgrade 3DS firmware. Most importantly, it can downgrade to 9.2, which is the ideal firmware that can be further exploited for access to CFW, and thus piracy and faster homebrew and emulators via kernel mode. This is possible on any firmware up to and including 10.7. Memchunkhax2 requires access to homebrew in order to run.
Memchunkhax2.1 is an exploit, much like it's predecessor, to downgrade 3DS firmware. This time, it works on 10.4-10.7, and is considerably more stable(?). As it is a new exploit that just popped out of nowhere, it may be untested and unstable for some systems and firmwares. Use this exploit at your own risk.
AFTER 11.0, DOWNGRADING IS BROKEN INDEFINITELY.
While 11.0 has only managed to patch MemChunkHax2.1 halfway, Nintendo has instated a minimum system app version list. This means that without a hardmod, it will take another exploit on the scale of 9.2 to be able to downgrade.
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher. Note that Tubehax is dead on all devices, all firmwares. Ignore it.
If you have a browser available, use the package in part 4 of the installation guide to dump your OTP, then update to 9.2 and install A9LH+CFW. Read here for more details: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update If you have cubic ninja but no browser, see here: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(Cubic-Ninja-OTP)
You'll want to update to 9.0-9.2, preferably 9.2. There are ways to update straight to 9.X with CFW, or you can find a game card that has a 9.0-9.2 update on-cart and use that. read here for more details. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
You have no use for memchunkhax2/2.1. Install a CFW of your choice.
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution.
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Alternatively, you can use Smashhax if possible. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
As of writing, from these firmwares upwards on n3DS systems ONLY, you should not have the browser nag. Use browserhax as normal, install menuhax.
Browserhax and menuhax are usable. Ironhax does not work on this firmware as 10.4 REQUIRES you to update the game before launching it.
Downgrades are possible, but browserhax is broken. You must have a primary (Cubic Ninja or Freakyforms Deluxe) or secondary exploit game (Ocarina of Time 3D, Pokemon ORAS) In order to use a secondary exploit, you must have another 3DS with homebrew or a Powersaves (OOT3D ONLY). For more info on Powersaves, go here gbatemp.net/threads/oot3dhax-powersave-edition.401799/
No Downgrades. Homebrew is back working again, but you're fucked for downgrades unless you have a hardmod or cfw already. If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
3ds.titlekeys.com/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(9.2.0-Downgrade)
gbatemp.net/threads/wip-safesysupdater.409392/
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
github.com/MatMaf/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/release-cdn-fx-the-ultimate-eshop-content-downloader.414004/
pastebin.com/8wbVA1CZ
pastebin.com/n3uRsfef
yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto_qrcode.png
yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php
youtube.com/watch?v=NOAZPj10DtQ
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/273232-mega-cia-collection-undub-bravely-uncensored-monster-hunter-3-4-a.html
pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U
3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/266611-multi-streetpass-mii-plaza-update-4-0-paid-games-eu-jpn.html?highlight=plaza
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/183608682/playcoin.zip
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
github.com/yellows8/ctr-httpwn
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)
mega.nz/#!NohCXK7Q!3cU8SuzMX0nVdBY_3qdyfOiUKDWYwENJcgQKwYW1c7Q
mega.nz/#!uEdxFKRQ!UF8zqAUJ13f2BHi8TArg4UOD3jF2-Hb82vLUeV-M81o
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/275112-mega-cryptofix-rhythm-heaven-megamix-usa.html?highlight=rhythm cryptofix
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage
mega.nz/#!YtZUkDyS!cLTTj1uEEGvkVfQsii49kHTveptZL9O83rgsBgQDTEU
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)
archive.is/F6T5o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Luma3DS and ReiNAND are the two most popular CFW and support A9LH, as well as having a number of features: Region Free, Language Emulation, etc.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. Not recommended. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For NTR to launch, you must download a Firmware.bin file from the A9LH guide, part 5, even if you're using emunand.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
Updating from rxTools
To update from rxTools, first check that your sysnand is on 9.2. Users running rxtools

A faggot friend of mine bought a used 3DS XL two days ago, like the faggot he his he updated it because "i want to try monster hunter XD!" and now is begging me to find a way to pirate games. Is there a way to downgrade (via software) with a9lh or an hardmod is required with it too?

been a while since I've been around so if anyone has an archive of the last thread please post it, there was a chain in the op going, but now it's broken.

if he updated over the internet, hardmod only. If he updated with cart, then there's a possibility otherwise. Check the settings and the op to figure that out.

He updated over the internet as he doesn't even had a game when he bought it. Thanks anyway dubsman.

Does anyone have that chart of recommended 3DS games?

nice repeating digits
I have this, but it's getting behind the times

I keep getting the "an error has occured" message when PlaiSysUpdater checks update integrity on my o3ds 9.9, should I just keep trying?

What are you trying to downgrade to? Your emunand to 2.1? or your sysnand to 9.2?

Some reason, I get no errors downgrading to 2.1 from the newest patch. Tried from 9.2 once before and it always stopped at the same point. Just double make sure you're updating the emunand if you update to the latest patch.

Tell your friend all of us think he is a massive fucking retard. With love, Holla Forums.

sysnand to 9.2

You should compile it all into one torrent or direct download.
It's annoying weeding through 3DISO to find a download that isn't by a jew requiring that you pay in order to download one .cia sooner than 5 hours.

if you have that much trouble use titlekeys.

3ds.titlekeys.com/

Dunno, that sounds like you have the wrong patch or a corrupt one in the update folder of your sd card. Go here and delete the update folder on your sd card root and replace it with the respective one
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(9.2.0-Downgrade)

If that doesn't work, try safesysupdater. I had a problem downgrading to 9.2 from 10.7 and safesysupdater was able to complete it. But my problem was that it did a partial downgrade and got stuck on HAX INIT
gbatemp.net/threads/wip-safesysupdater.409392/

I wish I didn't fall for the homebrew meme.

My sysNAND is on 4.something, and my emuNAND is on 9.something, and I go through the NDS firmware button to access emuNAND because I'm a lazy nigger who never bothered installing the theme exploit.
I probably will continue to not give a fuck until the new Pokemon games come out, and even then, just barely.
The best part is that I have over ten Vita games and I've played pretty much all of them, because they're actually worthwhile. I dunno how a system that was dropped by its creator managed to be more worthwhile than the system that's still supported by its creator, but there you go.

How the fug do you even use it?

What can you do with a cracked, downgraded 3DS?
Can you at least play NDS games?

Too stupid to find cias? Cias you want not on 3DSiso/3DSchaos/that one BR site nobody in their right mind should be using because of the constant adfly links? Have I got the solution for you

github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases

github.com/MatMaf/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases

Use the titlekeys.bin updater first so you don't have an empty freeShop list, the updater will automatically place the bin file in a directory for freeShop

Also note that update data and DLC will not appear due to not having their own title keys, you will still need to track down and manually install supplementary data

Been tinkering with my 3ds for the last two days. Currently I have rednand and the next step is the 2.1.0 downgrade. Can't wait for all these sweet uncensored games. My friends keep pestering me with text-to-speech message filled with shit like "BLEEP BLOOP OVERLOADING THE MAINFRAME RETRACING THE FIREWALL LOGIN"

DS games being installed to SD or anything similar are an impossibility as of this point in time. You need a flashcart to pirate and play NDS games.

Finally replaced rxtools with luma3ds, i'm currently at 10.7 emunand, can i update my emunand using system settings or do i have to use another method?

So I can only play 3DS games on a cracked 3DS?
God, how embarrasing.

You can still use DS gamecards.

I think someone was working on DS emulation on the 3DS, but I'm a dipshit and forgot to bookmark the link.

you can also use CDN-FX on PC: gbatemp.net/threads/release-cdn-fx-the-ultimate-eshop-content-downloader.414004/

yes, update your emunand with system settings.

you can still use DS Flashcarts but the more important thing is that it still plays DS (and GBA) games natively. There's a DS Emulator in the work but it's shit right now and likely always will be.

Pretty much the only things you can't play are N64/PS1 and beyond consoles along with the DS, 3DS systems can natively install GB/GBC/GBA, NES and a smattering of Sega consoles and New 3DS add native-install SNES to that lineup.

