Fallout 4 playing for the story

user, is there ANY redeemable thing about Fallout 4's story? I was interested in playing it just to know the entire story of what's going on in this game and join brotherhood, but it seems every time i start it with few mods on top it crashes for stupid reasons.

So is it worth to try to get the game working and remove all the mods for the sake of a story?

Reviews say that the story is 10/10 written, and its a masterpiece worth more than a H.P. Lovercraft's Call of Cthulhu or War and Peace of Lev Tolstoy.

I want to know if its the truth.

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10267
imperial-library.info/content/interviews-MW-team
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14706/?
openmw.org/en/
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Secret_of_Cabot_House
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1235
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15429/?
ar15.com/gunstruction/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Of course it's true, Lovecraft isn't worth much because he's a racist and I have no idea who Tolstoy is. Fallout 4 is guaranteed to be better than both.

Ah yes, i am not being sarcastic. Is it fucking worth playing it in vanilla for the plot?

it's legitimately the most boring non-story I've ever seen in a game. I don't know if I could call it the worst written because I was too busy fighting the urge to fall asleep to really digest it, let alone remember any of it.

If you want a relatively good story in a videgame and even a AAA vidya game try the Witcher 3 expansions
Not the base game that was shit, but the Hearts of Stone is really fucking good, and Blood and Wine was also pretty great

Too bad Holla Forums was too busy telling everyone the spoilers about having to nuke boston or kill your son, instead of telling what the fuck the entire story was about.

Or they all just forgot everything just like you did.

Jet was invented in around 2241.
There's a terminal in FO4 that says there was a shipment of Jet (among other drugs) was sent, the entry was written in 2077.

That's should tell you how good the story is.

Really want to download this 50 gigabits shit. It always downloads half broken.

One day i'l download it.

*shipment of Jet sent
Didn't meant to add that second "was"

Maybe they just rewrote this part of the lore?

The story by itself isn't that terrible, the problem is that there are absolutely no connections or interactions between different branches of it.

Also the motives of the factions are terrible.

I'm sure that someone with enough interest could manage to scavenge it by adding things here and there.

Godd Howard did nothing wrong, it's just a fantasy game you shitlord get a life and stop worrying about video games.

just pirate it nigga

nuke your son or kill boston

bullshit

I am talking exactly about pirating. Pirating witcher 3 on a broken hard drive with constantly disconnecting internet leads to broken game archives every time.

I understand it is bullshit. But is it as great as Metal Gear Solid 2, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlones or original fallout games?

then find a flat that isnt in deepest siberia

The more likely senario is that they weren't fucking paying attention to what they were writing.
Cats also went extinct in North America , but there are cats in Fallout 4 despite this.

it's not even close.

None whatsoever.

You're aware it's not even the Brotherhood, but the Western weird Brotherhood, that has nothing to do with the actual Brotherhood or even the mid-western Brotherhood somehow?

Nigga even WITH mods Fallout 4 is barely worth it.

And water is wet. These are the people that told Bioshock Infinite was a very well written amazing story. You should know better.

No.

I still can't wrap my head around that. So fucking good. It's the one shining light in an industry suffering from utter incompetence.

Great thread. Perfect 10.

Most of the story is trash, but I like how they handled the factions. The brotherhood of steel is racist assholes again, but ultimately fighting for the health of the wasteland. The minutemen, while simply an extension of the player, serve as a decent structural backbone, and seeing them actually rise to power is kinda neat. The Railroad is presented as bright-eyed bushy-tailed equality fighters, but it's also shown that they're very stupid. It's interesting, because the obvious answer should be that synths are humans, end of story, but it's clear that synths under most circumstances are actually evil bastards, and only a few are good.

The laboratory or whatever the fuck it was is literal nazis, and that's pretty fucking rad. You can side with whoever you feel like, so if you wanna be a nazi and kill everyone, go ahead.

The forced "you're a father/mother, go find your baby" thing is stupid, and you really didn't need a predefined story. Just dropping in as a courier like in new vegas would have been fine, but whatever. The dialogue your character can say is terrible, so don't expect to have fun in that regard.

I'd argue the game is worth playing if you're actually going to pay attention to the synth stuff, but if you don't give a shit about robots, then it won't be good for you.

The gameplay is fine, but they stripped almost all of the rpg elements out of it, so it's mostly just a scavenger shooter basebuilding game now, which isn't what anyone was asking for, new or oldwave fallout fans.

So, hey, if you want a mindless shooter that has an okay plot, then this can do that for about 20 hours. Longer if you just dick around. The main plot is pretty short, but walking takes a bit, and you'll probably do some dumb sidequests and stuff, none of which are horrid. But they get repetitive sometimes.

Basically, if you're looking for a great story, just go play something else. If you want a passable one, there's a fine one here.

Okay, i will take the bait and answer your stupid question…

The plot is fucking shit compared to new Vegas but way much more better than Fallout 3.

The MC story is a fucking crime against the Fallout community but the factions atleast decent. BoS are unfucked after the F3 fiasco, but since Bethesda can't write they are nothing but power armored nazis this time (with techphobia or something)…

Far Harbor (the second story DLC) actually pretty good. It has the New Vegas vibe.

The robot dlc just a joke. Only wothy it for the skull faced terminator army what you can build.

The companions are okay. They are some really bro tier one and some total miss. But atleast the worst are not as anoying like the New vegas worst companion. Let's just say it tolarable…

Are you happy now Op?

the base game was rushed to shit but they had time to craft atleast some gems from that shit

CDPR lost alot of the original team from W1 and W2 but there's still plenty of niggas there who actually wanna make good games

Anyway, the story is complete shit? I remember i haven't liked the story in bethesda games since oblivion. Oblivion was half assed, but alright, like a hollywood movie, at least it had decent long ass quest lines for all guilds. But skyrim had so small and stupid quests, that after completing all quests in a week i left with nothing to do in it, and modding was just painful repetition of the same shit, but harder.

Fallout 4 is essentially same as skyrim?

What does it mean? What's the difference?

Now that's an interesting post, you are the only person who said anything good about the plot yet.
Good points.

What the point of comparing brotherhood to nazis? Are they killing niggers?
You got me interested with this.

Fuck you man! They are the only valid option to save the future! Kinda like the House dilemma.

You need to be cruel if you want to be get rid of the trash.

Plus you have options to soft them when you became the leader.

I would roll with the Institute any fucking day!

Skyrim as a story at least made sense and managed to get you involved. In Fallout 4 you're in the pants of the world's dumbest man looking for his kid, which is a HUGE turn off.

The main story really was shit. There was some good stuff here and there, like many I enjoyed the Bloody Baron questline in particular. It just caught me by surprise at how good Hearts of Stone is. That shit felt like playable classic literature.

They did?

Ah yes, i never completed a single fallout game in existence yet, so i hope i'l actually like f4 without comparing it to nv or f1-2.

