Yakuza thread

Why isn't this song in every Yakuza game? Someone should mod this song into every battle of Yakuza one and two

Other urls found in this thread:

nebula.emulatronia.com/
twitter.com/HyperBitHero/status/744638782020984832
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I WON'T LET YOU GO AWAY

Just beat Yakuza 2, the final boss is a fucking kick in the dick if you don't know about the Terada fight just before it or don't prepare enough for it.

PS3 emu/Yakuza 0 PC port when

Get to work then champ.

Never. Just think of the licensing nightmare. Yakuza will never get orted to PC, as much as I would love it to.

Tell me more.

Sega's doing a good job with their ports. I'm hopeful.
There's no fucking way I'll be able to play any yakuza games on ps2 or ps3 seeing the way emulation and prices are going, so hope is really the only thing I can afford.

Every Yakuza game in the west so far has had it's Intro song replaced, due to licensing issues. Hell, some songs playing during boss fights were removed and/ or replaced due to the same reasons.

Consider further, the recent port of Dragon's Dogma. The Berserk armors were removed, as was the japanese dub, because the licenses for these apparently didn't include a PC version (not to mention that the 'Into Free'menu song was removed from the Dark Arisen re-release on consoles). The gooks are fickle like that.

If you've ever played Yakuza, you should bge aware that it's filled to the brim with real life products and shops. These are all fucking licensed and a port to other systems would most likely necessitate huge bureaucratic endeavors to include them. We are talking about hundreds of different companies here, not to mention the likeliness of actors (and hostesses) and when it comes to Yakuza 5, even mangas.

Considering the half-arsed way that Yakuzas localization has been handled since Dead Souls I'm inclined to file Yakuza PC ports into the 'NEVER EVER' cabinet.

What did they port exactly? Valkyrie Chronicles came out of left field, I give you that. But apart from some Sonic games it doesn't seem like we got all that much.

People are getting way too hung up on that simple 'We are looking into high quality PC ports' quote. I know that it's nice to think about, I cry myself to sleep every night, knowing that I can't play Daytona USA HD on PC, but you need to lower your expectations.

Jet Set Radio, NiGHTS, The Typing of the Dead: Overkill

Those weren't exactly recent though. I do admit that there ports seem to be pretty solid, but I thought we were talking about newer stuff.

*their

Everytime I go back to Yakuza 5 I get bored because of the luck email thing. I need to complete the gambling minigames but I never get the luck email which makes completing some of those minigames pretty much impossible. Still, best game I've played in the past 10 or more years. Here's hopíng Yakuza 6 gets localized.

I love the Yakuza games to death but I don't think I'd ever want to grind out all of the minigames and stuff. It's just too tedious.

Um…you don't have to 100% it user.

Just use the Model 2 emulator. nebula.emulatronia.com/

I've just finished Yakuza 4.
Should I buy Yakuza 5 ? Shouldn't one of those guys be dead ?

bumpu

You should play the previous entries, but sure go ahead.

What?

yakuza 1 needs to be a ps2 classic on ps4

Yakuza 2 even more so.

I forced myself to sit down one day and poured over the rules for like half an hour straight

I'm still fucking trash but I think I've at least got a tentative grasp on it now. Doesn't help that every time I play the game is actively shitting on me though.

*pored over

pic related is how I feel about it.

What will Haruka be doing in Yakuza 6

Taking producer dick to try to salvage her idol career and pay Kiryu's hospital bills

after the ending of 5 i just wish she was fucking dead, stupid bitch told everyone exactly where kazuma and his loved ones were on national fucking TV.

she might have aswell grabbed a fucking shotgun and shot it at kazuma and all of the children at the orphanage.