DS is an impossibility because of how the 3DS handles DS games as well as not being intended to handle DS games in any capacity but physical, the only way I could think of to get DS games working would be to package DS games as DSiWare but that'd be a pretty mindbending feat.

there's a PSX emulator in the retroarch pack, it just doesn't run well, even on new 3ds.

It's just for e-peen. It won't actually be useful. The 3DS is far too weak to actually emulate it's predecessor.

What you'll need is a Nintendon't-like solution.

Or just buy an R4i Wood for 15$ and call it a day. It's not that hard to get DS games for free.

Hence why I didn't bring it up.

Just fucking use CIAngel or Freeshop, Nintendo is completely cucked now and you should be taking advantage of it.

You probably just feel more compelled to play your Vita games because you actually had to pay for them and want to justify the purchase. I have this problem with piracy too, I never feel any obligation to actually put time into the games I grab since there's little to no investment. Usually try them for an hour or two and then walk away for weeks or months. I still think the 3DS has a great library, it's just harder to get into a game when you suddenly have so many options and feel no attachment to any of them yet. New Pokemon will definitely be a nice feeling and I'm confident I'll be playing the shit out of it at release, any money I can withhold from the kikes at Game Freak is great.

Does anyone know if NTR Streaming a game like MH4U is viable? Having trouble getting it to work in the first place, wondering if it's worth it to try to stream a game with increased ram usage.

Noob question: where do i get uncensored/undubbed games?

Alright, my friend has been having an issue with his old 3DS. I'm the user who posted here about a week back about this. CIAngel randomly deleted itself off his machine, then his nand started refusing to boot almost immediately after.

We went through all of the troubleshoots on Plailect's guide with no results. However, he can still access Decrypt9 and Luma settings through the boot shortcuts. He ran a selftest and got pic related, and we think it might have something to do with it.

It looks like he's missing one of those keys that have to be installed during Step 5 of Plailect's guide, but going back to it, it looks like he changed a bunch of stuff and I'm not sure what should be replaced, if anything.

Any thoughts?

you can because on n3ds it doesn't have to reboot for those.

3dsiso or any other cia site.

Why the fuck isn't this shit in the OPasta?

OP pasta is in a constant state of being an outdated mess since it's written in fits and spurts with weeks or months between updates or rewrites

I've been working on keeping it up to date and it's decently recent but I can put that in there.

Would be a pretty useful footnote for finding cias, ie "Can't find it anywhere? Download it straight from Nintendo with [x]"

alright, I can include it next time.

Holy fucking shit, this mindset is retarded. Maybe because I've never payed for a single game in my life.
I can see how you can feel the obligation of playing a game you payed for, but to not enjoy games you pirated, you probably don't like the game to begging with.

I bought a CFW PS3 a couple of months ago, and I swear I've been playing none stop. Same when I first CFW my 3DS. The only reason I more or less stopped playing with my 3DS was for the PS3.

Aside from the flashcart you have to buy apparently.

It's either a flashcart or PC emulators, flashcart's the lesser of two evils unless you just want to play Mega Man ZX or any other non-touchscreen game.

Got it to work now but it's getting 13 fps. Gonna fuck with the settings to see if that helps at all.

Anyone know how to actually disconnect from NTR Streaming? The 3DS freezes if you close the system and disconnect() does nothing in the debugger.

A9LH?

If so: I don't claim to know anything, but have you tried overwriting all the system (non-game) files on the SD card from a backup, or writing all the system files from backup to a new SD card and tried plugging that in?

Just trying to rule out any data corruption or an issue with the physical SD card.

Anons, I have an a9lh'd 3ds already but I want to get mai husbando on the boat so I can play pirated games with multiplayer with him. He's upgraded to 11.0. Is it possible through any means to get hacked games running without the downgrade option?

After switching over to Luma, I don't need rxTools anymore, so do I just remove its folder from the root to "uninstall" it or is there a process to this that I missed?

I just want to keep things tidy in the SD card.

'Fraid not, he's shit out of luck on 11.0. Only recourse is a whole new system or waiting for a whole new kernel exploit which may never happen.

Removal of its folder is enough, RxTools is more or less just a loader for the emunand partition like Luma is.

If I have ironhax and a custom menu theme installed, Do I still need to install menuhax to downgrade?

Menuhax would be nice to have given that it takes some waiting out of the procedure, though it's not a necessity since you've already got Ironfall as an entrypoint.

Downgrade's a bit finicky though so even just trying different entrypoints might help if you're not seeming to get anywhere, I remember Ironhax being the least reliable method of downgrading per GBAtemp reports while it got me downgraded within 10 tries back in January.

Or hardmod which I highly doubt he would risk.

Is it recommended menuhax since is more stable

are cheats possible now?

you can cheat with NTR if the game has a plugin.

Does anyone have brickwait? Is it safe to update emunand from a non a9lh release?

you can update your emunand all you want, gateway just doesn't have firm protection for a9lh. if you want to use gateway w/ a9lh install it the normal way with the plailect guide and get a payload for gateway from gbatemp or use the gateway team's arm9loaderhax.bin.

I don't even know why you'd still use a gateway.
They're shit.

people like gateway better for cheats, but their cfw is pure shit. that does remind me, though,

if you want to update your firmware with the gateway a9lh payload you have to do it with luma, and then load gateway.

Nah, I don't really see the point of that. I've just read somewhere about "you shouldn't not update" lately, so I've been holding up on that. Maybe I've confused it with something else.

Because its an already properly working setup that can do pretty much anything I need?

a9lh is worth it if you use your 3ds a lot, you don't have to sit through menuhax at boot, and you don't get stuck on boot ever.

How do I go about setting up CFW again so my games and saves are still there?

your emunand is still on your sd card, your games should still be there too. Just set menuhax back up and load your cfw.

How? What did you even do? Accidently accepted a prompt to update from a cartridge?

Will this break my ability to update games through Nintendo? I haven't had to get update data on my own at all.

as long as the games you install are in-region you can still get updates direct from nintendo.

Okay, that explains that. Thanks.

Well, my 3ds is basically a monhun/style savvy/nds emu machine, so I don't use often enough to warrant a few seconds timesave with a chance to screw everything completely because I'm not bothered enough. Also, I saw some guy try to argue how a9lh would save time where in his calculations hour long setup to save 1 hour a year.

Downgrade back to 9.2.
Instead of creating an emunand, just launch your old one via Luma3DS or whatever CFW you use.
Ideally, you should just install a9lh so you can avoid fucking up again.

You just saw an user almost screw everything completely because he didn't have A9LH. It's an hour of setup to ensure that your 3DS CFW works forever.
Hell, we're almost at the point now where you can run CFW without the need for an SD card at all.

i had a 3ds back in 2013-2015. i sold it because every game on it was mind numbingly easy, and the console was basically just a constant reminder that atlus was dead and never coming back. they sold out to the casual retards.

has that changed, are there any games on it yet that provide great difficulty and don't allow you to change to easy any time you want mid-game, or is this more suitable for my nephew who's seven

Still waiting for something else other than piracy being posted here.

a reminder that homebrew died at ninjhax 1.1b, and that was the main reason that my 3ds is now gone

Is piracy homebrew?

3DS homebrew game development died because people tried to moralfag in the early phases. Really helped to restrict the development process.

PSP scene flourished because it was totally blown apart.

Custom firmware and emulators certainly are.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear, what are you expecting out of 3DS homebrew at this point in time? I'd like to know what homebrew was like before it "died."

Footnote?
Nigga, this lets you download any game you fucking want directly to your 3ds without needing the .cia and constantly taking out and putting back in your SD card.

This should be paraded as THE way to get your shit unless it's brand spanking new so a updated encTitleKeys.bin isn't out.

He's being pretty fucking optimistic if he's saying it takes an hour to set up a9lh. There was at least 3 hours of pure copy/machine time to do the plailect guide with all the upgrades, reverts, copying backups. Took me about 8 hours over a couple days.

Still, shit is sweet and totally worth it imo.