No user, we're not comparing them to nazis, Bethesda is.

They realized they fucked up massively in fo3 with how the portrayed the BoS as OBJECTIVELY THE GOOD GUYS SUPER HEROIC AMAZING POWER ARMOR SUPERMEN, but in fo4 they still didn't know how to unfuck their mess and went in a completely different direction. The BoS in 4 are just power armored dudes who want to kill and destroy anything that's not human, even going as far as to NUKE THE GREATEST COLLECTION OF ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY AVAILABLE POST-WAR IN POSSIBLY ALL OF THE FALLOUT GAMES instead of RECOVERING IT. they're not the tech cult that they should be, they're just a bunch of soldiers who hate ghouls/synths/mutants etc.

tl;dr they're shittily written but not as shittily written as fo3.

No, it's complete garbage in every way.

rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10267

There was literally no reason to not side with the Brotherhood

I think only half of the original team stayed on, you can find pics of the whole team from each of the three games with a comparison somewhere

They kill everyone who doesn't want to be their bitch. This include civilians.
Plus they have some really issue within them (see your self in the game)

Far Harbor is pretty good.
You have way more ending options and the good ones aren't the best for the Island. You can't be playing as "an everything will be better for everyone" route without a few bitter choose.

Wow that's some fucking autism

Thanks for this link.

They want to kill synths, which the game is using as a very hamfisted comparison to blacks and slavery.
One of the factions is even called "The Railroad", who dedicate themselves to freeing synths.

That's what happens when someone is truly passionate about something. Maybe a bit too much, but it's an amazing read.

Even compared to its better predecessors, it's still a VERY bland game. Everything, except the technical aspects of the game, has been polished to the point of not making an impact any more. Nothing about the game is offensive unless you've played the other games, but nothing is particularly outstanding either. It is the oatmeal of games.

As for the main story, it took me 15 minutes of walking around to actually realize I had beaten the game. That is how poorly the story is told and how low the stakes feel.

FO3 BoS is cool. You're just a faggot.

Spotted the railroad synth!
Turn yourself off toaster fucker!

It's total garbage OP, but on the topic, why does FO4 run like such garbage? I ran Skyrim on medium settings 1080p at 60fps but I could hardly run FO4 low settings 1600x900 at a stable 30 (which I believe it's capped at anyways) I uninstalled that garbage 20 minutes after I waited 4 hours to fucking pirate it.

Go play FO1, hell, go play FNV and tell me the BoS in FO3 is good faggot.

Try disabling god rays.

Oh boy, you are going to have a great time installing texture mods on this shit. My machine shits itself from installing any mods containing textures and stops loading shit.

Didn't some user listed how other factions already won the Institution with their tech levels? How Mr House, the NRC, Big Mountain and even raiders did what they do earlier and with more success.

That was the stupidest shit Bethesda could have come out

The main quest is shit, the side quests are shit, the characters are shit and the writing is shit.

Guys, i have legitimate autism. I can't enjoy such great game made by Todd Howard, but i keep reinstalling and deleting it in hopes it would get better if i'l mod it right.

I lost to this shit few months already, how the fuck do i take off this wild ride?!

I created this thread just so i can assure myself that the game is entirely bad and i should stop wasting my precious time spending on this shit.

But on the contrary there were people who bring me good points about it. And i am just going crazy.

I hope this time witcher will fucking download.

Even the people who like Fallout 4 say the story and characters are shit.

Bethesda lost their ability to write after Morrowind it seems.

But if you want to know you can pirate it. Or you can play something good.

if that's height without the heels then most people standing next to her were about 6 feet tall, and I really doubt that.

here you go

I once realized, that being 5 11 is still being a manlet.

Sadly thanks to SJWs they don't teach history anymore but back then everyone was "racist".

Ofcourse nowadays the general public believes the civil war was about blacks. Go back to 1865 and ask a Union soldier what he thinks of his daughter marrying a coon.

Look i'm not gonna lie just to fit in these underaged loosers.

The game as a rpg is sucks. Really sucks.
But it had a few good point. Points which are wasted by an incompetent dev. team milking the same engine since 2002.

Hell i spent quiet a time by building military bases and robot armies just for fucking nothing in this game. And i had fun!

Kinda a sad you could't use any of this because the siege mechanic is trash and the AI is dumb as fuck.

In short: This shit is nothing but a better looking Minecraft shit…

Welcome to the club, brother.

At least we're still taller than most of the female pop and taller than the average man(let).

Is that a challenge?

Could be, could be passable, if you took as stand alone game. As part of the franchise is garbage, due too much conflicts with the lore and overall theme.

It has nothing to do with being underage. I've been playing games since 1998, I have standards.

An RPG with a shit story and shit characters is, surprisingly,

What? Do the bugs, crashes, shit "rpg" elements, nonsense world and everything that's shit about it suddenly go away if you don't treat it as Fallout?

I'd go back to save Lincoln and make sure that his plan to send blacks back to Africa succeeds.

Another thing they don't teach at highschool.

Thank you very much. I needed this to have some laughts.

Absolutely not.

Is it worth it to get cancer?

Whoever said that was either bribed or has brain damage

A dire insult to both of those authors. Fuck, even I could write a better story than the one in FO4.

Funny how Bethesda doesn't even care about their own lore.

Videogames were a mistake.

Do you have any idea how much pussy you can get if you have cancer?

Well, if you like Lovecraft, you're sure to love Fallout 4. It's got some incredibly intelligent and subtle references to Lovecraft's work. Remember the Dunwich Building in Fallout 3?
Well, Bethesda knows that when people like one of their quests enough to bother remembering it, the best thing to do is to include the exact same quest multiple times in the sequel. If you like it once, surely you'll like the same thing again. And again.

I should be inmune to this rage bait after seeing it so many times, but it does.

That's why making remakes after purchasing the rights of some franchise or story is a mistake, because the new owners won't care about the inner consistence of the story's universe.

Thanks user that legitimately makes me laugh.

Raise, now it's your turn

for the sake of this thread not becoming monotonous, please rewrite Fallout 4.

Weird times we live in

I like where this is going

Fuck, now I'm hooked. Is there anything more about this guy?

The only redeemable thing about the story is that it's short.
I could go into an autistic fit and write a big wall of text about shit that doesn't make sense but I'd rather not.

Nothing new guys, Hines was always a douchebag. Are you don't believe me?
Well what if i say even brainwashed people like redditors can't defende his attitude…

Pete and Todd come in package.

I bet that shit has a thousand downvotes at least

To OP: are you interested in finding a non-shit game to play for the story, or are you just baiting Holla Forums?

Thats fucking hilarious.

Sorry i don't really know how reddit work…

Just type: "pete hines being a douchebag" in google.

He has a fame in the gamefaq forums too!