Everyone who would've cared already knew or would have been able to find out easily

It was still fucking stupid but the cat's been out of the bag for a while

Any hopes or guesses as to where the direction of the story will go in Yakuza 6?

it looks like another prequel to me, kiryu looks younger than he does in 5 and the fashion and streets look a little late 80s early 90s

"i don't wanna be an idolt hat's stupid'
"I'M GONNA BE THE BEST IDOL EVER"

Every Yakuza game ends with Kiryu possibly dying in case they don't release a new game.

you're joking right?

i hadn't seen that screenshot yet, my bad

they still look younger than they do in 5, but i'm either plain wrong it its an in-between story of some sort

If it was a prequel or an in-between story, I imagine they wouldn't call it RGG6, like how they didn't number RGG0 as 6.

Poor Haruka

At least Kaz gets his signature suit, she gets a hoodie

I like how her outfit's colors match Kiryu's. Guess she takes after him in that regard.

That's 0 dude.

Heat Actions?

Haruka looks a lot different now. Then again there was something about Haruka as a teenager that always looked weird to me.

nah son, baseball

good thing he didn't hit their vitals so they only got knocked out

keeping thread alive.
Yakuza never gets enough love

How are Yakuza 4 and 5? I only played the first 3 and get a Bloodborne machine just for 0 because I cant find a physical copy of 4 and 5 is digital only. Are they worth a massive digital download?

Yakuza barely gets any love, and its sad. I also wonder why we didnt get the HD collection brought over but got Dead Souls.

Dont you dare say that, best daughteru is too pure for that shit.

I kinda dig dark souls but your right. Still hyped for Yakuza 0 and Kiwami though.

Its not like Dead Souls is bad, the intro sort of sucked but it really picked up when you get to play as my boy Majima.

Anyways what I guess I'm getting at is that it seems to be a fanservice-tier game, but not really one that only people that played 3, 4, or none of the games would fully appreciate.

Right. Bringing back Goda was one of those holy shit moments

4 is better than 3 and 5 is better than 4

5 is worth the download

Man, I gotta get back into Yakuza 4. I picked up Dragon's Dogma and haven't gotten back into it yet.

They already remade it, Yakuza Kiwami is the remake of 1

Y2 was an okay game I guess, but no where near what people said it would be. Most disappointment I've felt in years.

You know, we were talking about Ryuji, right?

yeah, I know
you meet him at the club, fight him at the start, see him in the kamurocho streets, he shows up at the castle, and then you fight him for real. That's like 5 times on screen, its nothing.

And Nishiki was plentiful?

Darth Vader was barely on screen too if you look at the original trilogy. It's all about the framing and the big bad being imposing.

Ryuji was also hella rad, fuck you.

Honestly, the storylines get shittier with every game. Characterization still holds up, but don't expect anything remotely as coherent as 1s storyagain.

3's story was made great by the engrish and that one American guy.
Also, I really disliked 5's story because of that "FOLLOW YOUR DREEEEEEEEEEEAMS" bullshit.

Hey, I don't mind the shitty stories as long as the characters are enjoyable. And that Wesker rip-off was more than just enjoyable. Hell, 4 has some of my favorite parts in the series.

What the fuck do you mean? Are you trying to tell me that 'ume' isn't your favourite japanese word?
Still a heck of a game though.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm the say way. I'm just expressing my displeasure with Yakuza 5's story, but the characters are still 10/10.
But then again, I don't really care that much about the main story in Yakuza games, I care much more about the gameplay, characters, and ridiculous side-stories.
Also, more games need to only have voiced dialog during main missions and have side-stories be dialog boxes.

It's just down to the character count. Having 5 playable characters is fun, but it bloats the entire game unnecessarily. If that's the price I have to pay for guys like Takasugi, then I can't help but look past it and have a good time.

And you're absolutely right on that. You can cram a lot more fun stuff into your game when you don't have to consider 15 billion lines of voiced dialogue. It also has an old school charme to it. Some of the moves NPCs pull never fail to make me smile.

it depends. The first games story was the tightest and felt the most legit. But every game is fun in its own goofy way and the characters always hold up

though this is true

are you even american?

twitter.com/HyperBitHero/status/744638782020984832
This is not a terrible Idea