So I'm thinking about reinstalling MGSV but I want to know, have they fixed the online yet to make it fun?

So I'm thinking about reinstalling MGSV but I want to know, have they fixed the online yet to make it fun?

Also, how strong is the multiplayer life at the moment?

huh… the lack of a response is not pointing to good things.

just let go, user.

Play Planetside 2 with Holla Forums instead.

Same deal as nuDoom's multiplayer. Fun for a while, but ultimately falls flat. not to mention the netcode is the fucking worst I've had the displeasure of dealing with since Modern Warfare 2 came out

How did all of you get over it.

I just stopped thinking about it after awhile, it has been my biggest disappointment in quite some time, since I usually don't let myself get as excited for shit as I did for MGSV, but I was stupid and told myself it was going to be everything I expected and more

Thinking of what could have been only makes everything worse, in the end, the best thing you can do for yourself is just to let go, as cliched as that sounds, it really is the only way to stop the pain, I sat awake in bed for weeks agonizing over what went wrong and what they could have done to make it all better, but I've come to terms with it all now, and realize there's nothing that was going to stop Kojima's autism from shitting up the game, so its best just to try and forget about the whole thing.

i deleted my save and unistalled the game.

the old games still exist so even with the disappointment you can always go back and enjoy the older entries that range from good to damn near perfect. Also, I didn't hate the singleplayer in V, or the story.. it wasn't perfect or finished, but I got my monies worth out of it. Rough note to end the series on though.

actually, while we are on the topic. If they haven't fixed the multiplayer or problems in V, are the servers for Peace Walker HD still up and is there any life in the multiplayer there? I highly doubt it but figure I'd ask.

It won't be MGO2 levels of great but worth playing once a month imo.

I thought nothing could go wrong either and that more would come and was expecting an Evangelion-tier story. What games took place in Soviet-Afghan and nigger communist revolt of Africa. I still login everyday for rewards but I think today I'll stop.

But this was the last one user that's why it mattered. The gameplay to me was good but not delicious like 3 and 4, the world was barren with no cool and war-related to i.e. the war mechanic from 4 coming back. It would've been cool if Soviet/jihadi soldiers would work with you in secret from their superiors or some being deathly afraid of you like they see you and either walk away casually, run, or piss their pants and prey for mercy.

Yeah, and the AI that you came into contact with were pretty rough. At no point did you really feel like you were part of a living, breathing world.

I still think 4 would have been the perfect MGS if it would actually let you play the damn thing… but as it stands, 2 is my favorite and will stay that way. I don't think Konami will be making any more video games but if they try to make MGS without Kojima it just won't be MGS.

It was such a waste of those two settings too

There was absolutely NO conlfict in the game not outright started by Venom, no PMC infighting in Africa, no Mujahdeen raids in Afghanistan, and no Child Soldiers outside of those 3 missions.

Also no idea about PC but the PS4 community is still active but it's mostly Japs.

>game is about becoming a demon
>"SNAKE DON'T KILL THE CHILDREN OR IT'S GAME OVER"
The previous missions were shitdick asshole but that's when the game had typical action game faggotry on it

that moment you had to rescue those African kids I began to know what we were in for. Remember when we thought we were going to see the downfall of Big Boss?

I didn`t, I still work on my base from time to time

>lolno, that's the other big boss

Kojima had the biggest hateboner for Solid Snake for some unknown reason, but because of that he actually gets some character development. Big Boss, on the other hand, is Kojima's precious baby, and barely changes at all from how he was in MGS3.

I like the games with BB in them, but I won't pretend that they're not all very similar when it comes to his character.

MORE THAN HALF THE FUCKING GAME IS MISSING!

How the shit does one counter Hand of Jehuty spam? I got wrecked during a base defense (defense!) mission earlier today and I'm still salty as fuck.

MGO3 is pretty fun, the way they implemented fultoning into the game makes CQCing actually worth the risk. MGO2 didn't really give enough of an incentive to use CQC regularly so even though a lot of MGO2 purists bitch I would still consider MGO3 to be the superior game. Plus you can still do all of the trolly things from 2 like CQC someone, drag their body away, and then surround them with claymores so they're fucked when they wake.

The only current problem is that it seems once a week one of the automatch modes randomly breaks and is temporarily unusable. Last week it was bounty hunter automatch, the week before that it was the "random" automatch mode. If you just the mode that lets you manually select what match you join you should have no problems. i only prefer automatch because it matches me with other shitty low rank players so i actually have a chance