One of the major things I liked about Fallout 4 was the fact that you didn't have to wait for a window to freeze the game and pop up just to loot containers. The lack of that whole real time "taking shit from containers" thing always made it harder to go back to New Vegas for me.
But, oh, now there's a mod that does that exact thing in New Vegas.

like this ?

The only thing that made me interested in this Fallout were the crafting stuff, but after seeing that the world lacked any interesting stuff and that the story was shit and had nothing close to RPGs then just got disappointed.

I still fucking waiting for the guy to raise in the Hines poker but nothing so is go all-in.

Seriously, why are they making RPGs if they hate dialogues?

No, not like this. I had more gripes with the general story. I haven't played 3 and new vegas and expected it to be skyrim with guns, so I didn't care much for the bugs.

But the story and certain gameplay elements were so fucking poorly thought out that I get angry thinking about them. When it first came out I sperged in a couple of threads and forgot the game existed.

Because bethdrones will buy it. Its why theyre trying theyre hardest to make it a generic fps, they dont like rpgs at all.

Did Todd even made any of the original TES games?

Define original.
He was the director on Morrowind.

Meanwhile everyone say it's more like a Kirkbride game than Todd.

Go back to Reddit summerfag

Krkbride is a writer, completely different things.

Sure, why not. I'll even try to keep the retarded basebuilding mechanic.

Well, never played Morrowind, but I heard it was a game with lots of conversation and lore hunting to get solutions.

What made him fall into the disgrace he is now, damn liar?

What is it with PR fags in the gaming industry unable to do their fucking jobs?

They're not.

Because they really hate video games.

wew

And what does being a director of a video game entail?

Well, see, in Morrowind lore was a lot more central to the overall story and if you beat the game you pretty much understood the story of Nerevar and the reason Heart of Lorkhan has such power.
In Oblivion and further games you don't actually need to have an understanding of what is going on, you need to go beat the big bad, who are either demons or dragons. Many people say that it's due to Zenimax no longer wishing to put up with Kirkbride's shit, since the fucker wre only when he got fuck up on shrooms and locked himsel in a storage room, but I say they did it for the sake of accessibility.
While there is a lot less attention to detail on Oblivion and Skyrim I wouldn't exactly call them mindless slasher games. There is an established lore that they either follow or retcon with CHIM, but if you understand what the games are about then it leads to some interesting discussions.
However, most who play the games won't give a shit, and that's why we have less and less of it with each installment.

Telling lies.

OP, what are you posting?

Why is Holla Forums always blaming Todd but not this fag?

Todd is the public face.

Todd runs the show, pete is just the bottom bitch

Maybe it's time

No shit, they fucking dumped Kirkbride. Although they do claim to take notes from him still, but I highly doubt it. He wrote the Knight DLC for Oblivion though, that why it is a tad weirder than most shit in Oblivion.

If Bethesda just owned Fallout and let Obsidian do the tinkering everything would have been less shit, too bad those kikes don't allow for happiness.

He is too, but apparently Todd has much more charisma than this hack.

He's the VP PR of Beth Softworks. That's a really high rank, especially in these days of video game industry where marketing and advertisement matter more than the game itself. He's at the top management while Todd is at the middle. Pete has more control.

The knight DLC was fucking terrible though. It didn't even mention Pelinal's insane hatred for elves. You could be an elf and take his place even.

You mean Avellone. Obsidian is shit without Avellone.

I'm talking about the plot, not technical issues.

No

Saying this shit after one of the user posted pic related in here

P.s.: I have a same collar for my dog

No matter what way you look at it, the civil war was about slavery from start to finish and they only even started spinning the 'states' rights!!!' story in the 60s

You traitors lost, stop embarrassing yourselves

Never claimed it was good.

That too, but design wise NV was a lot more intact than 3 or 4 ever where. Also Obsidian seemed to fucking care about the stuff they had in their hands.

Even we eastern-europeans learn that this shit wasn't about slavery but more for economic power.

Check your history better dude.

Literally the whole world know what's the matter with that propagandist shit besides burger…

I'd help you friend.

Didn't even pirate it.
That's saying something.

Ehh… F2 isn't much better as well by that logic
At least F1 had some time limit which meshed well with the history.

It sure has a lot more guns and item crafting, but the level design sucks. Most of the dungeons are nothing but bland and confusing corridors, and exploration rewards you very little. Maybe it's caused by the time constraint, but still.

In F2 the player has no motivation to save the village if he doesn't feel like it. He can think that his tribe are all dicks and it won't matter.
In FO4 the character is voiced and each of the lines about Shaun he says in a shaking voice. You can't say that you don't care about Shaun as your character cares deeply and tries to find him as fast as possible.

God did someone Photoshop his face? That's not the look of a man who should ever be near a camera.

Yet weirdly Pete Hines is in PR.

Regarding OP, fuck no. It's Fallout 3's story with all instances of Father replacing Son and vice versa with a couple of the Stupidest factions devised The Minutemen is all about being the care taker of Boston because everyone is useless (And you can't remove the first people from your home), the Railroad is literally SJW's that only care about synths, and the institute is somehow even less developed then Caesar's Legion.

You can transfer settlers to other settlements.

His face is that of muscular failure in a terminally ill man, and it reflects both me and the country better than just about any other MP in this government. Certainly it's more accurate to my feelings and interests than his actual acts within the house.

This is not the kind of "representation" I want from my elected officials.

Pete is SUPPOSED to be the face of Bethesda. He takes care of every Bethesda's presence while Todd doesn't even have a twitter account. Todd is only the director of Bethesda Game Studio (subsidiary of beth softworks), but somehow he has much more charisma and public speaking skills than Pete. Pete is just a boring and annoying fag in comparison. Hence fans cling to Todd Howard more than Hines.

That's how incompetent Pete Hines is.

Gee, i was actually about to buy FO4 because LGR's preview of it made it seem quite neat in the end and it's "only" 30yoropooridoos for physical copy right now but i think i'l pass and pirate it just because i dont want to support a company that has fags like this in it even if i couldnt care less about "m-muh realism/lore" in a post-apocalyptic gaem wiht talking mutants and ghouls.

Being a director is more about managing the project.

Todd Howard did not write, design or program anything. All the Elder Scrolls lore is not his work.

I wish Bethesda cared about their lore and characters like Japanese devs do.

Too bad Japanese publishers don't give a fuck.

imperial-library.info/content/interviews-MW-team

Definitely not the writing, but I think he had a pretty big influence on the design. He directed Terminator Future Shock before Morrowind, the first FPS game with mouselook and other modern controls. The idea of ditching the Ultima Underground mechanics and putting FPS controls in Morrowind definitely came from him.

Slavery user. White folks could finally afford a conscience after mechanisation of agriculture.
Black folks in Africa were very upset when slavery was abolished by the way.

Not equal rights for blacks.

Fun fact: biggest race riot ever happened in New York.

Another thing that is conveniently wiped from the history books.