The very beginning was pretty good, there was some good games (World of 3DSand, 3DScraft, 2048, Hamsters 2DS, Yeti3DS, etc) and applications (DownloadMii, ctr-streaming-server, Sunshell, homemenu-extdata, etc), and everything was stable and easy to maintain.

After Ninjhax1.1b, most, if not all of the homebrew cited previously was deprecated, thanks to some crucial changes with 2.0. Slowly, devs (including me) started leaving everything, mostly because nobody was caring about homebrew, since piracy arrived to 5.x-9.x firmwares, and people lost interest of everything. Some of our friends are still trying to keep the scene up, with TheCruel and Shutterbug still creating some neat projects.

Not only does it automatically download a .json list of eshop titlekeys, it allows you to download and install directly onto your CFW and it includes both DLC and updates. The only advantage freeshop has is a UI.

Is there a way to change the language of Kirby Planet Robobot?
Freeshop says it's the same download for all regions.

I haven't tried using either of them. Is it possible to get a Japanese version of a game, or is it the same region as my firmware?

You can choose which region of game you download in CIAngel at least.

So as long as it exists in nintendo's servers somewhere in the world and the titlekey has been decrypted then you can theoretically download it using CIAngel.

Alright faggots
I made an updated OP paste to include CIAngel and Freeshop.

pastebin.com/8wbVA1CZ
No instructions or anything, just telling people what that shit is and linking to the gbatemp threads to download them.

that's just the first post, you have nothing in there about ciangel or freeshop.

I'm not going to write paragraphs about them nigga. I just added a little bit at the top about both with a description. look again nigga

My freeshop gets stuck at "loading games list". I used encTitleKeys.bin-Updater to get the keys, did I fuck it up?

oh wait hol' up. for some reason the bit i added isn't there. that's just fucked. lemme re-do it

use luma's language emulation to set it if you want it in english on a japanese 3ds.

okay, I'll check it out whenever you decide to do it right.

alright. i figure since i've started this i may as well add a brief primer on title keys, but i have no fucking idea what they are myself, since i was only made aware of freeshop just now.

it'll be a while while i look this shit up.

Done, didn't take long
pastebin.com/n3uRsfef
For whatever reason, encTitleKeys.bin is necessary for eshop piracy. I still haven't found out what it does but at this point who cares, that should be sufficient to inform under-a-rock fags of this new wizardry

It's possible, but as far as I can tell neither CIAngel nor freeShop have Japanese text input (unless maybe you have a JP 3DS), which makes it much less convenient to find what you're looking for. Assuming the titles are even in the key db files these programs use. CIAngel seems to be better in this situation since you can lookup the serial and search that; freeShop only appears to search by title.

encTitleKeys.bin stores the title keys for the respective title ids, it's like a password for downloading it.

A few questions:

1. I used browserhax back when it was announced to have worked on 10.5, so I have the ability to go to the homebrew launcher thing, but all that I can do in there is load homebrew that runs like shit. What do I need to do to be able to pirate games and shit now?

2. Can I still run games I buy? For example, I'm probably going to buy the 3DS Corpse Party game, because I'm a weeb and want figurines, if that requires an update, it probably won't but just in case, is there a way, or even a need, to bypass that?

3. Can any of these games be run online? I have friends that want to play Monster Hunter and Fantasy Life online, so I was wondering if physical, or even pirated, versions will work online.

1. read the OP

2.Yeah, if you use CFW or a9lh you can run game carts fine, but with CFW make sure you're in an updated emunand first so you don't update sysnand.

3.Yeah, ya can. Even with CFW in emunand. I think you can even play foreign games like MHX, but I didn't try it myself.

Quick question. I'm on O3DS with menuhax > rxtools.

How can I change menuhax so that it always boots into homebrew channel (or straight into Rx tools, if possible) without having to hold down L? Someone posted a quick guide months back but I forgot to copy it down.

boot up the thing you used to install menuhax and set the boot trigger to boot without button input.

commit hello kitty

i also have the first version of ironhax installed if that helps?

You could try it but I think booting Ironfall will bring up a message saying you have to update it. Either keep trying browserhax or use a different method.

Try this: Turn off your wi fi and initialise browser data. Change date to January 1 2000 00:00:00. Quickly go into the browser and open up browserhax.

So I'm going to install a custom firmware now and I just read you can softbrick if you have DSiWare installed.

Is just deleting it good, or should I do a full system format?
The eShop is bound to your Nintendo ID now, and not your system anymore, so I can safely format, install a custom firmware and then redownload all my games, right?

Ok, so I'm trying to get OTPhelper to flash the 2.1 downgraded emuNAND to sysnand via the "one click setup", but I've tried it twice already and each time I get the "Validation Stage 1: FAILED" and "Validation Stage 2: FAILED" error message after it finishes, leaving me with no choice but to restore the backups I made of sys/emunand. I went into the "emunand downgrade verification" thing in OTP helper and it says "Nand is not downgraded or still bricked". Is this one of those things that just takes multiple tries before it actually works or is there something I'm missing?

I can't speak for everyone, but I got LumaCFW working just fine even thought I have a few DSi games installed. Although now that I think about it I never tried running them if that makes a difference.

Use Freeshop. It's got DSi games now. Don't know about save backups.

If you own or can get a copy of Ocarina of Time plus a friend who already has homebrew, you'd be in easy.

Otherwise, I'd suggest trying the Y2K trick for Browser. Get the QR code from here:
yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto_qrcode.png
Go to your browser settings, clear save data or initialise data, same thing, depends on region.
Go to other settings in the system settings, set time to 01/01 and the time to 12:00AM or 0000 if you like 24 hour.
Gotta go fast for this now:
Hold LR on homescreen, and scan the QR code from your computer/phone screen. You should have an idea of how to activate the browserhax, like sliderhax, which requires you to tap on the right hand side of the slider.
yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php has a list of the firmware/model and how to activate the hax.

Hopefully you do it right and get homebrew. Use the preinstalled Menuhax application in the HomeBrew Launcher (HBL), and you're set for homebrew.

so do i have to keep the time at 0000 when the hax is running because it keeps crashing ?

check my ironhax it still werks but it doesn't let me install menuhax.

Brickwaiters don't really need an sd card. Though, whats the point of not even having an sd card, where would you store games then, or are you just gonna have it as your nerd accomplishment and be proud that you were able to install tons of cfws and its extensions working with lastest ofw updates using only internal memory?
The best accomplishment that 3ds cfw could reach is to make it a 1 button install which supports all stock firmwares.
What about blackscreens that are to come after another cfw blocking updates?

Well, its a monster hunter machine, so there is that. Also resident evil mercenaries 3d. Maybe some smt would be good for you. There is also this: the most utility you can get out of it is use it as an emu-machine - inferior psp replacement.
Other than all of that current generation of consoles regardless if portable or not are always a lose situation if you pick em up casually hoping there would be videogames there. You'd need to plan you're purchase first, though I'm still somewhat desperately trying to find any more games for vita, even though I've accepted that I'd find none.

So I haven't been playing for a while and I'm still on aureinand 10.6.0-31 E
Are there any strange hoops to jump through to upgrade to luma I should know about or do I just replace the files on the SD card and be done with it?

So I'm still following the post in the OP and I'm stuck at downgrading to 2.1. What happens is that it will just go to a black screen. I can restore my old flash data and it works, but I just can't get this to downgrade to work. I am using the right region firmware and everything. So can I just run OTPHelper without 2.1 actually working or do I need to do something to make it work?

pull your sd card out and boot it up, then put it back in and do the dumping process.

it's just copying files, rename the folder if you want instead. you can read the wiki for it if you really care but it's not hard.

Cool, thanks.

Third and fourth tries didn't work either. Any one got any ideas? I'm about ready to give up on a9lh and just stick with EmuNAND.

Blargsnes, GBA .cias, and gameyob work perfectly on my old 3DS XL. If you have a new 3DS you can probably get retroarch to work and have the next best retro machine since the PSP. I'm considering buying a DS flashcart as well.
I also recommend bravely default, mon hun, etrian odyssey games, the 3D classic games, and zelda ALBW.

Freeshop seems to have frozen on the extracting latest cache screen. Is it safe for me to reboot?

safe or not, you have no choice

you sound like a giant faggot to be honest so no, the 3ds will never be good enough for you.

