MMORPG

t-thanks WoW

Other urls found in this thread:

niceme.me
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this thread contributes nothing. we already know wow sucks. you didn't even get repeating digits.

It was more of a comment on how every single mmorpg now follows this formula, effectively making them worse

Guess the game.

Burchlands
so much wasted potential

There's no video game RPGs.

WoW just took and perfected the EQ formula. UO was and will forever remain the only true online role playing game.

Places for shit-tier ERPers.

Nigger there's a massive difference between roleplaying and ERP-ing.
In one you make meaningful choices that influence gameplay and story, in the other you talk to a bunch of autists about completely pointless shit.

What the fuck is this even supposed to mean?
Do you rally have no better argument?

Confirmed for no writing ability and standing around in Cathedral Square like a faggot.

i had a shitton of rp moments in wow. i think when it comes to rp, wow was more of a sandbox kinda game. kind of "make your own adventure". very open world, offered the option to interact with people in various ways but the rest was up to you while the quests were there just to keep you and other players scattered out and about in the world. i completely understand the hate for modern wow since it's none of that nowadays, however the hate for old (vanilla, bc) wow is a bit harder to grasp. i mean, i get it. if you played the game just to reach cap as fast as possible it was probably a shit game. it took me a year to get to lvl 40 in vanilla and it wasn't because i didn't play much. i just savored the experience and did all kinds of stuff, never let questing get in the way of fun. took me even longer to get to 40 on nost although i didn't play as much either. without even realizing it, questing's always been just a mechanism to get me out in the world. in the end it just depends on how you decided to make your experience. if you wanted to take the no-fun grind to cap you could do that. alternatively you could just not care so much about progression and have fun. sadly, i think most people missed the point and got stuck in the skinner box.

oh boy a dubs thread

You have no idea how hard I'm shigging my diggies.

t. MMOfag who much prefers its sandboxier peers, but is still not living in a bubble of second-hand game hatred autism.

This is what killed MMOs, not WoW. Thank Turbine for their innovations in jewry.

I think the answer is any FPSRPG.

Bordermemes, Destiny…

Two words.

Camelot Unchained.

You cheeky shit, you know that game is eons away. I just want to forget it exists until it comes out, but someones always gotta remind me

also bumping wow threads is a shit thing to do

Sandbox MMOs don't exist anymore, after WoW they all have questline based progression. This is what killed MMOs, not F2P.

sounds like destiny

Memelands 2?

for the love of god
MAKE MMOS GREAT AGAIN

It hurts, Holla Forums.

Can't user, MMOS are themselves a late-form form of a genre that is already dead. You missed the golden era of online gaming, which was the 90's MUDS/MOO/MU* scene. Every MMO that people speak of in nostalgic and glowing terms was just an adulterated, lesser version of the best MUDs with graphical glitz layered on top.

What is FFXIV?

Rift

I crave a good diablo-like fps to this day.

If the madman actually go through with it, I want to help and actually make it a sandbox with ideas like that, but I'm not sure I can stop him if he goes all in.

The closest we ever got to that was Hellgate: London.
RIP

wait, shit, my math was off

Thanks for that vague, unremarkable observation OP, that really stirred the pot for discussion. Too bad we don't have more threads just like this.

Good job dumbass

My math is right. Double check it.

Why the fuck would you do this? Just use a fucking minus sign.

You would probably like Mabinogi despite NX faggotry.

Anybody who likes overlord just has shit taste like the rest of /a/ and needs to go back to japan where all the weebs with shit taste belong.

Defiance
fuck videogames forever

Not even /a/ likes overlord, its literally only /tg/ because "LMAO FUNNY SKELETON LE MEMES XDD"

The old Black Isle games were D&D role-playing pur sang.

Let's face it:

MMOs are just interactive chat rooms. Nobody gives a shit about the game.

BE THE GUIDING HAND user

niceme.me

never played a single one, its pure cancer

First causes the second.

but what if you're a turboVRfag
I could even stomach Signs just because of the concept, even if I couldn't tolerate muh head monitors (with tape) or muh sord art online