I dont think he's that much of a shill, more of a somewhat blind fanboy when it comes to certain titles but it's not like he hasnt slammed even more modern games by the the likes of 3d realms like that awful bombshell game and he even got the copy for it from the devs/publisher!

Even in his Fo4 video he critisized it because boring as hell story, graphical bugs and no way to change fov atleast without mods. Stuff which i think most other even more popular let's players/reviewer e-celebs wont mention at all.

Also i liked Skyrim and i loved Oblivion …and i have a slight dislike for Morrowind so guess im a fucking casual.

Cant understand why LGR loves Fo3 though, that game was absolute fucking shit with nothing redeemable in it even with mods and when i played it i hadnt even played Fo1 or 2 at all.

Get some taste.
its because lgr is a massive casual while maintaining a big dos game collection. Makes no sense

Maybe Civil War was really about slavery. The Jews owned and sold the slaves after all. The Jews have really huge influence over America. Did you know that the jews like Haym Solomon were secretly influential in the revolutionary war? Did you know that George Washington was a judeo masonic scum? Your country has always been a kosher trainwreck. It's not worth discussing, it's worth nuking.

Hurr durr derp herp that kind of mindset is pretty much retarded.

Saved

He plays a shit ton of old games with complexity, then goes and praises new shit like fo3, fo4, and nuDooM. I expect consistency.

nuff said.
/thread
inb4

What about the Big MT?

Was Big Mountain the place with the meme scientists?

those were the best scientists from before the war. They had 200 years to invent that stuff.

So what's the state of the game?
New expansions coming?
Updates/patches that should be waited until playan or such shit?

The last DLC's have been announced. They're continuing the development of another two games that haven't been announced and preparing for Elder Scrolls VI now.

So sounds like better wait for them+then another month or 2 just for modders to fix their mods as no doubt new DLC comes with new patches which will fuck shit up.

Just wait for GOTY version and for the modders to fix the shit they have with the console babies. Also, a fully fleshed out sexlab will be worth waiting for.

There is no fixing FO4 until someone completely rips out the whole narrative and replaces with something, anything, else.

I guarantee you FO4 will not get anywhere the amount of quality mods New Vegas does, let alone fan made expansions and overhauls.

i have to ask, how many hours do you get out of sexout, you personally? i cant imagine people using it for more than like a day

oh right those Game Of THE Year versions almost forgot they eventually churn out them.
Guess i'l wait until that hits the bay to play it.

I'm just gonna play it as a rape simulator like I do with sims 3 kinky world. Nigga I don't need no story, that's why other games exist.

Are there any significant mods for Fallout 4 yet?
There's mods that add some items for settlement building, add some new weapons, and of course Caliente. Is there much else?

The last DLC has already been announced. What did we have in New Vegas by Lonesome Road? What mods did Skyrim have by the time we saw Dragonborn?

It's not worth it to be honest. Maybe later when the porn mods come out. And it's probably crashing cause you added mods that changed the I terrace which seems to fuck with it right now.

You're a dad or mom who's baby gets kidnapped. Don't worry about the fact you stood in front of a nuke exploding and light travels faster than sound meaning logically you should be dead.

You wake up in a vault alive and your baby stolen when logically you should have been taken and your husband /wife didn't need to be killed, or the other residents who would have been just as useful for their purposes , the purpose being they needed unradiated genes. For their synths IIRC. As you can see all the residents coylda worked and if they needed replacements killing everyone but you is retarded.

You come out of the vault and start meeting people. First thing you notice is the voiced protagonist really breaks immersion and how you want to play your character, due to it being set to concerned average parent. This makes roleplayinf a raider, scientist , psychopath, badass , etc obsolete. You just play concerned dad soldier or lawyer.

Because you have a set background your skills at making settlements is bullshit, as I doubt a lawyer or soldier can make a water purifier, turrets, robots, etc.

In convos you can rarely ever say no. Seriously. It's all yes , sarcastic yes, fuck you yes, investigate. The voiced protag has also decreased options for increased topics so its all bare bones conversation, which might be a good thing as majority of the conversations suck. They often don't make sense, don't account for basic reasoning and lack the skill checks fallout is known for. Well charisma works for persuading but its always to ask for more money to do jobs you can rarely ever refuse.

The factions are largely shit, with brotherhood as only decent.

Institute is cutting edge but ai's were invented before the war, scientists in jars in big mountain made better teleporters, their fev cure took them 20 years to fix when the saxheel took two weeks to figure it out. Really majority of their tech was discovered before the war or by someone else much sooner and much more easily. For being MIT they're a disgrace. They're also experimenting on people, which you can never question your son about, even though he puts on this facade about being the good guys. Oh yeah, the leader is your son.

In fact the mayor is a synth and the leader of the intitute wants to meet you but the mayor and kellog(institute assassin who killed your hubby) won't help you, no one will. So you have to find the organization that set you free and wants your help.

Brotherhood hate synths logically and cane to kill them, conquer Boston. Yet they never react to the mechanist releasing armies of robots into Boston, killing hundreds. They have vertiberds, are ultra masculine, a military order and badass power armor. So they're the closest thing to good in this mess.

Minutemen make you their leader 20 seconds after meeting you and now every job is your job. But really Preston is in charge. If you need to make a teleporter to access the institutes and order the men to do it he tells you no, despite you being his commanding officer/general/supreme leader. And he gives you all the work he never does. The minutemen is just a radiant ai grind and settlement builder grind as you're the only person in the entire faction doing anything.

Railroad don't trust you and treat you as an outsider despite you doing everything. Deacon is ok despite being annoying. He's the only useful one. Like the minutemen expect to be carrying all the weight here.

So you meet kellog, kill him, join brotherhood and use minutemen to find institute if Preston let's you where you find out the leader is your son and he made a clone of his kid self to lure you here. Despite needing a teleporter to get there, of which the only one is there. He then asks you to join them, claiming they work for the betterment of man. Now any type of investigation leads to showing he's full of shit and they're pretty evil fuckers, but you can't question him on the evil fucked experiments you find, only say yes I join , sarcastic, or no. Surprisingly no is an option. Considering how the game treats no.

Next you start killing off factions depending on who you choose. Minutemen stay with you, railroad won't work with bos or institute, bos won't work with railroad or institute, etc. Game ends.

Also If you blow up institute your kid sends the synth and asks you to raise it, despite it not getting older cause robot. Also your son and the institute don't think robots are real humans so this flies in the face of established worldbuilding .

Also the synth thing is retarded. They make realistic robots then give them free will for doing menial tasks when they could have just made robots. It makes no sense .

Should add far harbor was alright. Despite the main game being complete shit.

FO4 could work reasonably well as a sandbox survival simulator if properly modded.

Point is, even the drones don't like FO4 all that much, since it kills their virtual LARPing experience by forcing them into a too well defined role, and with how much RPG elements have been ripped out there's little hope of implementing complex systems ala NV or Skyrim.