I heard that was horrible, but apparently there's snes VC injects for the n3ds that aren't bad.
good choice. there were so many great games on it.
now how do you get those to work?
I believe some user posted a guide giving instructions, apparently it involved installing the same cia to your sysnand as well as your emunand? I could never get that working.

So, how do freeshop and CIAngel work?
What exactly do they do?

open wide fagget
youtube.com/watch?v=NOAZPj10DtQ

just reset the time before it turns to the next day….it doesn't have to stay at 0…and yes it can crash a lot.

I have done this one 3 different 3DS machines.
For two it was excellent for one it was a nightmare. One time took over 50 tries, and the last one took about 30. I reset the web browser then just kept hammering it until it worked.

i had ironhax installed i used it to downgrade to 9.2 now browserhax works.

blargsnes is okay, it's the only way to go on o3ds for snes but on new 3ds there's no reason not to use VC.

you have to install the gba .cias to both nands and then make sure you have a patched agb_firm (luma does this by default).

I usually get it done in one try. Try redownloading your 2.1 firmware and for safety's sake try and verify your nand dumps in d9 or something.

Quick question: How would I go about downloading RetroArch emulators and putting it on my 3ds folder as if it were brand new? I'm asking because I've downloaded the nightly and I think I fucked up somewhere, as it won't load, and if I can't get it working I may need to redownload and replace everything related to it.

Is there anything specific I need to configure to get Japanese games to show up in Freeshop/CIAngel on Luma3DS?

Nah, he got a Spotpass update for 10.5 which effectively "blocked" later updates from coming in.

Then you boot into Hourglass9 / decrypt9 and restore a NAND backup.

AL9H has FIRM0/1 protection. That means the exploit protects itself from being overwritten during updates, so this isn't really even possible. And Luma / Rei block spotpass updates by default, so the idea of "cfw blocking update" (for al9h) is wrong on multiple levels.

Of course, 'permanence' also refers to the fact that the exploit runs on boot and is 100% guaranteed. Menuhax (and any ARM9 exploit run using it) can fail.

And today AL9H was updated so that it can run CFW without an SD off the NAND. Once you know how AL9H works you can easily see that it's update-proof.

With AL9H you install it once and it's done.

I hear this is being used for n3ds owners all the time. I assume it'll work on O3ds? I'll give it a go, thanks.

I wasn't talking about how to use them. That is simple enough, even without any guide. What I want to know is how they manage to download games that aren't owned from Nintendo's servers. Is all game ownership stored locally? Does Nintendo not have a local database which links device IDs with games they may access?

Aah. Now there's a good question. I don't have much information, but here's what I know:

The release of Title Keys has a big part to do with it. Title Keys are apprently addresses to games. So, having the right key would presumably get you the game.

I learned much of this in this thread from these posts

For whatever retarded reason, I assume that somehow it is possible to make an account-less connection to their eshop servers and download content provided you have the right keys.

You will probably have to visit a cesspit to learn more.

So, does it just prevent all intrusive updates or it cures them somehow? Because lately nin been forcing updates to go out online.

A9LH doesn't have firm0/firm1 protection, that's in the cfw you use. It's not a huge deal because most do but for cakes you have to enable it manually, and gateway just doesn't have any protection.

Your cfw should do that as well. Rei and Luma I know both block updates and background updates. You might get the pop-up on startup telling you there's an update available but it will never background download an update.

A9LH is usable on both o3ds and new 3ds yeah

PS4/Xbone getting hacked WHEN?

i think i fucked up.

So what's going on with the FE:if fan translation?

The post on Serene's Forest doesn't say anything about new about the project, in fact it doesn't look like they've updated it in awhile, and a bunch of news sites said that the project was dead.

Is there a .cia for the new MH demo yet? I want to see how badly they fucked up the translation.

Have you tried doing the Y2K trick for browserhax?
What have you done so far?
What firmware are you on?
Do you not have the files you need on your SD card?

I have a code for it if you just want me to give you one. Not sure if it's still up though.

Nah fam, last time I checked, installing anything from the eShop uninstalls your .cias and I don't feel like spending forever reinstalling all of them.

yes i tried the y2k trick, i'm on version 9.2, and on part 3(redNAND) after i ran EmuNAND9 and put the files back into the sd it stopped working, so i'm locked out of homebrew and can't access luma3ds.

Got my 3ds hacked only a couple days ago. FreeShop is amazing. Quick questions:

Awakening was pretty decent when I played it, there's some shitty censorship like the beach scenes or whatever but ultimately the lines don't feel too butchered. I'm not sure what the state of the fantranslation for FE:Fates is, I know they translated a good deal of the story before it released in NA but no idea if they finished all of the lines or if it's story only with a choice few conversations on the side.

Any hidden gems? So far I found Legend of the Dark Witch, a comfy megaman clone with pixel lolis.

Both of those games can be found in this thread:
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/273232-mega-cia-collection-undub-bravely-uncensored-monster-hunter-3-4-a.html
Use the login info from here:
pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U
As far as the Mii Plaza, I think this is what you want:
3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/266611-multi-streetpass-mii-plaza-update-4-0-paid-games-eu-jpn.html?highlight=plaza

Those kind of sites are where you're gonna find games that had no digital release.
Can't help you with the last two.

No idea about CIAngel, but Freeshop should have all that already.

Correct mii if I'm wrong, but it should just be in the main menu.

You're fucked if you're using FreeShop, and I don't have the cia on me. Try checking 3dsiso.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/183608682/playcoin.zip

It's actually a better translation than Fates, aside from bullshit censorship curtains, but as far as an uncensor goes, no clue.

I'm on ReiNand 10.3 and trying to get into this shit.

I've read "on the internet" that you can start from github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)

and "Pretend that it says EmuNand everywhere it says RedNand" and it'll work…

Can anybody who has done this with their OWN N3DS not "Oh, I read that some guy did it" confirm that is true? Did you run into any snags?

Nope, can't see it nor the mii maker. Maybe it's because I didn't link the NNID yet?

Pretty sure mine came with them before I did that.

That always bugged me (yay poor translations), but wow, what a perfect gif.

The dsiware games are exceptionally comfy, not alot of people know about them. Alphabounce, Kappa's Trail, and Myst are examples.
otherwise there's Retro City Rampage (gta clone)
Dillon's Rolling western 1 & 2(sonic + tower defense)
Azure Striker Gunvolt (megaman zero-like)
Mutant Mudds (kirby-like)

I played it on vita, and it honestly was shit. Poor reference-based humor, and the gameplay itself wasn't stellar.

Most CFW block spotpass updates. With A9LH there isn't much reason not to update, although if you wish, you can stay an older firmware and use ctr-httpwn (homebrew, not cfw) to bypass features that require updates.

github.com/yellows8/ctr-httpwn

So you can potentially overwrite your AL9H when using Cakes? Rofl. I'd only heard about the GW version being unprotected, so I figured it was related to the AL9H installer and not the CFW. One less reason to use Cakes, not that I had any before.

Mercenaries Saga 2 is a comfy SRPG.

found a fix if anyone else is having this problem, delete the file boot.3dsx on your sd card and get a new one from smeas site.

So if some games being region-free what are games that had better localizations in Europe then they did in the US?

Supposedly the EU version of Fire Emblem Awakening didn't have the censor curtain for the DLC and their version of Triforce Heroes wasn't as heavy on the memes, but what are some games that are confirmed better from one region over the others?

The team that was doing it randomly quit. There was a big stink because the leader of the group acted like a huge asshole and everyone on serene's was sucking his dick regardless.

Anyway, the project was apparently handed off to another team according to the leader guy, and I haven't heard anything since (by that I mean that no information has trickled over to 8/v/, I don't actually browse serenes).

Here's hoping that shit will get done one day, but I'm not holding my breath. At least we don't have to pay for that shit.

Awakening got some bad script changes, but nothing as bad as replacing entire support dialogue with (…). There's no fan translation, so learn japanese or just play it. If you go in blind, you won't notice anything.

mah nigga, I just discovered that myself when going through freeshop. It's great, I especially like the gradius type power up system.

