OST thread

The best shit.
Post your favourite music from video games.

Game with actual Amano's style would be great.

This song makes me comfy

DeS has a really nice OST. More understated than DaS, but it has more of an identity.

I tried playing a pirated PC version of this, but it kept crashing. It this worth emulating?

I'm still fucking butthurt about that.

Yes it is.

At least there is eng patch for menus.

A PC version of BoF4? That doesn't sound real.

They released a multi language version for Europe. The version I had was a cracked Russian one with an English patch.

Alright, I'll give it a shot.

FreQuency and Kota Hoshino are musical gods.

It actually did get one. Some JRPGs used to occasionally see ports to PC even back then.

I can only hope some group can pick it up to do a full patch someday. What even happened that caused the game to only see a menu patch anyhow?

It's turboniche
It has absurd amount of text
It's on NDS

Hasn't stopped there from being a number of finished patches. Admittedly there's not as many as, say, the SFC, but the demand's been there to get various games into English even with it being a rather recent system. Hell, I might be wrong, but I think at this point it's seen more finished ones than the PS2.

Don't most JRPGs? Still, how much we talking? Still need to give the first game a go sometime myself, but I kind of doubt its script is DQVII or TitS SC tier huge.

Does seem like the sort of game that's pretty niche even for a JRPG though.

The Chrono Trigger OST was golden. But I refuse to give youtube any views.

I've been giving PSO2 another go lately. It's not the best of games, but the music and choreography are fucking top tier.
The mining base defense quests are incredible, with the music starting off a bit quieter and getting louder with each passing wave as stronger and more numerous enemies appear, with brief interludes between waves for players to stock up and prepare.

Every boss fight with Dark Falz is incredible as well. The Episode 1 fight with Elder incorporates his theme from PSO Ep.1. Luther's fight in Episode 2 has a bit of Olga Flow's theme. When you fight Profound Darkness in Episode 3, it plays the Dark Falz theme from Phantasy Star IV, and a complete remixed version of the music from Ep.3's fight with Castor and Pollox.
To make things even better, as the fight is nearing its end and reaching its climax, it switches over to a progressively more exciting remix of PSO's The Whole New World.

It's wonderful, even if the game doesn't actually live up to it.

Nigger, that game is hype as fuck.
It stops to live up to its OST only when you keep doing the same shit for hundred of times.

also Sun/Moon music sounds like ass.

You know, Endless Frontier was super fun.
I tried Project X Zone it has Haken and Kaguja on it but is not as fun.

I really need to replay this.

The SaGa franchise has the best music

One of the best final boss OSTs I've ever heard.