I realized after posting that my statement was ambiguous. By asking what mods we had for other games at this point, I wasn't suggesting Fallout 4 was no worse off. It was partly a genuine question, and partly that I'm pretty sure the other games had far more going on at this point.

Oh and should add because your character is this voiced concerned parent it adds this disconnect from the game where plotwise you're always rushing to find Shaun and worried out of your mind while you spend weeks making settlements, going on quests and do anything but find Shaun. The game largely feels disconnected from itself all over.

That I sadly can't answer. I only ever bother pirating Bethesda games two, three years down the line, when a good mod pipeline has already been established and is churning out good stuff at a steady pace.

I wonder how much that has to do with the changes they've done to the engine this time, and the further restrictions they've implemented this time around (like they do with every new iteration of their game).

It's actually quite interesting to see the differences between NV and Skyrim mods. Skyrim gets a shitload more mods that focus on "roleplaying" and the like, while NV seems to get the motherload of good quest mods, overhauls and basically any mod that relies heavily on writing.

Mods for Xbox and soon ps4 is what's killing it really. Xbox users keep stealing mods off the nexus and uploading to Bethesda , which Bethesda has said to just file dmca's. But those dmca's take forever so the mods stay up, more and more get stolen and mod creators are getting real pissed. Between mod theft, harrasment from console users demanding mods or demanding exclusives and all the other drama, many are hiding their mods and quitting modding.

Even the admin at the nexus has made an official announcement as its gotten so bad.

i thought the mod authors can just make them (spuriously) require on the f4 nvse because the consoles cant get it?

I fucking marvel at Bethesda sometimes. Mods are the be all, end all reason people love their games so much, and here they are murdering their own fanatical fanbase that has spent the past 10+ years fixing their shit and making their games marginally playable, on top of scheming how to kike out shekels from their efforts.

It's like these dumbfucks want their modding community to die.

Wouldn't that keep bloating the savefiles until the game is virtually unplayable with them?

Then again, someone is likely cooking up some scheme to fuck over the console peasants.

nah the idea was you dont even make it do anything, just call to some function in nvse on load, which would crash on consoles

That's what many are saying they'll do, but keep in mind is still gets stolen and breaks and they get harassed. And they get harassed to port it. And they get harrased to fix bugs,etc. Its a hobby that's being poisoned. And the main hub is reddit and you know how reddit is about sucking cock, so they're largely defending this.

Yeah and with the remaster of sjyrim they're retroactively ruining it now too. Its like they want their golden goose cooked. I wonder at what happened to make them so stupid.

really seems like a case of "massive giant tries to pet a kitten and accidentally smothers it". Bethesda doesn't know what the fuck to do with modding because they don't have the business dexterity to handle such a complicated subculture.

it's either giant skyscraper banners and million-dollar commercials for them or nothing.

They've "always" (at least post Morrowind) been massive retards, it's just that their retardation never really crossed over with the modding scene.

Now that they're trying to make "mods on consoles" a selling point, likely as a prelude to mod monetization, the usual Bethesda idiocy is rearing its head.

Maybe he just loves games unconditionally.

It's actually a pretty decent game if you are an autistic who does nothing but wander around and collect resources to pimp your dude and settlements. The problems arise from the fact that the story is hilariously awful, only slightly better than Fallout 3 which was a complete trainwreck in the writing department.

The voiced protagonist is the big one though but fortunately there's a mod for that

im just waiting for porn mods.

Nick Valentine is fun.
That's about it.

Won't happen, FO4's modding tools are way more restrictive than FO3's.
Just look at the drawn porn, instead.
i would a mr. handy

Oh, okay.

How about doing what they've been doing for the past 10 years, nothing? Modders have managed to prosper specifically because the Toddler kept his grubby little hands out of their shit.

See, they used to be smart enough to not fuck with modding and just make it accessible. Now they bring it to console but had no plan for moderation while making their site the main defacto hub for mods. No moderation, no rules to protect modders, no real way for console players to make mods yet. It doesn't take a genius to see how much of a clusterfuck this would be, and with how much fallout and the elder scrolls makes them, you'd think they would be more careful and care more. I just don't know what they're thinking here.

There's already a porn mod tho.

Also you fuck a robobrain in far harbor.

Bullshit, anyone who praises fo4 does not love games at all.

user, there is already animation mods, and there is already a mod where you can assign a character to a bed and fuck them.

Shekels. That's all they ever think about. There is no company more apathetic about their product than Bethesda is. They only give a shit when it's time to market their new shitpile.

Holla Forums has once again lied to me, I read several times that it couldn't happen.

I'm gonna need some proof of that, user. Robobrains aren't exactly robots, though. More like cyborgs that are 95% machine. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Fucking spoiler checkboxes are the most annoying shit, they shouldn't toggle.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14706/?

In the western vidya industry people get the high up jobs based on who they know. The ones that have zero talent at all get shit like PR.

That's exactly what they said about Oblivion and Skyrim.

Oblivion's porn mods were awful, though. The animations were all janky and the models looked like shit.

Yeah seems you're right. I miss when they cared more during morrowind and oblivion days. I know oblivion itself had only a fraction of what they promised and the horrible voice actors but shivering isles was amazing and you can tell Bethesda worked hard on it.

In this investigative quest in the dlc far harbor you fuck a robo brain actress. Its the simple fade to black but you bang her.

As for the porn mod its the most basic one yet. Its in animations on nexus. Just check by most recent. You bang a chick on a bed doggystyle. You gotta set her profession as a whore or use the bed yourself as a chick.

It's really unfortunate; Oblivion has some of the least attractive character designs I've seen in a game, but the amount of content you could get, different fetishes and such, was phenomenal.

As the fucking guy who made the /tes/ sticky for TESIV mods, I can tell you you're wrong so many times over.

Oblivions's porn mods are great, it's the FUCKING CONFIGRATION AND COMPATIBLITY ISSUES THAT PLAGUE IT BECAUSE OF HHOW LOVERSLAB IS SETUP.

Skyrim exceeds Oblivion due to vagina and penis physics thanks to the way animations are implemented via that external tool because of the limitations Skyrim had.

Oh boy, I sure do love stiff, unsynced animations.

I dunno man have you tried to make mods for Morrowind? There is a lot of stuff that you straight up cannot do in the engine that you can in Ob/Sk which is why OpenMW and OpenCS are being made and OMW is already better than vanilla for the most part.

The only issue the animations for TESIV porn mods had was the collison issues misaligning models, and the fact that the animation from blender to the game played at different speeds for some reason.

Also, if you're on about shit like Sexdarkness, Xlivion or any of those oldies, those were effectively the worst.

Sexlab improved on what those did greatly.

But you're probably the kind of pleb who doesn't use Wrye bash, Dynamic Levelled lists tool, probably installed FCOM, doesn't configure his shit or customize his skin textures and bumbmaps for the shit he sues so I won't indulge you any further.