They didn't have the curtain but they censored the dialogue in the DLC. In the jap and american version they talk about their boob sizes and how Nowi is jealous that her's are small. In the EU version they talk about hair instead.

sd

Does anybody have the old DSTT flashcart? I wanted to know if it works on CFW.

Any flash cart should work in cfw, but if your flash cart is very old and doesn't contain any header data then you need to install a launcher, you can find hose on gbatemp. Most carts should just show up in the home menu though.

The first 2 parts are setting up homebrew and downgrading so yes, if you're already on 9.2 you can skip those. Emunand and rednand are functionally the same so it doesn't matter which one you're using. The only real advantage to rednand is that the dumps may be smaller (depending on your 3ds' nand chip). You will be fine going from part 3.

It's just a patch you can check in cakes on startup, not a total shortfall like gateway. Cakes won't even enable signature patching unless you try it on in the menu beforehand. That's just how cakes works.

What are the steps I would need to take to switch to a larger microSD card on my n3DS? I've followed the steps in the guide and everything works fine. Would it just be a case of copy pasting everything off the old one over to the new one?

You have to format it with Emunand9. Select the Format SD (No EmuNAND) option and copy the files to it after and you should be good.

Thanks friend.

Somewhat unrelated but Has anything new happened in the WiiU hacking scene or is it still utter faggotry with no progress outside of loadiine?

Honestly, I only came here for Maki.
>TFW no Maki.

…huh. Should I just replace WL4, or upgrade my CFW?

time to upgrade, friend.

it has to be installed on both your sysnand and emunand. I would recommend replacing your CFW either way, just follow instructions in the OP.

Ah right right, since the SysNAND was formatted, it wouldn't have any of the original files. Thanks.

K so I'm going through the process but for some reason after formatting SysNand with TinyFormat MenuHax won't install.

I

and instead of booting into the Homebrew Launcher, I boot right to SysNand, with no theme selected. The installer just wipes the Theme data and does nothing to install the actual hack.

I am using a 128gb card, if that makes any difference, but if I turn the system off with the theme as red, then boot up without trying to install themehax, it still comes up as red, so I imagine the issue is with menuhax.

Is my installation fucked? My head is getting hot.

Are you >10.6? Menuhax was patched and doesn't work. Just use OOT3Dhax if you need to downgrade. (I only see 3Dhax being used on 10.6 in lieu of menuhax, so I have to ask.)

After you change your theme to red, you need to change it *BACK* to no theme selected before installing menuhax. Failing that I would delete all of your homebrew shit off the SD and download a fresh starter.zip. Getting a fresh boot.3dsx helped a lot of homebrew woes I had.

No, this is on SysNand 9.2. Step 22 on this page

I've installed menuhax probably half a dozen times now and never needed to do that, but okay, I'll try it. Thank you.

My concern is that I'm trying to install to Sysnand, which is inaccessible by computer - only Emunand is. Sysnand is in a hidden partition now.

Just a quick FYI, it didn't work.

Anyway, at least my emunand is still accessible via Luma, so hopefully I'll be able to pick up where I leave off on the guide tomorrow. I've got enough backups/images of my sd card to get me back to ReiNand even, I'm sure.

Thanks for the help

I know the thread's dead, but I'll try anyway. Does anyone have a way to play Pokemon Picross without waiting for picrites? Like some way to edit my save or whatever to give me some?

I'm currently running cakesfw on my 3ds and want to be able to play online again. From what I can gather I need to update my emunand to do this, but my emunand isn't accessible (cakes boots to a black screen). I believe my emunand (redNAND I guess) is at 10.7 as that is what's displayed in system setting upon booting to sysnand, but have no idea if that's accurate, or what my sysnand is. Is it safe to assume my sysnand is 9.2 and just set up an emunand on a SD card and then update it or do I have to do something else entirely? Trying to be cautious here, thanks for the help in advance.

Bump pls help I want to learn more so I may help in the future.

What is the biggest and fastest sd card an O3DS will read?

I'm pretty sure you only need the fully updated version of the game you're trying to play online to actually play online.

Updating emunand allows you to access the eShop, but we have FreeShop, so it doesn't matter.

>it already came rpe patched to 11.

Woke up today and my sim card isn't functioning at all. My 3ds doesn't even register it as being plugged in at all. I had Reinand installed and the emunand was fully updated. What happened and how do I fix it?

Oh god the people at halfchan were right, it has begun

I have a 64 gig UHS 3 card in my 3DS, haven't noticed any problems with it so far.
It does take like half an hour for >1 gig .cia's to install, but I don't know if that's me or just a general thing.

3ds will read any card you put in it formatted fat32 but the reader only reads as fast as class 4 if I recall so you're not gaining anything but transfer time on a pc buying a faster one.

summer is shit.

I want to buy a used one online for cheap, but I'm worried about what you went through
Maybe people will be nice enough to tell me the sys version

I did this back in February with all of your help. I've completed this process three times on three different systems, but I'm at a loss right now. I don't know what happened and I don't know if it's completely fucked.

Anyone ever figure out Neo Geo Emu?

Hopefully someone makes a .cia of pokemon sun/moon when they come out
I don't even care about online I just want it period

Why?

Does any one know if there's a way to get Retroarch to automatically recognize rom paths, instead of me manually digging through my SD card to find roms.

Nah I tried that with a fully updated smash and it gave me an error saying I needed a system update

you're retarded if you think there's even a slight chance there won't be. Hell, if you're lucky you might get it a week early from some scene people like the new kirby.

if you're using AuReiNand or an old version of Luma3DS, update. There was a change in the friends list with 11.0.

I'm trying to update my emuNAND to 11.0 on cakesfw. I explained more in

Ok so i have found a 2ds with 6.0 firmware. I'm completely ignorant on to get custom firmware on my system and I would like to know how.

return it. buy another one.

Bumping ded thred

There's a guide in the OP

Part one is for basic homebrew, parts two and three are for CFW and parts four and five are for the "permanent CFW".

That's why you always ask first, I got mine from a local pawn shop type place and they let me power the things on to see what version. Got one at 9.6 or thereabouts.

Ask them. If it's not as they say report them for misleading you.

I think you can set a starting path at least.

From your first post, you said you've checked your SysNAND and it says 10.7, then ask if it's still 9.2. I'm going to take a guess and say it's not.

Luckily it's not 11.0. Downgrade SysNAND again and see if you can use Cakes to get into Emu/RedNAND.

If you still can't after all that, try using Luma or ReiNAND, they're more or less just dropping files into the SD card and using a different application on HBL.

Oh, and as always, I'll hang around for a couple hours to answer questions and call you all shit for not backing up.

Thanks dude. Should I backup both NANDS before downgrading? Because Imma start on the sysNAND awaiting your response

Wait hold up, if I downgrade then update my emuNAND will my sysNAND simply mimic it or do I have to do something else entirely, because as is my console boots to sysNAND so that's what I want to be at 11.0 in the end. Sorry for being a shitter, thanks for the help

updating emunand through system settings(and only from there) keeps sysnand intact on it's version

Well in that case how do I get my sysNAND up to date without bricking my console

a9lh
I don't use that tought.

I just use emunand, you can use menuhax to launch your CFW from the homebrew menu on boot.
So if you boot normally, you get your low version sysnand.
but if you boost holding the L button, you can access your up to date emunand and use all kinds of pirated stuff there.
If you haven't done anything yet I recommend getting into a9lh, it has more stuff and seems safer after you get it done.

It seems you're sysnand in 9.2, that's the best one for emunand and from your previous posts it seems you already have one… If your cakes cfw is broken or something like that, try booting your emunand with rxtools or prefferably Luma3DS, or then make a new emunand. In emunand you can install cias and shit, you just need to update the emunand from system manu(while in emunand) and boom, online. If you want a hacked sysnand, then you have to downgrade to 2.6 or something like that to get a9lh;

I didn't downgrade yet no. I might already have a9lh. See I followed this tutorial; github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew) back a couple months ago when it used cakes instead of luma and have since performed this again on a friends n3ds. Anyways, heres a screenshot of both the root of my sd card and the /3ds folder. Hope it helps. Thanks again, I know so very little about this

No my sysNAND is at 10.7 and i've already done the whole process to get hacked sysNAND. I'm just not sure how to update it now that it's hacked

Ah, if you're using a9lh then I can't help ya, but I think it's fine to just update your sysnand, I think that's the whole point of a9lh. Make sure you have that shit then, otherwise you're fucked if you update it.

Jesus christ how horrifying. I'll look around on gbatemp and make triple sure it's okay

I have had reinand since forever, and I want to switch to Luma. I'm not using A9LH and I don't plan to. Is there a point to switching? Or can I switch in the first place since I'm not using A9LH

Also I'm using ctrBootManager as I was instructed to use forever ago from a past bunker thread. I've tried installing Luma myself by switching out the files and shit myself along with renaming folders and shit but it just loads to a black screen.

I'm literally a fucking retard faggot and I need to be spoonfed; the Luma3DS github's wiki doesn't help me enough.

You need Luma3DS when updating, because it'll block modification of the area where A9LH resides.

Okay so if I simply add all the files from the latest Luma3ds release to the root of my SD card then i'll be safe or is there more to it? oh also what options should I check off in config? are theses ones (pulled form guide) accurate? Autoboot SysNAND"
"SysNAND is updated"
"Force A9LH detection"
"Show current NAND in System Settings"
"Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM"

If A9LH is booting into a recent version of Luma3DS then it's safe to update. Keep a sysNAND backup anyway because it's still possible for that to break, it's just possible with A9LH to restore it without hardmodding.

So if I see the luma config screen upon first boot and check off the options listed above then I should be good to go?

Follow the install guide and you'll be good. If you're still worried you can boot to an emuNAND still, it's just slower and takes 2GB on your SD card.

Jesus christ that was the most nerve destroying update ever, but it worked like a charm. Thanks for the help everyone, I feel like I understand this whole thing quite a bit more now

My mate just dropped me a message. If you're interested in ZTD, half-chan has the goods:

.3ds (no way to test myself, but no reason why it shouldn't work): mega.nz/#!NohCXK7Q!3cU8SuzMX0nVdBY_3qdyfOiUKDWYwENJcgQKwYW1c7Q
.cia (tested myself. not cryptofixed, sorry): mega.nz/#!uEdxFKRQ!UF8zqAUJ13f2BHi8TArg4UOD3jF2-Hb82vLUeV-M81o
Yes, the cart size is larger than the JP pre-load.

Going by the thread there, this shit's legit. Beware of spoilers though.

I myself am still stuck on an EU N3DS with RXTools and 9.2 firmware. How long would it take me to switch over to Luma?

What do I get by installingArm9loaderhax?

Ahh I got it working thank you.

I need help getting sysnand/emunand programs to work on my N3DS and I'm worried I may have screwed myself.

For some background, I had a working rednand setup (using Luma) on my N3DS and was attempting the 2.1.0 downgrade. It kept failing at random points during the first phase even after redownloading the 2.1.0 files and restoring rednand several times each. At that point, I thought that maybe something was wrong with sysnand since crap was being added via spotpass, so i restored from a backup I made just before attempting the downgrade (file size matched what I needed and everything). Ever since I did that, I noticed I couldn't get back into rednand or Emunand9, Decrypt9, or any program that handles sysnand/emunand. Even so, my N3DS still works fine, it's still on 9.2.0, menuhax works as well as the other homebrew stuff on it, just not anything that handles sysnand/emunand.

I've tried everything I could think of so far: repeated attempts, opening it through a different entry point, using different SD cards, making sure those cards had no dead sectors or other issues, starting over from part 1 of the guide, but nothing works. I get a black screen. Every. Single. Time.

What makes me especially worried is that I asked in the #3dshacks channel in IRC chat and even Plailect himself couldn't offer a solution once I explained my situation, so he said to ask dok3 which I haven't done yet.

One thing I haven't tried yet is updating to a higher version via cart, but I don't have any games that go higher than 9.2.0. Other than that, I may end up having to update and then restore via hardmod which I don't mind since I already have all the tools and materials I'll need except for the card reader, and that should be arriving in a few days.

Note that I still have my backups of both sysnand and rednand intact (more than what the guide said to make); I just can't do anything with them at the moment.

Also, I have an O3DS with a9lh installed and working fine. If that or anything else is needed to solve this issue, I'm open to suggestions.

coldboot with 100% rate, ability to load decrypt9/emunand9/any other arm9 reliant tool on startup, and the ability to completely drop emunand for a sysnand-only system making gba cias easy. Also, if you corrupt your sysnand you can load something from before it loads and restore a backup, so you're soft-brick proof (as long as you have a backup).

tough shit dude, sorry. If you could get into a sysupdater I would say try again but if you can't even do that a hardmod sounds like the wisest course of action, and doubly so because you'll be truly brick-safe.

I tried loading both sysUpdater and Plaisysupdater and it looks like they only work partially. Both programs load but they're unable to verify any existing cias that are already installed.

Unless a cart update fixes it, it looks like hardmod is my only option now.

So did Nintendo get wise and fuck up the eShop? CIAngel suddenly doesn't work.

No user, it still works fine. Double check your shit.

dirty nohandheld scrub here: if I have no 3ds I won't be able to decrypt a 3ds file I got from the share thread, right?

No. You can have someone decrypt it for you though.

Going through the steps to switch over from menuhax to a9hl. After updating emunand fw to latest it no longer loads. Next step requires emunand so now what?

Try loading it with a different cfw.
If that fails, restore from an emunand backup. If you don't have a backup, reformat and create a new one.

Tried luma but I just get a red screen. Is there anything else needed to switch to a new cfw from rxtools that wasn't mentioned in the OP?

what's your sysnand version?
when you set up luma you have to hold select to get to the menu first time and check settings, then restart and try again.

Holding select worked, thanks.

Finished and I'm on CFW Sysnand 11.0

Can I go to eShop/link my NNID now, etc? Sorry for the stupid question, but I've done a bit of searching around, and the closest I got was some chink filming himself going to the eshop on Jewtube, which I don't really trust.

you can go on eshop and have your nnid linked on 11.0 emunand, but if you get an error you might need to do a format from system settings on sysnand. If they're already unlinked it should be okay though.

Is current N3DS firmware supported by Luma or is the N3DS still hanging back?

Whoops, maybe I wasn't clear - I'm on a9lh CFW Sysnand 11.0 - following the guide on github, I formatted out emunand partition because it said it was unnecessary. I just screwed myself out of eShop access?

no with a9lh you're still good for eshop access. if it was working on your emunand before it should be exactly the same way now.

N3DS Emunand has been fine for a while now, it can go up to 11.0 okay. If you mean sysnand then you're retarded, though.

Oh okay, phew…There are a few GB eShop games I bought and haven't found .cias for, so I'm gonna grab em from eShop again. Thanks user.

You restored a backup to sysnand or rednand?

If you can't get into emunand or any -9 based programs, that generally means you don't have ARM9 access and possibly on a "frakenfirmware". Usually caused by an incomplete downgrade but the symptoms seem to match, and might've happened when you restored the backup (if you restored it to sysnand and not rednand.) If this is what happened, safest way to fix it would be to run sysupdater from menuhax again and re-downgrade to 9.2.

Less safe ways of fixing it would be running plaisysupdater and downgrading sysNAND straight to 2.1 and installing AL9H (like in the guide.) But I doubt you'll be able to get into emunand with your current firmware (even if it is showing 9.2.)

I've been out of the loop for some time now, but that's good to hear

If anyone does actually think that he deserves everything happening to him and worse.

Just fully modified my 2ds. What are some must have homebrew apps?

Ok cool I got it working.

My personal ones are in the utilities pack linked in OP, that I think are essential. But for a list, JK's save manager for 3ds saves, TWLSaveTool for DS Cart Saves, FTP-GMX for ftp transfers on new 3ds, ciangel/freeshop for easy game getting (though if possible I like to send cias over because of how slow the 3DS' wireless is). Homebrew launcher as a cia is useful, but you need it less as you go. CHMM for custom themes, CTRXplorer for file exploring are good bets too.