Have you heard of this?
openmw.org/en/

I only care about the ramakes that actually fix the shit combat.

are you for real retarded or merely pretending? I talked about OpenMW and its editor in the post that you just replied to.

That's exactly what OpenMW is for ya dingus, you can't fix the combat in Morrowind's engine because it is so limited. With OpenMW you can do whatever you want to the combat, stats, or pretty much anything you can think of.

I gave up on Skyrim similarly but never could find just what specifically was missing about the game, it's a game without a core, a center.

Don't waste any more of your time. Best to just return to Morrowind, especially now OpenMW reached the point where it's equal or better than the original engine.

I just want them to implement Skyrim combat. Yes, it's shit, but it's leagues better, and more responsive, than the shitpile Morrowind had going.

It's the same problem FO3 has, or Morrowind even. There is no clear direction or sense of progress.

Compare, say, the start of FO1 to FO3. In FO1, after exiting the vault, your only location on the map is Vault 15.

Now, you don't need to go to Vault 15, the game doesn't force you, but doing otherwise is ill advised because you are not equipped to handle what the Wasteland will throw at you (due to lack of level scaling). On the way to Vault 15 you stumble upon Shady Sands, and thus get your first taste of the post apocalyptic world of Fallout.

Afterwards, in need of a rope, you can get drawn into the problems of the community, do a few quests, level up, gain your first companion, get some information about the world at large, etc.

Next step in the chain, after figuring there is no water chip in 15, is to go to the Hub, the central trading place in the region, but, again, you stumble onto another location, this time Junktown, and quickly get sucked into the brewing conflict there.

FO1 and 2 are carefully designed to give you the freedom to explore, but to also always string you along the "proper" path.

FO3 on the other hand is a theme park, where you can visit basically any and all locations after leveling up a bit, and it will all be perfectly doable for your character.

Skyrim is the same.

Literally ANYONE in this thread and site can write a better Fallout 4.
In fact, you have to be one cynical out-of-touch insane lefty to make it much worse.

Good attempt, by the way.

My tl;dr method would be to basically make a Western STALKER but with even more shortages as it's not a Zone but a (post-)post apocalypse scenario.

Excellent post and well-deserved trips, user.

I do think you are correct, as much as I loved the concept of first-person open-world like FO3 in particular.
The concept suggests stumbling around completely unaware of what's waiting around the corner, in that next building, that random encounter, and so on. But if you ask around people that played FO3, people usually start at Megaton and progressed mostly the same way. I'd want it to be a little more like FO1 and FO2.

For me, this went a little better in Witcher 3, although it also became familiar fairly quickly. Still, that game relies on a million quests and some excellent writing and story. This is another thing particularly lacking about TES games.

I suppose the concept has 'aged', now that technology caught up and competitors can do precisely what Gamebryo could before its time.

Should I continue?

and if it were about darkies why are they still so hostile to whitey?

Cause darkies don't respect the hits you take for them. If it were nips or Mexicans they'd probably name a festival or build a gundam in your honor.

You could have add that nick is a synth roleplaying detective and that the fact that HOLYFUCK HE'S A SYNTH in a city completely paranoid about them (seriously they kill themselves at the slightest suspicion) NEVER EVEN COME UP ONCE IN THE FUCKING DISCUSSION.

Nah that does. Its cause he's so obviously one instead of the hidden types and cause he helps people, they tolerate him.

I spent hours playing FO4 doing the Minuteman stuff and building settlements.

As soon as I got a bit into the actual story of the game I dropped it.

No. There is absolutely nothing redeemable about FO4's story.

In fact, it's so bad, it even retroactively makes the story of FO:NV and covers it with shit - by implying that there is an ancient alien city buried beneath the Mojave - so that it doesn't matter who won the battle for Hoover Dam. Whoever finds that alien cache, will basically become a Professor X level telepath with an army outfitted with alien disintegration rays and gets to defacto rule the South West.

This is retarded.

Think for a minute: does Bethesda get any money from the mod community?
Do PC gamers pay more money for their Fallout copy?

You call them peasants, for Bethesda they are customers. Why do you think Bethesda released all their games since Morrowind on consoles?

Mainstream triple A videogames are a fucking business. No more no less. The PC modding community means shit, they're not specal snowflakes as far as Bethesda is concerned.

Cats never went extinct. They're only locally extinct in the South West, and that wasn't even until shortly before FO2's time when the great famine hit and forced people to eat them. Both feral and domesticated cats were around until the 2220's~2230's. There's no reason why they shouldn't still be around elsewhere in America.

Hell, it's less believable if they weren't, and we were expected to believe that the famine in California was a global event.

The only other mention of them being extinct is Mr. House, and his primary source of information on the outside world is his Securitrons who are evesdropping on visitors to the Strip - i.e. people from California.

what

They're still semi-fucked. The NuBrotherhood is a synthesis of Lyon's and the Maxson's ideologies. They're still trying to help wastelanders, and openly recruit. They're just a LITTLE bit more focused on their primary mission by only allowing tech to be used by wastelanders under Brotherhood supervision and with their approval and oversight.

And even that doesn't matter, because canonically - Arthur Maxson dies at the end (or shortly afterwards). This is Bethesda we're talking about… you know how they write. They keep shit vague so as not to contradict any of the player choices. That's why Sarah Lyons had to die, because she COULD be killed in FO3 (but you never see Maxson actually die in FO3 - so there's an out, he could have been elsewhere out training when you nuked the Citadel).

Besides, Arthur Maxson is one huge literary circlejerk on the Legend of Kind Arthur. Even his fucking airship is named after Arthur's ship. And one of the things that King Arthur is most notable for doing - is dying. (Le Morte D'Arthur)

Eh, I've stopped caring. I've become this nihilistic shitlord. I just kinda play whatever the fuck I want. Fallout 4 is okay. It keeps me from dealing with reality.

Exactly.
It's part of the Cabot House questline. Basically, old man Cabot found an ancient alien city full of artifacts in the Arabian desert. One of them was a helmet which gave him crazy telepathic powers. It also made his jizz into the fountain of youth. He went crazy, and to keep him from killing everyone, his son locked him in a force-field protected safe room at the bottom of a lunatic asylum. The family, btw, is over 400 years old, and they keep their youth by prostate milking their father and drinking the fluids.

If you solve the quest by killing the father before he can escape and take over the wasteland, then the son makes you an alien raygun out of the helmet - then says he's going to travel to the South West to look for a second alien city underneath the Mojave desert.

Emil did this on purpose, as revenge for FO:NV publicly humiliating him by showing what a hack shit writer he is to all of Bethesda fans who had never played a decent RPG before.

never ever

this sounds like something some faggot middle schooler who still giggles at the word semen would write.

I'm not sure if you're fucking with me or not

Where did this erection come from?

Everything you say is a lie.