Yes, it's just the 9-based programs I can't run along with Luma, but I already tried using sysUpdater to downgrade to 9.2 again and the error message I'm getting is "Failed to get CIA file info." (PlaisysUpdater skips straight to the end then reboots) I made sure to delete my updates folder and copy a new one straight from the 9.2.0 zip linked in the guide.

Still, based on what you described, it sounds like an update should fix it, but it would have to be with a cart, unless there's another way to update to a version other than 11.0.

If I downgrade sysNAND to 2.1.0, I might run into the same issue where it doesn't get past the first phase (which is what started this mess), and even if it does, there's a chance it'll fail resulting in either a brick or forced update meaning I'll have to do the hardmod anyway. I'd rather do it while the system is still working fine so I know nothing broke in the process.

I'm actually set on the hardmod at the moment. I just need the card reader and I'm all set.

Is there any better way to get homebrew on 9.9 O3DS than browserhax?

Updating from rxtools, should I go with Luma or Rei?

Follow this guide exactly. Use Luma.

How do i boot the modified sysnand (the one where i can install gba cias) with luma?
Also since some games needs to be repaired on the eshop, is there a way to do it even if the game is out of region?
I want to try Rhythm heaven but i'm yuropoor.

Holy shit thats a lot of steps. I start from part 4 correct?

3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/275112-mega-cryptofix-rhythm-heaven-megamix-usa.html?highlight=rhythm cryptofix

here is cryptofixed version

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

here are instuctions on how to play shit from out of your region (you have to enable it in luma setup too)

the new Rhythm Heaven seems very casual to me with minigames being much easier and shorter, maybe it will get better later on but the shitty story mode doesn't make it any more pleasant either

Have you followed

You don't boot modified sysnand with Luma, Luma is just like Rei or rxTools any other CFW loader in essence. Modified sysnand only comes after a downgrade to 2.1, a9lhax installation, etc.

You can install GBA cias onto emunand without a9lh, you just need to inject FBI into Health and Safety on your SysNand so you can install it in Sysnand, then use it again to install it in Emunand.

Yes, it's a huge commitment for a huge reward.

If you already have an emunand, you start from Part 3. Do all of the backups they say to. Double check your steps, folders, and what the files are named.

Ok I've downloaded all of those, thank you.

That's where i got it though, but it hangs one the "Nintendo 3DS" screen. I'll try to redownload it, too bad the "regionfree" thing with luma is like ntr. Thanks anyway user.

No i didn't followed that guide, i followed the guide that was posted here in january when the news that you could downgrade to 9.2 if you were 9.3+ broke out. I had Rxtools until a month ago when a friend of mine told me to use luma instead, so i switched. But when i was using Rxtools to install gba games i had to boot rxtools menu and then boot rxmode sysnand or whatever, i never injected fbi in H&S on the "normal" sysnand because i couldn't.

A friend of mine still uses rxtools (I set it up for him months before Luma3DS was released). Is it hard to change Custom Firmwares, or you just have to choose another on the homebrew menu?

I think you can have both rxTools and Luma on your 3ds bro. Just boot into rx to install the games, then boot into luma for whatever else.

That is, if you're not going to do a9lh, which is totally fucking awesome.

I tried to switch again to rxtools, but for some reason it can't load the emunand anymore. After the quick splashscreen everything is black until i shutdown the 3DS.
And i'm not that interested in a9lh, especially since it's a long procedure and i could risk a brick.

and you're 100% sure you're not missing ANY of the files necessary for it to load properly? Have you referenced any of the rxtools installation guides to double check what is needed? I never used it, so I can't be of too much assistance there…

I was terrified of it too, but I did all of the backups, and knew when to quit when I was too tired/getting cross-eyed/distracted, etc.

It's honestly pretty safe unless you've done region-spoofing mods, can't read (ie, download EUR firmware to a USA console) and skip doing the backups.

I'm confused. Will going along with the update nag fuck everything over or am I clear if I've already got my nands unlinked and rxtools installed?
I've had CFW on mine for a few months now and I've just been ignoring the nag but something went awry and I can't play DS carts anymore so I figure updating will probably unfuck it.

Yes, it was fully working before so i don't know why it doesn't work.
Then i guess i'll do it when i have enought time to do everything right.

:(

Yeah. The first time I did CFW I shit you not it took me a week to do it. I was autistic in my obsession to get everything right, but it is so worth it in the end.

I'm going to keep lurking these threads, and I will answer any anons questions that I can, so hopefully you have the time soon.

I wasn't scared the first time i downgraded and did the CFW, i knew that i simply had to follow the guides and everything would work out. But after reading various al9h guides i felt like it's too dangerous, i mean after all i'm fine the way i am and risking everything for some new features isn't worth the effort imho.
Anyway, thanks user.

Wanted to know if downgrading 11.0 was still fucked completely or is there a back door in oot or something? Also, how's the Wii U hacking coming along?

What would cause Luma to keep booting back to the homebrew menu? I've looked over the instructions half a dozen times and I don't see what I'm missing

Alright so two questions:

1. I'm on the RedNAND part of the guide and I can't get Luma3DS to save it's settings. Whenever I set it to show NAND version in the system screen it just won't. I pretty sure I'm in Luma, as the clock is different from just normally booting and the icons are arranged differently, but I'm not sure when I go into the system settings if I'm still in Luma since there's no Emu- in front of the version number.
Any thoughts on why this could be happening? (It isn't that the SD card is set to be locked.)

2. To anyone who's ever opened up a 3DS XL how hard would it be to just replace the bottom shell? The plastic part of the hinge above my R button snapped off and now a crack is forming around where the Wi-Fi light is, so I was going to buy a new shell and just replace the bottom, but I was wondering if I would need to disassemble the top as well.

See

Do you have all the files for Luma? If you're missing the .dat in the root I think that will cause it to go back to the homebrew menu.

You guys who keep making these threads and helping people are awesome. Got a9hl and luma running now. 100% boot rate to 3D without having to close and open the lid is well worth it.

Are you booting System Setting instantly? If you close System Settings it goes back to SysNAND, so on a second opening would show a different firmware.

Easiest way to tell is put a theme on the Emu/RedNAND that differs from SysNAND.

Personally, I use pink on Sys to tell myself I'm a faggot and cannot play games on this NAND, and on my Emu I have a tearful Pikachu, to remind me about all those games I installed but will never play.

As for the XL, the outer casing comes of pretty well, from what I know. I've not done it, but if it's the same as a 2DS or O3DS, there's an outer shell which is the one that gets broken, and an inner shell that actually houses things. They're pretty much screw and play, like a whore.

FUCK

I've got it all. I even tried going back to emuNAND and rxtools and I'm still in a loop.
Would having too much stuff lying around in the root cause problems?

you're probably still fine, just boot with the sd card out and if you can boot up try downgrading again.

So I have an old version of Reinand without a9lh and I was considering upgrading. How would I go about doing that?

Uploaded pic related in .3ds form for those with Gateway, already Cryptofixed.

[CRYPTOFIXED] Rhythm Heaven Megamix (USA)

mega.nz/#!YtZUkDyS!cLTTj1uEEGvkVfQsii49kHTveptZL9O83rgsBgQDTEU

Read the guide posted a thousand fucking times already? It's even in the OP. Read the OP. It's there for a reason.

still no emunand or anything permanent

Same as it ever was - i.e. no emuNAND, still relies on SD card usage, is still finnicky with certain games though I should note I finally got Hyper Metroid to fucking work on it, so that's a great sign.

I don't fucking get what I'm missing. I'm at 9.2, I have redNAND set up, I have the tools the guide tells me to have, but I'm still getting booted back to the homebrew menu

on 10.3 and can get to browserhax fine, but the only option that shows up is the "region free launcher". i think it may be how i setup my SD card so can anyone give me a reference of their setup?

alright ignore this im just autistic

if you use menuhax, make sure its set to boot to sysNAND by default (without pressing buttons on while turning on)
i had the same problem until a few minutes ago

now i just gotta find out how to inject fbi again

Hey guys, a while ago I downloaded the Japanese CIA for Hyrule Warriors Legends and now the NA version is out. I can't update the CIA from the eShop as it doesn't have the data for the Japanese CIA, so, I'm wondering

Can I update it via downloading a patch in the form of a CIA file or can I somehow transfer my save to the NA version, as impossible and stupid as that might sound? I want to update it so I can get the extra characters and so I can download the DLC as well.

Thanks in advance

Nevermind guys

By the power of Exodia's forbidden sandwich I've finally found the answer, I believe.

Thanks in advance

It's just that now that I've updated it the textures are fucked up and various menu buttons are replaced with parts of the "COMPLETE!" texture and shit.

Gonna have to find a fix. Various map icons are broken, too, so it makes it confusing for me.

So I posted before about having trouble with CIAngel, and I've noticed that it's now only finding VC/DSi titles instead of real games. I tried replacing the .3ds and .smdh files with fresh ones, downloaded the new .json, and even tried installing the .cia for it, hoping that would somehow work differently than just running the homebrew. None of that fixed anything, it still won't actually search for or find any real games. Has anyone seen anything like this?

How do i transfer my saves from Jap Rhythm Haven to the english version?

and hypothetically, if I decide to buy and download a legit copy, can i still do this

It makes up for it in volume at least compared to the DS one, I haven't played the wii version

use JK's save manager and dump both a JP and ENG copy's saves, then using FTP or just putting the sd card in your computer, swap the two folders and reinject into the english copy.

Anyone had experience with MonHun4U saves?

I'm trying to run MonHun with 2 accs between 2 3DSs, as my roommate and I regularly swap between the consoles (We don't care about most games, but we do MonHun)

SaveBackupManager gives me 3 files, System, User1, User 2 (I have two profiles, so that checks out).

Do I just inject those 3 onto my other console?

Even better, can I only install 1 user at a time? Does the system file need to be the same on both? Would it be possible to have playtime done on user1 on console1, and user2 on console2, then swap user1 to console2 and user2 to console1 without any conflicts in the saves?

Try use FreeShop. From what I can tell, there's no downside to using it, only upsides.

You can install the Japanese update, yes. You'd have to find the .cia and install it like DLC or a game.
Looks like you've got a shitty install from that last comment. Try uninstalling the update via FBI/BBM/DevMenu and redownloading, as you may of had a shitty download.

Finally, yes you can transfer the JPN to US saves, in most cases. As HW was a JPN gam with Eng localisation already done, I can't see why it wouldn't be plug and play.
Ask if you need more help, I'm not an expert on saves.

What method are you using to get to HBL?

Update your ReiNAND by looking for guides on it on the internet.
Swap out the files for Luma files, which is detailed in section 3 of the Pailect guide, which is in the OP.

I got it to work in the end. I did the one thing I always maintained was complete bullshit.
I opened FTBrony
Fug.

How's the USA version of Rhythm Tengoku? CIangel doesn't seem to have the JP version.

I don't see how that could fix anything but at least it's working now.

check 3dsiso, there's probably a rip but you have to wait for someone to buy it on the eshop and submit the title key to 3ds.titlekeys.com for it to be in ciangel.

also, since the thread is approaching the bump limit I'm going to start working on the op again. Anyone have anything to add other than doing cdn cia downloads?

Yo, I'm at step 4 on github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)

and my system keeps giving me shit about copying the contents of the SD card, some gibberish about conflicting names and etc, is this an issue w/ linux (which im currently using)? I'm assuming I have to wait until I use a winblowz comp?

shouldn't be any issue, just make it it's own folder and copy all the stuff in.

that doesn't help much.

it's reading out

"Filename already exists. Please rename or select an action."

Some gibberish, and then error msg saying input/output error ex:

Timed out calculating total size

Accessing /media/sdb1-usb-TS-RDF5_SD_Trans/3ds/prboom/the comb.ina
Error: Input/output error

Accessing /media/sdb1-usb-TS-RDF5_SD_Trans/3ds/prboom/ by a c.ont
Error: Input/output error

just copy your prboom folder seperately or delete those 2 things from it then.

Timed out calculating total size

Accessing /media/sdb1-usb-TS-RDF5_SD_Trans/3ds/hans/n>/3ds/e.sho
Error: No such file or directory

Could just be Linux, dunno what other explanation. hans, prboom, ftpd, and qtm all whig out on me

So I downloaded RH Megamix off Freeshop and the screen stays black when I try to run it. Anyone else dealing with this issue?

does it stick on the nintendo 3ds screen or just go black? if it's stuck on the 3ds screen it needs to be cryptofixed, which can be done with fbi or by visiting the page in the eshop.

If it's just blackscreen, fuck if I know, might be an error in freeshop downloading a corruped cia.

It's just black

What the hell happened to Plailect guide? I was about to do the part 4 that I had for some months and the shit is completely different. What the hell?
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)

Is this the same process? github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)

things change over time, plailect's guide gets updated as soon as something significant changes.

But it changed considerably. I remember it like this archive.is/F6T5o
It's pretty similar, tho. Maybe a little easier to use.

Got the CakesCFW from a not so long time ago,
Unlinked NANDS.
How do I make HB launcher work on emunand?

Install the HB Launcher CIA, go to hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_[insert_version_here].bin, find boot.3dsx and rename to brew.3dsx or whatever the fuck you renamed the original to - all provided you're using a boot manager, of course.

Had the same problem. Decided to stick with my JP CIA for now. It isn't the sort of game that needs translation.

I, too, have no idea how FTBrony could affect anything, but it did work
If I had to guess, with my limited knowledge of FTP on 3DSs, I'd say when you open it up it activates or deactivates a part of the ARM11 that allows the SysUpdater to get in easily.

So how can I update Japanese games? I downloaded Taiko no Tatsujin and the DLC for it, but I can't access the DLC unless I update the game.

Just normal updating won't work, I can't find the update on CIAngel because it's in moon, and I don't know how I would find out it's title key.

I'm at the final few steps of Pailect's guide, Luma3ds and arm9 n etc etc is all setup, and it boots just fine, but the FBI health inject refuses to work, it gives me "failed to open txt color config" error

I'm assuming I can just remake another inject file with the universal generator? or is there other crap I have to do?

My sysNAND is on 9.2.0-20 while my emuNAND is on 11.0.0-33, and I have a few questions.

1. FBI will not give me the option to download CIAs, and I've tried to inject the FBI CIA into the Health & Safety app several times. Health & Safety boots up like normal, even though Decrypt9 states the inject was successful. What do I do?
2. I can't get homebrew to work on my emuNAND. The system forces a restart if I try OOT3Dhax, and boots me back to sysNAND. The thing is, I'm not sure where I fucked up, if I even fucked up in the first place.

My entrypoints are OOT3Dhax and menuhax, my CFW is Luma3DS, and I followed Plailect's guide to part 3, if that helps.

got it fixed, so what emulators are we using?

retroarch for everything plus blargsnes?

on old 3ds

RetroArch for everything, no fucking clue about BlargSNES since I'm using New3DS. You could theoretically squeeze by using VC injects for GB/C games for that subtle 3D effect but it doesn't mean jack shit otherwise.

install fbi through the injected one and try that, you're going to have to anyways because otherwise you'd have to inject every update manually.

retroarch is typically pretty shit for o3ds, I used VC for GB/GBC/GBA and blargsnes for snes. on N3DS SNES VC is pretty great.

It's safe to download stuff from the eShop right?

as long as you're on emunand if you're using emunand. if you're on a9lh then obviously.

I'm using Cakes, that should be good too right?

arm9loaderhax isn't a cfw, it's an entrypoint. cfw doesn't matter. Considering you don't know of a9lh you're probably using an emunand setup, so just make sure you're in emunand.

Now OOT3Dhax won't work on the sysNAND. Any ideas?

oot3dhax uses payloads that are version specific. If you want oot3dhax to work in your sysnand, clear the saves on the cart then load into the homebrew launcher and put the 9.2 payload on it with the installer.

I've done that, and the system still forces a restart. If I've lost my chance for homebrew, I'm okay with it.

if your sysnand is on 9.2 then you can still just use browser/menuhax. On emunand you can install the .cia too.

I think I might have found something. Basehaxx supposedly works on 11.0.0-33, and I really only wanted to play some GBC games on a handheld again. Can anyone confirm that it works?