You can complete the main quest skipping most of this shit.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Secret_of_Cabot_House
He's not fucking with you. That's one of the biggest side quests in the entire game.

The Last Voyage of the USS Constitution is a pretty fun quest. Sadly, it's just about the only fun quest.

Hancock was alright. He just wants to live free, get high, and shiv anyone who gives him fucking lip about it.

Is teleportation and memory reading a lore thing in original fallout?

That's all really fucking stupid, but what sticks in my craw the most is how for the entire game up to point where you infiltrate the Institute - they're portrayed as the ultimate boogie man who's got everyone on edge for abducting people and replacing them with perfect synth replicas.

Yet these fucking factions send you into the very beating heart of the beast that is abducting and replacing people with copies that are totally indistinguishable from the original - and when you get back, they just trust you implicitly with their super-secret plans to take down the Institute and give you quests vital to their plan of attack.

Fucking WHAT?

No, your nigger ass should have been shot on sight. How the hell could anyone trust you again after you've been there? How could they know your mission wasn't a total failure, and you were replaced by a synth? You'd have to be sacrificed and an unfortunate, but necessary, precaution… and any data you carried out of there would be double-checked and scrutinized under the assumption it's possible dis-information.

Imagine watching "The Thing", and they have a guy they KNOW is infected by the alien trapped in a storehouse outside… and one of the guys is just like, well, I'm going to go have a talk with the alien. Enters the shed. And when he comes back out, and nobody has a fucking problem with it. They just ask him how the conversation went… and by the way, here's the keys to the generator room and armory.

People like you are why the video game market is crashing, also no the story is horrendous and generic.

Does anybody have any idea how to install this by the way nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1235 ?

I did all the .ini editing but my game crashes at the main menu

In RPGs the story is the gameplay you dipshit

Right, because bethesda gameplay is good.

Another fucking retard.

Nexus mod manager + Game version 157.

You can't install this shit without those two.

My nigga. That's why Planescape Torment is the greatest rpg ever made.

Wait what, I can't fucking use the Fallout 4 Mod Organizer?

Have you even ever played an RPG?

No, just M&Ms, Wizardries, Fallouts, Arcanum, ToEE, AoD, MoTB and more. Why?

Last time i tried it, it tried to sort all my shit with LOOT and crashed. After that i deleted this bullshit.

By the way:

MOST POPULAR FALLOUT 4 TORRENTS WERE DELETED FROM KAT.CR

Such as xatab, codex and other ones most seeded.

Bethesda is on the rampage.

Nigger, I play it but I’m suicidally depressed. That’s the only reason. It’s literally “something to do” so that I don’t kill myself. Fallout 4 is irredeemable shit. It is worth less than the space it takes up.
>is it working?
No. The goddamn economy better fucking collapse by the end of this year.

Maybe that's why my father is playing it non stop every day.

end urself already fagit

No wonder you are on suicide watch mate

My friend, it's the game that's making you suicidally depressed. It would me.

Play FO1/FO2/New Vegas, Deus Ex, Vampire the Masquerade, heck even Minecraft could help keep you busy and feeling like you're doing something with your time.

Get running, lifting, training in general. Get gun training if you're a burger. We're gonna need a lot of selfless people willing to fight and sacrifice themselves for a good goal if the kikes push too hard and force us in such a situation.

Seconding the Minecraft suggestion from
If all you need is just something that you can continue doing indefinitely simply for the sake of doing something, Minecraft is actually pretty perfect. I've spent hundreds of hours just building towers out of cobblestone. All of the towers are of the same basic design. I mined the stone out of one massive cave, though I need to start a new one because I hit bedrock and it's far to tall to expand out the sides. When I feel apathetic and there's nothing I actually want to do, I can just load up that game and build more towers.

It can continue far longer than Fallout 4 ever could.

don't bother arguing with him m8, quite a few dumbasses on Holla Forums have no conception of what an RPG accomplishes

you retard; if you want a good story read a book. lower cost for better story as well

Christ even they know the game worth nothing just build some shit. It's a buggy crashing Minecraft copy from now!

I just dint know anymore.

It's free on PC, only the console retards pay full prace to expirience the joy of downloading slooty armormods.

this although you need to have all the DLC.

This is Bethesda's problem. When in doubt, make it look prettier. They don't realize that graphics come second to gameplay. They don't realize that we hate Skyrim not because it looks bad, but because it plays bad. They don't fucking get it.

Yeah, and I can put sprinkles on dog shit. ==It's still dog shit.==

Polite sage for fucking up the last part.

How's new dlc?

I see there are already mods for it:
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15429/?

I have the main game and pirated the dlc but steam is so stupid it think i paid for them.

No way i install that shit.
Maxing this shit with rape simulators was enough for once…

Now THIS could be interesting. It might be worth playing for all of 15 minutes if I haul my settlers out back, put one in their skull, and then shove their corpses into the grinder to make processed meat - of which I can then grill and sell to passing wastelanders at my little crap-shack stand.

Kat.ph is fucking cucked.

The larger story pieces, getting frozen, losing your son, all the twists and turns that goes on, were solid ideas. The execution is so mind numbingly bad, it ruins any kind of interest and you just want to punch Todd in the face.

Fucking SAVAGE.

Okay, i tried new Contraptions dlc.

Can somebody explain me what the point of making anything except two rails that make and store equipment you make?

It seems there's no point on making conveyor belts at all.

>>>/plebbit/

i am not sure why i am surprised

Too be fair, he's more of a collector, not a gamer.
One time he was talking about a game that he "put so much time into", and that ended up being like 11 hours in total.
He just dabbles in shit here and there and buys shit for nostalgia purposes. Also, he fucking sucks at games.

Short? No
Long? Its fuvkimg Bethesda

Yeah pretty much. The story could've been easily fixed up and mde semi-decent if bethesda cared enough. But they didn't.

The story is fucking awful. Your baby son you search for is an old man who leads the institute and he has cancer or something.

Your choices are then to blow up the institute or blow up the brotherhood of steel.

My advice: do what I did and torrent it.

i finally watched that one Steven universe episode when my sisters where watching TV

The cringe was real

Those people are idiots and Kirkbride was breddy bad too before he quit in a huff because Todd threw his original main quest for Oblivion into the trash

No thank you stranger.

It was Central America actually, Lincoln didn't think African tribes would take them back so he planned to dump them off there instead. That doesn't make it any better, but still.

Liberia, man.

I've heard the nuka cola DLC is the last one in Fallout 4.

Is the game such a failure they decided to stop doing any DLC for the game? just a year and it became such a failure.

The game sold 12 million copies in the first week.
They just do this, they did it with Skyrim too.

Sold or shipped?
I haven't seen any actual sales figures for the game; it seems like they only ever talk about number shipped.

The game sold 3m+ on PC, I'm going to suppose consoles are around that same number too if not more since fallout is a console game after all.

12 million might be the shipped number, if it is I'd say the sales are still around 10m at least.

Just check these maincraft mods

i was given a free copy by a friend

wtf, really?

Cryogenics weren't something that worked pre-war. You can thaw a guy out in 2 but he melts shortly thereafter, if I recall, and this is the usual result, if they (the scientists on whatever base) managed to get them to return to consciousness at all.

One of the times where it might have actually made sense to involve the Institute but lolnope - Vault-Tec plot magic prevails.

God the writing in FO4 was garbage

I'd have written 111 to be a shotgun-approach to cryogenics, with each pod or family of pods getting a slightly different treatment; you're the lucky fuck with the magic cocktail and carry SHAAAAUN! with you.

… and when you get thawed out the second time, you might notice the vault-suited skeleton that seems to have fallen out of your pod at some indeterminate time in the past. This would not be referenced ever in game.

Suddenly the Institute doesn't arbitrartily waste a ton of resources - every other pod is DoA - and you'll have the question of whether or not you died with a bullet in your chest sixty years ago and are a Synth that got shoved into the magic pod to further examine the effects of cryosleep.

Actually, I'd have scrapped Shaun entirely if I was gonna rewrite the game.

It really is baffling that they didn't go with the "are you a synth?" angle. The entire idea that you might be one is not just left out, but conspicuously ignored after you leave the Institute.

Of all the ways they could have used "replacing people with identical synthetic copies" as a plot point, they chose the one that both is least interesting and makes the least sense.

if you're still reading this thread, you can use mod manager
I have that mod installed with mod manager, along with a couple of other mods
never needed to do any ini editing from what I remember
nexus mod manager a shit, never use that garbage

I mean Mod Organizer v2.0.4

Yeah, even their super-duper hyper-space tech advanced ayy lmao from MotherShit Zappa can't get it 100% right, and people they unfreeze occasionally just fucking die on the spot.

any mods were you can rape vaginally interfere hand hold interact with Piper?

The redeemable thing is that it's so fucking stupid that you can pretty much ignore it and spend all game building shit or whatever without feeling the need of following it.

being woken up and then put back into the pod really annoyed me because the only reason they did it was to justify the single tone of dialogue the player has. had you just woken up once and found your wife and kid were gone then you'd maybe have a choice to be angry/inquisitive/defeatist or whatever about it instead of "A GUY TOOK MY SON WHERE IS HE".

No. And it's not worth playing for the gameplay either.

Just found out that far harbor can be completed in 2 hours 30 minutes walking slowly through it.

And they calling this their biggest expansion.

Mod Organizer wasn't working, but as soon as I switched to Nexus, which is garbage, it started working.

Don't think I have a choice

Death has come for you, evildoer! And I… am its SHROUD!

So are there any loli sex mods for this shit yet? I heard they fucked up and you can barely mod this piece of shit
I enjoyed fucking around with the "banned from everywhere" loli fuck mods

The code is probably more limited, gotta wait for a script extender before the good shit comes out.

You'd thing bethbaby would learn and hire the people who actually know how to code for their shitty engine, but I guess the corporate culture at afterbeth prioritizes disposable employees over actual talented hires. Would wan't another John Carmack on their hands, eh?

Please nobody at Beth or Zenimax gives a shit how to improve the game to bring in money, they only know how to market and shill and buy out good companies

They're quickly joining the evil pantheon alongside EA, Ubisoft and Activision

Its literally complete shit and makes no sense.

then

Idiotic. Any one who isnt a complete retard could pick holes in this asinine story.
Fallout 3 had better writing than this.

They took the pure DNA from the kid when he was a baby in the vault. All the other shit doesn't really make sense, though, because if they were intending to raise up that boy to be a MIT Scientist, then why put him outside in the world at all?Though this assumes that the sole survivor's son actually lived outside of MIT at all and it wasn't just a synth modeled after your son designed to lure you to find the institute.

He was. Haven't you played that far? Your actual son is the Institute's leader.

I don't know how to do spoiler tags on Holla Forums.

I'm in a generous mood, so I'll tell you instead of mocking you. Go to Options in the top corner -> Custom Formatting, and it lists the different syntax. If you want to change it you can as well.

I don't see why you would spoiler that though, given the Salt Party.

Thanks, bro.

Why would the kid have pure DNA? Why wouldn't literally anybody else in the vault also have pure DNA? Why did they take the kid out of his frozen protective pod and haul him OUTSIDE of the vault?
Why didn't they just unhook the pods, have an army of synths carry the pods outside like a line of carpenter ants, and then just teleport the pods full of freshly thawed people directly into the institute without exposing them to radiation?

Why didn't the bomb that dropped at the beginning of the game irradiate the baby? Why did the Chinese nuke an unpopulated corner of the map, instead of Boston.

Nothing in this goddamned game makes any sense…

Also… who the FUCK was in Pod 01? It's empty, the only empty pod in the vault. Why is it empty? And it's empty both when Special K takes your baby, and when you thaw out a second time.

Why the fuck is it empty? This is a goddamned Chekhov's Gun, but Bethesda never follows up on it. It's not explained in the game. It's not in any of the expansion DLC. It's just ignored.

Why is the goddamned pod empty Bethesda? This could be the start of a really interesting story, but you're not capable of writing interesting stories, so you just gave up on it?

Nigga, I don't know, I'm not defending the FO4 story or saying that it makes sense, I'm only regurgitating the reasons given and the internal reasoning.

It surely is summer here, boys.

This is a smart comment user. Sadly you're too intelligent for Bethesda games.

The normalfags who like Fallout 4 don't think about what they are playing. They have little experience with good stories.

Surely that post was entirely serious, and not sarcastic at all.

What they did with the weapons modfication system if fantastic.

You see there's a base model. When you use a weapon modification it adds another model to the base model.

Meaning you could have something like the following in Fo4.
ar15.com/gunstruction/

No only could have it for ar-15s but you could also build custom ruger 10/22s and other games in it as well..

Imagine building the following guns in fo4.

I play (j)rpgs for the story and characters, they're entertainment. Oh and I played those games you mention. For the story.

Get mad you autistic manchild.

But why not play something GOOD?

Jesus this reminds me of people who play MOBAs.

Tolstoy is Dostoevsky's bitch. He's the prototypical progressive faggot who comes from wealth and privileged, but then preaches about the "virtues" of poverty and oppression in building character - while never actually leaving his position of privileged wealth. One of his most famous books has a headstrong female protagonist who fucks around on her husband and ruins everybody's lives.

Why fallout 4 fags are so autistic?

My inner /k/ is so fucking triggered right now.

The bolt is on the wrong side in the game's original rifle. These probably need to use the same animations, so the creator didn't have a choice. Blame Bethesda.

I didn't need more incentive to not get this piece of shit game
Why is Bethesda so retarded

How does your inner /k/ feel about Beth deciding to completely gut the weapon customization system from the initial concepts?

It will become better than initial concept just by installing all those modifications.